Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2020 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Solid episode. We got the main Digimon going into their ultimate forms together and fighting as a team.

The combination attack from all angles was actually pretty impressive. And...we also got the arrival of Angemon in its glory!
Dec 5, 2020 6:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow Angemon at the end... also that new ending theme is pretty good to be honest.
Dec 5, 2020 7:45 PM
Aug 2017
Wow that was absolute trash, worst episode by far of this season possibly of the entire series.
The animation was trash, and they even reused a bunch of things, the pacing was absolutely whack the narrative was bad and what was supposed to be big moments left absolutely zero impact.
Dec 5, 2020 7:50 PM

Feb 2019
Idk about the new ED, it’ll have to grow on me. I guess we’re due a new OP soon too.

The episode was dope tho. We finally got all of the digidestined fighting together, and boy was it cool. And now we got Angemon. Hype.
Dec 5, 2020 8:28 PM
Jul 2018
Ángemon seems to have mysterious holy powers in this series.
When Kari gets Angewoman...will she be just as powerful as Angemon?
Dec 5, 2020 9:27 PM

Jul 2017
Given the look of Taichi's younger sister Hikari, she isn't really that surprised by Digimon, but perhaps the way she's being called could be something different.

Otherwise, the Digital World isn't getting any better, and the DigiDestined must bond together for times like this and move forward.

The survival of the fittest: Groundramon vs. the DigiDestined with their Ultimate forms altogether, NOW THAT IS DOPE.

DarkKnightmon is back, and with it, Angemon's reveal. This is going to be exciting.

3rd ED, and is a different feeling altogether. Definitely cheery though.
Dec 5, 2020 10:08 PM

Oct 2017
The visuals in the new ED are so good, the song itself was pretty good too.

Finally Takeru's time to fight, excited to see Angemon evolve.
Dec 5, 2020 10:41 PM
Sep 2015
This episode is so beautiful, the thunderstorm moment and the sunray after that is such a breathtaking visual. I think this is non-stop fight for survival for the entire cour with no break at all. This reboot is really stepping up its game, and its difficulty too, this is Adventure in a hard mode, for hardcore fan only!
Dec 6, 2020 12:06 AM

Jan 2009
damn those new enemy digimons are fucking strong lol and they evolve by eating other digimons eh

survival of the fittest indeed

Angemon finally shows up and gonna fight DarkKnightMon
Dec 6, 2020 2:58 AM

Dec 2014
the series is getting better by every episode... hikari also in digiworld now... hmm\\

also like the new ending
Dec 6, 2020 4:15 AM

Mar 2015
I hate this anime, but I'd hate it a tiny bit if there were subs out there that used proper terms for Digimon levels. I can't stand English dub shit. Are there any fansubs out there that do this properly?
Dec 6, 2020 4:56 AM

Feb 2013
ibraheem234 said:
the series is getting better by every episode... hikari also in digiworld now... hmm\\

also like the new ending

True, it's getting interesting.
Dec 6, 2020 5:22 AM

Apr 2020
The new ending is cute, specially Mimi and Palmon. The jpeg Eldoradimon made me laugh.

Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Dec 6, 2020 5:26 AM

Dec 2016
Lmao the new ending spoils Hikari's digimon once again!!! xdd sames as 20 years ago, these guys at Toei sure they don't learn their lesson

But it was cute, visuals and song were lovely, also loved the tempest-vibe of this ep.
Dec 6, 2020 10:22 AM

Dec 2013
Lovely visuals on the new ED, I liked that final shot with Darkknightmon and Angemon, I hope Tailmon finally shows up next episode.
Dec 6, 2020 10:31 AM

Feb 2015
Oof, this episode :x
So Leomon is finally dead, huh? :D

Well, let's start with the things I liked:
- everyone is back together (always a plus)
- the new ED is extremely cute and I like the visuals a lot (the EDs might be the best thing about this reboot)
- Mimi riding on Birdramon and her reaction after the landing were pretty funny, Mimi is one of the better human characters in this reboot for sure
- the short scene at the beginning when everyone is introducing themselves to Kari + Piyomon & Tentomon wanting to scout by flying ahead were nice
- everyone working as a team to beat the enemy of the week
-> I especially loved the scene where Zudomon's hammer is deflected, but Weregarurumon shoots at it and it crashes into the enemy again

And now... the things that weren't that great:
- the animation was horrible
- while I love the kids working as a team, defeating every enemy with combo attacks is getting old really fast
- Taichi riding into battle and this time even jumping into freefall from Kabuterimons back, how stupid is this kid in this reboot o.O
- more brainless action, leaving 0 space for character development and actual plot progression
- the champion levels getting like one attack off (with the exception of Kabuterimon and Birdramon who don't attack at all) before being completely useless, cause the reboot thought introducing the perfect levels before episode 20 was a good idea - every fight is essentially the same
- Angemons actual debut was extremely lackluster (let's see how the next episode goes tho) even though the show had over double the amount of episodes to build that up (compared to the og)... it literally just appears cause Takeru says so
- Metalgreymon (and Taichi) being hit by all the attacks of the others, but somehow not being damaged... since when are the Digidestined's Digimon immune to each other? ._.

SoldierDream said:
Lmao the new ending spoils Hikari's digimon once again!!! xdd sames as 20 years ago, these guys at Toei sure they don't learn their lesson

The OP has been spoiling this since episode one tho :D

Marinate1016 said:
Idk about the new ED, it’ll have to grow on me. I guess we’re due a new OP soon too.

I hope for a new OP soon too :)

Luchia said:
Ángemon seems to have mysterious holy powers in this series.
When Kari gets Angewoman...will she be just as powerful as Angemon?

Angewomon should actually be a lot stronger than Angemon, cause she's a perfect level Digimon :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Dec 6, 2020 10:37 AM

Dec 2016
@StormxNightmare oh true, forgot about that xd it's just that the circumstances where so similar with 1999 (new ending by the time Hikari enters the stage) that i couldn't help thinking of that
Dec 6, 2020 5:36 PM
Nov 2015
Animation is very stiff, i like this episode better than last one tho

I Guess animation wont get any better un the future neither, why making a remake of a beautiful anime if they are thight on budget ? I dont understand
Dec 6, 2020 7:44 PM

Mar 2018
Lol they changed the ED again but not the OP. Are they thinking to use this boring and uninspiring OP throughout the show and use it at last episode for emotional effect just like in the original? You know that won't work.

Oh look, more unintelligent wild Digimon who can't speak. And once again, our heroes murdered another one who's acting purely on instinct and not even a proper enemy. So badass.

Lmao the MetalGreymon Railgun scene was literally copypasted from episode 21. What's the thing that reboot did better than original again? Looks like they ran out of budget for this episode with that cringy scene where Taichi jumped off and landed on Greymon's antler. Is that supposed to be cool or what?

StormxNightmare said:
So Leomon is finally dead, huh? :D
It isn't confirmed yet, is it?

Dec 7, 2020 7:31 AM

Apr 2011
KANLen09 said:
Given the look of Taichi's younger sister Hikari, she isn't really that surprised by Digimon, but perhaps the way she's being called could be something different.

Even the original series and Adventure 02 hinted that Hikari had some extra powers that were never fully developed (see the Dragomon episodes in A02). Maybe they're finally going to explore that?

Hikari makes me uncomfortable because she acts like one of those creepy horror movie kids. Maybe Gatomon will help round her out a bit more.
Dec 7, 2020 12:57 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I hope this is not the last time we see Leomon and I like the new OP so far.
Dec 7, 2020 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
I loved the new ending, makes me want to download all the pictures and set them as desktop backgrounds.

I'm excited to see Angemon in action!
Dec 7, 2020 7:55 PM

Sep 2011
Okay episode even though we get our usual low quality from Toei this week.
Dec 7, 2020 9:05 PM
Feb 2020
The animation (faces) were particularly bad this episode
On top of Yamato being invincible (hitting his head on a rock and not even being fazed?) Taichi can fly now 😓

SoldierDream said:
Lmao the new ending spoils Hikari's digimon once again!!!

Takeru and Patamon were shown in the opening, at least Gatomon was in shadow
BastionoDec 7, 2020 9:18 PM
Dec 8, 2020 4:48 PM

Jul 2012
- MCs: *attack wild Digimon that were just attacking out of instinct*
- Another digimon: *eats wild Digimon which was previously attacked by the MCs*
- MCs: THAT'S SO CRUEL!!! /o\
Dec 9, 2020 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Marinate1016 said:

The episode was dope tho. We finally got all of the digidestined fighting together, and boy was it cool. And now we got Angemon. Hype.

I'm thinking that Op will change our next episodes.

Dec 9, 2020 10:00 AM

May 2008
Well, this ep was terrible in every way. Do I even have point it out? I mean, just LOOK at it.

But glad to know the Digimon Adventure classic of revealing spoilers in their EDs is still a thing. /s
I did like the outfits and Mimi+Palmon in the new ED, but that's really about it.

And they're getting separated again?! FFS!

StormxNightmare said:
Well, let's start with the things I liked:
- everyone is back together (always a plus)

Hoped you enjoyed it because that's all you're getting for the rest of this mini-arc!
Dec 13, 2020 11:28 AM

Jul 2008
And everyone is together again and right away getting their butts kicked.
Jan 1, 2021 9:27 PM

Apr 2020
The new ED is so good! It seems the ED would change every 13 episodes while the OP would not change…

Jan 19, 2021 6:05 AM

Jan 2021
New ED is alright. It's cute I guess and so is the visuals. I want HD pics of them.

Pretty much a filler-ish episode especially given how lackluster the animation has been in the last couple of episodes. Angemon's official debut was boring and barely had any impact. The evolution scene too. Looks like only Taichi and Yamato are only really getting the good animation in this reboot.
Feb 10, 2022 1:58 PM

Feb 2020
Great episode. I really liked that thunderstorm scene.

Groundramon was a very strong Digimon.

That new ending is very cute. :3
Jun 12, 1:23 AM
Nov 2019
I really liked Leomon in this episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

43 by KursedArcana »»
Oct 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

51 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

24 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

23 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jul 11, 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.