Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 27, 2023 1:29 AM

Apr 2022
uran reading and learning more about pinocchio. epsilon went all out despite avoiding these situations usually.
Oct 27, 2023 5:23 AM

Apr 2015
They really handled great Epsilon arc in the anime.
A lot of reveals and emotions

And talking about emotions, all this made Atom returns! Now for the last episode.
ScarRufusOct 27, 2023 5:38 AM
Oct 27, 2023 5:45 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode, this is just wonderful
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 27, 2023 11:16 PM

Mar 2019
What an episode... that ending was chilling...
Oct 28, 2023 3:46 PM
May 2021
Absolutely masterpiece of a series!! One more ep to watch!!
Oct 28, 2023 10:58 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Epsilon, true to himself to the very end. He gave everything he had to protect the children. These death scenes are just so good. Tragic, but so well done. Seeing his memories flash and hearing his internal thoughts during his death was devastating. However, death breeds new life. Atom has awakened!

Oct 29, 2023 9:29 AM

May 2020
I don't understand why Abdullah wanted to kill Epsilon.

He knows he didn't participate in the war, and he rescued & raised orphaned children. As someone who knows the pain of losing family & a child, Abdullah should respect that (like he said he did at the funeral). But for some reason, he still targets Epsilon for revenge?

If his stated mission was to limit robots/AI by taking out all 7 of the highest tiered ones in existence, then it would be understandable. But that's not what he cares about, as his entire goal is purely seeking revenge for losing his treasure valued above all else - his family. Maybe it's explained better in the manga.
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
Oct 29, 2023 10:50 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to THE_BigDingus
I don't understand why Abdullah wanted to kill Epsilon.

He knows he didn't participate in the war, and he rescued & raised orphaned children. As someone who knows the pain of losing family & a child, Abdullah should respect that (like he said he did at the funeral). But for some reason, he still targets Epsilon for revenge?

If his stated mission was to limit robots/AI by taking out all 7 of the highest tiered ones in existence, then it would be understandable. But that's not what he cares about, as his entire goal is purely seeking revenge for losing his treasure valued above all else - his family. Maybe it's explained better in the manga.
@THE_BigDingus I think it’s just his visceral hatred has blinded him from delving any deeper into the morality of what he’s doing. He knows that Epilson wasn’t involved in what transpired but maybe in his own irrational mindset he hates all the 7 robots (and just about everyone) equally for what happened to his family
Oct 29, 2023 7:29 PM
Dec 2022
i cannot believe that i get to watch this show, i feel honored, like it is truly such a privelege
Oct 30, 2023 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
rest in peace epsilon the pacifist robot

pluto or sahad is a slave of strong emotions like hate right now he wants someone to end his suffering

uran meanwhile really embodies empathy she has high emotional intelligence for a robot

atom is now awake too time for the last episode
Oct 30, 2023 1:13 AM

Oct 2013
Epsilon was a walking nuke with a heart of gold till the end.

Atom is back!
Oct 30, 2023 4:19 AM

Jun 2017
This was the best episode man. I loved it more than the first episode.
Oct 30, 2023 1:48 PM
Jan 2019
Epsilon has to be my favorite character in the show
Oct 31, 2023 5:40 AM
Jan 2021
this show is amazing maybe its the best tv show that discuce the deapth of the human naition and filingsi love it so much icreadeble
Nov 2, 2023 7:06 AM

Oct 2019
It appears the revived Atom absorbed the memories and/or feelings of Epsilon and Gesicht. Did he become the Ultimate AI?
Nov 3, 2023 8:39 AM

Sep 2008
Wassily holding Epsilon's hands (the only pieces of Epsilon left) to his face like embracing a parent just tore me up. Its been a LONG time since an anime made me feel actual grief. I cried...I just couldn't help. The tears couldn't be stopped.

The sorrow, the pain and anguish, juxtaposed with love and kindness...Pluto as a story is such a pure, raw examination of "good", "evil", and what it means to live.
What a masterpiece.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Nov 3, 2023 7:55 PM

Oct 2016
Watching the anime made me realize how well the manga anticipates the final twist, at least three times.

First with the detector on the third volume/episode.

Second, when talking about the perfect machine that can lie even to itself, on the fifth.

And third, on the scene where Uran reads Pinocchio, on this one.

Nov 6, 2023 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
Not that the other robots and scientists deserved it but hell, Epsilon out of all of them should not have been targeted. What's the point of killing a pacifist who refused to fight in the war? Dr. Abullah's just a madman at this point.
Nov 8, 2023 6:58 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to CaptainKenshiro
Watching the anime made me realize how well the manga anticipates the final twist, at least three times.

First with the detector on the third volume/episode.

Second, when talking about the perfect machine that can lie even to itself, on the fifth.

And third, on the scene where Uran reads Pinocchio, on this one.

@CaptainKenshiro could you explain the allusion with Pinocchio? I don't really get it other than it's for Prof Abdullah (robot?)
Nov 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Oct 2016
Reply to copypasterCPS
@CaptainKenshiro could you explain the allusion with Pinocchio? I don't really get it other than it's for Prof Abdullah (robot?)
@copypasterCPS

Well, it's a bit of a spoiler, but yes, that is what I was referring to.
Nov 9, 2023 4:00 PM

Feb 2012
Epsilon damn, one by one the greatest robots are falling.

Gesicht thought of copycat murders but was murdered after getting too close to the truth. Abdullah and Pluto aren't the only actors here. I think Uran with her Pinnochio book is perhaps alluding to Abdullah's strings being pulled by Goji/Bora, who have their own powers.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 10, 2023 3:26 AM
May 2021
Epsilon and Gesicht are the only ones who did some damage to him lol. Everyone is dead now only Atom is left who just revived like a psycho lol
Nov 10, 2023 5:11 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Everyone fell, and then Atom stood.
Nov 12, 2023 6:30 PM

Feb 2017
This show can be so fucking stupid jfc. On what planet do you just give a kid to some rich guy who rolls up out of nowhere while the guardian is away and don’t even say anything to him until he comes home???

Oh, brilliant move by Epsilon letting Pluto finish him off instead of taking out Pluto and Abullah given he’s the only high-level robot left and the alternative is the world being devoured, but it’s probably smarter to just leave it to “anybody.”

Speaking of Pluto, I’m so glad it only took till episode 7 out of 8 for the show to actually show off the central character of the show. Gotta love how a show that looks this fucking good absolutely refuses to show off any of the fights between Pluto and the world’s most advanced robots.

Also, I’m so sick of this melodramatic “only extreme negative emotions can rouse these super duper complex robots to do anything” nonsense. And all because of a personal vendetta by Abullah in such a minimally expanded upon in the grand scheme of things revenge plot.

Mysteries are made and broken by their endings and this show is just spiraling downward and it’s unbelievably frustrating.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Nov 14, 2023 5:54 PM

Mar 2021
Epsilon man I knew he was strong but now it makes sense why Abullah targeted him last.
Nov 15, 2023 9:43 PM

Jun 2020
Another banger episode after the last one. Some of the animation near the end was truly amazing. So Sahad/Pluto seems to hate everything he's doing, but is being controlled somehow. And Bora is a completely different robot. I'm curious how Atom is going to do anything against all of this.
Nov 15, 2023 9:50 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to E_Creator
This show can be so fucking stupid jfc. On what planet do you just give a kid to some rich guy who rolls up out of nowhere while the guardian is away and don’t even say anything to him until he comes home???

Oh, brilliant move by Epsilon letting Pluto finish him off instead of taking out Pluto and Abullah given he’s the only high-level robot left and the alternative is the world being devoured, but it’s probably smarter to just leave it to “anybody.”

Speaking of Pluto, I’m so glad it only took till episode 7 out of 8 for the show to actually show off the central character of the show. Gotta love how a show that looks this fucking good absolutely refuses to show off any of the fights between Pluto and the world’s most advanced robots.

Also, I’m so sick of this melodramatic “only extreme negative emotions can rouse these super duper complex robots to do anything” nonsense. And all because of a personal vendetta by Abullah in such a minimally expanded upon in the grand scheme of things revenge plot.

Mysteries are made and broken by their endings and this show is just spiraling downward and it’s unbelievably frustrating.
E_Creator said:

I gotta agree this was incredibly stupid, why tf would you give the kid away for someone "making a donation" when the orphanage is already huge and very modern?? Not to mention that they are on a huge plot of land with pastures of grass, what more do they want to warrant doing that transaction without Epsilon except for plot reasons🤦‍♂️

E_Creator said:

From what I got from that scene was that Epsilon knew that Pluto was an innocent soul (Sahad) from Gesicht's knowledge which is why he didn't finish him off previously. So being the pacifist he is, he tried to talk him out of it. But by the time it was too late to convince Pluto otherwise, the storm caused by Bora showed up to block Epsilon from defending himself against Pluto, killing him. Seems that Epsilon didn't get the hint in time that Pluto is probably being controlled
Nov 20, 2023 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
Didn't expect to feel even sadder than I did after Gesicht's death. Epsilon was a true hero! RiP.

So, it seems like Atom will be the sole survivor after all. Kind of predictable due to Atom=Astroboy, but it wasn't a guaranteed return. In the end did Atom gain all the memories of other special robots? I wonder.
Nov 20, 2023 2:45 PM

Jan 2020
That one middle aged lady was a dumbass for selling out Wassily. The orphanage looked pretty well funded so I dont see why they'd need even more money. Other than that, RIP Epsilon. Beautiful direction and beautiful episode all around. it's time for astro boy to avenge the fallen ones and carry out the final blow
astoneonNov 20, 2023 4:37 PM
man.
Nov 20, 2023 8:37 PM

Jul 2013
I am so happy Wassily was saved. Broke my heart when he shouted 'Bora! Bora!'
Nov 22, 2023 2:58 PM
Jul 2021
I guess the show needs a very specific lens/interpretive framework to be a 10/10 for audiences, but I cannot force that specific framework on others. Which is why I can acknowledge the characterization of Epsilon may not be the best.
Nov 24, 2023 1:47 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Epsilon day, Epsilon episode...

It was a great day, but all change...

...Well, Atom returns, or it seems!!!
kekeke
Nov 28, 2023 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
Epsilon was true to himself till the end. His character might be one that causes split opinions depending on how people viewed his actions and behaviors but he went out in one of the more meaningfully portrayed deaths in this series, went out like a hero. More intrigue lies with Bora in particular after the episode. It was a bit frustrating plot-wise that the donation was just accepted for Wassily but I do assume this was a situation where either the orphanage accepts it nicely or hell was going to be paid and Wassily was going to be dragged out of there. Abullah was quite blinded and drunk on hatred to even let him desperately want to take out Epsilon like that considering his pacifistic nature and not being involved with the war but he just wanted all the greatest robots to be dead and for everyone to suffer like what he and his country experienced. Blind hatred has been a theme featured in this series from time to time and Abullah was in full display of his true attitude behind his mask here. Love the different emotions experienced with these different confrontations between Pluto and the greatest robots with grief, hatred, etc. and some of those emotions seeping into the revival of Atom for the finale. The animation of the action near the end of the episode was really good too. Only one more to go.
Dec 3, 2023 4:04 AM
Mar 2019
This is the build-up to the final episode. Knowing what will happen doesn't make what happened any sadder. Especially with Epsilon...
Dec 8, 2023 6:14 AM

Jul 2013
Welp I was right. I was right Epsilon's gonna die too. I was right that Atom's coming back. Most importantly, I was right when I said in the end of episode 2 that every single one of them will die because they all want to fight solo. When north 2 died the most common sense thing to do is group up the rest of them and fight together. But nah
Dec 8, 2023 9:51 PM

Apr 2015
So finally all the War robots died and now Atom is alive again, Things really are heading to a climax.
The finale is going to be epic.
Dec 18, 2023 3:49 AM
Oct 2019
BORA!! BORA!! BORA!!

The last one down, RIP EPSILON!!
and Atom returns???

I'm not ready for the FINALE...
i need to take some time off before i'm watching it.

Dec 21, 2023 8:42 AM

May 2015
"Are you going to deny the boy the chance to be adopted by ideal (???) parents just because he doesn't like it?"

Emm.... yes? What kind of question is that?

No, let's just throw the boy to some so-called ideal parents, no, not really, only the chance to be adopted, even though he clearly doesn't like it.... and what ideal parents just rush to take him away from his home, all while Epsilon is not there.... nope, not suspicious at all. And turned out, Johansen didn't even exist, lmao. They were all in such a hurry to get rid of the boy for some donation (did they even receive it?) they couldn't do a simple record check. For all those caretakers know, they could be sending a boy to child abusers, at least some check-up should have been done as a mandatory procedure, not just handled because some guy who only just showed up told them they are ideal, all the while shit-talking Epsilon, who was actually the real ideal parent all along.

Just. Argh.

And then, "We didn't have a choice..." No, they had a choice, no one was really forcing them, but they clearly made the wrong one.
Dec 30, 2023 10:41 PM
Mar 2015
Another one bites the dust but Epsilon understands and brings that understanding to Atom
Jan 10, 8:32 AM

Feb 2019
Nooooo epsilon 😭😭😭 my 2nd fave character and Gesicht number 1. On to the last episode >-<
Crazy for Siyun Baek and Park Yunsu

Jan 10, 9:26 PM
Jan 2019
I love this adaptation such a shame its almost over
Jan 15, 5:41 PM
Jul 2017
What a terrible episode, nothing made sense and it's just bad writing
Jan 17, 5:17 AM

Dec 2021
what an amazing episode , i feel everyone saluted epsilon in the ep , a pacifists fight , he couldve killed pluto and it could save the others but he remained a pacifist , another 10/10 ep , enjoyed every bit of it , i felt really sad for epsilon and his orphan , he gave everything in the end to protect him , and i miss gesicht already, the question is why was abullah after epsilon after he took kids with no parents from the war, he doesnt give a f it seems , hes not a nationalist , he wants revenge for his family. The pinochio book reminded me of the nameless monster , a lot of parallels to monster , johan with kids and epsilon with kids and they have the same voice actor and also the same face. Yo and why tf does netflix switch to the next epsiode before playing the outro in so little warning time? its pissing me off.
vinnywizanimeJan 17, 5:43 AM
Jan 20, 3:46 PM

Jul 2016
Well, guess we can all agree that Epsilon was indeed the most "human" robot out there. Because no full robot could have been so stupid to spare Pluto/Bora's "life" twice in one episode. Man, that was dumb.

Meh episode. Sad to see the direction the story took after Gesicht's "death" but I was kinda expecting it. Gesicht's character was the strongest point the show had, after all.
- Abullah's hatred was towards those who actively participated in the war so him targeting Epsilon (someone who refused joining the army and even raises orphaned children from that same war) makes absolute no sense. Did the author forget about the talk they had at that funeral and the heartfelt praises Epsilon received from Abullah?
- Why would you give a kid to a super suspicious-looking man without doing a 5-10 minutes identity confirmation first? Why would you feel pressured to accept because of a donation if Epsilon's place already seems luxurious enough? Why would you take that decision without asking the main caretaker/guardian first? "We didn't have a choice..."? Seriously, author?
Jan 25, 12:46 AM

May 2019
These episodes continue to be surprising and captivating. Seeing things from the robot's perspectives is really moving and entertaining. Definitely worth the watch
Feb 11, 10:53 AM

Sep 2017
Epsilon is the goat. I guess it's to be expected that this episode focused on him. The finale will be all about Atom... I figured he'd come back but they really saved it for the finale. It works tho. So there is a third entity controlling even Abullah is being controlled you say... Perhaps the robot parts inside him are part of the perfect AI. That is definitely involved in some way.
Mar 5, 12:50 AM
Dec 2022
Epsilon birthday yippee
Epsilon episode? More Persia stuff
DAYUM WHAT Wassily song aww hell nah

DID EPSILON WIN? Wassily says his name for the first time

Aw nah bringing him to Abdullah is crazy
WHAT IS GOING ON
Full reveal of Pluto
Is pluto finally going to be gone
SAHAD Oh god its over
Epsilon.. Goodnight my sweet prince. You were the nicest robot ever
They didnt have to do him like that MANNN 😭
Jun 14, 12:28 AM

Mar 2013
There was no reason for Abullah to target Epsilon. His death was truly sad.
Jun 20, 3:08 PM

Aug 2019
We lost another good person. Epsilon deserved to live and look after his children. This really sucks. Atom needs to solve this problem immediately.
Jun 28, 1:06 PM

Aug 2022
There goes the last of the seven robots. At least Atom is revived.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pluto Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MegamiRem - Oct 26, 2023

137 by GavrocheN7 »»
Oct 19, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ScarRufus - Oct 26, 2023

86 by GavrocheN7 »»
Oct 16, 6:03 PM

» Why this didn't become as popular like monster?? ( 1 2 )

Mackyreels - Sep 12

64 by AmirKazeXD »»
Oct 7, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

King_KK - Oct 26, 2023

66 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 27, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Pluto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

deg - Oct 26, 2023

201 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 27, 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.