Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2023 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, they really launched an investigation for a lost piece of model that apparently got stolen. What an episode. 

Then again, otaku characters have to protect their property so it's understandable. 
Jun 16, 2023 11:01 AM

Feb 2020
The HG 1/144 Mobile Warrior Gongem 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Clear Version is missing!

Oh crap! x3

Elda is just too funny and precious. <3

Poor Koito, haha.

This show never fails to amuse me. I'm sad this'll be over soon. :(

P.S. Hilarious reactions again.

SerafosJun 16, 2023 12:48 PM
Jun 16, 2023 11:42 AM

Apr 2016
Oh no, the Tokugawa gundam model got missing, somebody do something ... Aaand it was Koito who did it, BUT, the real culprit of this mystery is believe or not, in fact no other than our Elda herself!

And you know, for this being kind of a shrine anime, there is actually really not that many festival episodes, is there.
Jun 16, 2023 12:03 PM

Feb 2019
😩 losing a rare gundam figure like that would have me breaking down too. Investigation and trial of koito was hilarious.

Only one more episode left man 😩
Jun 16, 2023 12:09 PM

Nov 2021
Seems to be a bit of foreshadowing when Elda remembered something about last time when Gramps was shooting the arrows. I assume the same thing happened. It's both painful and a bit sad to see Elda get ptsd every time she remembers something from the past. Hope this gets another season after the last episode as i'll miss this show
Jun 16, 2023 12:28 PM

Mar 2021
Love that they had a full criminal investigation after Elda's Toy Figure went missing, really love this show I hope we get a second season
Jun 16, 2023 12:43 PM
Jan 2017
CuteAndFunny said:
Seems to be a bit of foreshadowing when Elda remembered something about last time when Gramps was shooting the arrows. I assume the same thing happened. It's both painful and a bit sad to see Elda get ptsd every time she remembers something from the past. Hope this gets another season after the last episode as i'll miss this show
oh it's just elda trying to avoid to mentioned koito mom was the one who's doing the archery, elda always trying to deviate the subject from sad stuff or just straight ignore it.
when koito giving back the Betamax tape, elda suddenly act silly with her trying to carry koito for celebration
when koito wearing furisode and elda whisper "don't grow up too fast" but when koito ask her what she just said, she deviate the subject about her allowance
or when koito ask her to met shimada old lady she would just straight ignore koito.

Jun 16, 2023 12:49 PM
Feb 2022
good show good me like
Jun 16, 2023 2:57 PM

Dec 2013
Now I wonder if that day he missed the shot because it was when Koito's mom passed away, there was certainly a reaction from Elda when remembering what happened, only one episode left, I don't want the comfiness to end : (
Jun 16, 2023 4:49 PM
Jul 2014
elda is right episode 34 is a pretty damn good one
Jun 16, 2023 6:19 PM
Nov 2022
Was it just me who had trouble repeating Yumimimi? hahaha great EP.
Jun 16, 2023 7:59 PM
Jan 2017
Otaku elf has been a funny, sweet trip. Glad I watched. And I am happy that next episode they are going out with a TWANG !
Jun 16, 2023 8:00 PM

Feb 2019
I guess Komo-chan didn't think it through when she announced in front of the adults that she was bored and did that whole detective & trial thing just to kill time lol She ended up being put to work by those two lol

I guess next week's finale is the festival. I wonder if Koito will end up hitting the bullseye...
Jun 16, 2023 9:36 PM

Apr 2021
Elda worrying about her figure is so relatable
Jun 17, 2023 12:59 AM

Jul 2017
Well, a rare Gundam model got stolen, and Elda is throwing a tantrum about it...seems genuine! And since Koito brought Koma along, it's time for her to play Detective...because she's bored, and that Elda is VERY distressed about her lost figure. It's interesting how the animation is set is like a novel text adventure, while the recluse of an elf and the mikos play along in the investigation...which Elda highly suspects Koito based on her figure of speech, and sure enough, Koma pinpointed Koito...because she broke her model on the last episode where they tidied up Elda's room. The figure, all wrapped in Scotch tape, that's not how you do it Koito! Even Akane and Kudo were joined to the the jury, but they proved the perpetrator's innocence and pinned it all on Elda because of her untidiness. Nonetheless, a crime is a crime commiitted, and Elda presents her otakudom binge to Koito as a severe punishment. What a waste of time for Koma lols.

The Yumimimi Festival in Tsukishima, it's Elda's first, but she already has to do all of the things, including the Oyumi ritual on the boat, which the latter is fearful of, and when she fell into the water, the divine harvest comes in fruition. It's like Elda is fish bait for the bountiful harvest, which isn't wrong in layman's terms for blessngs. Elda may be a blessing, but for all she's done, it's a good joke and all, and Koito wanting to experience archery with her, comes at a sudden time when her Gramps is injured while preparing for the ritual, but which his recovery would coincide with the Festival, which is to be held the week after.

Elda: No more headshots!
Koito: Wishful thinking for next week!

Can't wait to see the finale, this show has been surprisingly good for a somewhat niche subject.
Jun 17, 2023 1:40 AM

Mar 2015
Deja vu? I swear I saw this episode already? Or maybe it was the manga that I read
Jun 17, 2023 2:29 AM
Sep 2021
Nice Japanese history info and a festival is coming, lot's to look forward to
Jun 17, 2023 10:01 AM
Apr 2023
I got to learn how civil security was maintained during the Edo period.
Regarding the ritual they are discussing which was held 10 years prior, I suppose the archer at that time was Koito's mother. Maybe Elda withheld that info so Koito will not get sad again, like at that time Koito saw her mom in an old betamax film.

Hopefully we get a backstory in the finale on what really happened with her mom. I suppose Koito was very young and still not legible to be a miko, so temple was left without one for quite a while (they had to perform the Yumimimi festival rituals using short-cut version ones due to the shrine being miko-less).
Jun 17, 2023 10:11 AM

Jan 2021
The moral of this whole episode:

Elda lost her HG 1/144 Mobile Warrior Gongem 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Clear Version but Koito had it all this time since she stepped on it by accident and broke it. They decide to have a court over it and the punishment is that Koito needs to watch all episodes of that anime. There's a festival. Koito & Elda are shooting bows.
Jun 17, 2023 3:31 PM

Mar 2008
Lol Komo-chan having a little too much fun playing detective.

KanameYuuki said:
Now I wonder if that day he missed the shot because it was when Koito's mom passed away, there was certainly a reaction from Elda when remembering what happened, only one episode left, I don't want the comfiness to end : (
or worse. What if she was killed by a stray arrow? Though thats probably not it. Too morbid lol
Jun 17, 2023 6:30 PM

Feb 2021
Not the HG 1/144 Gongem Anniversary special edition clear version!! It turns out Koito did break it and kept it hidden from Elda. Trying to fix it is admirable, but to come forth is the correct move. 

Elda doesn't correct Koito on who was doing the archery 10 years ago because she doesn't want to remind her about her mom. Elda acts silly and goofy all the time, she's bad at lying and hiding anything, but when she is serious she doesn't even show it. 

One more episode left, huh. Damn, I'm gonna miss this show. 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jun 17, 2023 9:16 PM
Mar 2022
pretty sure this has been my favorite yet episode. all the prior character building was just a build up for this masterpiece of an episode.
Jun 18, 2023 3:27 AM

Nov 2013
I bet Koito's mom was an excellent archer given Elda's reaction.
Jun 18, 2023 5:12 PM

May 2019
So Koma got more screen-time in this episode because she had time to kill so she became Detective Koma. The culprit of the crime was Koito (and to an extent Elda too for being messy) but the real crime was putting scotch tape all over the figurine!

Anyways, there is prep work for a festival coming up and, as others have mentioned, Elda did not correct Koito when Koito thought it was her grandpa that fired the arrows 10 years ago. I remembered a couple of scenes, one where Elda murmured to herself something like "don't grow up too fast Koito" when Elda tried on the trench coat (Koito didn't hear that) and another when they both went into a highrise building to view Mt. Fuji at sunrise and Elda gave Koito a bittersweet look. I'm not sure if that will be further addressed in the finale but it gives this SoL series a more serious and kind of sad undertone.
Jun 20, 2023 12:55 AM
Sep 2018
Very fun episode, particularly the one with Detective Koma-chan! Loved that part very much as a fan of detective fiction (not to mention, Elda continuously mentioning her Gongem model without fail never fails to be funny).

Just one more episode left before we say goodbye to Koito and Elda and it seems that it'll be about the Yumimimi Festival teased in this episode. Can't wait for that, though I'm definitely gonna miss this show.
Jun 20, 2023 4:52 AM
Oct 2014
post anime depression is already sinking in big time already for some seasonals that I've completed and haven't even completed yet this being one of them , this show will have given us 12 straight weeks of back to back Kawaii Otaku Elf Fluff and I want another 12 more it would even go for a 3rd season!!
Jun 24, 2023 11:13 PM

Oct 2017
The HG 1/144 Mobile Warrior Gongem 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Clear Version is missing, lol. That made me crack. Koma chan with the case, she just wanted some fun. Poor Koito though.

Yumimimi festival for the finale and Koito gotta do the archery, this'll be amusing.
Jun 25, 2023 11:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nooo the elf's gundam figure :( At least the miko has been forced to watch the whole show lmao.

And now I guess she'll really have to learn how to shoot arrows xD
Jul 3, 2023 12:47 AM
Jun 2013
vong10 said:
Deja vu? I swear I saw this episode already? Or maybe it was the manga that I read
Well, the English language version of Otaku Elf volume 5 (that has the festival story) was released stateside around the time the series started. So yeah, the story would be fairly fresh in your mind if you had just read the new volume. 
Jul 11, 2023 4:27 AM
May 2020
They have winked at Detective Conan. Quiet episode. Wishing to see the end.
Sep 24, 2023 11:18 AM

Oct 2022
Headshot into Elda falling into the water has to make for an absolutely incredible haul, but we wouldn't want that to happen... would we?
Jul 25, 3:24 PM

Aug 2019
my hands are shakin' my hands are shakin but im still shooting and im still getting the head shot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

37 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Oct 13, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 25, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

25 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 25, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2023

31 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 20, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Edomae Elf Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2023

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 20, 9:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.