Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 26, 2023 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Sorrimura carrying these latest episodes with that personality of his although I admit he didnt get as much as spotlight before.

They went for a finale battle type of episode, which kinda works but felt idk...off. On the other hand, at least a handful of characters got screen time. Second cour airs October 2023. 
Jun 26, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Polka's real identity is exposed as the Fire Safety people surely knows who he is, but just that the Corpse God could not make any sense of what or who is watching him.

As Xiaoyu fends off the Phantom Solitaire Ten'a Sorimura questioning his intents, the latter thinks that he can get out of this issue no problem, but the former is perceptive and Ten'a finds himself trying to distract Xiaoyu from the real objective. But with the surprise arrival of Lemmings, Sorimura's desperation to escape wears on his face, and as much as Lemmings is controlled by Rozan Shinoyama, Xiaoyu could not make two heads about the situation, though his games with the Phantom Solitaire are more than enough. AS the Shinjuku Police group of Tsubaki captures the caller (which is a schoolgirl) for interrogation, the Corpse God is left wondering what's going on, and at the very least, to get a hold and control of the situation first.

On the other side of the land, while there are the Corpse God's ministers of Izliz and Romelka thinking of the Corpse God and how would the nice boy's have been elsewhere, it's anything but pleasant, as the Corpse God has identified both the schoolgirl and Sorimura's objective of recalling the old Empire's emblem for their nefarious plans. To that affect, the Corpse God using the Invisible Hands from his Netherworld Overflow Temple, and try as best as the Phantom Solitaire tries to escape, the surroundings are all under its control to restrain whoever knows of his real self.

The images go out, spreading like wildfire, and everyone is alerted to the commotion.

See you in October for Part 2, things are about to get more interesting...that for now, is kinda lackluster.
KANLen09Jun 26, 2023 9:39 AM
Jun 26, 2023 8:44 AM

Apr 2020
Ludger and Genocide Jack's bizarre adventure.
Reverse isekai Grim reaper skeleton dude is an interesting concept but after ep.1 this show went downhill for me mainly because the characters are just ok at best.
The below average animation also didn't help.
I just hope part 2 improves on the cool concept because right now it feels like wasted potential.
5/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 26, 2023 9:04 AM

Feb 2021
Solitaire is simply the best
The soundrack is so epic whenever Lemmings appears
Corpse God using the spirits of the dead is badass, but why are the hands visible? Did he mess up somehow?
Misaki is a mood
I enjoyed this much more than I expected. I didn't read/watch anything else made by the author, but I heard his other works are good too. The OP and ED were very good too.
8/10
Now we wait for October for part 2!
Jun 26, 2023 9:18 AM
Sep 2021
The supernatural element sold me to this show, a lot of mysteries keeping on piling up but S2 will give answers to it seems.
Jun 26, 2023 9:22 AM

Jul 2020
I feel like there's way too many characters for such a short show (I am aware there's gonna be a 2nd cour but still). At times it gets too confusing and hard to keep track on what's happening with all these random characters popping out. Also, -1 point for the fucking uncalled-for, completely out of place, annoying chibi scenes. overall, 6/10 so far, let's watch the second cour...
Jun 26, 2023 9:27 AM

Oct 2017
Holy shit those hands, are those gloom hands bro? Is beating Polka gonna summon phantom ganon?

The mystery intensifies and once again we are left without any answers. This entire cour seemed like a big build up and I hope we get our answers in the upcoming cour in fall. Looking forward to it.
Jun 26, 2023 9:29 AM

Feb 2019
Ok I’m ngl the first few episodes of this we’re great. Really loved the reverse isekai gimmick. Once they revealed it was more time travel/reincarnation than reverse isekai, it started to fall off for me. I feel like there were way too many characters in this and it’s hard to keep track of all the little plot lines.

It’s not bad, it’s just not as great as it was for that first half of the show. It’s also hard to properly evaluate this because there’s another half coming that will surely answer a lot of questions I have. This cour felt like a set up for the next cour, so I’m excited for that.
Jun 26, 2023 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
The human characters in this anime are all "super powered"  and cheesy.  Anime started out good and fizzled out towards the end. bummer.
Jun 26, 2023 9:46 AM

Sep 2008
Had may more fun with this anime than I expected, now I'm hooked, hope October comes faster
first Eminence in shadows, now this, what's up with animes embracing the cringe and being good because of it XD
Being a fan is likeο»Ώ having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jun 26, 2023 10:05 AM

Jan 2008
This show is literally the 'random bullshit go' meme. 

First episode was pretty interesting, definitely hooked many. Everything after slowly went downhill. Honestly couldn't believe it at first that this was written by the same author as Durarara and Baccano.
Jun 26, 2023 10:07 AM
Oct 2016
Polka expanding his power has drawn in new enemies. His dream of a quiet peaceful life is narrowing even more now. I suppose that's unavoidable in this world if you want to protect what's closest to you them a peaceful life is impossible. Polka values those around him very much and will do anything to keep them safe. That's been a running theme since he was first brought over this our world. Great finale to leave us wanting more with the next cour. Solitaire, Lemmings and Xiaoyu having a three way standoff on the roof was exciting. Solitaire desperately trying to wiggle away was funny. He didn't want anything to do with Lemmings, not that I blame him. Lemmings going after Solitaire was kinda surprising but I suppose he was being a nuisance. A very dramatic escape once Polka made those hands stretch out using his power. I liked the cool idea of Polka creating that temple expanding around the building and encapsulating that space under his protection. Polka getting that weird call from Fire Breathing Bug saying something that sounded familiar to him. Which caused him to put his guard up and protect this building he's made home. I liked the flashback seeing his master describe Polka as someone who gived their all for those he cares about and will protect his home no matter what. His latest action though has caught some attention that he will have to deal with in the second cour come October!
80/100
Jun 26, 2023 10:10 AM
May 2021
ugh! What a place to end the season, DO NOT LIKE!
Jun 26, 2023 10:11 AM
Oct 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Ok I’m ngl the first few episodes of this we’re great. Really loved the reverse isekai gimmick. Once they revealed it was more time travel/reincarnation than reverse isekai, it started to fall off for me. I feel like there were way too many characters in this and it’s hard to keep track of all the little plot lines.

It’s not bad, it’s just not as great as it was for that first half of the show. It’s also hard to properly evaluate this because there’s another half coming that will surely answer a lot of questions I have. This cour felt like a set up for the next cour, so I’m excited for that.
It's not time travel actually, the grocer just speculating that the emblem might be from old europe
Jun 26, 2023 10:12 AM

Dec 2022
its getting exiting everyone is making their own move and we know something big is coming and is there two fire breathing bugs or what i liked the ed also an actual vampire
anyway now to wait for part 2
Jun 26, 2023 10:25 AM
Sep 2015
I can't wait til October, I want next episode tomorrow, no, now!
Jun 26, 2023 10:31 AM

Oct 2022
This season was good with great openings/ending and other soundtracks.
The concept was also new instead of the mc, the necromancer gets reincarnated.

Hope this show get's even better in the next season.
Jun 26, 2023 10:58 AM
Dec 2022
phantomfandom said:
I can't wait til October, I want next episode tomorrow so I can nut!

Ayo wtf bro is wild
Jun 26, 2023 11:28 AM

Feb 2021
dang looks like its not being received great I thought it was pretty awesome imo wasn't exactly difficult to follow along either solid 8/10 cant wait for season 2 :)
Jun 26, 2023 11:32 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi sets things in motion by intervening in the fight between Lemmings and Solitaire All kinds of creatures are listening including persons from the old empire Shit will began to happen next season.
Meanwhile Teacher thinks whistfully about her former apprentice while the new one who sounds like the woman Polka was killed by chimes in
Jun 26, 2023 11:46 AM

Nov 2013
Dark horse of the season for me. Fun and entertaining. Sure, there are asspulls here and their (especially with Solitaire) but IMO it doesn't ruing the overall experience. Will definitely watch more in October. 
Jun 26, 2023 11:48 AM
May 2021
Well this finale was kinda off and not felt like a finale at all πŸ˜‚. They left all major mysteries and plot points for next season. Soundtracks in overall anime were fire though, especially of Lemmings πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Jun 26, 2023 12:21 PM
Oct 2010
Seeing the Corpse God step up and do his best to protect his home was kinda cool and the implied consequences of his actions in terms of being discovered by the shadowy cabal are intriguing, but it's not enough to spark interest for a second season for me.

The season started out strong and it still had some moments along the way, but it started tanking appeal to me when they introduced two of the most tropeish and annoying characters whose names I can't even be bothered to remember, the Idiot Illusionist and the Brat Bodyguard. My engagement would have risen enough to watch the next cour if they'd spiked either of them into a fine paste, but nope, they both survived to annoy another day and the only thing that was accomplished was drawing even MORE attention. 

Well at least he managed to catch one of the Bug bodies, so I suppose it wasn't a total loss in terms of potential information moving forward. Still Meh/10
Jun 26, 2023 12:35 PM

Apr 2022
Funny how something can be simultaneously full of death and adorable. The fights and sharks are cool, but the rest makes it mid. I am interested in the rest of the story, though. See you in October.
Jun 26, 2023 1:11 PM
Dec 2021
fantastic, its great that there is a sequel.
Jun 26, 2023 1:13 PM
May 2023
Honestly, this show is a lot of fun. The mystery runs deep and the characters are interesting. It's not the best animated, but it looks nice enough.

It was personally one of my favorites from the season.
Jun 26, 2023 1:23 PM
Nov 2019
I hope they build on the concept more  in S2
Jun 26, 2023 1:25 PM
Oct 2021
…wait that was the ENDING well shit i’ll see you in october i guess
Jun 26, 2023 1:37 PM

Jun 2021
How......How did it end just like that without having an actual real fight at the last episode. Thank god 2nd season is coming in October, I was like yeah you better give us 2nd season with that ending.

And one thing I absolutely hate about this anime is how all the characters in this anime thinks they are some kind of big shots, seriously all of them having this fantasy is just too much. And the only one who thinks he is a loser, is the MC himself !

Who is that sister they showed in the last scene? She also smiled like she is powerful of something, in this anime some asshole characters like this (other than lemmings, MC and some others) have fake intuitions and think very highly of themselves. Just read the room dumb characters you are seeing power of the corpse god, at least show a little sign of surprise or scared but they are illiterates so they can't read.
Yandere_@lover
Jun 26, 2023 2:09 PM
Nov 2016
Anyone knows what manga chapter this episode ends? Kinda itching for the mystery here..
Jun 26, 2023 2:12 PM

Jun 2021
MegamiRem said:
Holy shit those hands, are those gloom hands bro? Is beating Polka gonna summon phantom ganon?

I don't think so bro, Polka is the new Naruto. They don't need to beat him they will just talk things out with him to avoid his infinite hands justu.

Vooo said:
The human characters in this anime are all "super powered"  and cheesy.
Agreed

Dukino said:
Solitaire, Lemmings and Xiaoyu having a three way standoff on the roof was exciting.
Yes it was exciting.

BenchNaldo said:
phantomfandom said:
I can't wait til October, I want next episode tomorrow so I can nut!

Ayo wtf bro is wild

I also want to nut, to that sexy teacher..... She gives me the vibe of the magician from ancient magus Bride, his female version.
Yandere_@lover
Jun 26, 2023 2:27 PM
Apr 2023
cant wait for season 2
Jun 26, 2023 2:30 PM

Apr 2022
OP_Rider said:
BenchNaldo said:

Ayo wtf bro is wild

I also want to nut, to that sexy teacher..... She gives me the vibe of the magician from ancient magus Bride, his female version.

My brother in christ, thou shalt chill your scrotum
felixsifuriJun 26, 2023 2:42 PM
Jun 26, 2023 2:51 PM

Dec 2012
MAL score is a fucking joke. This anime is so underrated
LOL I absolutely love the misunderstandings of Solitaire and Xiaoyu

Jun 26, 2023 3:03 PM

May 2018
Those unseen hands were very cool. Onwards to season 2 :)

6/10
Jun 26, 2023 3:18 PM

Feb 2011
I wanted misaki to get more screen time, what a snack UNFF

good show tho, 7/10

Jun 26, 2023 3:35 PM
Apr 2023
estuvo bueno espero algo mas com un 2da temporada
Jun 26, 2023 3:37 PM

Apr 2008
This show was mostly average, but this episode got me somewhat excited for the next season. You can feel Ryohgo's signature intertwining chaos. The non-Solitaire characters are weak and it is pretty random, but it's fun.
Jun 26, 2023 3:50 PM

Aug 2018
First episodes where good, middle was kinda "Meh". Last episode was interesting enough to check out the second season in October.

Solid 6/10
Jun 26, 2023 4:44 PM

Sep 2018
I really enjoyed this, seems like it got pretty mixed reactions, I'm genuinely surprised it's this low scored.

Fun mystery, a lot of power struggle, pretty cool supernatural elements, not that difficult to follow.

I am a sucker for this type of anime though. 8/10.
Jun 26, 2023 4:46 PM
Aug 2020
it was really good this episode, i want to know more...

can't wait for the part 2...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 26, 2023 5:08 PM
Apr 2014
didn't answer a lot of questions, but left me begging for more. Probably won't last until October.
Jun 26, 2023 5:13 PM

Feb 2020
That was pretty good...Hit the spot. All sort of crazy characters and deep lore which is usual narita work. My only complaint would be it was a bit to fast to introduce characters. Tena Sorimura reminds me of gentle criminal from MHA...i really like that character. Can't wait for next part.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 26, 2023 5:36 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
so like... why not Misaki for 2 episodes?
Jun 26, 2023 5:57 PM

Apr 2020
The kind of anime you can watch the first episode and ignore the rest.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 26, 2023 6:30 PM

Jan 2021
Definitely a setup season, though cour 2 (season 2, whatever you wanna call it) is coming this October. There's more questions than answers, so I hope we get some this fall. It seems like the Phantom Solitaire is the one who is gonna keep getting all of these people in the same place, though I hope Polka and Co. don't become the target's of literally everybody (that's what it seems like right now)

Jun 26, 2023 6:35 PM

Feb 2014
Sorimura was funny through and through! Also the scene with Izliz and Romelka talking about Corpse God was nice. It ends in such a cliffhanger though.

Jun 26, 2023 9:52 PM

Sep 2021
I love how Sorimura is just as confused as I am with this.

At first, I thought this show was just bad. Edgy Corpse God, psycho girl and plot holes. I was on the verge of dropping it. However, this show did change a lot. For the better - I guess?

Because currently, this is just one hell of a mess! It's impossible to keep track of all the plot strings and characters. In the same manner, the genres are kind of all over the place. Mystery, Fantasy, Comedy, Suspense, Psychological, Supernatural, Ecchi-ish fanservice... This show throws everything in there.

For the positive: It is intriguing. I actually care about where the plot goes and the characters, although hard to keep track of, are interesting too. Arase and Iwa are probably my favorites - I wish there was more on their perspective. Sorimura is quite refreshing too! Most genres, especially Mystery and Suspense, are well executed. I even enjoy a big part of the comedy.

Unfortunatly, this show has many problems, even aside from it's terrible start and the flood of genres and characters mentioned above.
The line of magic is incredibly blurry. If I remember correctly, Sorimura's dream is to find actual magic in this world. While performing various supernatural acts himself!
Misaki has a lot of potential. But they made her so ugly with the psycho girl stereotype, I still can't put up with her.
The plot is not only a mess, but also too fast. Especially the Shinoyama family arc felt very rushed.
While part of the "genre mess", I want to highlight how bad the timing for comedy was sometimes. It ruined many scenes, like the girl's shower in EP 10.

And while this might sound very negative, I actually enjoyed the second half of the season and believe this has potential. I might take a look at the manga. Perhaps there I can get a grasp on everything.
For now, it's 4/10 overall, but the last two episodes we're actually 6.5/10s and I expect Part 2 to keep this up.
Jun 26, 2023 10:49 PM
Jul 2021
What an episode! High-octane action mixed with compelling story development. My only gripe would be Misaki basically forgotten by the writers for the past few episodes. Looking forward to part 2/season 2!
Jun 26, 2023 11:23 PM

Feb 2021
Still love the magician that always make me hilarious XD

Can't wait to next season :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

176 by fenderis »»
Sep 9, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

49 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 27, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

90 by Shadoweminence-8 »»
Aug 21, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

54 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

56 by spicarie »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.