Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, brothers teamwork with Yamato and Takeru this episode.

Gotta admire Takeru's fighting spirit though. I mean, he's just a kid but faced off WaruMonzaemon without fear. Definitely not an easy battle for sure. This series' version of WaruMonzaemon is pretty tough if you ask me.
Mar 27, 2021 7:59 PM

Feb 2019
BREAK THE CHAIN.

Really nice finale to the episode and a great bonding opportunity for Takeru and Yamato. Got pretty dark there with the Digimon being used as energy slaves essentially. Hope they get to go to a real amusement park soon.
Mar 27, 2021 8:24 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This episode was very close to being a Chuck e Cheese reference. Aside from that, there were also some still images throughout it that broke my immersion though it wasn't that bad.

PS: Please go back to the fridge. I wanna know what's inside.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 27, 2021 9:29 PM

Jul 2017
The Ishida brothers are paired together this time, and into a deserted amusement park for Digimon...? Certainly is weird...

But as usual, it only means trouble, and seeing the Bakemon doesn't take long to see why. Even WaruMonzaemon looks tougher than it usually is, as compared to the OG.

Takeru surely came out on top with AngeMon, and "Break The Chain" certainly feels fitting, though to a Champion-level evolution is just meh.
Mar 27, 2021 10:40 PM

Oct 2017
A touching Yamato and Takeru focused episode. Takeru's patamon finally evolved into Angemon too, that was nice.
Mar 27, 2021 10:46 PM

Feb 2014
Aww, those short flashback scenes where they were a couple of years younger and with both their parent at the park was pretty hearthwarming.
Mar 27, 2021 10:58 PM
Oct 2012
It's nice to see more insight into Yamato's character and what shaped him to be who he is now. We know now that he has his cute side as well.

Angemon coming back is definitely something I didn't expect from this episode, but I like how he has become sort of an icon of Takeru's relationship with Yamato: how he has hope because he can always come back to Yamato who supported him.

And this is why I just love how the siblings are portrayed in this reboot.
Mar 28, 2021 12:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Takeru and Yamato episode, it was pretty nice especially for their relationship, too bad Digimon like that has to ruin the fun in amusement park :/
Mar 28, 2021 1:34 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
It is great to see a little more character depth to Yamato and Takeru with pieces of their past. Of course as fan of the original, this is nothing new, but it is still extremely important for the Reboot to flash out the characters more.
Mar 28, 2021 2:52 AM

Mar 2015
At least the villain of the week talked, I guess. The episode was still shit. The dialogue in this is so mindnumbingly generic and boring. Every line the characters utter is boring af. Just can't get invested into these walking husks. The original made sure to build the characters and make their flaws apparent throughout so that you get invested in them. But this, the connection is just not there. The characters just suck. Also, they are still riding their Digimon into battle for no reason, thus this sorry excuse of a reboot is making sure that even if the character work was good, the episode would still suck.
Mar 28, 2021 4:00 AM

Jan 2009
the animation is nice this week but damn i want to see the main plot already

good to see Angemon back though
Mar 28, 2021 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
The plot of the episode was incredible, I hope it stays that way.
Mar 28, 2021 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Angemon is very powerful as a Holy Digimon. He might even be the most powerful Digimon in the show.

I was expecting Angewoman to be OP as well. I still love the Angel Digimon. Their designs are so fascinating.
Mar 28, 2021 11:42 AM

Aug 2017
While is was cool to see Angemon again, I'm a litte bit sick of those still images passing as "animation". Aside from mouth flaps, only the evolutions were truly animated (and that is Canned Sakuga, to be repeated over and over. TOEI didn't redo the animation this time), while most of the episode wasn't or was just animated in a very limited fashion. Is this series running on low budget or something?
ZenielDanakuMar 28, 2021 11:51 AM
Mar 28, 2021 12:44 PM
Feb 2020
Ow, I was tempted to turn this episode off when Patamon got 5 seconds and Gabumon was significantly longer
Mar 28, 2021 8:41 PM

Jul 2013
Jesus, just how basic can the plot get?

Wondered around aimlessly > found a theme park > having fun > revealed the conspiracy > drama > the boss appeared > the boss wreck everyone > friendship talk > evolution > fight > end credit

This is text book basic storytelling 101.
JustMonakaMar 28, 2021 10:40 PM
Mar 29, 2021 1:01 AM

May 2008
...I don't mind eps without evolutions, truly, but these past eps are... vapid? They try to make them seem like they're important by adding quick past flashbacks but they don't do anything, not even really expand on the character. It's more like simple traits off a checklist rather traits that gives depth.
Mimi needs something to her? Make her randomly CEO-like!
Jyou needs something to him? Make him like fries!
Sora needs something to her? Make her love soccer though hers was done the best so far!
Yamato needs something to him? Make him afraid of ghosts!
Takeru needs something to him? Make him afraid of roller coasters!
Koushiro needs something to him? Make him --

Maybe it's just because the cast doesn't interact, not really, so all these traits don't get to shine beyond being mentioned.

I am the only one baffled by the reboot keeping "Yamato is afraid of ghosts" characterization? Just like with tri. it does nothing but attempts to inject funny except astoundingly the reboot does it worse than tri... I didn't know that's possible...

So, what did we learn today? Takeru made Yamato promise him to ride on the merry-go-round together. Woooow. We wasted 26 mins just for that and Angemon, I guess.

Speaking of... why Angemon all of a sudden? If all it'd take was a bunch of hopeful digimon then why even bother with Pegasusmon? Why not just have this earlier and not waste a whole ep just to get Angemon back? I just don't understand...

That said, I did enjoy Yamato's seiyuu being pouty about the haunted house. If only there had been more than one line.
SakariiMar 29, 2021 1:06 AM
Mar 29, 2021 1:04 AM

Dec 2016
who the hell is writing this "series"? why are they doing this to my digimon name and digimon characters? :(

at least the Tri series had some sense of purpose...
Mar 29, 2021 9:41 AM
Oct 2019
Another Average Episode...
Once again Monster of the Week kind of episodes...
Zero Progression into the Main Plot

This kind of writing are like Filler in Long Running Shounen Anime...lmao
Stop it TOEI
Apr 4, 2021 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
Man I'm really feeling the padding in this episode, I've should have noticed the filler earlier but whatever...yeah let's get the other megas already and move the plot.
May 15, 2021 5:31 PM

Feb 2015
I didn't really have the time to keep up with this... show for the last few weeks cause of exams, but I'm finally catching up now.

The episode was pretty okay for the most part. The enemy talked, there was some backstory and the setting was a nice callback to the og Adventure. It took a turn for the worse once Takeru entered Warumonzaemon tho. The other Digimon were stuck in the dark space for some time already and didn't lose their will to escape, but Takeru and Patamon lose theirs after a few seconds/minutes just to throw the lackluster brother-connection-deus-ex-machina in there :x
Angemon coming back was also pretty underwhelming, but at least it had something to do with Takerus crest (the crests haven't been explained at all tho... we're 41 episodes in :x).
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Aug 16, 2021 6:27 AM

Jan 2021
Lovely and heartwarming episode with the brothers. They should've done this stuff earlier tbh. Would've given us the break we needed from all the stuff that's been happening nonstop earlier in the reboot. Putting it here when the plot was already starting to move is a bad choice but anyways. Too late to complain now. It was a good episode. Hope they explain the Pegasusmon shenanigans in the future though.
Feb 13, 2022 12:19 AM

Feb 2020
The bond between Yamato and Takeru is heartwarming. :)
Jun 20, 11:53 PM
Nov 2019
I like amusement park digimon episodes so this was a decent episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.