Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yuri is My Job
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2023 7:56 AM

Mar 2020
Another backstory... this time around I liked it more than the Hime/Yano backstory a bit more, but man, my liking for Kanoko sinks with each passing episode, though I do have a bit more respect for Hime now, since she used her facade to stick up for someone instead of for her self-serving purposes.
Jun 1, 2023 7:57 AM

Feb 2020
Interesting backstory for Kanoko and Hime.

I like Kanako's character more and more. :)

SerafosJun 1, 2023 8:48 AM
Jun 1, 2023 8:03 AM

Mar 2021
Interesting episode with the backstory of how Hime and Kanoko first met
Jun 1, 2023 8:15 AM

Feb 2019
Finally got Kanoko and Hime backstory. Hime loves going for social outcasts who don’t really fit in at school and making them fall in love with her lmao
Jun 1, 2023 8:27 AM
Sep 2021
We get Kanoko and Hime's backstory how their friendship has grown and why kanoko has fallen in love for hime etc.. Let's see where it goes.
Jun 1, 2023 8:47 AM

Oct 2014
The story is fine. Expected (ofc), but fine.
I was busy trying to pick up the bgm to check if Kanoko has a leitmotif or not, but I think I was wishing too much lol
Jun 1, 2023 8:56 AM

Jul 2020
the whole episode was the backstory of an irrelevant crazy bitch. I'd say it was the worst episode so far
Jun 1, 2023 9:00 AM

Dec 2020
Now we know how Kanoko and Hime-chan meet each other was a ok episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 1, 2023 9:18 AM

May 2019
It was an ok episode and yes Kanoko is disturbingly obsessive over Hime. I think Sumika has a legitimate concern since I think Kanoko would "let it all burn" if Hime "broke up" with her. I doubt Hime knows how obsessive Kanoko is over her.
Jun 1, 2023 10:14 AM

Apr 2021
a whole backstory episode for my least favorite character. Her quiet obsession creeps me out, she feels so unstable and I fear she could go mental every second. 
Jun 1, 2023 11:05 AM

Jan 2022
Hmm, interesting, a fully flashback episode, at least it's less intense than the last episode, the story was somewhat nice, I don't have much hate to say about it, but I don't think it makes me accept more Kanoko as being a crazy bitch that's way too obsessed with Hime, but we will need to see how it'll wrap up in the next episode. I'm still excited to see what will happens in the next episode however !
I like everything, ok
Jun 1, 2023 12:05 PM
Aug 2017
Yeah backstory time for my least favourite character!

Actually I didn't mind at all and I really liked that episode. There's something about this type of anime in which the less I like a character, the more I enjoy their presence.

So I had completely forgotten about this part in the manga and I wasn't disappointed at all. I like to see how Hime, while being the main character has come to be quite far from being its protagonist. As for the backstory itself it's classic but I like the toxic twist that this anime does so often, like Kanoko being some sort of yandere fits very well in my opinion.

This anime talks about how toxic love can be and how good feelings can bring harm to those around and I really like it for it.
Salmon is really the fish of all time.
Jun 1, 2023 1:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I think Kanoko’s backstory definitely a sweet one and her love for Hime makes sense now, it doesn’t really justify the obsessiveness tho of course. And it was also a good showing of Hime’s good qualities outside of her facade, that was a pro play when she saved Kanoko not once, but twice regarding her destroying the canvas. As for Kanoko herself, she’s kinda how I expected her to be before becoming friends with Hime. I did think destroying the canvas was a dumb move, especially when she already made it but I get the sentiment, and thankfully she came around big time once Hime shined some light on her life. I also really loved her hairstyle at the time, reminds me of Ayumi from Corpse Party.

Only issue is tho, she needs to get over her issues in the present regarding Hime, she hasn’t done anything bad yet but I think she might giving how Sumika has provoked her, and I have an idea on how Sumika might handle the situation but I’ll wait patiently for now. And once again, no matter how reckless Kanoko gets, I gotta defend my blue waifus lol, she already has a lot of people hating her looks like so I gotta die on this hill I suppose lol.
TheColonel76Jun 1, 2023 1:54 PM
Jun 1, 2023 1:38 PM

Nov 2017
Serial killer vibes episode 😇😇😇

If she doesn't kill Mitsuki or Sumika next week, I'll be super surprised
Jun 1, 2023 3:11 PM
Feb 2015
Hime fucked herself over by doing the selfie with Kanako and that she can look at the pic whenever to make her feel comfortable because it ended up breeding the psycho yandere Kanako that she has become today.
I wonder how they're gonna break that addiction of her's because honest to God, it's a very unhealthy obsession she has and if say Hime in the long future is gonna marry her dream come true rich man, I'm pretty sure it's gonna end with a murder.
It's nice they gave light into how Kanako has become the way that she is but somebody please do something about her, at this rate she's gonna grow up to become one of those mental asylum patients.

Tho funnily enough, the whole premise of this show does really evoke well to when people say leave your personal life out of your work life because this tension can end up ruining that workplace, which it presumably had done before in the past.
Jun 1, 2023 3:21 PM
Oct 2021
absolutely loved this episode! this season has been such a change of pace from the previous. i’m loving it
Jun 1, 2023 5:57 PM

Sep 2021
Hime is more of an angel than she knows! Her facade is good, but her personality is even better - makes all the introvert girls fall for her.

Unfortunatly, Kanoko still has a screw loose. If only she could truly learn from Hime, she could live a very happy life.

Anyway, I loved the backstory! This show might actually have the best chrarater writing of the entire season!
Jun 1, 2023 7:29 PM

Sep 2018
Oh joy, another fucking episode which has Kanoko in the limelight, we learn more about her past and a deeper understanding of her mindset, desperately trying to squeeze a drop of sympathy out of it's viewers, as if I give a shit about this yandere clown who's ruining this show lol...

Haven't seen a drop in quality between former and latter halves, since maybe Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul.
Jun 1, 2023 7:32 PM

Sep 2018
Inexplicable said:
the whole episode was the backstory of an irrelevant crazy bitch. I'd say it was the worst episode so far
100%, good lord. Preach.
Jun 1, 2023 8:23 PM

Sep 2022
Hime having to help Kanoko lie her way out of the mess that Kanoko made for herself, seems as though Hime has found a partner in crime.

I agree with Kanoko that Hime having to show her true emotions is better than the fake facade personality that Hime puts up for herself when around other people.
Jun 1, 2023 8:39 PM

Jul 2012
The show really has picked up in this second arc imo. I feel bad for those who dropped after 3 eps.I know some people don't like the Kanako backstory, but I feel like it's needed. She's an unlikeable character, but I like the drama she adds.
Jun 2, 2023 2:50 AM

Oct 2007
so this is the "yurification" of Kanoko.

well, she's lucky to have met Hime.
Jun 2, 2023 7:20 AM

Feb 2021
We finally get to see Kanoko's backstory, the very reason why she is very possessive of Hime. Like any other unpopular anime character, she hates normies and for her case, I don't think it's justifiable. Her classmates were simply having fun together and doing Kanoko a favor by including her in. People like her usually get left out. Yeah they were a bit pushy and maybe shouldn't use the "everyone has done their part but you so at least do this" card, but I think they were being very sincere. 

What Kanoko criticizes Hime for, she's also guilty of. She doesn't like hanging out with those people yet she does what they ask of her. That's what Hime has been doing. Truly the case of the pot calling the kettle black. It's a good thing to speak your mind, but there's time and place for it. Adapting like Hime, telling lies and putting up a facade is the correct move to play most of the time. Just don't let the people you have been lying to find out tho. It's scary how used Hime is to lying and people buy her lies all the time because of her facade. You can call her a hypocrite and a liar all you want, but it's people like Hime that's thriving. 

I'm a little disappointed we don't get the continuation of Sumika and Kanoko's argument. I guess Kanoko's backstory is necessary for when she is confronted with her creepiness. 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jun 2, 2023 9:05 AM

Oct 2018
Kanoko is too much obsecionnal with Hime... i can't appreciate her... it could be cute but it's like to have a girlfriend too much jealous and you can't go out if she is not Ok lol
Jun 2, 2023 9:35 AM

Mar 2008
I dislike Kanoko so much that I was hoping this series would go full gore and get her killed off. Her type of character isn't endearing. It's creepy.
Jun 2, 2023 6:34 PM
Apr 2022
a backstory of how a quiet kid turned into a yuri yandere
Jun 3, 2023 12:57 AM

Jul 2017
Kanoko's backstory of the classmate that befriended Hime, only to turn into a yandere, it all started back in middle school where she was the outcast, and out of the group, Hime was the good and nurtured kid out of them all, being a class favourite. From a class-wide made video to their homeroom teacher getting married, her perception of Hime gets better as the days pass despite her thinking that the "good kid" will tell on her. The class event that Kanoko forced on herself to complete without any back hunch, it's Hime that tries to tell her what's right and wrong, but she just would not listen. The breaking moment when the class message was badly tattered by her, and she tries not to keep mum about it, but Hime coming to her rescue and lying to her face, it's just the temporary reclusion to ease the class's worries. The actual realization that Hime was carrying her own façade act, and her trying to understand Hime's intention on wanting to pour her heart out, it's the way she's wired after her episode with Mitsuki before, barring that the latter could not defend herself, and ended up hating Hime for life.

That's where her story with Hime starts, and thinking back then, it would've been for the better now that Kanoko even has a façade to boot, and that is where her obssession with Hime also started, as her special someone.

What twisted logic, but honestly, if not for Hime, Kanoko would not turn out the way she is today.
Jun 3, 2023 10:58 AM

Jun 2016
to be honest this episode actually not looking bad at all !!
Jun 3, 2023 1:09 PM
Mar 2018
The story of those two becoming friends made way more sense than I thought it would.
Jun 3, 2023 3:52 PM
Aug 2021
I really, really, really dislike Kanoko lol
Jun 4, 2023 1:53 AM

Jan 2023
It was... okay I guess.
I'll admit I prefered when the story was focused on Yano/Hime rather than Kanoko.
It was still interesting to get to know why she got so attached to Hime.
Hope the last few episodes will bring us back, at least a little bit, to Hime/Yano.
Jun 5, 2023 5:18 AM
Sep 2014
Anyone know the BGM at the end of ep 9, when Hime and Kanoko on the rooftop
Jun 5, 2023 10:03 PM

Oct 2010
This episode we got to learn that not only is Kanoko a sociopath NOW, but she always was a Sociopath. Hating her classmates for being happy people even though they were nice to her the whole time. It was kinda framed as the "I used to be bullied" backstory, but the only one who did horrible things was Kanoko herself. She needs serious therapy.
DarttheLegendJun 5, 2023 10:06 PM
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Jun 6, 2023 1:26 PM

Aug 2008
Kanako is so…scary lol
Jun 6, 2023 1:30 PM
Sep 2021
Another good episode. Kanoko's backstory was given a lot more time to breathe than I was expecting, I thought this would be covered in half an episode but I think this was a good call. I guess this is also needed to make the Blume arc come to an end on epsiode 12.

I try not to talk too much about the story here because I already know what happens next but personally, I think Kanoko gets a lot more flack from fans of the series than is really necessary. She likes Hime, she's terrible at expressing it but she's not the malicious psychopath that some people make her out to be.
DavidArcherJun 6, 2023 1:33 PM
Jun 6, 2023 3:07 PM

Jul 2016
Was I supposed to feel empathy for Kanoko after this episode? Because I kinda hate her even more now. Those were like the nicest classmates a teenager could ask for and she still acted like she was being tormented by them 24/7 smh.
Jun 8, 2023 4:50 AM

Mar 2018
omgg another filler episode, its ok to show how they met and etc.. but the intire episode its too much
Jun 8, 2023 11:04 AM
Apr 2013
EP 9

So looks like its kanoko flashback time? hmmm. in this case im not even sure though

Aaand yeah, flashback took up the entire episode. kindna weird i guess, though a bit strange. but what can i say

The last two eps started straight into the op, but well. would be funny if the next ep was entirely sumika flashback (uhhh), but like. It doesnt quite feel that way but who knows.
Really strange feeling right now, but well, this whole anime was kinda like that, or at least the first 6 eps were really massive cring train, the 2nd half, really hard to say.
Obviously sumika and kanoko are going to need some kind of way to work out whatever issues they have, but its weird because hime isnt like directly aware (that she's at the center of it)
Kanoko is definitely like a LEETLE too attached to hime though, but not sure exactly what can be done about that.
Jun 9, 2023 6:25 PM

Mar 2008
I don't really like Kanoko but I don't really hate her either and don't find her actions as off putting as some of the rest of viewers , it's her attitude I take issue with but it's not unrelatable entirely. She just is an introvert with low self esteem that doesnt like how more extroverted people carelessly inconvenience people like her. 

In this episode they demonstrated her taking photos of Hime all the time is just derived from her being reliant on seeing Hime to stand up for herself while putting on a façad and kind of doing exactly what Hime told her to do just she has taken it to a more extreme because she is all she has. It's not exactly like she is obsessed with Hime because that's how she is inherently, just she has no one else to give her attention and no one else gives her attention except when they want something from her so she doesn't have balance.  If Sumika actually was to befriend Kanoko that would have helped her but instead she made things worse by just using her and disrespecting her feelings and blackmailing her. I find Sumika currently the most selfish in her actions even above Kanoko's desire to isolate Hime from having real relationships with other people though we havent had her backstory yet just glimpses of what her motives are.  Had she not done that she may have even been able to connect with other people at work too but now she knows she's just a tool to others except Hime, at least that's how she sees it. 

Hime actually is looking a lot better now since from her backstory with Kanoko we see her true motive is to live an easier life, as contradictory as that may seem from how much effort she has to put in all the time and all the drama this has caused her.  She actually seems like an actually caring person even though she bullshits people all the time. 
Jun 20, 2023 4:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Backstory for Kanoko and her relationship with Hime hm, I believe after this it makes sense that she's so attached to her, she just need to get rid of her mindset she already had because of her school life now
Jun 20, 2023 12:36 PM

Aug 2021
what a wack ass backstory holy shit kanako is so unlikable and a fkn dumbass
oh u hate those type of people who fucking put effort into building even a semblence of a community? ure literally not even getting bullied howd u develop such an insane outlook on everything, u just sit there judging everybody else around u, unable to look into a mirror, u choose to be alone, u choose to let them "take up space" whatever the fuck that means
and everybody around u was literally trying to bring u in through this this class wide thing, and u just hating asshole
im pissed because there are legitimate reasons for why people might end up hating everybody else, even if that misguided, but in many cases its understandable
i really hope manga was more fleshed out, cuz from the anime, shes just innately an asshole, for no reason, and she dares to take up the persona of a victim or something
arghh shes ruining an anime i really enjoyed the first half of
elgatosaikaJun 20, 2023 12:47 PM
Jul 15, 2023 8:26 AM
Sep 2014

Here, does anyone know the OST in this video?
Jul 15, 2023 7:10 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh that's the story where Kanoko become a creep, something awakened inside her and its thanks to Hime, same with Yano side, i guess. Lmao what kind of drama was that xd. The naivety of Kanoko really kickings in with all of her story like that. No wonder she's being that possessive and can be aggressive too depends on the situation because of her nature already like that from the child.

Poor Hime, the facade master. Stay in act 24/7 but when she needs a rest, the places were just full of an eccentric one. Grade school, Hime found a good kid with so honest nature to the point its shot them both in the foot. In the middle school, Hime found the same good kid with a very silent nature but can be deadly which surely needs to be taken care of very respectful otherwise it can bit since she sure can be dangerous xd. Now the high school time arrive with both people meet each other with all the hate surrounded over those sketchy rp cafe.

I wish a good luck for the next episode, especially to Hime inner peace, since she really needs it, really.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 16, 2023 7:13 AM

Dec 2018
A whole fucking episode revolving around a heterosexual wedding

Anime!! NOOO! I want LESBIANS! Girl on girl

There are a million other ways they could choose to do a backstory. Like they did with Hime and Mitsuki. I enjoyed that one. But this was horrible 

Anime that force-feeds me with heterosexuality now has 1/10 

Nov 27, 2023 10:26 PM

Dec 2022
Kanoko has that mean streak in her. Her eyes when she left the restaurant being told to back off of Hime is very telling. My biggest concern is that Hime told her to vent more, and for someone who is a bit troubled and disillusioned, may sound like an order rather than a suggestion.
Dec 9, 2023 9:46 AM
Apr 2023
It's always the quiet kid, huh?
Jun 8, 3:31 PM
Nov 2022
I've been loving the relationship between Hime and Kanoko. Idk why, it just feels more believable than so many best friend relationships I see in animé

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2023

62 by Delphantasist »»
Jun 13, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 8, 2023

40 by Delphantasist »»
Jun 8, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 8 Discussion

Marinate1016 - May 25, 2023

43 by Delphantasist »»
Jun 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 12, 2023

29 by Delphantasist »»
May 31, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 20, 2023

62 by Delphantasist »»
May 30, 1:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.