Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, it looks like Yu is part of the training program now. A tough life but he needs the training. Seems this show threw in some man service as well because why not.

The horse racing part actually felt ...imo underwhelming. Maybe it's because the stakes aren't very high yet but it's the beginning of the season so I'll give it more time.

Apr 9, 2022 8:09 AM

Feb 2020
Another good episode.

Yu is already making some nice progress despite all the difficulties.

The race was pretty cool.

SerafosMay 22, 8:44 PM
Apr 9, 2022 9:57 AM
Sep 2015
I forget to breath! I don't mind the use of CG for a bit. In fact, I have a problem remembering the horse number, the horse name, the rider name, I don't even know who win that match. Is it Kuji? Who's Kuji anyway? Is he an alumnus of this horse school? I don't even get to see the face of Sojiro's brother.

I'm wondering if Shun Kazanami has Synesthesia, a condition which let you "see the sound" or "hear the visual". Of course, the fanservice is perfect.
Apr 9, 2022 10:04 AM

Apr 2009
Decent ep, but it feels like it has the same problem as a lot of these new 12 episodes sport anime, waayyy too many characters for its run time.

Apr 9, 2022 12:07 PM

Jan 2021
I'm weirdly really enjoying this
Apr 9, 2022 12:15 PM

Nov 2019
Nice. The horses don't even have muscle, yet they run so fast. They are the idols of the series, indeed, so they have to go on a diet.
SgtBateManApr 9, 2022 10:49 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 9, 2022 12:52 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Yu won the horse racing bet with number 11 it seems xD. The person taking the documentary is really annoying though and should leave Yu alone...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 9, 2022 2:36 PM

Mar 2016
Yuu knows Tako, and is uncomfortable around her.

Tako: I don't know if she's on Yuu's side or not. She's very suspicious, but looks like a nice person.

Yuu got carried naked to his bed. hahaha! That must be so embarrassing!

They were making it look like Yuu is not that good. But then he showed he loves this sport, and is not just doing this on a whim. I like how they let us see Yuu enjoying the sport, instead of just saying it in dialogues.

Yuu got scolded by an attractive guy, and he ended up introducing himself. lmao

A good-looking guy came in at the end, which is not much of a compliment in this anime because everyone is a good-looking guy, even Eri even though she's a girl!

The ED is so beautiful!!!! And homoerotic in a way! lol

Really feels like they're building something up between Yuu and Shun. I know this is the one thing about this anime that will end up disappointing me since it is not really gonna go anywhere!
Apr 9, 2022 6:28 PM

Aug 2020
pretty mid for me. nice to meet you wimps XD

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 9, 2022 6:45 PM

Nov 2012
Here I was thinking it's great they all get along then in walks the arrogant a-hole. rolleyes
Apr 9, 2022 10:58 PM

May 2021
The opening is straight fire.
Apr 9, 2022 11:07 PM

Jul 2017
The new jockeys settle in for school life at the prestigious horse racing academy, but with attention like idols in whatever they do to film a documentary because of Yu Arimura. This hits especially hard for Arimura since he's abandoned his idol life to become a jockey, and it has become a nuisance for him.

Despite that, the other jockeys (aside from Arimura) do get their own screentime being normal students and watching the derby in action. On the technical space, doing CGI for this is a must, and the execution is decent for imitating real-life derbys, and to that effect, SawanoHiroyuki's OST really helps angle in on the emotions.

And enter in Grace Amane, another foreign jockey who's the arrogant prick.

Still though, this is pretty boys and girl doing horse things, the pseudonym derivative of the CGDCT formula, and I expect it to be this way going forward.
Apr 10, 2022 3:36 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay episode. I can feeling it that Yuu become more adapted to his new life as a student of the horse racing school. Even if it means he needs to not thinking much about that hassle woman. But at least you got to see your idol man and a nice Derby match, letting all the frustation out. Though, even after a nice little change he done, someone coming to try to disrupt every little adaptation Yuu got. From the zero again. Can they be a good friend?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 10, 2022 5:32 AM
Feb 2021
Kinda sus how only this one guy's weight was shown. He even made a sour face seeing it. is 44,8 kg bad for a jockey?
Apr 10, 2022 6:46 AM
Sep 2021
It's an another good episode.

I liked how Yu is having some problems but deal with it. I can say he really have the things to become a horse racer. I'm hoping the next episode will be a good episode too and looking forward to it.
Apr 10, 2022 11:14 AM

Nov 2011
There's way to many characters in this story to start worrying about each of their problems. Hayato (I believe) has issues with his weight. So are they going to bring this back up? What about the other characters issues? AND YOU INTRODUCE ANOTHER CHARACTER who is a pompus ass it seems.

Add in the fact that the horse race was underwhelming, the CGI was mediocre at best, and most adults in this anime are trash.

Yeah idk about this one
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 10, 2022 3:53 PM

Oct 2016
"Nice to meet you, wimps"

I was hoping he'd say "peasants", but "wimps" works fine too xD
Apr 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Oct 2008
The ED is great huh!
4/5.
looks like VA Hanae Natsuki is voicing a more volatile Vanitas! lolz

Apr 10, 2022 10:49 PM

May 2021
The horse racing part was fine even with CGI though it wasn't as intense probably due to lack of stakes.
An asshole introduced at the very end.

Apr 10, 2022 10:51 PM

Aug 2019
Grace didn't have to be a jerk right off the bat.

Shunn is also a natural when it comes to horse riding. And it appears that Yu has more potential than I initially expected.

I also wasn’t expecting hiroyuki sawano’s soundtrack
Apr 11, 2022 2:16 PM

Jul 2017
man I really hope they keep up with those artistic bursts of colour, they look absolutely amazing.

but damn gotta feel for yuu having to deal with the company tryna pressure him out lol, at least he got blessed with MC powers to be the next legend. Seems like the "goal" chara has been introduced in typical sports style fashion
Apr 11, 2022 10:19 PM

Dec 2020
yu definitely made a risky choice by suddenly quiting the idol industry where he's thriving in and ofc there's bound for prices to be made but wtf did camera lady expect lol

and her editing out the part where the teacher praised him.. oof
Apr 12, 2022 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
This anime has to Be One of the worst of the season already,bad animation(just look at the terrible CG and it's slow down effect)it was just Ugly,way too many characters so it Will Be Impossible to develop them all the character designs and interactions are not good,and finally why is it that 2 time skips happened we don't even know the racers of the Race or the main reason as to why the protagonists were there.
Apr 12, 2022 6:26 PM
Jan 2021
Episode 2 is not bad. I like how Yu is being bothered. I mean there is something that he must develop and grow even by a bit. It is nice, yeah. Well, I always have an eye on sports anime and this one's good enough. I can also see that there might be something between Yu and Shun and I'd like to see it the future. I like BL of course hahaha ... I hope to see more and I am excited in the next episodes. Let's support this, 'kay?
Apr 17, 2022 6:22 AM

Mar 2010
Ok like the Paparazzi lady is annoying. Shes talking bout the real world when she ain't professional at all lmao. lmao at Kuji training in a room. Music is pretty awesome! Wow Yui got lucky with his win. lol at Sakurai's come on
StardewApr 17, 2022 6:26 AM
Apr 22, 2022 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
I kinda want to like it, because it's an interesting sport to have in a sports anime, but I kinda can't feel anything for it, tbh?^^'

Also feels like a lot like cheap queer baiting and I like my Yuri on Ice-level of queerbaiting (at this point, it wasn't baiting anymore haha) ofc, but here it seems quite ... too tacked on? Overdone? Have you never seen pink flower petals flying around, when you caught someone, who fell lol
removed-userApr 22, 2022 4:56 PM
Apr 23, 2022 2:32 AM

Oct 2017
Two bros in a bath literally next to each other because they're gay.
Shun is way too close to him in the whole show, he needs to calm down lmao.
May 13, 2022 9:00 AM

Dec 2016
I didn't quite like the OP, it doesn't go with the anime or the visuals. It's kinda way too kpop-ish

Really love the ED.

Yu feeling uncomfortable with that camera recording him all the time is understandable, even I felt annoyed. Why did they give permission to that person to openly stalk Yu like that? It's fine if they just recorded him while he's practicing but recording them at the gym and when they're eating is just too much considering Yu is not an idol anymore.

When he went “PASA” while flashing like that tho, that was extra hilarious for me since in our language pasa means Ass XD
Aug 8, 2022 7:20 PM

Jul 2016
Hanae Natsuki voicing an arrogant brat? Yeah, I don't see it. I couldn't take Vanitas seriously and things won't be different with this Amane kid.

The camera girl editing out the part with the teacher praising Yuu was such a bitch move, btw.
Oct 23, 2022 9:44 AM
Jan 2022
Riding episode fun good animation and beautiful cgi horses
Dec 9, 2022 2:24 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
hilarious when the new student arrives and said this pretty words!!!kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

22 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2022

50 by kirakiradeths »»
Feb 7, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

23 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

16 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 25, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Fanfare Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

13 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 22, 2022 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.