Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 20, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dearia is actually pretty badass. I always had a feeilng he's be more than just the brains in this show.

Episode felt more like a traditional fantasy show than the usual house hunting stuff. I don't have a problem with it but do kinda wish they did more house hounting.

Nell seems to really appreciate what Letty has done for her. I think it's kinda cute. Decent series overall.
Jun 20, 2021 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
So dragons were actually revered as potential enemies from Heroes, though the "Flame Dragon Lord" Letty is an outlier in this equation of course, amidst the rumours.

The order from Nell's father the King to storm the castle to attack and retrieve the princess back, because Letty made his presence known, so Dearia has to clear the bulk. And Nell REFUSES to return unless the apology over the cupcake is reached.

Instead of making it typical, Dearia uses the huge castle to test the defense endurance and warfare in an RPG-style format. Pip herself can easily take out a handful, nd Nell refuses to leave friends behind for protection. Dearia using gnomes to attack using rocks for a 8-5 day job, day and night, Nell's father is having difficulty reaching his daughter by the structures of the castle's many defenses. Letty...only knows how to mock them in the most basic way possible.

The next line of contact: using every bit of the castle's last lines of defense...to make instant "human" ramen. Man, does Dearia know how to make the gag work so absurdly well. The desperation of her dad to reclaim Nell is strong, and Letty acting as a decoy to lure him in Dearia's trap-like setting magic for the reunion between father and daughter, it's heartwarming.

The misunderstanding cleared, and the resolution reached. The worry now is how to escape from the castle, and fairy dust will do the trick. Dearia does his house job all the way through to the end, as expected from a realtor. Letty though, earned a kiss from Nell, heh, and using a half-fairy stone for future communications.

"I believe I can fly", and Letty's truly flying to finish Nell's arc on a good note.

What a wonderful ending, gonna miss this show! Easily IMO the best comedy of the season.
KANLen09Jun 20, 2021 7:50 AM
Jun 20, 2021 7:25 AM

Jan 2021
A full-fledged Tower Defence hahah
It was a nice reunion, and to think it all happened over a cupcake... 😂

I'm going to miss Nell and this anime too. Very underrated 7/10
Jun 20, 2021 7:50 AM

Feb 2020
All ends well, and maybe Nell's got some feelings for Letty? Haha. Really nice to see Dearia laugh at the end.

Wow, this series definitely got better as the episodes went. Letty improved a lot as a character from the crybaby we knew from the first few episodes. It's good comedic fantasies like these that have simple premises but do their all out best to exaggerate and appeal to the audience. Simple animation, but everything else fills that gap.
Jun 20, 2021 7:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The ending was cute with Nell's situation being resolved + that kiss xD
Anyway it was funny but only sometimes, very hit or miss comedy I suppose overall.
Jun 20, 2021 8:02 AM

Jun 2019
And... the matters resolved in the end. Nell finally went back to her father and the king understood everything. Funny to think she ran away because of the cakes. LOL. But, now she's not going with them and Letty's gonna continue his journey to find his ideal place to live with Dearie and Pip.

Even Letty found himself a girl and then there's me. Sad Joose
Jun 20, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2020
A happy ending. :)

Overall, it was a funny comedy. I'm going to miss Letty.

7/10.

Cute kiss.

SerafosAug 26, 2021 1:03 PM
Jun 20, 2021 9:15 AM

Jun 2014
I wonder which chapter should I continue from the anime ending?
Jun 20, 2021 9:19 AM
Sep 2015
The last episode is the best episode! Not only it's the most emotional one, but this is the first time I actually gain knowledge from this anime, which is the castle's design to fend off intruders.

Also, the King is such a DILF, or could I say KILF, King I'd like to F. He's only LV36? I think the level is more of an age than the real experience indicator, am I right? And the LV ??? mean it exceed 1,000 years old. I notice that not only most characters are male, they're also handsome and muscular as well (for their own species). And there's almost no heterosexual romantic throuhout the series, except maybe the last moment between Letty and Nell, which is quickly debunked in the last second.

I'm also satisfied with the revive system, which mean that even if people are killed (mostly by Demon Lord and Black Dragon), they'll revive somewhere. With the right amount of manservice, story, and non-violence approach, I'm happy to watch this anime.
phantomfandomJun 20, 2021 9:23 AM
Jun 20, 2021 9:20 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't expect that this would end up being one of my favorites this season. Such an enjoyable journey overall and Letty is one of the cutest characters xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2021 9:38 AM

Jan 2012
Heh, back in my last semester in college in 2010 I remember I took a class called Knights and Castles. It occurred to me while watching the first half of this finale that a lot of the stuff they covered about the castle was in that class. Had this existed back then maybe it would have been worth trying to get my teacher to show. Man, 11 years it's been. It both does and doesn't feel that long....

Anywho, for most of this show's duration I was pretty down on it. I thought it had potential, but became a bit formulaic. The episodes were very hit or miss to me. But as I watched this finale, and they showed us all the creatures Letty met along the way one final time, it occurs to me that I think it was better than I thought, just a bit. The strongest episode for me, by far, remains the one I like to think of as the Glitz Pit episode in honor of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. That is to say the one with the monsters fighting in the arena. They were shown this week with their circus tent briefly. I'll be nice and give this a generous 7/10. With the way this season is shaping up that may actually be enough to land it somewhere in the top half of shows I watched overall too. Too early to tell just yet though, guess we'll see.
Jun 20, 2021 9:44 AM

Feb 2021
I had doubts about watching this show or not but I'm happy that i took the right decision. Loved it.
Jun 20, 2021 9:49 AM
Nov 2018
I need a continuation even though the ending wias very satisfactory
Jun 20, 2021 11:15 AM

Jul 2011
This episode is the culmination of isn't how you do things, but how the people tell your stories.

Must be tough play DnD with the author. The explanation of how build and protect a castle, is very well elaborated and realistic. And dungeons overall.

Even the King think Heroes are crazy.And the King is a reasonable person, that's rare for a king in an anime.

And nice smiles from Nell and Dearia.

This anime helped me a lot expand my knowledge about dungeon making for TTRPG. That said, was a great anime.
Jun 20, 2021 12:10 PM
Jul 2019
What a good show man, makes me wanna collect the manga, the comedy is great, and one small thing I really appreciate is that Letty and the other dragons aren’t 3D CGI models. Very good anime that’ll I’ll definitely rewatch and support.
Jun 20, 2021 12:45 PM

Sep 2019
It's been 12 episodes but the narrator's voice and his narration is as irritating as ever. I didn't like this show, it was boring most of the time.
Jun 20, 2021 12:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ahh, I loved this so much! Honestly only watched it was IshiKai, and even then, I thought it'd be boring and I'd probably drop it. But no! The show was a lovely surprise, I love Dearia and his relationship with Letty, and the comedy was up my alley. I also thought I wouldn't like Nell, but I ended up liking her as well. This was a mix of comfy and fun, and the comfy moments are so worth it. Especially Dearia's laugh at the end of this episode <3 Speaking of this episode, I enjoyed learning about how the castle architecture is made and used to defend from enemies!

I'll really miss the show and the characters ;_;
tingyJun 20, 2021 12:59 PM
Jun 20, 2021 3:19 PM

Jun 2017
Oh wow I am glad the score is no longer under 6, it did not deserve that.

It started a bit bland but kept getting better each week for the most part and the last few episodes were genuinely good imo.

7/10 for continous improvement and unique idea. It was good to just turn off your brain and chill.
Jun 20, 2021 4:13 PM

Sep 2020
What a great series! I wasn't expecting Letty's anime to be this good.
SmilingBeginner said:
I wonder which chapter should I continue from the anime ending?

Chapter 15 (the last chapter of the third volume) is where the anime ends, but I recommend reading it from the beginning.
Jun 20, 2021 5:17 PM

Mar 2021
When Nell finally meet her father and kiss Letty in the head saying goodbye, I hold my tears. That's one of the most wholesome ending I 've ever seen in anime.

8/10
UnafliatedJun 20, 2021 5:24 PM

Jun 20, 2021 6:41 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Fin.
Thats the saddest line of these final episode, man, ngl. Not even those Dearia laugh via those parallel talk with Varney could ever match it. Good thing that next pop-up talking bubble over them can at least bring me a little smile over the sadness i feels.

Anyway, the King surprisingly a wise man, could understand the whole situations Letty got, and well, for the sake of his beloved daughter, everything solved without a further bloodshed. Even though its too bad Nell couldn't joining Letty journey after that. Still, there's always be a parting time when you had such a great memories before that, right? I'm still thinking Nell is the fmc. Why you've put her under the supporting label, ffs.

Anyway, solid show, with a decent story telling and great amount of cuteness and well-balanced comedy. This is a perfect example of a very good show at least for my standard.

Fin.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 20, 2021 8:37 PM

Jan 2018
Thats was nice ending. Now we need season 2 cause Letty has still to find his new home.
Jun 20, 2021 9:45 PM
Feb 2021
tingy said:
Ahh, I loved this so much! Honestly only watched it was IshiKai, and even then, I thought it'd be boring and I'd probably drop it. But no! The show was a lovely surprise, I love Dearia and his relationship with Letty, and the comedy was up my alley. I also thought I wouldn't like Nell, but I ended up liking her as well. This was a mix of comfy and fun, and the comfy moments are so worth it. Especially Dearia's laugh at the end of this episode <3 Speaking of this episode, I enjoyed learning about how the castle architecture is made and used to defend from enemies!

I'll really miss the show and the characters ;_;

Surprisingly, I had really low expectations of this series thinking its humor is gonna be stale & boring like this season's Full Dive RPG. Turns out I end up loving DHH to the max. Of course it depends how one is willing to enjoy this series genuinely. I'm still shocked there are many people rating this series lower than a 7. 🙁

Sure there are some unlikeable characters, mainly the Hero character, but I feel many of our likeable mains being endearing to me even the Hunter & his Cat Assistant whom I remember liking them despite officially appearing in only one episode.

Guess I shall get the manga series seeing that there's more adventures for our dragon, his cute bird, & his estate agent to find his permanent & safe home. This final episode is satisfactory in terms of wrapping up with a good open ending.

I'm sure gonna miss Letty & the characters I've come to love with all my heart in this medium. 🥺❤️
Jun 20, 2021 11:36 PM

Jan 2014
For a series that started off a bit annoying, it actually turned into something nice, and a good watch honestly. It really grew on me as it went along, good stuff.
Jun 20, 2021 11:56 PM

Oct 2016
That was a pretty sweet ending and this finale is definitely my favorite episode. Kinda did not enjoy it as much in the beginning, but it definitely became more enjoyable as we went along.

That tower defense lesson with Dearia though lmao. I am going to miss this gang, especially Nell, I think she was one of the reasons the show became more enjoyable, she was the missing piece with her personality. I hope we get a season 2. 7/10
Jun 21, 2021 3:08 AM

Apr 2014
I really didnt expect to watch more than a few episodes of this show but Im really happy with where it went, and Im shocked it didnt ever feel like it overstayed its welcome. Im glad its score has gone up, I think a mid-6 is about where it belongs.
Jun 21, 2021 3:53 AM

Nov 2013
i thought the show was gonna end with letty actually finding a house but well it wasn't a bad ending too
Jun 21, 2021 7:20 AM

Mar 2018
A fun, light-hearted and wholesome show through and through with likable characters plus a satisfying ending to boot. Solid 8/10. There wasn't a moment I laughed out loud but can't remember how many times I chuckled throughout the show. A light comedy should be like this. The best episode was episode 7.

Why are people sleeping on this? A very underrated hidden gem this season imho. S2 plz.

Jun 21, 2021 4:34 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 12 and its good, and its the last ep as well.. the story was kind of funny that i said to myself, just over a stupid cupcake? That the princess left home.. haha.. there is just a limit to being spoiled.. good thing that nothing went wrong, and she was safe in their adventures.. and later in the anime, the princess reconciled with her father, the king.. after a series of events, just to protect themselves from the soldiers.. good thing that the king is unlike the heroes, that he isnt prone to false info that much and knows there are both good and bad monsters out there.. thus, the princess now back and safe in the castle, lettys adventure continues.. anyways, i rate the anime a 9 of 10, 9 for story and 9.5 for art.. :)
Jun 22, 2021 2:46 AM

Oct 2008
d'awww the chill show is over!!! huhuhu! Letty was finally able to fly!
i'm a bit jealous of Letty because he was kissed by a legit princess!
storm the castle lolz! they thought it was a tough red dragon! good for them Dearia knows a lot of castle siege defence tactics!
5/5.
7/10.

Jun 22, 2021 6:17 AM
Apr 2020
Many were initially thinking of dropping this anime after 3 4 episodes. But I am glad I stuck through. It really pulled itself up in the later part of the season, and the rating shows it as well!
Jun 22, 2021 9:57 AM

Nov 2018
This anime had some funny moments, but ultimately is garbage, as Letty never finds a house. If anime writers made Star Wars, you'd have Luke climbing into his X-Wing and then the movie would end and you'd never find out if the rebels defeated the death star.
miniikaJun 22, 2021 10:01 AM
Jun 22, 2021 9:17 PM
Mar 2012
hit & miss comedy, has some decent ideas with realty & even tax. Backgrounds topnotch but garbage animation such weird combo.
Letty improving was a theme but he never even trained fire breath or flying, or found a house as the main thread. Varney & Dearia feels a much better mc combo.

Jun 23, 2021 6:14 AM

Apr 2017
I'm so glad I kept watching after that awful first episode, and that the narrator appeared much less often after that. The humor, trope subversion and wholesome moments more than made up for the not-as-impressive animation (which gets better later on as well). The show just got funnier by the episode, and that was a really wholesome ending. I don't think it's going to get a second season, and the ending we got is enough.

8/10

ETA: the people complaining that "Letty never found a house" are missing the point. The true reason he was thrown out of his parents' house was to gain independence, and he will do that by gaining confidence and skills. Right now he's less of a crybaby but still a long way from maturity — much like how Dearia, with all his theoretical knowledge, still has a lot to discover in the world. The house-hunting is just a pretext for the journey, not the final goal.
Pande91Jun 23, 2021 6:17 AM
Jun 24, 2021 4:21 AM

Jan 2011
Yeah, should have had Nell appear sooner to give this more impact.
Jun 24, 2021 3:27 PM

Jul 2017
i initially gave nothing for this show, but it managed to grow on me little by little. Though, i have to say, imo, sometimes the comedy was hit or miss but hey, i was pretty much entertained throughout the whole show. It was fine at best, definitely not bad. The last episodes with the princess were the best ones for me.

6/10
Jun 26, 2021 9:07 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty wholesome anime. I enjoyed my time with it.

miniika said:
This anime had some funny moments, but ultimately is garbage, as Letty never finds a house. If anime writers made Star Wars, you'd have Luke climbing into his X-Wing and then the movie would end and you'd never find out if the rebels defeated the death star.

Haha. You ain't wrong. It's always frustrating how many anime per season have non-endings.
Jul 1, 2021 5:06 AM
Nov 2020
Underrated, hidden comedy gem for the season. I liked the chemistry between all three characters, and that was a touching goodbye scene between Letty and Nell. Does Nell have a father-complex? (my imagination is going wild after watching this ep after watching an Oni Chichi episode lmao)

I was hoping to see the baby bird all grownup. Also, since Letty hasn't found a home yet, I'm hoping this leads to a season 2 because I'll definitely watch it.
Jul 6, 2021 8:13 AM
Jan 2018
thought they would have done a gag of him falling after the fairy dust expired.

it was obvious he wouldn't find a house lol otherwise the manga would be finished

liked the Parallel between letty and Dearia being the same as Varney and Dearia
Mattinator95Jul 6, 2021 8:19 AM
Aug 9, 2021 7:26 PM

Jun 2019
I quite liked this. The characters were charming and I loved seeing Letty and Dearia travel together as they encountered rpg parodies.

I found it hilarious when the King was talking about how Heroes are a different bred and then went on to talk about how there are good and bad people in every race, which means that everyone views heroes in a bad light lol. It reminded me of that scene in Yuusha Yoshihiko when Yoshihiko destroyed items in a house and had the home owner lash out at him.

A nice lighthearted anime. I'd love a sequel.
Aug 18, 2021 9:37 AM

Oct 2008
Found this quite boring until the last few episodes. Nell has made it obvious that another character was very needed earlier in the series for that back and forth dynamic.
Aug 22, 2021 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
Long journey but Letty with his adorable kid Pip didn't manage to find a nice house at the end!

Overall I found this refreshing take on fantasy especially the fact all heroes are criminals lol.

Aug 29, 2021 7:52 PM

Jun 2014
Letty learned a lot about himself, and the world on his journey, which still hasn't technically ended yet. He even managed to reason with the king.

This anime was pretty good, and the comedy was also enjoyable. I hope that they make a second season someday.

Nov 4, 2021 12:20 AM
Feb 2018
he didnt end up finding a house in the end :(
Apr 11, 2022 9:59 AM

Jul 2019
This was surprisingly funny. At first I found Letty to be a bit annoying but he grew on me. Pip was adorable and totally idolizes his father. I always assumed Dearia would have ulterior motives, maybe not necessarily evil motives but something. I'm glad he didn't. Speaking of Dearia; that laugh at the end! A man can go gay for less!
Nell was a good addition to the cast but I feel like she was needed earlier.

8/10
Jul 8, 2022 7:12 AM

Apr 2011
It was funny while it lasted.

Nell felt too late to appear in the series.
Sep 14, 2022 4:57 PM
Aug 2021
Fun and chill to watch.
Apr 3, 2023 4:31 PM
Jan 2017
this anime was awesome. i loved the amazingly kind anthro [font="\"Open Sans\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]guards at Letti's house and the comedy of it was absolutely hilarious. 10/10 hope a 2nd season comes out ^^, even though I'm sure its finished[/font]
Apr 8, 2023 2:41 PM

Jan 2021
Do you have a problem with the princess being a scaley?
Dec 28, 2023 7:47 PM
Jun 2012
Nell definitely feels like a main character.

The amount of her dialogue. Far surpasses most of the other individuals.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

26 by Notsoprodigious »»
Mar 10, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

30 by waldy713 »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2021

31 by waldy713 »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2021

29 by waldy713 »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Dragon, Ie wo Kau. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2021

24 by waldy713 »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.