Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2009 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, so this was another confusing episode after being somewhat clear from the last one. Maybe this show is meant to be watched with a week between maximum, because every episode, I feel really insecure about my knowledge, and build back up to security in knowing what's happening.

From what I understand, the secret that the movie star is actually kidnapped girls mother, but didn't we know that already? Maybe it was strongly inferred. Also, it seems that Yoriko went to meet the man with the white gloves. Isn't he the guy she said that she saw push Kanoko into the train? That was really stupid of her.

Mr. White Gloves is clearly creepy, wearing a blac trench coat in the middle of a sunny day like that, manages to trick Yoriko, and...well, I'll just presume that she's dead.

What I don't understand is why these guys wanted to hide these connections from Kiba. He is the detective, and was there for most of what happened, so I don't know why they wouldn't want to swap info.

To top it all off, Yoriko's mom is a believer in Onbako, which makes sense given the priest who came in to Yoriko's house after she met Kanoko blessed the four sides of the living room.

I feel like there is a clearer way to say everything, and the bouncing around/ never getting to see enough of a character at a time to make differentiations makes things extra murky.
Jan 26, 2009 3:09 PM
Dec 2007
Yeah, Yoriko just jumped into the wolf's maul ! Well, having its head inside a box for eternity isn't a bad way to end, or is it? This episode felt pretty clear to me, all the pieces are now put together, we just have to take some guesses and understand the logic of the killer, and everything seems at hand. Let's hope that the detective team will reach the solution soon ;)

Apart from the script, the animation and art are still top-notch and the music fits so well with the atmopshere of the show it's absolutely perfect. Really a fascinating series, I really love it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 26, 2009 3:42 PM

Aug 2008
I think I understand the logic of the killer. Wasn't that heavily parced in the past two episodes? When I say clear, I think I just mean that I understand what's going on, but if you ask me to explain clearly, everything is jumbled. Like with the killer, they've explained it, and I understand, but trying to explain it to you, my thoughts don't know what to process to come up with everything.
Jan 27, 2009 6:59 PM
Jan 2009
I'm really liking this series so far. It's very different from many anime I have seen before; I actually have to think lol....but I'm enjoying it. "Yeah, Yoriko just jumped into the wolf's maul !" lol yeah...she actually believed that the psycho-white-glove-man was going to draw her? Didn't she notice anything once she took one step into that cold and dark room? Ugh...anyway...yeah this series is interesting. The only problem I'm having is finding the rest of the episodes subbed; hopefully they'll come out soon.
Jan 30, 2009 4:16 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah, i really like the convoluted narrative this show has. I also feel like it would be less confusing if i just watched all the episodes in a row, and not once every 2 weeks.
Jan 31, 2009 10:08 PM

Nov 2007
even if we now know, or almost, about the killer of the cutting girls up case, there is still a lot we don't know. i would never be satisfied until i know the meaning behind that "when i die i become you" thing between the girls in the first ep, and the mental deal of the main character, and the history of the doctor and that "hospital" and what happened to the disappeared girl. i have a feeling the end of the story is when we find out weather that girl is alive dead, and where she is. but there is so much mystery with every character i just can't be satisfied until everything is told. i'm the most curios about the main character of course. he is the most likely to become crazy in the near future and do crazy things. i can't wait.
Feb 4, 2009 12:35 AM

Jun 2008
Wow wow wow *too excited* I love this anime so very much, it's just brilliant. And now many pieces are finally put together. Yoriko was pretty stupid for even following that man. Do you normally follow random men on the street who propose to draw you and stuff? I mean he has "suspicious" written all over him. Whatever happened to her now is her own fault.
That atmosphere is just something else, the artwork and background music are both stunning. I love LOVE this anime, can't wait for next episode *o*
Apr 1, 2010 4:16 AM

Apr 2009
noteDhero said:
I think I understand the logic of the killer. Wasn't that heavily parced in the past two episodes? When I say clear, I think I just mean that I understand what's going on, but if you ask me to explain clearly, everything is jumbled. Like with the killer, they've explained it, and I understand, but trying to explain it to you, my thoughts don't know what to process to come up with everything.

That's the perfect way to describe it, at least for me.

Althought the episode itself was very interesting, I couldn't help but facepalm when Yoriko willingly went to this guy's place. I understand she's desperate to find out about Kanako's whereabouts, but come on...
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 21, 2010 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
My god, that was intense in a weird kinda way.

Really loved this episode, 'specially the second half.
Jun 24, 2010 8:50 PM
May 2008
This episode did seem to make what I thought I knew a little hazy.

Also, for all of those crying that this series was too much plot, they've gotten there wish for a little action with this episode.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 13, 2010 5:11 PM

May 2008
It was amazing, I loved this episode. The little information I was able to stain off from the latest episodes now got a bit of meaning. So I understand the situation more now, though it's still hazy for me too.~
Aug 31, 2010 1:15 PM

Jul 2009
Yuck @ the Frankensteiner doctor experimenting with dogs' parts first... I'm a dog-lover, that really gets me.
...Not that the idea of chopping up girls and attaching them together isn't disturbing/gross/upsetting, also.

Interesting the man with white gloves describes himself as an artist in order to lure Yoriko in...

I was surprised to learn that Kanako was Youko's daughter, not her younger illegitimate half-sister... The rest of you must be very smart, if you had already drawn that conclusion!

I can't help but think the group of four detectives are keeping Kiba-san in the dark for his own good... He seems like too much of an asset to not be helping their case.

I absolutely love Eno-san, haha, he's terrible with names, but very straight-forward. Possibly clairvoyant...?

I'M ADDICTED TO THIS SERIES. o_o
Sep 1, 2010 9:18 AM

Feb 2009
First off, Yoriko is purely stupid. That said, this anime has a very interesting quality about it. At the end of each episode, I'm shocked when I see the credits. It doesn't feel like I've been watching a 23 minute episode. Every time I'm so focused on linking the information together and I'm so drowned in the atmosphere of the anime that I don't feel the time passing.

Jan 16, 2011 1:43 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode it looks like Yuzuki is probably dead now :(, but she was being a bit of an idiot. It does seem to make more sense after the last two episodes, it's great but obviously there is much more to explain.
Jan 16, 2011 4:47 PM

Dec 2008
Yuriko's gonna get box'ed
Also, Fai is that you?
Feb 2, 2011 7:17 PM

Nov 2009
Wow. This episode did it for me. I didn't like the series much before it. It answered so many questions and I got such a chill down my back when I saw the murderer put his hands on Yoriko's back. :S

What's with the chime heard from time to time as Kyougokudou is speaking to Sekiguchi and Eno? Random, or is it supposed to symbolize something? Hmm...
Apr 7, 2013 9:18 AM

May 2012
Bye Yuriko.
Awesome ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 24, 2013 5:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Dear Yuriko you're not very clever following a guy with gloves after all that's happened.

Kanako's sister is actually her mother, Yuriko's mother is also a cult member and now more things are falling into place.

Sekiguchi is still pretty weird in my estimation and might know more than I imagine.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 31, 2013 9:27 AM
Aug 2011
Yuriko dumbass. She's better off dead.
I liked how that one guy kept playing with the cat.
Honestly I would have done the same if I had to sit at a table listening to those guys talk all day,
Jan 20, 2014 2:26 AM

Sep 2012
The soundtrack was really amazing this episode.
May 27, 2015 2:10 AM

Feb 2015
Awesome.
I liked the ending scene.
Also, the Music was great.
A true man never dies.
Nov 8, 2015 6:09 PM

Jan 2013
Yuriko clearly didnt remember that she saw a guy in a black coat at the train station, or how strange it is for a random person to ask to draw you in his "room".
May 21, 2017 10:03 AM
Nov 2015
When Yuriko went into his room, the music playing was so soothing, dreamy, lovely. It wouldn't be this horrible and scary if they used "scary, ominous" music. I think the contrast is really nice.
It's just like in Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet, when murders are committed to the tune of gentle music
Dec 7, 2018 11:37 AM

Nov 2016
I had a good idea what was going at the beginning, but each passing episode is just adding more questions and makes it harder for me to believe in what I know.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 12, 2023 12:08 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, that's one huge tape recorder. Fast forward to 70 years later, and they are just an app on our phones. Amazing.
Interesting episode with revelations and clues about the killings & abduction.

All the victims have been dismembered alive. The motive is a mystery but probably related to that Frankenstein super soldier experiment they mentioned earlier.

Yoriko's mom is a member of Onbako's cult.
Oh, Youko Yuzuki is the mom. I thought she was the daughter of Kanako's grandpa.
Yoriko is about to become the fifth victim? Is the killer a Mouryou in human form? Hmm.
May 12, 3:36 AM

Aug 2019
The girl has completely forgotten about stranger danger.
Aug 8, 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
Yes girl follow the creepy stranger, nothing bad will happen, it's not like there's a mutilating killer around~
Expecting to see her severed limbs soon.

The dog-selling man and the mad doctor, those are two I'd love to see box'd.

So many fucking names ugh, hard to follow at 1 am

Oi @Takai from 2009! Long time no see. You really were enjoying this it seems.
RenaPsychoKillerAug 8, 4:10 PM

watching, waiting, commiserating

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DeathfireD - Jan 2, 2010

57 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 12 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 30, 2009

19 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 19, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 11 Discussion

Mikiyo - Jul 14, 2009

12 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 12, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 10 Discussion

Jacut - Jul 9, 2009

15 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 9, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Mouryou no Hako Episode 9 Discussion

hikky - Dec 24, 2008

20 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Aug 8, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.