Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2023 7:38 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to AbyssWalker21
Another slow and mostly mediocre ep but at least there was a lot of Crimson this time. Kinda like a calm before the storm vibes, since next episode they'll be battling Disas Trois. The pacing is chaotic beyond belief and if they screw up the battling next episode I'll be disappointed. This definitely doesn't feel like the same anime that dropped a 47 min ep some weeks back.
@AbyssWalker21 This is the most boring part of the manga so don't get your hopes up and don't expect too much in the next episode either, that being said, once the Wind Dragon is killed in episode 4 then we will move to the capital arc and this is where shit gets good and Ragna will finally have his first big fight and it's one hell of a fight, I'm still reserving judgment on this anime, I haven't rated anything yet, but if they fuck this up in that big fight with some half-assed mediocre animation then I will be disappointed and in this case, I will say that this anime is a lost cause and the manga is way better, I don't trust SILVER LINK so I'm giving this crappy-ass studio chances here, they better not fuck this up.

But until then, I will reserve my judgment on this anime.
Oct 15, 2023 7:45 AM

Dec 2018
gotta be one of the most abrupt endings i've ever witnessed. is japan incapable of making a complete episode these days?
Oct 15, 2023 8:27 AM
Apr 2022
magic is awesome chant, guns and trucks, laid back protagonist, and nonstop mumbling dragon who talks to the wind. my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined
Oct 15, 2023 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
The tone was all over the place. This started out as Terminator meets Reign of Fire, and quickly derailed into a mess.

The world building is laughable. Trucks in a medieval settling? Full automatic rifles?

And that silly Slime thing...

You guys have fun with this. For me this is a drop.
Oct 15, 2023 10:49 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to puppetmazter
The tone was all over the place. This started out as Terminator meets Reign of Fire, and quickly derailed into a mess.

The world building is laughable. Trucks in a medieval settling? Full automatic rifles?

And that silly Slime thing...

You guys have fun with this. For me this is a drop.
@puppetmazter It's not a medieval setting though, there are some parts of the world that are far more advanced and have that advanced weaponry or cars or whatever, a person in this thread already explained those things but it's hidden in a spoiler.

Plus Crimson has his space-time magic thingie which he can use to get the weaponry or cars anytime he wants.
Oct 15, 2023 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to xZabuzax
@puppetmazter It's not a medieval setting though, there are some parts of the world that are far more advanced and have that advanced weaponry or cars or whatever, a person in this thread already explained those things but it's hidden in a spoiler.

Plus Crimson has his space-time magic thingie which he can use to get the weaponry or cars anytime he wants.
@xZabuzax Thank you, Zabuza. If there is a valid reason for this, then I jumped the gun here. The vehicles look like tfrom the end of the 20th century, when there were already nuclear bombs developed. That seemed inconsistent to me, that they gosh over some MPs and dress like in an JRPG.
Oct 15, 2023 12:51 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
After a double-length first episode, this third one considerably shifted the tone of the series. This shift was already foreseen since Ragna parted ways with Leo.

Too many things happened this time, it'd be interesting to see how Crimson's intentions develop as more episodes go.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Oct 15, 2023 3:55 PM
Jul 2023
so what's up with the modern technology? I thought this was a medieval time period. the episode also ended really abruptly
Oct 15, 2023 9:46 PM
Jul 2021
Crimson is pretty hot.
Oct 16, 2023 11:35 AM
May 2021
ragna is half dead and crimson i kinda plotting something
Oct 16, 2023 12:22 PM
Aug 2017
Crimson is the reason why I’m still watching the show, I like their personality, and I’m also curious about their past. But for the rest I’m not feeling it, i’ll try until ep 5 and see if I’ll drop it or not.
Oct 16, 2023 2:42 PM
Jun 2020
compleetly different direction from the start
Oct 17, 2023 6:36 AM
Aug 2021
Nothing much happened in this episode. They prepared to fight. The dragon had a mental breakdown😂😂😂
Oct 17, 2023 4:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
yeah it's lost me, this episode dragged. bye bye

i'll be back when it finishes airing if turns out that it actually slaps. but right now, it's just oozing mediocrity

may the rest of you continue to enjoy this though

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Oct 17, 2023 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
Crimson's plan of keeping Leonica was actually S-Class wicked!!! bwahahah!
5/5.

Oct 18, 2023 1:11 AM

Mar 2008
Murase is really killing it as Crimson. I love wild characters like that.
Oct 18, 2023 11:29 AM
May 2017
lol crimson is such a d1ck, i don't see how ragna is gonna put up with that mf for this entire journey. I wonder if he is only treating ragna like that so he doesn't get attached? I imagined if they bonded regularly, Ragna would have reservations about killing him when they succeed in eliminating the dragon threat. Just my theory

Oct 18, 2023 4:16 PM

Apr 2008
I don't understand what this is going for anymore. The beats are so odd. What was the point of Crimson's disguise, the brief brainwashing scene, the wacky slime, the guns. It's too random. This is a step above Ragna is OP forever and beats up all the things, but I'm not interested.
Oct 19, 2023 4:49 PM

Jan 2021
Hell yea! Rifles, Jeeps, Swords, and Silver. Are we fighting dragons or vampires or a combination of both? Either way, I love it, and I am here for it.

I have to keep reminding myself that Crimson is not a good guy but only uses Ragna and anyone else as a means to an end. I did find it sad that he left Leo behind and the way he left her behind. Hopefully, we will see more of Leo in the future, but for now, Crimson is the centerpiece of this anime.

Poor Ragna will be reduced to a tool that infuses silverine into weapons.

That monologue in the end was something else; well done.

Oct 19, 2023 8:05 PM

Sep 2021
Anime needs more protagonists like Crimson!
Oct 20, 2023 4:51 PM

Sep 2017
Lol the third whatever tf dragon monologuing to himself at the end with the abrupt cut was pretty funny. Looks like the pacing has slowed down a bit tho which I guess is to be expected. There are only 10 of those elite dragon dudes and if I'm not mistaken 2 are already dead and number 1 is crimson (the dude from ep 1 was number 10 and I think the really fat dragon in ep 2 was also one).
Oct 21, 2023 3:27 AM
Aug 2020
evil crimson is here!!!!
Oct 25, 2023 4:53 AM

Mar 2013
So that's why the title isn't Ragna Leonice...

Crimson is seriously a Psychopath.
The best antagonist/con-artist in this series.

Ragna is becoming more of a puppet than actually acting on his own beliefs. He is more inclined to follow Crimson's whims. Even if his future self is fused with his past now. Ragna is still a foolish one to be something like a doll.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 29, 2023 6:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This tornado devil is crazy too!!!
Sadic is the word!!
kekeke
Oct 29, 2023 7:29 PM
May 2020
equipping the people with blickies haha
Oct 31, 2023 6:55 AM
Sep 2021
Crimson is using ragna and the other humans are being used as tools by him. Let's see how they will fight the tempest cell.
Nov 2, 2023 10:40 AM
Aug 2023
another whatever episode, but Crimson is such a cool character
Dec 2, 2023 5:51 PM
Dec 2017
what a masterpiece holy shit. very rare to see something so dark in these types of animes. and it's not unnecessarily dark, it's definitely necessary for the story/character. i expected way worse anime due to the rating. maybe it gets dull later but so far this anime is 10/10 imo for many many reasons.
Dec 8, 2023 6:47 AM

Nov 2023
This episode was really meh, but Crimson is a very intriguing character, as shown through his/her antics and sadistic personality.
Dec 10, 2023 4:52 AM

Oct 2023
the wind dragon was rambling more than my professors do at university when they get off topic
Dec 25, 2023 9:51 PM

Nov 2009
That truck showing up out of no where in the beginning reminded me "Devil May Cry" opening...

Also, Crimson's a pure Yandere huh... she'll literally kill Ragna if he leaves her... OOF (she even recommended kidnapping Leo and drugging her so she stays asleep...) (I was wondering what the TV warning at the beginning of the episode was for... kidnapping and drugging lolis, this would have never be approved to be shown or even mentioned in any of the US TV shows/ series)

And I still prefer Crimson as a cute shy maid girl over this dommy...

And... Crimson gave them modern guns... with silver-coated bullets... WTF? First the Truck, then Modern Guns... is Crimson bring stuff from the future into the past? lol...

(and if so... why don't you bring out even further future tech... like space ships or beam weapons... could even have beam rifles that shoots silver, lol, don't even need bullets... or better yet... why not just bring in weapons that can actually kill dragons? since if Modern weapon exists, it means humanity survived the Dragon's "extermination" already in the future, and if so, it would progress to the further future techs that can easily combat against dragons) (this is a huge plot hole....) (or is Crimson getting the weapons from an "isekai modern Earth" instead of "current future timeline")
amlgDec 25, 2023 10:03 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 26, 2023 12:39 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to amlg
That truck showing up out of no where in the beginning reminded me "Devil May Cry" opening...

Also, Crimson's a pure Yandere huh... she'll literally kill Ragna if he leaves her... OOF (she even recommended kidnapping Leo and drugging her so she stays asleep...) (I was wondering what the TV warning at the beginning of the episode was for... kidnapping and drugging lolis, this would have never be approved to be shown or even mentioned in any of the US TV shows/ series)

And I still prefer Crimson as a cute shy maid girl over this dommy...

And... Crimson gave them modern guns... with silver-coated bullets... WTF? First the Truck, then Modern Guns... is Crimson bring stuff from the future into the past? lol...

(and if so... why don't you bring out even further future tech... like space ships or beam weapons... could even have beam rifles that shoots silver, lol, don't even need bullets... or better yet... why not just bring in weapons that can actually kill dragons? since if Modern weapon exists, it means humanity survived the Dragon's "extermination" already in the future, and if so, it would progress to the further future techs that can easily combat against dragons) (this is a huge plot hole....) (or is Crimson getting the weapons from an "isekai modern Earth" instead of "current future timeline")
amlg said:

Crimson is not getting those modern weapons from the future, he's getting them from the present, he has those weapons and vehicles stored in a safe location and he can enter that location and retrieve them anytime he wants with his power, also, Ragna Crimson is not happening in the past, it's happening in a post-apocalyptic present/future and modern weapons and vehicles already existed before everything went to shit in that world due to the dragons and because of it, some parts of the world will have that medieval look, and other parts of the world will be more advanced.

I will explain further any confusion that you have but this will have spoilers, there are 2 types of silver, the normal silver that exists in the world that does nothing, and a rare Silver Metal that came from space, this rare Silver Metal that came from space is the one that produces Silverine and to kill the dragons you need weapons with Silverine, however, this rare metal is scarce and they don't have the resources nor the luxury to create advanced weapons with it nor bullets so the best way to use this rare metal is to produce melee weapons like swords, axe, lances, etc... since they can reuse those weapons over and over again and thus, the only way for them to have bullets infused with Silverine at the moment is using Ragna and that's exactly what Crimson is doing, he's using Ragna to get his bullets and he's testing things out with machine guns infused with Silverine bullets.

What you described is not a plot hole, I just explained everything for you and the dragons are more OP than you think and you will see how dangerous they are pretty soon, modern weapons won't do anything to them, you need Silverine weapons and that's something they lack, this is where Ragna comes in since he can actually imbue the weapons and bullets with Silverine.
Dec 28, 2023 8:36 PM
Oct 2019
cars and modern guns, huh? well, i hate it. completely destroyed the world building for me. not that i understand why there's a talking f'ing slime that eats crimson's dead bodies...

first episode that i genuinely didn't like
Dec 31, 2023 10:01 PM

Feb 2021
She just shoot herself and regenerate with new body XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 6, 6:14 PM
Feb 2020
I thought it was OK to begin with, but then they started mixing our modern world weaponry and vehicles with the original fantasy setting, something I strongly dislike.
For anyone that enjoys a mix of fantasy swords and shields and magic and modern day firearms and the like, then this may be for you, it just wasn't for me.
Jan 6, 11:03 PM

May 2015
Crimson is pretty ruthless in pursuing his goal of exterminating the dragons. I give him points in at least telling the dragon hunters they most likely won't survive this upcoming battle with Mr 3rd seat here.
Jan 7, 3:36 AM

Nov 2011
i think ragna and crimson relationship is much more deeper then they show here
Jan 12, 4:20 PM
Jul 2023
grim reaper ragna
Jan 14, 3:17 PM

Jul 2011
Truck and guns.. welp.

:/
Feb 19, 4:15 PM
Mar 2021
EP 3: My thoughts RIGHT NOW;

I think I need a little more time to really get into it and fall inlove with this anime. Even though I really like it I feel a sense of deja-vu from this which coincides with alot of other anime's like this but I'm hoping for a different turn of events to play out. Once I feel a sense of repeats I always end up knowing the ending and what's the fun in that??? which is why I really hope it surprises me.
Feb 28, 1:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Crimson can't die at all, it was interesting to see him giving real firearms to these guys, time to kill that Disaster dragon, lmao the classical music while he talks.
Mar 9, 7:37 AM

Jan 2017
Dang, Crimson's face, voice and personality are making me giddy 😵🤤
I love his character so much!
Mar 18, 5:11 AM

Jun 2022
Less Talking , More Moving .

Mar 18, 5:15 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Mainnus
Based Disas Trois.
@Mainnus This Is Good .

Apr 1, 11:02 PM

Dec 2020
I don't understand why people like crimson so much I think it's annoying as fuck. But I'm at least glad they completely dropped the annoying voicing of the previous episode. The best part of the episode was 100% when the Beethoven music played and that guy started talking super fast that was gold. But regarding the episode itself self I don't fkin understand what's going on with the pacing.
niookookjoApr 1, 11:06 PM
Apr 13, 6:30 AM
Jan 2014
the fur elise when the wind guy is talking is chefs kiss
Apr 18, 4:16 AM
Jul 2019
Does this get any better?

Because it's all over the place and it's SO boring!

NM: Dropped. It's hot garbage!
Jul 14, 9:52 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Cayusashi
so what's up with the modern technology? I thought this was a medieval time period. the episode also ended really abruptly
@Cayusashi

I agree. Very confused as to why there are guns and cars...
Aug 18, 12:01 PM
Aug 2018
right at the end!!!! I'm dying from laughter he turned into a reedit in cell oh my god. i never new i needed to see this!
Aug 27, 11:04 AM
Oct 2016
Pure love for Crimson !
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.