Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Kinda interesting how this show explores different cultures and the way humans interacts with other races, in particular with dwarves this time.

I have to admit, Ainz often thinks outside of the box when dealing with problems not in his country. Good to also see more of Shalltear, especially in combat gear.
Aug 2, 2022 7:26 AM

Feb 2021
More set-up for what's to come, I'm curious to see what Ains will do about the dwarves and their kingdom.

Also not sure what Albedo meant to Demiurge when she said that Ains is losing his trust on him.
Aug 2, 2022 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
Yay, Demiurge is back, and his attention-seeking fidelity loyalty to Ainz never ends. And that got shut down by Albedo real hard in the time that he's gone missing.

Ainz going to the Dwarven Kingdom Feo Raidho and trying to create a friendly relationship of a diplomatic visit, and this is lead by Lizard Man Zenberu who's adept at the relations. And there's Cocytus being jealous out of loyalty...and him taking Shalltear's servant seat is so funny to watch for a punishment lols, missed that in Season 2/3.

Nevertheless, we really never got to see much of Shalltear's true power in proceeding seasons, and a surge of that shown way back in Season 1 with Ainz's otherworldly thoughts. The pursuit towards the Dwarven Kingdom with a rest stop in-between, and the journey's not long, though it's definitely suspicious of its change of landscape.

Gondo Firebeard certainly is a Dwarven citizen providing critical info for Ainz, and listening to his requests, it's certainly what Ainz was looking for, and he would support those aligning with his view. Most certainly, Shalltear in action is a very missed feature from prior seasons, and I'm glad to have her do some order work.

The Quagoa are real trouble towards the dwarves, and let's see how Ainz and Co. deals with that.
Aug 2, 2022 7:29 AM
Jan 2019
Finally Shalltear got a sceentime, can't wait for the amazing plan from Ainz sama!
Aug 2, 2022 7:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I got a good laugh at Ainz suddenly creating a massive fortress for his force to spend the night in.

For the life of me I cannot remember when Ainz sat on Shalltear?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 2, 2022 7:41 AM
Oct 2019
I love how Ainz thinking why Jircniv suddenly surrender? Is it because of Demiurge? lol

It's so good to see Shalltear in Battle Armor again.

Now who is Lord Riyuro?
Aug 2, 2022 8:00 AM
Mar 2019
Finally, Shalltear is back.
Aug 2, 2022 8:06 AM

Oct 2017
As usual Albedo and Demiurge making too much out of what Ains does. Shalltear's actions were quite funny. Also time to save the dwarves.
Aug 2, 2022 8:15 AM

Mar 2020
Farabeuf said:
I got a good laugh at Ainz suddenly creating a massive fortress for his force to spend the night in.

For the life of me I cannot remember when Ainz sat on Shalltear?
It was in season 2 when they were plotting to invade the lizardman village
Aug 2, 2022 8:39 AM

Jun 2021
Demiurge and his plans, man lol. Every time he plans something, Ainz finds himself in another awkward situation lol. Albedo isn’t helping either! Ainz isn’t a tactical genius, he’s just a skelly goofball! Lol.

But man what a great episode. So many good moments. I likedCocytus doing his best Shalltear impression lmao. I fear this is unlocking some weird kink in the big man haha. Shalltear better watch out! She’ll lose her position as Ainz’s official chair lol.

Also Ainz in the lizardman village was pretty funny. Ainz: “I’m not gonna steal your kid”. Also Ainz: “if there were more I’d totally want one”. Dude, this is why people don’t trust you! Lol.

Gondo seems like a cool dude. I’m glad he’s joined the team. Let’s just hope nothing happens to the guy. Anyways, It’s interesting to see that players from 200 years ago basically destroyed runecrafting. I wonder how the world might have been had human players not appeared 200 years ago.

Anyways, Quagoa are like Gnolls huh? They really weren’t a match for Shalltear. She’s done well this episode, Ainz should reward her by sitting on her haha. But looks like things are gonna be rough for the Dwarven Kingdom. Let’s hope Ainz saves them in time and secures new allies.
Aug 2, 2022 8:42 AM

Jul 2009
Best chair competition is now open!
Both Aura and Shalltear were cute this episode.
Demiurge: SASUGA AINZ-SAMA INTENSIFIES
Aug 2, 2022 9:15 AM

Jun 2016
even with a lot bullshit since episode 1 this always interesting !!
Aug 2, 2022 9:34 AM

Feb 2019
This adaptation has just been great so far. Complete opposite of the You-Zitsu season we’ve got.

I love how they’re taking their time and working through the political and strategic moves. So important for what’s to come in overlord. Really like how you can see how nice a guy ainz really is on the inside via his internal monologue. Really wants to create friendly relations with the dwarves and other nations.

Shalltear’s look on her face when asked if she was Ainz’s master had me dying.
Aug 2, 2022 9:35 AM

Dec 2020
Looks like the dwarves kingdom is an interesting one and with shalltear back on the road she eazy captured them all.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 2, 2022 9:46 AM

May 2020
Arinsu~

So good to have Shalltear back, like was missing her right from the start of this season. Also I see she hasn't lost even a speck of that old flair of her, though too bad Ainz didn't have her as a seat this time around lol.

Can sense a painful death incoming for these demi-humans.
Aug 2, 2022 11:13 AM
Apr 2018
Who'll be the best seat for AINZ-sama?
Aug 2, 2022 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
Im only a little bit squeeing for this eps. I liked it. But theres no story to be had when one side dominates another and there isint even the slighest bit intrigue. Bless Shalltear, being the most powerful of guardians, but the plot of this episode seems to be leading to next episode being them porting to the dwarf citadel and her just using her beast powers to capture any volume of them.

Still, I have faith in Overlord. Im sure something wild will happen to make it a bit more interesting!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 2, 2022 12:06 PM

Apr 2018
It's great to see Demiurge again, love his loyalty towards Ainz. He's a really interesting and fun dude and seems like he'll be working with Albedo for this part. Ainz is busy dealing with the Dwarves kingdom. There so many hilarious and good moments in this episode. Can't forget Cocytus being Cocytus. He really asked whose ass was better.. It's great to see Shalltear back with her "arinsu". Well, she's stepping up her game after only doing side missions. Next moment is definitly Ainz pulling up a whole building outta nowhere and lastly the Dwarve calling Ainz a monster.
We're probably going to see some good action against that one Lord, forgot his name.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 2, 2022 12:50 PM

Sep 2013
Madhouse delivers.
Looked good and shalltear being best girl.
Aug 2, 2022 12:56 PM

Jul 2017
Good episode, not the best episode because of art inconsistency, I still loved Cocytus chair moment.
Aug 2, 2022 1:03 PM
Feb 2021
They changed the voice actor for Zenberu?
Aug 2, 2022 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
one of the best episodes yet, a lot was going on. Felt like major progress.

This EP should be called "The Rise of Runecraft(tm)"
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 2, 2022 1:49 PM

May 2021
Best episode so far; not only does it have another big move being played, Shalltear develops a bit and actually thinks on the orders given to her. I wish we had seen at least a bit of how her thought process went.

Aug 2, 2022 2:09 PM
May 2020
the gang tryna establish good connections with the dwarf kingdom dem wolf niggas better be thwarted
Aug 2, 2022 2:10 PM

Jan 2022
Very entertaining episode, I'm very comfortable watching this episode. can't wait for next tuesday.

Solid 5/5
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Aug 2, 2022 2:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The expedition to the dwarf kingdom is already great even though it only started, and shalltear action is back!!! Really like how Ainz is already establishing relations with that solo dwarf and now it's up to expanding the runes again and defending them against these kinds of metal wolves is the best occasion, can't wait to see the action in the village now
Aug 2, 2022 3:07 PM

May 2018
Lol I can't wait for some slaughtering to start
Aug 2, 2022 3:48 PM

Jul 2022
Great episode, he gon destroy more people hehe
DreadfulLawAug 2, 2022 3:54 PM
Aug 2, 2022 3:56 PM

Dec 2013
Best girl Shalltear is finally back! The Demiurge bits keep being super funny, I feel pretty bad for him always thinking he is worthless when Ainz just got lucky but at least that pushes Demiurge to try to be even better.
Aug 2, 2022 5:00 PM

Jul 2017
KanameYuuki said:
Best girl Shalltear is finally back! The Demiurge bits keep being super funny, I feel pretty bad for him always thinking he is worthless when Ainz just got lucky but at least that pushes Demiurge to try to be even better.

Everyone is saying Shalltear is back, but no one asked where is Sebas he's been gone for 2 seasons ;-;
Aug 2, 2022 5:11 PM

Dec 2013
Crimsunreaper said:

Everyone is saying Shalltear is back, but no one asked where is Sebas he's been gone for 2 seasons ;-;

Haha, to be fair I was going to ask what the main servants were up to, specially the creepy centipede one which I like a lot but figured nobody cared about them.
Aug 2, 2022 5:21 PM

Jul 2017
KanameYuuki said:
Crimsunreaper said:

Haha, to be fair I was going to ask what the main servants were up to, specially the creepy centipede one which I like a lot but figured nobody cared about them.

Centipede? I think you mean Entoma the insect servant, but no she actually has a decent following, she's not unpopular at all, my guess is she might appear later to get revenge on Evileye.
Aug 2, 2022 5:22 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit I Need fucking more this was just too perfect of a episode I'm fuming..... !!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 2, 2022 5:52 PM

Mar 2020
Hehe Cocytus 😊😂 anyways great episode!!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Aug 2, 2022 5:56 PM
Apr 2021
finally debut shalltear on this episode 😍
Aug 2, 2022 7:42 PM

Feb 2014
Damn Cocytus wants to be ridden.XD He upped one on Shalltear.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 2, 2022 7:51 PM
Mar 2020
waited the whole week just for a felt 5 min long anime. this episode damn short
Aug 2, 2022 7:53 PM

Nov 2008
Did anyone noticed that the Fortress that Ainz summoned looked very similar to the the tower from Isengard, because I sure as hell did.

Aug 2, 2022 8:35 PM
Nov 2021
Man, I cant wait for the next episode. Time for another bloodbath.
Tfw Ainz be basically paying the Dwarves to learn runes though
Aug 2, 2022 9:09 PM
Jun 2019
We haven’t seen much of Cocytus in this season, but his small bit about Ainz sitting on him, and Cocytus preparing himself for Ainz riding him in the future was comedy gold imo. Apparently, he's talking about his Ainz future kids riding him as a HORSE in the future. But without context, it’s so funny. We had shallchair, now we have couchcytus. LOL

Poor Firebeard dwarf. At least he’ll be joining Nazarick at the of his life.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 2, 2022 10:15 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This Dwarven Kingdom makes me so interested as well, glad to see whenever Ainz gets new subordinates from other races :)

Must be nice being with Ainz or be him, summoning entire massive tower easily to camp outside

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 3, 2022 12:40 AM

May 2015
Farming runed weapons from the dwarves isn't a bad idea at all. Especially with a ainz's loyal skeleton workers. Im glad to see more Shalltear and Aura. Their interactions this episode definitely felt like a sibling relationship. Hopefully Ainz is able to get there before the dwarven kingdom is attacked!
Aug 3, 2022 5:03 AM

Feb 2014
Ains is lucky to have two excellent seats fir him to sit on. Cocytus asking him whether Ains prefers to sit on him or Shalltear was really funny, as was Shalltear's reaction to it. XD

Either way, it's great to have her in action again and I enjoyed her screentime greatly. Same goes for Aura, who's going a solid job in helping Shalltear as well as talking to the lone dwarf within the old dwarven city. However it seems that the monster that they dealt with had other plans in taking out the newer dwarven city, so I can only hope that Ains and his group can put a stop to the enemy's plans ASAP.

That'll be something to look forward to in the next episode (as well as more Shalltear screentime!).
Aug 3, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2012
Hm... I was expecting them to cover Demiurge's absolutely hilarious delight in the epilogue for volume 10 at the start of the ep, but here he just seems upset instead lol

Due to minor character interactions and distilling some roles that alas S2 and S3 already botched too significantly to save (noticiable even in volume 10's adaptation, reducing some minor characters and omitting their scenes), it's hard to decide whether the amount of content cut regarding the Lizardmen expedition, as well as Ainz convo with Shaltear and Aura, will deal too much of a blow to volume 14, Maybe they will just move that information for later, hopefully, there was a lot to unpack in this episode as is. Most notably, the prologue for volume 11 was missing, but considering we will get into more detail regarding the Dwarves' culture and all later on, it should be still fine to be inserted at one point. Overall it's still going nicely, and that's considering this was the most they covered in one go so far.

I'm starting to feel more hopeful for volume 14 being well adapted in this season, too, if they successfully pull this off.

This adaptation still is the best we've ever got for this series, so I'm looking forward and staying positive for whatever the outcome may be.
Aug 3, 2022 8:20 AM

Jul 2013
I was surprised to hear those furries talk lol I though they were just animals
Aug 3, 2022 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, this was a fun episode.
I have a question, runecrafts are more powerful? Too much information was being forced into my brain. So, Ainz is a magic caster but he doesn't make the magic spells, but Runes are a craft that can make you able to make magic spells right?

Also, this looks like an arc of Dwarven Kingdom.
Aug 3, 2022 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
Crimsunreaper said:
KanameYuuki said:

I know right? Sebas is best boy.
Aug 3, 2022 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
The CGI is returning, its not as bad this time though.
Aug 3, 2022 4:56 PM
Mar 2020
nanajp said:
I have a question, runecrafts are more powerful? Too much information was being forced into my brain. So, Ainz is a magic caster but he doesn't make the magic spells, but Runes are a craft that can make you able to make magic spells right?

Runecrafts are item or weapon enhancement, but it takes skills and time to make one, while magic spell enchantment are much faster and easier. just like item or weapon imbued with fire magic or ice attack. but as he said runecraft are cheap because you dont need expensive ingredient and huge magic power to create one. It terms of power, they both are the same. More powerful runecrafts takes way more time and skill, similar to magic spell enhancement use more expensive ingredient and insane magic power.

just think of runecraft is a like a bow and spell enchantment are like pistol. they both do devastating damage but one is made handcraft with cheap wood but the other is made in factory with expensive steel.
maverickoAug 3, 2022 5:05 PM
Aug 3, 2022 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
mavericko said:
nanajp said:

Runecrafts are item or weapon enhancement, but it takes skills and time to make one, while magic spell enchantment are much faster and easier. just like item or weapon imbued with fire magic or ice attack. but as he said runecraft are cheap because you dont need expensive ingredient and huge magic power to create one. It terms of power, they both are the same. More powerful runecrafts takes way more time and skill, similar to magic spell enhancement use more expensive ingredient and insane magic power.

just think of runecraft is a like a bow and spell enchantment are like pistol. they both do devastating damage but one is made handcraft with cheap wood but the other is made in factory with expensive steel.
Thank you so much for this expository! I have a feeling that Ainz will use Runecraft more and will probably speed up the process of using runecraft. And probably even, he will be able to do it without taking a second :ehe: so amazing, Ainz is.

mavericko, I sent you a friend request!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

180 by RodxD »»
Oct 9, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

248 by 9779 »»
Oct 6, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

322 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2022

205 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

157 by RodxD »»
Oct 2, 5:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.