Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 11, 2023 4:09 PM
Jan 2023
What a nice episode. It really made me want to watch the whole anime. And what a motivatoin, i always love a revenge sotry
Aug 11, 2023 4:36 PM

Oct 2017
EYYO REVENGEANCE ROUTE LETSGOOOOO
I dont know why, but why do I feel that oliver will not kill one from the six targets because the influence of his friends (because this is a shounen anime)
saipulipoelAug 11, 2023 4:40 PM

Aug 11, 2023 4:53 PM
Apr 2020
I also like how everyone pretending it came out of no where and completely ignore the first time Oliver saw Grenville

One he already knew who he was

And two for some reason he was on edge when thinking of his name.

Meaning Oliver from the start had something against him we just didn't know what it was
mmorazeAug 11, 2023 4:56 PM
Aug 11, 2023 5:36 PM

Mar 2010
mmoraze said:
I also like how everyone pretending it came out of no where and completely ignore the first time Oliver saw Grenville

One he already knew who he was

And two for some reason he was on edge when thinking of his name.

Meaning Oliver from the start had something against him we just didn't know what it was
Lets not forget all the secretive meetings eh was having with Teresa, where in one of them Oliver directly mentions he can't die until he's accomplished his goal lol
Aug 11, 2023 5:54 PM
Dec 2019
It was a big mistake to put vol 1 down despite not even reading halfway due to the reviews that it was mid. (The reviews were mixed though. Some giving high praises while others didn't understand the hype of the LN.)

After watching 6 episodes, I can finally understand the gem that is Reign of the Seven Spellblades.

Animation was okay. But I've got to praise the battle scenes. Camera movement gave it a sense of death, increasing the anticipation of the battle.

Pacing was kind of slow, but there's probably a good reason. Expected ep 6 to be quite unfulfilling like the previous episodes but it was banger!

All in all, give it a watch to ep 6 to decide if you're gonna drop it. Hope it changes your mind to stay.
Aug 11, 2023 6:15 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
About Katie, wish her good luck with Milligan by having no grudge at all so i can her getting along with her and then doing research or whatever the heck is going on with demihuman in the near future, as long as she find a good way to avoid getting dissect for real lmao

Not really expecting all the case with Milligan and Katie actually the damn trap to catch on those arrogant teacher who thinks himself superior and underestimate little foe like Oliver to spill the beans by himself and fought Oliver alone in the dungeon. But also oh shit they revealed the spellblades for the first time, not just for once but twice already with Oliver also owned it and also revealed the grand plot for this series, damn about time xd. Also, the Oliver cult, huh? Now that's answering why Oliver was so knowledgeable and wondering the reaction with the teachers gang after the death of Grenville.

No regret taking this on my summer watch list...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 11, 2023 6:28 PM

May 2015
Lol the adventures of Edgelord Potter
Aug 11, 2023 6:29 PM

Apr 2022
the sfx is good and the manga panel type scenes looked cool, eh but that's about it.
Aug 11, 2023 6:58 PM
Sep 2017
I really didn't expect that in this episode, very good. I hope it stays that way.
Aug 11, 2023 8:20 PM
Jan 2019
good plot turn , wasnt expecting him to have 1 of the 7 swords and all the betrayal thingys
Aug 11, 2023 8:35 PM
Nov 2017
Plot twist is great!!!
Aug 11, 2023 8:45 PM

May 2014
Now, this has to be show of the season. Granted, the competition isn't heavy so I wasn't expecting anything but by this episode there's an actual plot, there are actual characters, and it seems everyone has some hidden agenda that flows along the plot organically. 
Aug 11, 2023 8:51 PM

Jul 2019
Great Episode. This is a show I've been enjoying since I started, but hasn't necessarily blown me away, there was an intrigue that I liked, it made me want to learn more about its worldbuilding more so then the characters. But this episode really shined, both in the worldbuilding, and in getting me more emotionally invested in the characters then I was before. I loved that development at the end, we knew since the show started that there was something going on with Oliver, he seemed far more competent than the other first years, he had mysterious servants/guardian's following him around etc. And now we get to see where it all is leading, and what the story is going to be about going forward, and his character became way more fascinating.

Great stuff with Nanao as well, seeing her developed a new spell blade was awesome, and I am loving the interactions between Oliver and Katie, I low key ship them, I think they would make a cute couple, especially since she wouldn't typically be the type the main hero would get with, you would expect Oliver and Nanao to get together being the main Hero and Heroine, but I think Him and Katie have developed some great chemistry with each other these last few episodes.

Hoping we get more stuff with Pete soon too, he seems pretty interesting, though Guy and Michelle haven't really stood out to me, so maybe a little more development from them would be nice, though I wouldn't really be to upset at this point if they didn't have a larger role. But we will see what the show does with them, it could change my mind.

I don't typically pick up light novels, but this episode intrigued me enough, that if the rest of the season can follow through, I may actually check it out.
Aug 11, 2023 8:56 PM
Apr 2021
Here, comes the ruler of nighttime labyrinth 💯.
Aug 11, 2023 8:56 PM

Oct 2014
WTF
50 to 200 Real quick!
Aug 11, 2023 9:16 PM

Feb 2013
Milligan seems to not even take Oliver and Nanao seriously and still able to handle them easily in both magic & swordsmanship. Is Milligan just that good, or are the upperclassmen just that much superior to 1st and 2nd years?
Aug 11, 2023 9:28 PM

Mar 2021
This show continues to low-key impress. I like the production values, the action scenes have been really well directed, and the story is getting quite interesting. I can definitely see why people are enamored by the light novels, and I am glad that they seem to be generally happy with this adaptation.

I find myself looking forward to new episodes more and more. Definitely looking forward to new episodes and hoping for future seasons.
Aug 11, 2023 9:34 PM

Mar 2010
FiveOVER said:
Milligan seems to not even take Oliver and Nanao seriously and still able to handle them easily in both magic & swordsmanship. Is Milligan just that good, or are the upperclassmen just that much superior to 1st and 2nd years?
Yeah, upperclassmen are really that good. Its what 4 years at cutthroat place like Kimberly does to mf lol
Aug 11, 2023 9:38 PM

Jan 2020
Now we find out why Oliver was being such a pushover. It was basically all an act. I had a feeling that mask in the Opening belongs to him. I’m glad this twist happened because the “fake” Oliver was starting to piss me off.
Aug 11, 2023 9:48 PM

Mar 2013
I really love Katie's pure side BUT it seems like this adaptation made her resolve insignificant as they fast-forwarded or made the pace faster than it should naturally be. It was unnaturally faster. SMH. That was the first half.

The second half was also faster than it should be, and DARKER. While it looks like <MC> has achieved to acquire the 4th Spellblade skill which made the guy OP but it looks to be incomplete with a deadly recoil on his body, not OP anymore.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 11, 2023 10:00 PM

Feb 2013
Iron_Maw said:
FiveOVER said:
Yeah, upperclassmen are really that good. Its what 4 years at cutthroat place like Kimberly does to mf lol
If Oliver & Nanao are already so good now, I look forward to what they can do once they reach their 3rd or 4th year.
Aug 11, 2023 11:09 PM

Oct 2021
This is quite disappointing, we got two anime this week where it's supposed to be the "bad guys got what their deserves" episode and yet it's not satisfying at all for a different reason.

I hope Darius is merely a fodder because if all revenge will be like this then it won't be satisfying. But hey at least they are doing this for the sake of plot twist and I can see it works to some people. Personally tho, I blame the OP again for making it predictable.
EdgyLord666Aug 12, 2023 5:19 PM
Aug 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Nov 2018
Unlock special skill for Nanao (7th spellblades) and Oliver (4th spellblades)...
I can't wait the next episode...
Aug 11, 2023 11:23 PM
Aug 2018
This episode was great, loved the reveal, I was so excited and thinking a lot that I didn't notice the ending song had already finished. 
Aug 11, 2023 11:29 PM
Apr 2020
I haven’t read the manga for this, so I was not expecting the second half of the episode. Like excuse me what the fuck?
Aug 12, 2023 12:14 AM

Apr 2018
Nanao's just did a judgment cut to Miligan's hand.
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Aug 12, 2023 12:39 AM

Feb 2012
Pretty good episode, it for sure sold me better on the show and the MC in particular. I'm a sucker for a MC obsessed with revenge. 
Aug 12, 2023 2:02 AM
Aug 2023
Introducing the MAIN MAIN plot in ep 6 takes balls but they pulled it off and it is amazing. Auto recommend to anyone looking for a show full of intrigue with alive worldbuilding great animations and clear inspirations from the nasuverse done amazingly
Aug 12, 2023 2:21 AM
Jan 2021
Another wonderful episode from JC staff and finally they showed the episode that I was looking forward to the most.

looking forward to the next episode which will start from v2.
Aug 12, 2023 3:09 AM
Jan 2022
amazing so far. bruh i have to write more
Aug 12, 2023 4:21 AM

Jan 2016
I wonder why in particular MAL users have scored this so low? It's well received on reddit and other platforms. 

But oh well, who cares. I've been waiting for this episode to be adapted for so long and it did not disappoint! 
Aug 12, 2023 4:30 AM
Jan 2020
I take back everything I said, my apologies.
Aug 12, 2023 6:16 AM

Jun 2016
omg this episode is turn point to raise popularity this anime !!!

this anime give me vibes same like kage no jitsu ..

im so exciting for next episode !!
Aug 12, 2023 6:59 AM
Mar 2021
finally that's the darkness I've been waiting for
Aug 12, 2023 7:27 AM
Sep 2016
This should be made into a game, and not those BS idle, mobile, or deck building ones. A proper action game feaaturing the main casts as playables, single player with AI partners, as well as tactical combos (like the ones Nanao and Oliver did). Maybe with FF7R mechanics.

This show is trully what HP always wanted but failed to become (yes, I'm guilty as an HP hater).
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Aug 12, 2023 7:38 AM
Nov 2016
Very good ep with a nice twist and the animation was good
Aug 12, 2023 9:08 AM

Aug 2016
All I have to say, finally a good episode! It just became interesting!
Aug 12, 2023 9:22 AM

Oct 2010
Jackson1333 said:
Hoping we get more stuff with Pete soon too, he seems pretty interesting, though Guy and Michelle haven't really stood out to me, so maybe a little more development from them would be nice, though I wouldn't really be to upset at this point if they didn't have a larger role. But we will see what the show does with them, it could change my mind.
Next episode name can be dubbed as 'Pete' so you won't wait long.
Aug 12, 2023 9:29 AM

Oct 2010
Well. In LN Oliver's mother death is prologue chapter. Without much details but what happens next feels not as unexpected. For better or for worse.
Aug 12, 2023 11:04 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
Now this is becoming more interesting, I was mixed on this anime up until this point.
Now that episode 6 has revealed to us more about the background of Olivier's mother and how he's looking for revenge towards the people who hurt and killed his mother with the help of an entire group and his siblings, the twist came as a bit of a surprise. I have newfound hope in this, I really like its concept and I hope it only improves and continues to rise from this point on.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Aug 12, 2023 11:20 AM
Apr 2023
I knew Oliver is hiding something but I didn't expect that twist. amazing

sad this anime only last 13 episode, hopefully we get S2 announcement at the end of this season
Aug 12, 2023 1:01 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
This has to be the strongest episode for this series so far. I like the magic system, it felt like harry potter but with swords.

I thought it would just end with Nanao's power, but then they brought out Oliver's power and backstory.

We're on Oliver's revenge plot bois!
Aug 12, 2023 2:25 PM

Mar 2010
einstorage6691 said:

sad this anime only last 13 episode, hopefully we get S2 announcement at the end of this season
15 actually, since the last two episodes will be OVAs. But I hope so too.
Aug 12, 2023 2:49 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Iron_Maw said:
einstorage6691 said:

15 actually, since the last two episodes will be OVAs. But I hope so too.

Looks like this show would end at 1cour like most shows. I don't see OVA anywhere. Where did you see this?
Aug 12, 2023 2:50 PM

Jan 2019
Fucking hell, consider me hooked! This show just got exponentially more interesting.

Aug 12, 2023 3:08 PM

Aug 2015
Amazing twist! This anime is really cooking
Aug 12, 2023 3:11 PM
Jan 2022
How tf is this show not even rated a 7!? latest episode was really good, and am excited for more!
Aug 12, 2023 4:09 PM

Nov 2012
Well, that happened. Not sure if I'm a fan of this turn of events. I was watching for magic school not the anime version of Inigo Montoya. 
My name is Oliver. You killed my mother. You have to die.

Katie is one heckuva girl!
Aug 12, 2023 4:13 PM
May 2021
Why would you give a score this low to this anime? No way. I'm hyped af. They gave us something we wouldn't see coming from miles away.
Aug 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Aug 2015
wtf happened at the second half? I have no idea wtf was going on it's like the anime skipped 5 chapters of the LN or something
JokucAug 12, 2023 4:54 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.