Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love of Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Director Euripedes really drew on his own death flag, being assassinated by the same kid that appeared at the start of the megaliner Artiemisia's maiden voyage.

Unfortunately, Ryang-ha was one step too late to discover her boss's body, and Euripedes barely survived that ordeal. Even worse, the kid assassin Won Jin-on met Chateau to have a private chat for negotiations, because the recording that he has contained a piece of Chateau's past, and to get it, she must sell Ryang-ha out to their boss, or face the prospect that her mother Anna will be assassinated.

For all the trouble Chateau has faced, even if she didn't meet Ryang-ha or that he didn't have interest in her in the first place, she would've been threatened the same either way. And to her, the only way out of this suffering is through suicide, even if she did or didn't take up Ryang-ha's request. Chateau will remain as a viable too for others to use her, and being forced or not, I kinda feel bad for her being in many situations where she is a bargaining tool, and following her own heart will cause her to lose this psychological game.

Now, while Euripedes is in the ICU getting treatment, the ship's unwavering atmosphere, and kid assailants like Jin-on and Mifa with their boss Donny, with Mifa being a bargain version of Death Note's L, this megaliner is about to turn into one huge crime scene with the reunion of Donny and the boy whose he's caretaking of, and the name eventually given to him: Ryang-ha.

Now, it's getting interesting all of a sudden.
KANLen09Feb 23, 2022 9:10 AM
Feb 23, 2022 8:49 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm that innocent is a necessity for this field. I really really really thought Jinon home delivered a bomb. But I guess that was a threat. That leading towards anxiety for Chateau.
She was really unable to think for a while.
But hey Boss survived somehow. Maybe missed the vital or something. OR A BIG PLOT ARMOR
We got backstory of Song Ryang-Ha. His boss was like grandpa Sasuke.
Feb 23, 2022 9:49 AM
May 2021
19:09 L is that you? 🤣
Feb 23, 2022 10:04 AM
Mar 2021
XO2HKIM said:
19:09 L is that you? 🤣

My exact thought. (Off brand L)😂
Feb 23, 2022 10:11 AM
Mar 2021
Seeing Ryang-Ha as a little kid is weird to see and also him smiling is off too. I wonder what happened that he doesn’t smile like that any more.

Mr. Donny really messed with Ryang-Ha as a kid and basically groomed him ( what I am guessing) so it will be interesting to see how and why.

I feel bad for Chateau and having to know that something could hurt her mom or if Won is bluffing just to get Ryang-Ha.
Feb 23, 2022 10:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm our new assassin sure introduced himself to the series with a shock. The injuries that the boss sustained sure were bad. The assassin though really pushed Chateau into a corner though with his plan and the desperation and despair that it invoked was clear from her actions in the hotel room. Overall an interesting ep that while doing well in showcasing new characters that changed the dynamic of the situation around Chateau also showed a surprisingly fragile side to her as well. Curious to see what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2022 2:57 PM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby go to your internalized higher power represent, but searching episode and commenting on was so messed up, I sense an epic coming up of those left on the vessal
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 23, 2022 3:21 PM

Jun 2015
Apologies. I ranted free style a little. Another epic episode, especially after the cliff hanger the last one left us with! I dont mean to sound rude but in terms of awesome story and dialogue shit is hitting the fan and people keep throwing shit at it!! (p.s this is a complement, don't hate me cause your fresh out of collage and never experienced a shit hitting the fan moment)
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 23, 2022 3:43 PM
May 2021
Definitely way better series than 'My Dress Up Darling', the art style may not be as great, but story alone, this is way better.

Anyway...

Chateau just can't get a break from the bs around her, but Song I'm sure is goin to do her right and help kick that azz!
Feb 23, 2022 3:46 PM

Aug 2020
Mifa and Jin are interesting characters as well as their teacher (?) . Ryang-ha you can save this right?

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 23, 2022 6:47 PM
Dec 2020
This show really just keeps getting better as it goes on!! I was close to dropping it the first two episodes but I am so glad I didn't, such a good plot :)
Feb 23, 2022 10:42 PM

Jul 2021
Man this episode went by quick.

So it was true that it was that kid who attacked the boss and I'm glad he's not dead, actually I'm surprised he's not dead, that was some serious injury.

There has got to be some really deep connection between Song and Chateau, Song is ready to turn himself to that kid to save Chateau and her mum.

When Chateau tried to kill herself, it was fucked up but also kind of understandable why she wanted to die. She has the responsibilty to hand over Song to saver her mother but to me it felt like she doesn't want to hand him over, so to her dying felt the best option to get out of the situation, if she just dies, that kid will have no reason to threaten to kill Chateau's mother.

Boss's wife's reaction was kind of unnatural to me, your husband just got stabbed in neck and you don't even shed one tiny little tear? What? She was really melancholic but...Guess that's how real people would react? I think those reactions with lots of agony and screaming and crying are just over done in media?

Seems like there is someone who wants to get Song and he hired that kid to get Song. That kid sitting like that on the table instantly reminded me of L, they really tired to copy him I guess.

And watch the post-credits people!

It seemed like Song had a particularly normal childhood after being adopted, that was nice. I wonder what made him into the man he is today.

5/5.

The PV looked great and full of action, looking forward to next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 23, 2022 11:35 PM

Nov 2019
Things seem to be rapidly changing, with Euripedes airlifted off to hospital and Chateau being stuck between a rock and a hard place

Can't wait for next episode
Feb 24, 2022 12:25 AM
Mar 2021
i love how they adapted this episode from the manga. the whole gun/choke talk was done perfectly. i just wish they slowed down the pacing a tiny.
Feb 24, 2022 12:43 AM

Jan 2021
Is it certain that the Ryang Ha shown at the end is the same person as Ryang Ha who is now alive? There was someone who died before, his name was Ryang Ha too... if I remember correctly. But if that's really him... I don't know, I'm just afraid he'll suddenly become a traitor, either to Chateau or to his Sensei.

I'm so nervous.. I want to know what Ryang Ha's motives and what is he aiming for

Feb 24, 2022 7:21 AM

Dec 2020
yuppp yup things are picking up more !!! i liked the ryangha and chateau scenes a lott this ep. they adapted those perfectly

after credits scene was niceeee. ryangha, but also ..not? it doesn't seem like the ryangha we know right now, at least.
Feb 24, 2022 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Does Ryang-ha have to choke a bitch? Hehe, couldn't resist!~
Feb 24, 2022 4:12 PM

May 2018
Ryang-Ha and Chateau just can't catch a break lol
Feb 24, 2022 7:44 PM

Apr 2008
The boss surviving that is hard to forgive. Even thicker plot armor than when she survived the car bomb. That at least felt semi balanced by mister immune to tasers. Don't know if I can take anything seriously from here, and the one dimensional archetypes of the assassin brothers aren't helping. Oh well, this season is weak enough that some amount of interesting plot still puts it above average.
Feb 26, 2022 11:22 AM
Mar 2021
Bio said:
The boss surviving that is hard to forgive. Even thicker plot armor than when she survived the car bomb. That at least felt semi balanced by mister immune to tasers. Don't know if I can take anything seriously from here, and the one dimensional archetypes of the assassin brothers aren't helping. Oh well, this season is weak enough that some amount of interesting plot still puts it above average.

There are many people who survive from stab wound to the neck. I know from someone who see it irl and you seriously just need to search in google to know about it 😂

People seriously need to stop saying something is illogic before search information about it first. I have seen many people say "This is illogical!!" Then when I search, it actually happen irl.
Alice0006Feb 26, 2022 3:22 PM
Feb 26, 2022 3:36 PM

Apr 2008
Alice0006 said:
Bio said:

There are many people who survive from stab wound to the neck. I know from someone who see it irl and you seriously just need to search in google to know about it 😂

It's a giant dagger lodged through his neck. People can die from swallowing a grape wrong. I think it's reasonable to say this is a likely fatal wound even if it's not strictly impossible to survive. And think about it narratively. Why did our assassin not yank it to the side or anything else to guarantee a kill? If we're saying he went for an intentionally nonfatal wound using a stab to the throat that's even more implausible. The show obviously intended this as a murder cliffhanger for tension, so it feels cheap when it's undone without any additional explanation. It also lowers the dramatic impact of any future injuries.
Feb 26, 2022 6:04 PM
Mar 2021
Bio said:
Alice0006 said:

It's a giant dagger lodged through his neck. People can die from swallowing a grape wrong. I think it's reasonable to say this is a likely fatal wound even if it's not strictly impossible to survive. And think about it narratively. Why did our assassin not yank it to the side or anything else to guarantee a kill? If we're saying he went for an intentionally nonfatal wound using a stab to the throat that's even more implausible. The show obviously intended this as a murder cliffhanger for tension, so it feels cheap when it's undone without any additional explanation. It also lowers the dramatic impact of any future injuries.

For me it looks like a small knife stabbed to his side of neck and most likely miss his vital. In truth, people can survive from stab wound, many of them survive. You say it hard to forgive as if it's an impossible thing to happen.

"Why did our assassin not yank it to the side or anything else to guarantee a kill?"
What's his purpose to do all that? To threat chateau, doesn't need to kill him. From the beginning, I already know it's not fatal wound. He just want chateau to meet him so he did all that to make her search for him and to show her that "He can do this." Or he miss his vital because maybe Ryangha already arrive so he quickly go away or the boss resist. That's why the mysterious man with white hair say he made problem. Or as you can see Jinon seems like the type to play around, play with his victim, so it's possible for him to make boss not die quickly just because he enjoy it that way. In manga Ryangha said "He is better off escaping with instant death, how harsh" I think this is to say that Jinon do it on purpose so he won't die quickly. This is just my assumption since I don't like to say something is "Obvious". But I make this assumption based on what happen in the anime. So many explanation you can think from it as long as you don't narrow your mind to "Only for drama"

"The show obviously intended this as murder cliffhanger"
Nothing is "obvious" unless you are the author or the author tell you herself.

Lower dramatic impact? I don't know about this, many characters survive from much worse injury again and again but people still think maybe he will die again and again everytime it happens (Seriously some people think Tanjiro, Zenitsu or inosuke maybe will die 😂). Also in shoujo manga, something often happen in the end of chapter but next chapter nothing happen (Example: FL confess to ML but ML too dense so he reject FL, sometimes it can happen till twice but I never see people lower their expectation because it already happen before.)

You also mention about stun gun right, I just found some information that if you are high on some type of drugs, stun gun maybe won't work. The man in anime said he was on drug.

About car bomb, she wake up and realize there is bomb so she walk outside and she got some injuries. But she already walk outside, why she won't survive? Even some people near center survived from Hiroshima and Nagaski bomb.
Alice0006Feb 27, 2022 5:04 AM
Mar 2, 2022 8:57 AM

May 2020
Why mysteries aren't adding up to anything i wonder.
Mar 2, 2022 6:35 PM
Sep 2020
Ryang is still sus.
Mar 11, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2008
Ryang....you got some making up to do. you're bringing this on CHateau.
Mar 17, 2022 4:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So it wasn't Ryang but that annoying blond stupid kid, seems like he comes from a group, still Ryan as a very weird behavior chocking Chateau like that
Mar 18, 2022 12:06 AM

Dec 2016
The wife looked awfully calm after seeing her husband all bloody like that...
May 15, 2022 12:06 AM

Jul 2015
As a supposed professional, Chateau is surprisingly fragile. Good thing Song is there to choke her unconcious before she takes any rash decisions.

Jun 18, 2022 7:27 PM

Nov 2018
I had reserved myself for no particular reason on discussing this show up until now.

I'm really glad that we are getting a payoff to this particular relationship from the main characters. She really has been slowly breaking throughout the narrative and now we finally see how she really feels. I'll immediately finish this anime tonight.
Dec 4, 2022 10:54 PM

Aug 2018
was that L are these Death Note characters?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 26, 2022

42 by stankosrbija1389 »»
Apr 18, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 30, 2022

45 by Kaylis-sama »»
Apr 8, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 12, 2022

119 by louminescence »»
Feb 13, 6:00 AM

» Season 2.?

Zayed_Iftekher - Aug 29, 2023

9 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 5, 12:37 PM

» Anything similar to this?

lovealyssafaith - Apr 11, 2023

17 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 2, 2:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.