Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
That Elizabeth girl is annoying, given her age and personality...

Earth had to tolerate her this episode and I almost felt bad for her. This episode was no different from others with the dungeon conquest, RPG elements etc. Really hope Elizabeth or whatever doesn't get more screen time again. She's just annoying.
Nov 20, 2023 9:30 AM
Jul 2023
Interesting, the overarching plot is about A.I learning.

Ryu-chan is another fun character. can’t wait to see her interacting with Fairy Queen.
Nov 20, 2023 9:43 AM

Mar 2021
Decent enough episode, that Girl Elizabeth was just super annoying though really hope she doesn't become a recurring character
Nov 20, 2023 10:10 AM

Jun 2015
Chruncy just getting worse and worse. No eps no life.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 20, 2023 10:39 AM
Sep 2015
Yep, they're trying to nerf a jack of all trades like him by making him a master of none, now he can't even form a fairy contract but at least he get two new skills as compensation.
Nov 20, 2023 1:32 PM

Dec 2021
The fairy's charming sister is quite adorable; I'm looking forward to seeing more of her. Earth is truly living up to the Fairy Player title, with 80% of fairies aspiring to be his familiar. Challenges may arise, but he can always retreat to Fairyland.

I'm pretty confident that the mysterious individuals mentioned at the beginning aren't discussing the fairy NPCs; rather, they're referring to the random girl in Zeiws' party, and it turns out they are all admins in the game.

Nov 20, 2023 3:03 PM
Oct 2021
Oh goody, two more nuisances added in an episode. Hopefully they don't get much screen time because that Fairy Queen's personality is surely going back to annoying in future eps.
Nov 20, 2023 3:06 PM

Apr 2022
These fairies have had basically no impact outside a couple of episodes so far, it's so weird seeing them at the end of each episode as if they did anything to help with adventuring...
Nov 20, 2023 3:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Met two new waifus this episode, being Elizabeth and the dragon girl that Earth named Ryuu, both were fun and I enjoyed each of their bits, I especially liked when Earth helped Elizabeth calm down and use her spell, guess she forgot she’s playing a video game lol, but it was a good moment.

And yeah that new update for the game is kinda BS lol, forcing your players into sticking with one playstyle and kinda screwing over the existing playerbase ain’t a great idea, maybe they’ll improve the feature later lol. And lastly it looks like Earth is eternally unable to have a fairy, at least he has all the fairies simping for him including the greater fairies lol, maybe he could have them do him a favor in place of a contract.
Nov 20, 2023 3:32 PM

Feb 2019
Earth is hogging all the fairies! lol
I thought "Ryuu" would become his eventual contracted fairy, but I guess we'll find out once the Fairy Kingdom opens if their paths will cross again lol
Nov 20, 2023 6:31 PM

Mar 2013
The first half was somehow interesting because I got to see another episode with the lovely Milly!!! 🥰🥰🥰

Then the last half was epic! >_>
I can't wait for that next update!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 20, 2023 7:04 PM
Apr 2023
I wonder how much the new system mechanics will affect his gameplay/style.
He also finally met Ryuu, Fairy Queen's sister (and both of them happened to be big deal AI protocols). Makes me want to think that in this game, each of the greater fairies are actually individual AI protocols.

And it appears Earth has a bigger hareem than he originally thought.
Nov 20, 2023 7:15 PM
Nov 2010
All the fairies like you so much they will actively grief you in your progress and cripple your combat strength. Thanks, fairies.
Nov 20, 2023 8:25 PM
Jun 2012
Dere dere dere dere
Nov 21, 2023 7:05 AM
Sep 2018
I have to agree that it certainly looks like at least some of the NPCs are true AI's, capable of altering their own programing based upon what they experience; they learn and change. And can experience boredom, appreciate Tasty Food™ (this is based upon a Japanese LN, yes?) and have likes and dislikes when it comes to people and how they are treated by them.
And that this is deliberate on the part of the Devs.
What the end goal is? Sure, they look sus as all get out, but they can't control how they're drawn...
The Devs are part of their environment, and realize that; they aren't passively observing, they're responding to how the AIs feel.
The structure of the designators probably provides at least some information concerning the base setup for each AI, but as time passes likely become more 'arbitrary' due to the changes they undergo.

---

I'm not a fan of revisions to game systems dramatically changing the strengths and weaknesses of differing playing styles.
It ceases being what you signed on for in a major way.
Not that the changes they're making in this one would impact me much...I never get very high level in the first place. Not enough for them to matter.
I've been a somewhat inept gamer since 1977...I don't see that changing.

---

The immersion in the game environment seems pretty high level.
They can feel what their avatar touches, taste what it eats, see what it sees, there's some sense of the damage taken.
All from a removable half-helmet...I guess it interacts with the body's electromagnetic field somehow? I strongly question that there have been any surgically implanted interface ports.
Something to handwave, clearly.
Having it be a half-helmet makes if 'affordable' to a degree that a full-body chamber wouldn't, and the same would hold true for surgical implants if not a standard part of all activities.

---

No Contracted Fairy because there'd be a free for all in the Fairy Kingdom to determine which would obtain it.
Earth's popular.
His first visit to the Fairy Kingdom once the route is opened should prove...interesting.
And provide some indication as to how many of them are high level AI.
Nov 21, 2023 2:05 PM
Jun 2023
Anyone know if they are gonna dub this anime?
Nov 21, 2023 2:19 PM
Aug 2015
Dropping it now. It's just ... dumb ?

It's a game, it's isekai, it's a game, it's isekai, it's serious, it's not serious, it's real, it's not real ... does the writer behind it even know what to do with his story ? :/
Plus the characters ... IDK, maybe it's a show for 4 years old and that's why it's all over the place, so let's just say there's not one I care about.
Didn't have high expectations, so not disappointed ... just bored. :/
Nov 21, 2023 7:36 PM

Dec 2022
I guess it makes some sense to limit your skill point allocation and make you focus on 1 tree, but... since there were options to merge skills and also multiple non combat professions the change made by the game doesn't make sense at all lol.
Nov 23, 2023 12:25 AM

Jul 2017
The whole VRMMO experience being a lab rat experiment, considering that it's an A.I. learning of sorts.

Elizabeth is another of Zwei's party members tagging along with Earth to conquer the dungeon, as well as handling the monsters with the lesser liches. But apart from being the annoying healer, she's too scared about facing the monsters which can make the difference between life and death that Earth can only do so much with his potions.

A dragonian girl who meets Earth, being the Fairy Queen's lil' sis (nicknamed Ryuu) who's just as cunning as her other sister, wanting to taste his lips...and er, his food, of course. But an announcement where skills needed to be re-specced exclusively to the skill players trained the most, it's annoying, but Earth really doesn't matter much about it since his life is all fun. And word from the Fairy Queen that Earth cannot contract with fairies since they love him too much as a fairy-playah, and the Fairy Kingdom is in an upheaval because of this...which to Earth, he doesn't really mind and wants to try it out.

Wooh, the Fairy Kingdom able to be accessed in the next update, that would prove well for Earth. But the fairies...sure like him to escape from there first instead...things are going to get crazier.

How would Earth survive when the new game patch comes?
Nov 25, 2023 5:13 AM
Feb 2022
KANLen09 said:
The whole VRMMO experience being a lab rat experiment, considering that it's an A.I. learning of sorts.

Elizabeth is another of Zwei's party members tagging along with Earth to conquer the dungeon, as well as handling the monsters with the lesser liches. But apart from being the annoying healer, she's too scared about facing the monsters which can make the difference between life and death that Earth can only do so much with his potions.

A dragonian girl who meets Earth, being the Fairy Queen's lil' sis (nicknamed Ryuu) who's just as cunning as her other sister, wanting to taste his lips...and er, his food, of course. But an announcement where skills needed to be re-specced exclusively to the skill players trained the most, it's annoying, but Earth really doesn't matter much about it since his life is all fun. And word from the Fairy Queen that Earth cannot contract with fairies since they love him too much as a fairy-playah, and the Fairy Kingdom is in an upheaval because of this...which to Earth, he doesn't really mind and wants to try it out.

Wooh, the Fairy Kingdom able to be accessed in the next update, that would prove well for Earth. But the fairies...sure like him to escape from there first instead...things are going to get crazier.

How would Earth survive when the new game patch comes?

Earth will do fine. After all he's a less airheaded version of Maple so he'll pick some skills and/or equipment for fun that somehow turns out to be groundbreaking. 😃
Dec 1, 2023 3:37 PM
May 2020
Calm luh episode and it showed us some of the fairy kingdom so it was nice
Dec 12, 2023 3:08 PM
Oct 2022
Personally, the subplot about the secret plans of the devs doesn't interest me that much.
Dec 26, 2023 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
he won't survive visit to the fairy kingdom lol
Jan 9, 3:08 PM
Jan 2023
The dragon girl is certainly an interesting character, I'm sure we'll be seeing much more of her. Weird that the devs are plotting something though, and the fairy queen along with the dragon girl are related to this plot.

New update involving the fairy kingdom next time, not that Earth would survive a visit there considering how famous he is amongst the fairies. Seems he really is suffering from success...
Apr 28, 11:11 AM
Dec 2013
Just when I thought this anime couldn't get any worse and piss me off more, it actually managed to piss me off more!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yorrick - Jul 22, 2023

87 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 14, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2023

122 by Serena_Rozen »»
Jul 30, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2023

29 by jeffersondkid »»
Jan 12, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2023

24 by Magito »»
Jan 10, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

27 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jan 10, 8:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.