Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2021 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Keiko offers Kyoya a way back in time...to Remake His Life again and set things right by not being OCD about everything like before, and achieve a future where everyone can be together to go through the pangs of life. If there's one thing Kyoya learns the hard way, it's pain and suffering.

Shinoaki picking up drawing again is such a godsend, to go back and be lost and tranced yet again just like her old lifestyle. But Kyoya has made up his mind, and Keiko gives him some pep talk to not sell himself short to be able to help everyone. If anything, Keiko's the time-traveling hero we don't need but deserve.

With that, he's back 10 years again to where it all went haywire with Tsurayuki's situation. And for a change, Kyoya decides not to cheat/tamper this time, but to let time take its course as a means to remake their life. Mmm, that also means meeting Minori Ayaka before her illustration days, and getting Tsurayuki back for a cliffhanger.

Create, and follow where your heart wants. Forge passion and move forward.
Felt a lot of emotions with this one.

Oct 2017
Kyouya ended up going back to the past after all and honestly I don't commend his decision. Shino Aki started to draw again in the future meaning that even in the present he could have changed things for the better and most of all now if Shino Aki and Kyouya doesn't end up together again, Maki will never be born damn it. Other than that this didn't really feel like a finale and heck they even left us on a cliffhanger.

Decent season overall, enjoyed it quite a bit. Now hopefully we'll get a new season someday.

Apr 2020
Kyouya decided to go back in time, he really wanted to go back to the time where he was with his friends. But I'm still confused how Keiko can return Kyouya to the past.

Damn, I'll definitely Miss Maki and Shinoaki as a mother...

Such a Cliffhanger episode! I hope we get a second season!
KaisekiSep 25, 2021 6:09 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like this is time for Kyouya to head back to the past and fix the mistakes he made. Not mistakes but, the choices he made during that time that led to this future. Shino Aki started drawing again. And, it's time for Kyouya to say goodbye to his wife and daughter and fix everything where everyone leads a happy future, not just him.

Some things are the way it's going to be. But, there are some things that Kyouya can help them with. We also got to see Ayaka of the past in this episode. Overall, I would say a pretty decent show. There were some things that could've been better but it was nothing major. A boy's journey into the past fixing his mistakes for the good. Unfortunately, not everyone gets the same kind of option to redo their lives. We can only wish...

Feb 2018
it's over, and i'm getting to see Nanako again, she's really become my best girl... Kyoya spends time with his family, Keiko gave Kyoya advice, so that Kyoya wouldn't lower himself. Kyoya uses his knowledge to help others. Therefore Kyoya gains trust, especially to Shinoako and Kawasegawa. And yeah, okeari shujinko Just lowering Keiko's hand reset time and brought Kyoya back.And Kyoya came back, Minori Ayaka turns out to be on the same campus as Kyoya. "Minna de saikou no sakuhin o tsukuriageru". Kawasegawa and Kyouya's last moment at the coffee bar was really good, I'm glad to hear that Kawasegawa would help Kyoya if Kyoya was in trouble. It ended when Kyoya and Shirayuki met.

Sep 25, 2021 6:04 AM

Apr 2014
Even though I'm Nanako's supporter but Kyouya's farewell with ShinoAki and Maki was very sad. Keiko, the pink-haired loli is the one behind time travel, maybe she's a supernatural being after all.
The ending was left us with a big cliffhanger, maybe it was prepared for the second season. If this series will have one.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 25, 2021 6:08 AM

Apr 2016
Im not gonna say that i had high expectation from this show at the beginning, because time travel + romance + japans almost always goes south. But the show did started interesting, but for me it kinda lost its direction around the cultural festival or somewhere around that.

I dont know, and once main-kun traveled through time second time i kinda lost interest completely. Tho It seems ? I guess ? That now some interesting stuff is about to happen (you know fixing the future again, but "beterrrr" this time), but were not gonna see it unfortunately.

Is there even enough material left after the anime ?
Sep 25, 2021 6:19 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good show, despite some pacing issues, this show still really enjoyable.
8/10, I want season 2!!
Sep 25, 2021 6:20 AM

Apr 2021
So it's over huh?

Where do I start from? This was one of my favorite shows this season.
I really liked the show, especially the first half. Although when he went to the future and stuff, things kinda felt a bit weird. Still tho it was fun.

Hoping for a second season, if not I'll probably read the LN's.

8/10 for me!!!!

Edit : Corrected grammatical errors
Joel77Mar 23, 2023 10:54 AM
Sep 25, 2021 6:27 AM

Aug 2021
it felt weird to see Kyouya time travel again into the past, as I wanted him to continue with the future he already had built -- his character already developed anyways. still a decent show though.
Sep 25, 2021 6:29 AM
Dec 2018
Overall, this is good, 8/10. I need cour 2!!!

Watch the classics, because there's a reason they become classics
Sep 25, 2021 6:41 AM

Oct 2016
What, what kind of ending was that?
I dont think they will make season 2.

I quite enjoying the show, except the last episode. I dunno why but yeahh, 7/10.
YES
Sep 25, 2021 6:48 AM

Apr 2014
Welp, to the light novels we go, right?
This was very amusing to watch, it's been a while since an anime got to some feelings that I didn't expect them to.

I'm really excited to see what comes next.
I've been rooting for Shinoaki since episode 1, but Kawasegawa grew on me much stronger as time went by..
Rooting for her now! Go, Eiko!
Sep 25, 2021 6:55 AM

Jan 2018
This episode portrays Keiko as the main perpetrator responsible for making Kyouya go back to the past (and future). But problem is this would mean she snuck inside Kyouya's room to touch him in 2016 XD unless she can send people back remotely too.

Ngl I liked Remake Our Life and really glad it didn't go down the path I thought it was going to. The first couple episodes had pacing issues but the last episodes felt really good in slow pacing. I don't think this anime is as good as other time travelling shows I watched but I might think that way simply because how different it is compared to the other shows.

Either way this anime needs a season 2. I'm relieved it didn't pull a fake happy ending like Re:Zero. We need to see real best girl Tsurayuki succeed!
Sep 25, 2021 6:56 AM

Jan 2017
I'm so disappointed because my best girl Kawasegawa got a very short screen time.
Sep 25, 2021 6:58 AM
Aug 2021
this ep is hilariously bad hahahaha
Sep 25, 2021 7:09 AM
Jul 2021
that was rushed asf
so what, the time travel is just a plot device and kyouya dont look like a human at all
Sep 25, 2021 7:13 AM
Mar 2020
Kyouya without remorse, erased his own daughter from the timeline by going back. Not only is he a murderer, but he continues to mess with reality and may even up distorting it further.
Sep 25, 2021 7:46 AM

Mar 2021
do y'all watch this on japanese tv or something cause you guys are hella fast the episode is not even on the internet yet
Sep 25, 2021 7:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So thanks to Keiko he can really go back in time, too bad ShinoAki started drawing again in the future timeline because now he's back to college to try fixing everything, Minori is also here with black hair and she looks cute xD now he has to help Tsurayuki, I'm looking forward to S2 (for sure it will happen otherwise everything would be totally useless), this one was fine, nothing more than that.
Sep 25, 2021 7:59 AM

Feb 2021
Well it was a ok last episode I think, I don't know how high the chances for a second season are considering this isn't a Kadokawa production, but considered the anime who have gotten a second season this year I bet the chances aren't really low.

I just wish some publisher company here in the US would release the light novels officially, because fan translation isn't always very reliable.
Sep 25, 2021 8:00 AM

Jan 2021
xrvbert said:
do y'all watch this on japanese tv or something cause you guys are hella fast the episode is not even on the internet yet

For Asia region, you can watch it on the Ani-One Asia Youtube channel.
Sep 25, 2021 8:04 AM

Mar 2021
It's sad that Kyouya needs to leave his beautiful family to fix his mistakes in the past. Watching Kyouya living together with Shinoaki and Maki is so heartwarming. That's why Kyouya needed more time to prepare for his farewell.

I don't know about the ending, it feels bland. I'm expecting a second season because of the cliffhanger at the end.
Sep 25, 2021 8:05 AM

May 2020
Keiko offering Kyoya to travel back in time, and he's willing to do that even though he will lose each and everything that he has in this timeline.

We got to see that he woke up right after that time when he has that argument with Tsurayuki, and as expected he has dropped out. It doesn't really felt like a last episode so they must make a sequel of it, otherwise him meeting Tsurayuki at the end doesn't serve any purpose.

Was a decent adaptation overall, but they never explained anything completely, like about Keiko. Hope we get a sequel later on.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:23 AM
Sep 25, 2021 8:07 AM

May 2021
we need season 2 right frickin now

Sep 25, 2021 8:14 AM

Jun 2020
Oh no cliffhanger ending, I don't like it but can't really hope for second season though. I'm glad I find it enjoyable since I'm actually watch this show for the opening song.
Sep 25, 2021 8:18 AM

Apr 2018
Keiko was God afterall, what an unexpected and grand plot twist! Amazing!
Anyway, the time travel in this anime is pretty fucked but alright. Kyouya accepted her offer to go back to the second timeline in which Tsuruyugi still left college. But my man decided to live on and see what'll happen.

Can't say that it was a great anime, if you look at how much hate this got from the Japanese audience.. It's pretty understandable. The positive things were the girls; all of them were cute as hell. Kawasegawa #1 for ever. Hopefully, she gets some more time alone with him after this because that last conversation was *chef kiss*.

6/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 25, 2021 8:20 AM

Sep 2021
Chotto matte. how come kyoya just accepts that loli girl was responsible for his time travelling?
And ultimately, Kyoya decides to go back to the past. Nanako is still posting songs, Shinoaki just started to find her mojo back, Kawasegawa is still Kawasegawa, (let's leave Tsurayuki out of this). And most importantly, cute little Maki is now nonexistent!
So, I have mixed feelings about him going back to the past.
Sep 25, 2021 8:24 AM

Feb 2020
I'm glad that they aren't treating Keiko as some villain (right now at least), even more so that they're sticking to the 'character vs. self' conflict. I wonder where her role would be in the current past. Also interested to see how Ayaka does in the past, and I'll be expecting her to be a catalyst for Aki's comeback.

A bit weird for an end episode, but I guess it ends Kyoya's 'future' well. To no surprise, I managed to like this as it went on since I already experienced and liked something similar (Saekano). Just hoping if it does get a second season, the drama is more impactful than what we saw here.

Sort of interested in the novel, but not sure. Anyway, good stuff.
Sep 25, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2016
Kyoya went back again, no surprises here.

After the promising start I wasn't the biggest fan of the last few episodes in the "present". The company and family affairs weren't all that engaging. Even less so than potenial love triangle drama I initially didn't want to see. Wouldn't have been a big issue, if this wasn't only 12 episodes, but it is what it is. The finale was still somewhat satisfying thanks to my low expectations xD

6,5-7/10

From favorite of the season to wasted potential.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2021 8:30 AM

Jul 2019
I still don't see the point of this final time jump. Apparently a burden of "primum non nocere" was too strong for Kyouya and he wanted to cross out the spaces he lamented about in the "new" future.

It's good that Sinoaki returned to drawing with a fresh look and that Nanako started to learn more about herself and her singing potential in the unfamiliar environment. Also I kinda felt good about Minori and her upcoming route, she is cute in her clumsiness just like adult Morishita.

Keiko doesn't sells good as a time God, her mysterious appearance near the station when she first speaked to Kyouya led to nowhere, in the end she is no more than a pink-haired switch between dimensions.

This is a 6.5 for me, more in the direction of 6.
Sep 25, 2021 8:43 AM
Sep 2019
The point of this anime is that Kyoya, our MC seems to

1.Have a poor opinion of himself

2.Thinks that his actions have a negative effect on others...sees himself as a bad luck charm,

Which is why he got sent back in time. To learn that lesson, and to have some confidence in himself.

For me, Kawasegawa's speech to Kyoya in the previous episode/penultimate episode is the whole point of this anime. Stop selling yourself short. Stop seeing yourself as the one on whom everyone's burdens rest on. You are not responsible for anyone's failures or successes...and so on.

The sad thing about this anime is that we don't get an extra 12 episodes to see how Kyoya applies the lessons he has learned. (Anime these days are just an extended advert for the light novel. At least give us three more cours, and save a lot of trees!)..but in a way, it is good the anime ended here, especially as it has said all it needs to say. Because the lessons learned here are of great importance to too many of us. We are not to blame for the choices other people make. We are not gods. At the end of the day, we are mere mortals who live and die by our choices.

8/10...not necessarily a masterpiece, but it does put the message across well. That's why I like anime anyways.
Nigerianotaku40Sep 25, 2021 8:47 AM
Sep 25, 2021 8:54 AM

Dec 2008
I really enjoyed the series... but that ending...... I hope we get a second series but it seems that only the bad shows get those. I am sure that the pink time traveler is related to Tsukuyomi Komoe from Toaru Majutsu no Index though. Hmm... worth thinking about. I was disappointed at Kawasegawa seemingly being relegated to the background. I really thought she would end up as the main squeeze. She was a nice character though, hope to see her again one day....... 8/10 from me but only because of the ending.
May the Uguu be with you.

Sep 25, 2021 9:05 AM

Apr 2010
Well i enjoyed this but i would have liked to see some more, tho judging from this ending that seems doubtful.
The main learned a lesson and he is intend on correcting his mistakes, and honestly it would have been interesting to see what came out of it.
Sep 25, 2021 9:11 AM

May 2021
So Kyoya has gone back in time again finally. It is unfortunate we didn’t get to see Tsurayaki get back into school again. That final scene however… Was a good last episode. Quite an emotional episode. Hope we get a season 2!
Rem4lifexDSep 25, 2021 9:14 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 25, 2021 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely anime of the season.
But s2 when?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 25, 2021 9:27 AM

Oct 2010
Two points:

• God is a youjo.
  • Show basically follows VN pattern and we just cleared Shinoaki route. (check writers's trivia and notice Frontwing production participation)
Sep 25, 2021 9:31 AM

Jun 2020
lmao. What else is there to say? I don't even think I'm being overtly critical but what was the point or message in these 12 episodes?
Sep 25, 2021 9:32 AM

Apr 2016
wtf is Accelerator doing in the end of the episode
TriHard7
Sep 25, 2021 9:37 AM

Jul 2015
So.. in of it self.. rather than solving the issues. the anime just throws them all to season 2 (and that's if we ever got one that is..)

Gonna be honest, i really didn't like this anime so much. Only reason why I kept watching was because of best Girl Kawasegawa and that's about it..

Will i watch a second season? sure i mean.. this wasn't a bad anime.. but it was enjoyable if ya were to ignore its flaws..
Will I read the Light Novel? surely not..

Just search around.. and it looks like Kawasegawa will be focus of next Arc.. SIKSHO!
UkRsSep 25, 2021 9:40 AM
Sep 25, 2021 9:51 AM

Aug 2014
I overall liked the show from the start, even though review-slammers showed up early saying it was shit, wasted potential, pandering etc.

It got weird sometime after the first half, the part that was really gonna define the story and provide drama, trigger points and catharsis.
Too much weird jap anime logic. MC works hard and helps everyone to the best of his abilites, but maybe a bit too much and maybe quells too much of their artistic integrity in their one single project - and they all somehow lose their lifelong passion over that. They didn't even spend that much time together yet at that point, and would have still had to face that in the original timeline.

MC gets told by different support characters that he did his best and did nothing wrong, he took everyones wishes into account. Then he's also told his wishes were egotistical so don't do it again. Then gets sent back to do it all over again.. again.

And from the last ep I don't see that much difference. He still plans to help everyone as much as he can, maybe just a slight tad less than before to not make them completely dependent on him.

I didn't have high hopes for the show but I enjoyed the optimism of the first half and found it entertaining, sad to say the second half and the last ep feels like a jumbled mess.
Sep 25, 2021 9:58 AM

Aug 2014
geptor said:

[*]Show basically follows VN pattern and we just cleared Shinoaki route. (check writers's trivia and notice Frontwing production participation)
[/list]

So you're telling me there's gonna be a Tsurayuki route as he's one of the mains too? I'm not sure how I feel about that..
Sep 25, 2021 10:00 AM

Jan 2012
You know, for a great deal of this show's duration, at least halfway through, I felt like it wasn't capitalizing much on its time travel plot. So much so that I thought you could have dropped that and just made it about a dude going to film school without really missing much. Unfortunately, when these last few episodes finally addressed that complaint(or really more like an observation) it actually made me like the series less as a whole. My biggest complaint about these last few episodes is it's pretty damn hard to make me like or care about an MC who would willingly erase his adorable little daughter from existence. The funny thing about this is the show went out of its way to even make this a possibility/problem. And while the first half of this finale did try to address that in some way it ultimately failed to justify it in my eyes. The only way Kyoya could be redeemed now for me is if he winds up with Shinoaki and having the same exact child anyway. Which might happen, I haven't read the source material for this. I dunno if it's even a light novel or web novel or manga or game or whatnot. But the point is I also have no interest in this story anymore because I don't care about him anymore. So it's a bit of a catch 22. I won't be watching anymore anime if it comes, and I will never seek out the source material.

The other big conflict or theme, that Kyoya was using his being from the future as an advantage so much that it hurt those around him because he was doing everything for them and they became too dependent resulting in their futures being worse than in the original timeline, also failed to hit with me. I found it a dull conflict or concern. Perhaps that could describe the series as a whole too. I suppose the show looked fine. And I can't say it was the worst thing I've ever seen, but it was probably the weakest show I watched this season, and perhaps all year. 5/10
Sep 25, 2021 10:07 AM

Sep 2011
It was a good anime. Kyouya went back to the past again and this time he decided to not help other people ahah I hope they will make a second season.
Sep 25, 2021 10:15 AM

Jun 2014
As expected, Kyouya decided to go back to the past, and this time he won't meddle too much to the point where the Platinum Generation ceases to exist in the present timeline. I have so many questions regarding Keiko that will probably never get answered. Idk if her being the catalyst for the time traveling was really the way to go, that just seemed forced to me. I would like to see this explained in a second season, along with seeing how Kyouya learns from his previous mistakes, but I don't think a second season is likely. A shame, especially after that cliffhanger with Tsurayuki. Still, it was a decent show and I enjoyed watching it every week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 25, 2021 10:24 AM

Oct 2010
sockerdricka said:
So you're telling me there's gonna be a Tsurayuki route as he's one of the mains too? I'm not sure how I feel about that..

It's the true ending after you clear all girls routes. But do not assume all routes needs to end with sex. Everlasting romantic harem and true friendship happens too. As for bad ends options are unlimited.
Sep 25, 2021 10:24 AM

Jul 2014
Maki noooooooooooooooooo :'(

At least the MC had the decency to spend a few last moments with his family. Like, I get that being thrown into that situation out of nowhere, his new family probably didn't feel as real, but he had enough time to at least feel something for them. What sucks even more is that Shinoaki regained the will to draw just when he's leaving haha.

Okay, now that it's over I have to ask, what was the message of the series? Not to blame yourself for being awesome? I don't know, we even had a last speech from Kyoya where another character (Keiko) tells him that he didn't do anything wrong. Dude, I don't understand his character, he didn't even ask her anything about the time travel or who the hell she is xD. He was so expressionless throughout the series that I don't know whether to think his VA was terrible or the best choice for that role lol.

Anyway, I loved the first episode, episode 8 had a good twist and the rest had some enjoyable moments but overall it was a disappointment. If I have to stick with one thing it's that I didn't like the MC at all. The female cast was great though, it's always nice to hear Nao Touyama <3.
Sep 25, 2021 10:41 AM
Jul 2021
Ugh, I liked it but "I want to feel pain and suffer?" Wtf lol. And HOW can you throw away Aki and YOUR daughter! They are both amazing and I would NEVER give up on a beautiful loving wife who ACTUALLY uses the words "What in Tarnation" in this day and age, it's adorable.
Sep 25, 2021 10:45 AM
Jul 2021
SkyLETV said:
Maki noooooooooooooooooo :'(

At least the MC had the decency to spend a few last moments with his family. Like, I get that being thrown into that situation out of nowhere, his new family probably didn't feel as real, but he had enough time to at least feel something for them. What sucks even more is that Shinoaki regained the will to draw just when he's leaving haha.

Okay, now that it's over I have to ask, what was the message of the series? Not to blame yourself for being awesome? I don't know, we even had a last speech from Kyoya where another character (Keiko) tells him that he didn't do anything wrong. Dude, I don't understand his character, he didn't even ask her anything about the time travel or who the hell she is xD. He was so expressionless throughout the series that I don't know whether to think his VA was terrible or the best choice for that role lol.

Anyway, I loved the first episode, episode 8 had a good twist and the rest had some enjoyable moments but overall it was a disappointment. If I have to stick with one thing it's that I didn't like the MC at all. The female cast was great though, it's always nice to hear Nao Touyama <3.

Yeah seriously he's ALL over the place as far as how I view him, sometimes he's decent, other times he pissed me off. And he blames himself for EVERYTHING when he tried his best for EVERYONE. If you do that and things turn out eh, what else can you do? Also he didn't "ask" to go anywhere, he just woke up there, so that was stupid

Also can I just say that his friend who quit school is a TOTAL asshole? Your friends cared about you and staying in school SOO much that they decided to CREATE video games, in a Rush, to get you the money you need and when they FINALLY succeed, you're like Nah you helped too much I'm out? Gtfo
Sep 25, 2021 11:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good finish, this. No answers yet on the enigma that is Keiko-san but it's good to see her being more understanding to Kyouya's needs. I was definitely expecting some action there but well, xD.

It's honestly commendable that Kyouya made the decision to go back despite the wonderful family that was already I suppose in a sense you could say offered to him lol. I'll miss Maki-chan, for sure. Jokes aside, it was nice to see Nanako after a while though (those two short clips from NicoNico video hardly left an impression, you see).

Interesting how Kyouya even set up his next target like that in Kawasegawa. God, that delightful blush there. Minori Ayaka in the college too, how did I not figure that out? Quite the tense close with the confrontation with Tsurayuki, meanwhile.

All in all, the series was meh for the most bit for me but got a little interesting with the time travel twist. Something about the main character just didn't feel right though. But it did get a little better this episode on that regard so here's to hoping for a second season to pick it up on this note.

Going to settle with a 6/10 here, as such. To be honest, concept-wise, I was confident that this would be a hit so in a way, this turned out to be a little disappointing.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

212 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

127 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

158 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.