Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 22, 2023 2:19 PM
Jan 2019
The Twist ending is perfect
Aug 22, 2023 11:55 PM
Nov 2020
Big step up just like ep 3. Fav Ep of the series so far for sure and its nice to see the curtain pulled back and Katie to get some character development.
Aug 24, 2023 2:50 AM

Apr 2013
KingYoshi said:
I finally made it! It feels like a long journey through the absolute slog that was the first 5 episodes of this series. The reveal of the revenge plot and all of the edge that came with it was quite enjoyable. I hope this series continues with the same approach that was shown in the highlights of this episode. Though, the moments between the larger scale events were still really hard to watch. Surely dude isn't going back to the model student getting kisses on the cheek after "the power of friendship" speeches, or "troll rights,' speeches, or whatever other nonsense these characters are spitting back and forth to each other. I have hope, though admittedly, it is just a small vial of hope.

If you followed the series you would know that there is literally no way he doesn't return to such daily life events. That's the best cover up he can have and his best chance to survive in there long enough to get his revenge. Going full edgelord crap would have him pitifully killed before he can kill a single other of his targets. he's a mouse in a lion den, leading a group of mouses, hunting the biggest and strongest lions there are. if yo uwant shounen battle crap where the protagonist can be stupidly direct with his opponents and somehow his opponents let him live because reason, I doubt this story will please you. Any of his targets would murder him the moment they find him out, and he wouldn't be able to touch them, let alone kill them.
Aug 24, 2023 6:09 AM
Feb 2019
Unexpected ending. Anime was going abit slow at the start but episode 6 seems to take the anime on a different turn. So glad I did not drop this.
Aug 24, 2023 11:29 AM

Aug 2022
So out of nowhere this just becomes a revenge story? What? Seems really random lol.
Aug 24, 2023 4:36 PM

Apr 2013
UnknownGhost5 said:
So out of nowhere this just becomes a revenge story? What? Seems really random lol.

There were plenty of hints that something was off though, and with it some of Oliver's previous behaviour makes perfect sense.
Aug 25, 2023 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
The fight against Milligan was fun. Nanao accidentally creating the seventh spellblade wasn't surprising. If anything it felt inevitable considering the title.

What was surprising was the big reveal in the second half. It was obvious Oliver was hiding some big secrets but those secrets were a lot more extreme than I imagined. The first major death in this series being a teacher was a shock but was was more shocking was the Oliver used a spellblade to take him down.

The torture scene was more extreme than anything I could've imagined Oliver would be capable of. Oliver repeating the word "wrong" gave me chills! This twist has definitely made me a lot more interested in this show.
Aug 28, 2023 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
rated first episodes1~5
2~4/5

till ep6 sudden shift
5/5 for ep6
Aug 28, 2023 6:20 PM
Apr 2021
Madamordinger said:
FiddlePie said:
Oliver's true nature has been revealed. This anime keeps getting exciting and exciting. Nanao is just a badass. She's intense in every fight which makes her a formidable. Oliver's mother backstory was really tragic. Though the teachers at Kimberly were involved, the one who Oliver should be plotting revenge is Esmeralda who for some reason reminds me of Esdeath. I wanna see Oliver get his revenge on the teachers. I don't want it to become where he kills the guys but leaves the girls cause in anime you rarely see a guy hitting or killing a girl. We don't need that. I wanna see him exact his revenge and kill those teachers.
lol true funny how the head mistress sounds almost the same with Esdeath which kinda wonder if the author took the reference from it

The author probably took reference from it lol
Aug 29, 2023 9:42 PM
Jan 2021
WTF DID I JUST WATCH?? HOLY FREAK. THAT WAS A CLIFFHANGAR I DID NOT EXPECT. Sorry apologies to anyone that will dislike this comment, since I never read the manga in my life, so yeah that is a freaking Cliffhanger.
Aug 29, 2023 9:45 PM
Jan 2021
I take what I said back, it is not a cliffhangar it is A FREAKING PLOT TWIST THAT CAME OUT OF FREAKING NOWHERE
Aug 30, 2023 3:24 AM

Oct 2015
projekt_DKY said:
WTF DID I JUST WATCH?? HOLY FREAK. THAT WAS A CLIFFHANGAR I DID NOT EXPECT. Sorry apologies to anyone that will dislike this comment, since I never read the manga in my life, so yeah that is a freaking Cliffhanger.

This is a LN adaptation, not a manga adaptation.

According to the author’s previous work, Tenkyou No Alderamin, in the afterword of the last volume, he mentioned that this is a story about humans. I have read 8 volumes of the LNs, a lot of human experimentation indeed.

So you just watched a show about humans. Hopes this answers your question~
Sep 8, 2023 12:55 PM
Sep 2018
that was absolutely amazing
Sep 10, 2023 8:22 PM

Oct 2012
Reply to nhkam
It's about time this got interesting!  The first 5 episodes were a lot of nothingness but finally something interesting.  Almost dropped this.  I'm now looking forward to the next episode.
@nhkam That's exactly how I felt. This really turned the notch up on a mediocre show. The fighting and powers used were great, the backstory is interesting (although feels a bit Harry Potterish) and now the MC actually has a purpose.
Sep 19, 2023 1:51 PM

Oct 2018
2nd consecutive episode with quite nice action. Keep it going. Tbh, the twist did come out nowhere.
Sep 20, 2023 12:06 PM
Nov 2016
what a plot twist! all of a sudden oliver's past history got revealed and his personality just changed. fight scene between miligan and duo was great. oliver using Doctor Strange's power against dairus was also cool. this series is getting more and more darker.
My Candies:
Sep 20, 2023 12:14 PM
Nov 2018
Both Oliver and Nano looked so cool in the fight. Good episode with a lot of action
Sep 21, 2023 7:05 AM
Dec 2022
This episode changed everything, holy shit. I'm locked in more than ever, what a twist!
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM
Isekai

Oct 2017
You dug your own graves, Vera.
Sep 24, 2023 11:54 AM
Aug 2018
The twist on the 2nd half aside, the 2 spellblades introduced this episode was portrayed really beautifully. The stylistic visual and sound effects are really used to bring out the epicness of the sure-kill moves.
Oct 4, 2023 9:55 PM
Jun 2012
Why'd my happy little witch academia turn into murder hobo run?
I liked the staff as introduced so far... Shame we're going to have to watch them kill la kill themselves.
Oct 9, 2023 6:06 AM
May 2021
What a plot twist man! Didn't expected this to turn out as revenge story. I am all in now, hoping for more seasons to come.
Oct 14, 2023 11:22 AM
Apr 2013
EP 6

Well uhm. Only took 6 eps, but we finally have most of an explanation. I'm not sure because it feels like the plot twist is too abrupt.
Otherwise uh...well I'm really not sure what to say.

Like we already knew and saw that the anime was going to be pretty dark and violent, but hmm.

I'm curious how things will go in the remaining eps, like this would normally be the halfway point in a 12 ep anime but eh?

But otherwise uhm, like we're 6 eps in, katie has had her time but chela has been a bit eh. While nanao has taken most of the screentime.

I'm assuming we'll see at least another one if not two spellblades by the end, but hmm. The other teachers might or might not have it, and things might not go so well next time.

Like, they did drop some hints about making too many enemies, and I was speculating it could happen, but if it really turns into oliver vs everyone im not sure.
Also the part where, is he going to be able to keep it a secret from this friends this entire time? Are the other three going to be more relevant now? This is getting really awkward, hmm.

EDIT: one thing I forgor to mention, I was kinda expecting hte teacher to say something important before he died but apparently not.

One thing I just noticed, it could be a total coincidence, but its funny that nanao is the nanatsu spellblade

One last thing, Im not an expert at japanese, but I think the japanese title makes more sense now that we know. Maybe?
CocoaGalaxyOct 14, 2023 2:37 PM
Oct 16, 2023 1:43 PM
Aug 2021
good guy don't seem so good anymore
Oct 23, 2023 1:45 AM
May 2020
Wow, that took a dark turn! I was not expecting that twist either. This anime really surprised me. What’s the coronation for? Wow!! What exactly is he a lord of? There are still many unanswered questions!!😙😙

I'm thinking they might have crammed the volumes into the anime, which could explain why it feels rushed. The character introductions also seem hurried and overwhelming, too much info at once. Great episode tho! Makes me feel super thrilled YIPPEY 😀😀😀😊😊😊

Katie was really annoying the first few episodes and constantly needs saving, which was really fucking annoying… I still can’t stand her. They need to get rid of her… ASAP!!!
Iriiss00Oct 23, 2023 11:04 AM
Oct 31, 2023 4:21 PM
Jan 2009
"Since the dawn of humanity society has consisted of 1% geniuses and 99% morons"

Love it.
Nov 26, 2023 1:00 AM

Dec 2020
Now that was unexpected I didn't expect him to suddenly kill the teacher and then bring out an entire cult, curious to see what happens next.
Nov 30, 2023 8:16 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Acradis
good guy don't seem so good anymore
@Acradis that's debatable :D
anti-hero is still good
Jan 15, 12:23 AM
May 2015
Lmao i thought the mc is just some another beta jap mc. Im glad i was wrong
Jan 22, 4:44 AM

Mar 2015
Wtf the school staff is filled with criminals. Or is it more complicated than it seems? Oliver is strong, but he could only use his spellblade twice.

Also, when will Nanao get her victory kiss man? At this point she could go behead a dragon and still not get it from Oliver.
Feb 3, 9:26 AM

Jun 2011
The show just got more interesting, glad we finally got the motivation/goal of the protagonist.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 4, 11:45 AM

Jun 2022
Non , Non , Non , Non , Non ... What A Joke . So , It's A Revenge Story Now .
Mar 19, 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
So these teachers really are shytty! Its a kill em all anime!!!!!
Mar 31, 12:55 PM
Aug 2023
Well, we'll see if Oliver gets more interesting after this twist or not, but he's going to have to crawl out of pit the show dug for him first. The show made the main characters so underdeveloped and unlikable that I've full on sided with the antagonists now. I wanted both Vera and Darius to win, and I've even started liking them despite how twisted/peculiar they were. I was actually disappointed when they lost as if a hero from another anime lost or got killed. It's kind of bizarre, on paper I should dislike Vera for being an extremist activist, but I find Katie even more unlikeable. It was just sad seeing Darius killed, like I watching Snape die.

I honestly don't care about Oliver's goals, so much so I want to see him lose or at least for his plans to get derailed. I don't like seeing he's got so much backup on top of being OP, what would make things interesting though is if his friends turn on him when they figure out his true identity and goals. I think that would be the most optimistic hope of mine, that this twist at the end of the episode makes Oliver into an interesting character, and things get shook up so his former friends are in conflict with him now. That would break up the tedious "the main characters are the designated good guys, and the antagonists are the designated bad guys" we've been seeing.
Apr 26, 1:57 PM

Dec 2022
What a twist. Basically all the staff at this academy are part of an evil killer cult then, and Oliver has been biding his time, waiting for the opportunity to strike them down throughout. My internal rating of this anime has already improved.

Spellblades are about as overpowered as a weapon can get. One of them can cleave through spacetime, and the other is capable of freezing time while visualising every possible outcome of a scenario.

Oliver's cousins teleporting into the scene again, mysteriously...

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.