Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 5, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, they still have the band theme gimmick even for the finale.

Giving Mitama the spotlight seemed like a gimmicky move as well but I suppose she represents the "God" status compared to other characters. This finale was just priceless in terms of comedy again. 
Jul 5, 2023 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
The Mitama Band is ready to rock to save Yukito and the children from the hands of Gaia and the CGI beast, and this is a chance to rise up against her...if Yukito would become her follower, and he abides by that order...by his own word lols, of course. But to put a direct hit on Gaia seems harder than most, and it leans on the children...and Atar to put a tearjerker into her followers' hearts and hopes that they can translate her powers onto Mitama, and that proposition is wacky lols to give some fanservice in trade for power. But it's power indeed to keep Yukito alive aside from Mitama's power targeting Gaia, and they have a perfect double team.

Even as Kai wants to kill Gaia, Cyan puts a stop to it, though Gaia regrets her life of being used by people, though she fervently took care of the orphaned children like a family once before, all's well that ends well. Yukito's agreement to Kai, is a crude one because he's just putting on airs that Kai has a crush on Cyan, and that the request is a genuine one since Cyan was the only one that didn't forsake her faith on Gaia. Sure enough, Mitama's 30k followers is part of Loki's plan, though Yukito doesn't plan to back down from her interference.

Yukito's Isekai-ed life is one that's changed from the inside-out, and he's definitely changed for the better.

A show that despite it being so late to finish, but I had genuine fun with it.
Jul 5, 2023 10:08 AM

Feb 2021
Atar's announcement was really like an idol's graduation lol.
22:05 Whoa this was creepy. I like this effect.
Aaand this marks the end of the anime where all the budget went into voice acting (like seriously, have you seen the seiyuus?) and the spring 2023 anime season!
This was the definition of unhinged. I'll forever remember the farming scene from episode 4. The visuals aside, the story was actually fairly interesting. I really enjoyed this more than I thought I would.
8/10

At the end it says 「つづく… ?」 - "to be continued... ?"

I heard there are some changes in the anime. I'm actually really tempted to read the manga now.
Jul 5, 2023 10:14 AM
Sep 2021
Nice season, better than what i expected the story, characters, premise were all interesting, hope it gets a s2 fast.
Jul 5, 2023 10:20 AM
Dec 2021
Amazing anime! Hope for season 2.
Jul 5, 2023 10:32 AM
Sep 2015
Studio Palette is only 5 years old and released only 3 anime but people are gonna remember its name from now on, from this anime.
Jul 5, 2023 10:34 AM

Oct 2017
They saved Yukito thanks to Atar transfering her followers to Mitama. Even Loki helped. The afterparty was nice, good to see everyone enjoying themselves. Even Gaia has joined them now.

I actually enjoyed this anime, the story was pretty good. Just wish the production was better. Don't know if it'll get a new season but hope it does.
Jul 5, 2023 10:36 AM
May 2022
i truly enjoyed it's been a long times since i enjoyed an Anime this much so much fun what a unique and goofy anime am sad it's ended it was so underrated but am glad it was peak 10/10
Jul 5, 2023 10:37 AM
Oct 2022
This is the funniest anime i have seen since konosuba season 1. This had good lore, AAA+ voice acting. Good use of budget. And god level shitposting.

KamiKatsu is a 9/10

Jul 5, 2023 10:45 AM
Mar 2021
tears in my eyes for all the wrong reasons😂
Jul 5, 2023 10:48 AM

Feb 2019
The last one cour show of spring 2023 finally ends and they saved the best for last 😢. Kamikatsu, depending on my mood was either my 2nd or 3rd fave show of the season. Loved every moment of this show. The setting, the characters, the waifus, it all just clicked for me.

The MC not being a wimp and playing 4D chess consistently was also a big plus. CGI sucked but the story was more than enough to make up for it.

Finale had a little bit of everything that makes Kamikatsu, well, Kamikatsu. The awful CGI Typhon fight, Dakini fanservice, a concert to fight a god, Mitama and Yukito banter and Atar’s ice cream addiction. Only thing I didn’t really like was letting Gaia join the village. I would’ve let Kai take her out, but oh well. Anime logic and all that. Plus I guess they need her for the eventual Loki fight.

Speaking of which, we really need a second season of this because it feels like the story only just getting going. There’s still archons out there and the mind games between Loki and Yukito are so fun.

Really going to miss this 😩
Marinate1016Jul 5, 2023 10:55 AM
Jul 5, 2023 10:55 AM

Dec 2010
If the animation didn't completely break down after around the halfway point, this anime would've been contender for best anime of the season. Too bad Studio Palette seems to be lacking in both funds and skilled animators. Even still, the shitposting levels were insane, so it was a really nice watch.
Jul 5, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
Marinate1016 said:
The last one cour show of spring 2023 finally ends and they saved the best for last 😢. Kamikatsu, depending on my mood was either my 2nd or 3rd fave show of the season. Loved every moment of this show. The setting, the characters, the waifus, it all just clicked for me.

The MC not being a wimp and playing 4D chess consistently was also a big plus. CGI sucked but the story was more than enough to make up for it.

Finale had a little bit of everything that makes Kamikatsu, well, Kamikatsu. The awful CGI Typhon fight, Dakini fanservice, a concert to fight a god, Mitama and Yukito banter and Atar’s ice cream addiction. Only thing I didn’t really like was letting Gaia join the village. I would’ve let Kai take her out, but oh well. Anime logic and all that. Plus I guess they need her for the eventual Loki fight.

Speaking of which, we really need a second season of this because it feels like the story only just getting going. There’s still archons out there and the mind games between Loki and Yukito are so fun.

you'll still have people crying how they edited certain parts of this anime even tho they pretty much pushed as far as they could for tv😂😂
Jul 5, 2023 11:05 AM
Oct 2008
I Wonder why during drinking at end we had second with strange music and red screen. All of this was dream? I hope that season 2 will be more crazy, CGI will be worse and we will see Harvester-sama again!
Jul 5, 2023 11:05 AM

Jun 2015
Epic stage and epic band. All's well that ends well. Could of maybe done with some screamo or cradle of filth but I guess it wasnt required to beat Gaia
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 5, 2023 11:09 AM

Jul 2021
And with this one, we end the spring 2023 season!
Jul 5, 2023 11:17 AM

May 2020
This is literally the definition of a series where YOU ARE JUST NOT ALLOWED to use your brain while watching.

From idol performances to bloody battles to rubbing clits... this finale had it all. Quite fitting I'd say, I mean it started absurd and ended absurd. Though partially incomplete, as we still didn't do anything against Loki in the end.

Anyways be it that way. Not sure if a season 2 will ever follow, but if it does, then they should continue with this "abnormal" direction.. with CGI monsters intact lol.
Jul 5, 2023 11:24 AM

Sep 2007
I love this episode and this anime. Fantastic finale. Great show, amazing cast.
I want another season of this so very much
Jul 5, 2023 11:44 AM

Sep 2021
They really made use of the break they took. Those final 2 episodes were amazing!
The battle with Raia was epic, the "Idol Retirement" of Atar was just one of many hillarious jokes and Cyan forgiving Gaia was such a heartwarming conclusion. A finale once again showing of in how many categories this show succeeds.

For my final thoughts of this show: I was very hesitant to pick this up. With an Ecchi Tag and the Fanservice designs of some characters, I didn't expect much from this show.
But I'm really, really glad I still went for it!

Now where do I start... this show was mostly known for not holding back. Between 8-bit segments, cringy CGI and the most daring fanserivce, it really wasn't something you see every day. But aside from that, it also provided great comedy, an interesting plot with really good world-building and emotional backstories. And it somehow managed to have all of that feel fluent!

And the characters are awesome too! Mitama is such a hillarious god. But not even she comes close to how cool Yukito is! Being a male main character, he's really not my usual kind of favorite, but he is so well-written! I love how he has his "evil" and unhinged side, but also geniuenly cares about his friends. And his sarcasm alligns so well with his backstory.

Also, I have to mention, I never expected I would ever enjoy fanservice in an anime. But it fits the characters so well and Dakini's Arc around the sexual desires and fighting over the followers with every possible gimmick was super funny.

I rarely see a show that manages to put so much together. Haveing Ecchi-ish fanservice, a unique supernatural setting, hillarious comedy and somehow the perfect cast of characters for all of it in every single episode is quite something. Plus it feels like a lot of effort and love into this project. Coming up with the CGI and 8-bit, plus either using ending and opening as well-placed OSTs or with a new cutscene every week, that's quite some work and thought put into this.

It really was a fun ride! I hope they will keep animating this in another season! 9/10!
Jul 5, 2023 11:50 AM
Mar 2023
Poor Kai, he ended up playing Yukito's pawn without even knowing it, but at least they'll be able to keep Gaia at bay thanks to that. By the way, here in the anime when Loki appears to congratulate him and says yes, he gave believers to Mitama to have more power and be able to beat Gaia, it doesn't happen in the manga, but later at the party they put on to think about how he got so many followers and Yukito states that Loki must have been in the audience and made it possible. If I recommend that you go see the manga :). See you in the distant future if season 2 comes out.
Jul 5, 2023 11:57 AM

Feb 2018
Looks like for the time being they've managed to protect everyone.
Was a bit surprised that they even let Gaia back into their group, but I guess that's what this anime is.
Overall I would say that apart from the varying degree of animation quality, this was just an anime I would describe as "dumb fun", and even if it didn't hit the mark most of the time it was still watchable.
Jul 5, 2023 11:59 AM
Oct 2014
Marinate1016 said:

the fact I didn't realize the hand was IN the swimsuit untill thus post
Jul 5, 2023 12:08 PM

May 2016
you gotta be shitting me. i was looking forward to the million follower battle vs loki. got cucked hard
Jul 5, 2023 12:37 PM

Mar 2010
THe gals are hawt and it was stupid fun, but if it wasn't for dakini I think it would have been a huge flop for me or in general.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 5, 2023 1:01 PM

Dec 2018
the characters are enjoyable but i'm honestly just a bit put off by how unnecessarily lewd the show was. some might like that, but i don't.
Jul 5, 2023 1:03 PM
Mar 2020
Was good anime, waiting for second season!
Jul 5, 2023 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
The good kind of shitshow

6,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2023 1:07 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
EVERYONE TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES AND HAVE SEX

This show fkin' slaps. What a great episode to end the Spring 2023 season. Season 2, onegai.

8.4/10

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jul 5, 2023 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Fanservice finale lol
Jul 5, 2023 1:25 PM

Feb 2022
So it marks the end of spring 2023 .... nice anime hoping for S2
Jul 5, 2023 1:30 PM

Dec 2018
Michele99 said:
StateofOhayo said:
the characters are enjoyable but i'm honestly just a bit put off by how unnecessarily lewd the show was. some might like that, but i don't.
unnecessary is your shit opinion
i mean if you disagree that's fine but i don't think you have to get mad about it.
Jul 5, 2023 2:04 PM
Jun 2021
The anime was good in some episodes I enjoyed it and I laughed a lot

and in other episodes it is different from the previous episodes, but it was a really good anime 7/10 in my opinion

Also the voice actors were amazing really amazing
Jul 5, 2023 2:45 PM

Jul 2014
Loved the OP for this episode. Of course they would include Roy driving the tractor lmao.

Riche fondling more than just Dakini's boob was something... damn.

It seems that Atar was graduating idol-style from being a god without having read the fine print xD. She was one of my favorites, I really liked Aoi Yuuki voicing her.

The handjob scene from the first episode also came back haha. I loved Alural too, Hanakana with another best girl.

Best best girl is Bertrand though. Amazing how she started as a man xD.

Anyway, Kamikatsu was definitely the biggest surprise of the season for me. It was insane, weird, random, horny, hilarious and super fun to watch. The animation could have been better but there were certain things that added to its charm. And the cast...man, what a great cast! A show I'm going to miss and wish it would get a second season.
Jul 5, 2023 3:09 PM

Dec 2013
I'm going to miss these goofballs, you could always clearly tell the studio ran into a lot of problems with the production but at the same time you can also tell they were really trying their best so you can't get mad at them, hopefully they keep learning and improving. Kai, Gaia and Cyan managed to get their happy ending too but that was super ominous for that quick second when everything turned red and with Loki smiling at the end, I hope we get a Season 2.
It was also rather cute how Gaijyu showed up twice in the credits, the face that sold me on this show.
KanameYuukiJul 5, 2023 3:28 PM
Jul 5, 2023 3:32 PM

Jul 2020
one of the most hilarious shows I've watched, loved every episode
Jul 5, 2023 3:53 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
im gonna miss Mitama so much lol

Loki was pretty simp worthy too despite the voice lol

i just wish the art wasn't shit much of the time
EcchiGodMamsterJul 5, 2023 4:00 PM
Jul 5, 2023 4:45 PM
Oct 2019
not the biggest fan of the final few episodes. the prcticing for the concert a few episodes bck was dumb. and this final monster/god and their "children" was kinda meh

but overall it was a really interesting show. certainly much more interesting than this year's season of everyone's darling (demon slayer)

i don't think i actually care about the mc, but mitama, roy, and sometimes lady knight man are pretty entertaining

6.5/10 worthy. not good enough for a "good" rating, but certainly better than "average", too. also, i'll never understand why they didn't just trap atar and loki in that king's hall room once they figured out loki's plan, since that room blocked the archon's powers...
Jul 5, 2023 4:54 PM
Mar 2021
Great anime, i hope they will make 2nd season. I want to see how the story will go and i want to see more adventures with those great and funny characters
Jul 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Dec 2022
man that was amazing
I hope we get a second season
Jul 5, 2023 5:36 PM

Dec 2022
Great and funny final episode!
Jul 5, 2023 5:42 PM

Apr 2022
dropped it after a few mins of the first episode but decided to catch up last week and it was better than i initially thought. the fanservice is pretty much all i cared about tho.
Jul 5, 2023 6:00 PM
Aug 2018
Man, what a fun shit post of a show, lmao.
Them using the tractor scene in the OP just freaking explains a lot.
Second half got a bit less interesting, imo but still somehow enjoyed it lol.
7/10.
Jul 5, 2023 6:25 PM

Mar 2008
Lost it with Riche promising Atar will be "servicing" her fans which I got right away then they show her with a damn banana in her mouth rofl

Dakini sure isn't shy being handled by Riche in front of such a wide audience. Heh

Oh come on Yukito give Mitama a break. I guess he's holding off beleiving in her because he still wants to be sure she will not abandon him or do something against his wishes so he needs something to bargain with.

I loved this series. It better get a second season. It's just too funny and wild not to. I guess it's all down to money though but because their absurd eyesore censorship that may actually play in their favour to increase blueray sales helping another season happen.

StateofOhayo said:

I'd say it is necessary because it helps build a feel for what kind of setting it is and you couldn't have characters like Dakini with her powers of in the same way without lewdness nor could you have the arc with her cult either. It would be a completely different show and fairly generic feeling aside from the plot being somewhat unique. Though if you meant Roy id kind of agree he can be a bit too off putting how much they made him overly creepy gross acting but even that is needed to set his behavior appart from the other characters casualness and innocent fascination with sex and some of the gags revolving around him were pretty funny id say.
Jul 5, 2023 7:22 PM

Jul 2019
And with this, comes an official end to my spring 2023, goodbye, we shared lots of great memories.

Honestly ,I'm not sure how I feel about this show, I think I'm going to have to wait till the bluray comes out, and see if they improve on anything before, I give it an official rating.
Jul 5, 2023 7:33 PM

Jul 2019

How is that ok, but this needs to be censored? Does the bra come loose? Do we need to wait for the bluray??? lol

Jul 5, 2023 8:09 PM

Mar 2019
Another Trash Isekai that ended (?)... 

But at least this one, was Fun.

A second season wouldnt be a bad idea...

Or maybe the MITAMA IDOL spinoff... 
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 5, 2023 8:50 PM

Jan 2020
It's over, no it can't be, dame da! zen zen dame daaaaaaaaaa!
Jul 5, 2023 9:02 PM

Feb 2021
fr though wtf did I just watch lmao, I had this on my plan to watch for months and was so exited to see it airing only to have my expectations obliterated. I guess it was kinda fun though lol
Jul 5, 2023 9:47 PM
Aug 2021
Like watching a passenger-loaded trainwreck in slow-motion.

The animation wasn't even the worst part, it was the editing pacing that was absolutely terrible

Still, I really enjoyed this dumpster fire quite a lot. It was hilarious at points despite of... no, because of its flaws. It has the charm of a fanmade Flash animation on Newgrounds circa 2006.

Loved the way it was so unhinged and uncompromising, even when dealing with such scarce production resources. This show looks like it was entirely brute-forced to completion and I can only applaud the studio for actually pushing through, even going to the lengths of saying: "fuck it, just use a filter over some tractor stock footage and track a png face on it"

LOVE IT.

That consistency of low-budget problem-solving actually played to its advantage, surprisingly.

Regardless of how incredibly tone-stupid it was, it actually had some interesting plot devices, like the multi-deity system being exploitable by the transfering of followers, as long as they are conscripted into Mitama Camp. They way that was implemented was genuinely brilliant and it could being about some pretty clever strategic scenarios in the future, especially since they now have 4 godesses on their side (now three? I wonder if Atar truly lost her God status or if it was a temporary deal like in the past. Would be a shame if permanent since she was an actual powerhouse of an asset in this deity battle royale).

Also, it is quite refreshing to see a shounen-style boss-of-the-week battle format in which the power-ups come from an external, political/religious source rather than some overdone BS training arc. It effectively makes all battles a two-front chess match where the goal is too sneakily steal followers from each other to tip the scales in their favor. Except the chessboard is actually a tower of Jenga and some of the pieces are actually landmines. That makes all the manipulative and downright dishonest practices stand out postively, and actually makes the isekai/tensei element relevant for once. There's nothing more frustrating about a show in those genres than it being used solely as an introductory excuse and immediately forgetting about it.

Protagonist-kun is evil and he isn't afraid to show it. In the battle against Gods, anything goes. ANYTHING.

Anyways, I had a terrible time watching this and I am glad I did.
AnimaticideJul 5, 2023 10:41 PM
Jul 5, 2023 9:50 PM

Sep 2015
Damn, this was such a fun watch, everything was over the top, I liked the randomness and the pacing xDDD. The lewd scenes were just so great!

I didn't mind the CGI as well, since they were all intentional, and for humour purposes.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2023

72 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 5, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2023

121 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 5, 2:30 AM

» what chapter does this get up in the manga

Darkrazor22 - Aug 2

7 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

116 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 3, 5:47 AM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

58 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 21, 2:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.