Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2020 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, it's back to the serious stuff and Yuyu knows the threat in front of her. Quite an intense episode as Yuya struggles to fight and survive.

Of course, Riri decided to jump in to help and that's no surprise. Gotta give credit to the team for pulling off that fight.

Nov 5, 2020 10:04 AM

Apr 2010
Yuyu having a mental breakdown again and Riry breaking her sword again.
Well it was nice to see them convince each other and they had a nice fight as well so hopefully things will work out better for them in the future.
The girls where working together but they might need some improvement on that front tho.
Nov 5, 2020 10:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good development for Riri and Yuyu's relationship to be honest, they had some great moments during that fight especially the final double attack.
And it was cute to see them holding hands in the grass at the end xD
Nov 5, 2020 2:48 PM

Apr 2008
Adding info from Fumi.

Shizu (Riri's roommate) is also a Lily otaku. (1) How she seems to know a lot about the other Lilies and her information network is fast to catch new updates.

Alfheim is the strongest Legion in Yurigaoka (and top rankers internationally). They're the face of the Yurigaoka Garden and often sent on missions out. Last week they're sent to destroy an S-class Huge Nest in Niigata, an important base for the Huge, and also a dangerous Ultra-class Huge, Fafnir, who controls it. They're doing the demonstration for Hitotsuyanagi Team right after returning, so both themselves and their Charm is still not recovering to top performance.(2 3). Even so, usually that class Huge wouldn't be a problem even if they don't go all out.
To explain their seemingly bad performance against that Huge in this episode.

Even with that handicap, they still stripped off this Huge out of its shield (4), so Hitotsuyanagi Team managed to kill it without the Thorn Princess using shield like during the first attack.

About Shihou's words on how they will need time to get back to action, actually not that long.
Amatsu Marei, a Charm researcher (and also heir to a weapon company like Kaede) is also helping with the repair (5)

Ena (the lilac haired girl feeding cake to Moyu) are friends from the Assault Lily Arms novel.
nseikaNov 5, 2020 5:25 PM
Nov 5, 2020 9:20 PM

Jul 2017
Riri's legion is not only formed on paper, but finally set in stone: the Hitotsuyanagi team. Oh well, this is a good start being leader, but fighting Huges with their Magie CHARMs are gonna be a challenge for the 1st years, not just the Charismatic herself.

The other Legion teams (at least Alfheim so far) are not letting up their game, and Yuyu's past memories putting her in a daze once again for the Huge that decimated her past Schild that severed the Schutzengel partnership. Regardless of her tainted past, Riri embracing and picking Yuyu up from the ashes of her past hurts...I guess you could count that as character development.

Other than that, Riri's Legion made work of the Huge as a team, that's a good stepping stone for teamwork altogether for a memorable start.
A job well done, pure maiden girls.

Not to mention the growing relationship between Yuri (and I'm gonna keep it that way just because).
The hand-holding is a symoblic cliche, but I don't mind LOLS.

More challenges to come from even stronger Huges, and the Huge research just keeps rolling.

The first episode in a long while I've enjoyed from start to finish.
Nov 6, 2020 3:50 AM

Oct 2007
"Hitotsuyanagi team" sounds good. Riri being made leader of the team. Well, that's some responsibility put on her.

battle with really powerful Huge. It has the Charm that Yuyu lost.. so this is the Huge that killed Misuzu. Yuyu's bad memories are trigerred again.. but Riri saves her once more.

looking forward to next week. Getting good! :>
Liddo-kunNov 6, 2020 3:58 AM
Nov 6, 2020 6:00 AM
Oct 2019
Liddo-kun said:

New episode in 2 weeks. Next week would be special event or smth
Nov 6, 2020 6:26 AM

Feb 2019
I ship so hard ugh https://imgur.com/a/Yy8Wvjp

Awesome episode from start to finish. I love seeing how close Riri and Yuyu have got. The past few weeks we’ve seen Yuyu’s barriers gradually come down culminating in the final fight this week.

We also got some important information about the origin of the Huge which is very important. Looks like no episode next week, so we’re back in 2. Can’t wait.
Nov 6, 2020 6:34 AM

Aug 2013
The Hitotsuyanagi team is official now.
The way the team took down the huge was pretty cool.

Nov 6, 2020 7:03 AM

Apr 2014
So basically they will pull out the Madoka-styled plot where Huge once were Lilies? (same with Madoka that the witches were once magical girls)
Nov 6, 2020 7:15 AM

Mar 2020
Hitotsuyanagi squad is finally offical and with that the squad fought their first battle against a powerful huge who seemed to have Yuyu's previous CHARM. Wonder if it got it's powers from Yuyu's old CHARM.

Can Yuyu and Riri just kiss already, please? Well anyways seems like with each episode the bond between Riri and Yuyu deepens.

The final scene to defeat the huge was a powerful moment on camera, for me at least.

Good episode :)
Nov 6, 2020 7:16 AM

Jan 2014
Honestly got Madoka Homura vibes from this episode, but instead Riri is actually being more caring early on.
Nov 6, 2020 7:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow, these episode felt so fast for me. They actually just wanted to learn the Legion's tactic. But, at the end, they were trapped by the destined plot to show their real power. As expected, Yuyu went into the rampage mode again. However, as expected too, its Riri whos come to helped her out of her nightmare.

No shit. Riri's squad finally could defeat the previous huge Huge that haunted Yuyu's past life. Obviously, my overpower loli could stop her and launched her skill to chill her down a bit. And its succeeded, the result was so powerful until Yuyu became her normal state again. Then, yeah, that pass ball tactic has been successfully landed without any other problems. Thanks to their effort to get a wonderful teamwork. Then, once again, Riri showed to me how powerful she was, even though her CHARM already got broken. But her charm skill never has been lost its shine. So, yeah, they won the battle by taking the whole last attack into the couple of YuRi!

Solid episode with a solid result. I wonder how long the research of that eyeglasses will hold down until she successfully reveal the mystery behind Huge's existence? Well, lets see the next one, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 6, 2020 7:28 AM

Sep 2019
The Yuyu going berserk scene and yuri scenes were great. Riri turned Yuyu back to herself and they defeated the Huge with the power of yuri. I felt like they used a lot of cgi(which I’m not a fan of) in this episode but it was good overall.
Nov 6, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2014
Hitotsuyanagi team did a good job in their first tough mission with performing Neunwelt Tactic on their first try. Riri is truly their center. In my opinion, Riri might use Yuyu's Dainsleif as her new CHARM.
And, yes! Kaede your love toward Riri was too strong. But I love it. lol

The origin of Hugh still be in mystery and might affect the whole main plot, but from this episode, we knew that Hugh can use CHARM like Lily.
Maybe the reason that Hugh can use CHARM because it's manmade or it's the transformation of humans who infects with some virus or human who dies from Hugh or something that related to humans.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 6, 2020 7:41 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty sweet episode and I loved their combination attack Neunwelt. That was really cool.
Nov 6, 2020 9:09 AM

Apr 2008
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
So basically they will pull out the Madoka-styled plot where Huge once were Lilies? (same with Madoka that the witches were once magical girls)
Perhaps not. This Huge is the one who killed Misuzu, so it already exist before. Also, they recovered Misuzu’s body, so they know there were injuries caused by Charm’s blade.

It’s probable that the Huge assimilate things they killed, and as Misuzu told Yuyu, they’re similar. Maybe why the Huge can still access the Charm’s core, if it can make itself identified as Misuzu.

By the way, Fumi explained earlier (in Twitter) that the Charm’s Magi crystal core records the battle data from its user and optimise itself. So as long as that part doesn’t get destroyed or lost, Lily wouldn’t get a new one.
They can also switch the Charm type itself by just moving the core. Usually they can change model depending on their own style and the mission they are going to take.
Ah, maybe Moyu, or the Gehenna Enterprise, will try to get that core to analyse the record while it is used by the Huge.
nseikaNov 6, 2020 6:11 PM
Nov 6, 2020 9:31 AM
Feb 2016
This straight up felt like an early RWBY fight at times, albeit with constant stops for character chatter. Plus the character swap to CGI models constantly here.
Nov 6, 2020 10:12 AM
Dec 2018
This show is a must watch when the bluray comes out. The animation is consistence unlike Magia Record. The CGI is noticeable though, but I'm sure that will blend well in Bluray.

Good episode overall.
Nov 6, 2020 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
So many fat thighed Lilys exhausted after a battle on screen. Damn, they should sell that on a tshirt with I was there! Great eps, I was worried at the beginning nothing would really happen like last week but it actually kicked off and got serisouly wild with the new legion showing, albeit unhoned skills! Give us more.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 6, 2020 12:29 PM

Apr 2020
The ending with Riri and Yuyu with fighting the Huge
Nice episode overall 7/10
Nov 6, 2020 12:44 PM

Jun 2015
nseika said:
Adding info from Fumi.

Shizu (Riri's roommate) is also a Lily otaku. (1) How she seems to know a lot about the other Lilies and her information network is fast to catch new updates.

Alfheim is the strongest Legion in Yurigaoka (and top rankers internationally). They're the face of the Yurigaoka Garden and often sent on missions out. Last week they're sent to destroy an S-class Huge Nest in Niigata, an important base for the Huge, and also a dangerous Ultra-class Huge, Fafnir, who controls it. They're doing the demonstration for Hitotsuyanagi Team right after returning, so both themselves and their Charm is still not recovering to top performance.(2 3). Even so, usually that class Huge wouldn't be a problem even if they don't go all out.
To explain their seemingly bad performance against that Huge in this episode.

Even with that handicap, they still stripped off this Huge out of its shield (4), so Hitotsuyanagi Team managed to kill it without the Thorn Princess using shield like during the first attack.

About Shihou's words on how they will need time to get back to action, actually not that long.
Amatsu Marei, a Charm researcher (and also heir to a weapon company like Kaede) is also helping with the repair (5)

Ena (the lilac haired girl feeding cake to Moyu) are friends from the Assault Lily Arms novel.

Hi, sorry for the double post, but I have went through all the translations of twitter posts you link in your post and apart from explaining the failure of the first group of lilys taking down the main monster due to fatigue, which if Im being fair explains why they couldn't do it and our girls needed to step up, theres a lot of extra information which does not seem relevant.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 6, 2020 1:07 PM

Mar 2019
Ok, someone explain to me how this show has such a low score when it's been pumping out super solid episodes since the beginning of the season?
Seriously, that heart to heart between Riri and Yuyu was fucking amazing, and overall another really good episode. Yuyu, like last time, is finally slowly opening up to Riri, and that's just amazing.
Nov 6, 2020 1:21 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty good episode.

Their legion had been accepted and they already had to fight against a Huge. Ironically that happened to be the Huge who killed Yuyu's former partner. The sequence of Yuyu absolutely flipping was amazing to watch visually.

Surprised they managed to pull off that neunwelt tactic while a previous team failed in doing so.

Not enough thigh shots this episode though!
Nov 6, 2020 1:34 PM

Feb 2014
The Hitotsuyanagi squad got off to a rather successful start. Since their squad is still new and inexperienced fighting together, they were shown a demonstration by the much more experienced Alfheim squad on how to use the neunwalt tactic against the Huge.

However, the tactic failed against the particular Huge in question, who was the one who killed Yuyu's partner, Misuzu, in the past, which made Yuyu lose her cool. Riri did well to step in to take Yuyu away from the battle for an impressive scene between the two of them =)

After that, everyone in the squad was able to use the neunwalt tactic almost flawlessly and was able to defeat the Huge. The fight itself had a lot more usage of CGI compared to past fights, but the changes between 2D and CGI was pretty good and consistent. A rather splendid job, overall. ^_^

What this episode did lack was a lot of thigh shots, but I have faith that the next episode will make up for that. XD
Nov 6, 2020 2:49 PM

Apr 2008
Roch2001 said:
Hi, sorry for the double post, but I have went through all the translations of twitter posts you link in your post and apart from explaining the failure of the first group of lilys taking down the main monster due to fatigue, which if Im being fair explains why they couldn't do it and our girls needed to step up, theres a lot of extra information which does not seem relevant.
Those are from the after airing explanations, rather than being picked for relevance. :D
Might missed some tweets though.

That hasn't include the pre-airing explanation about Lily's contracts with their Magi crystal.

The gist of that one is, the important part is the crystal core. Charm's body can be heavily damaged or destroyed, but those can be replaced. Lilies can also use different type of Charm depending on their mission.
Also the fact that the cores also act as battle data recorder.
Lily can only make contract with one core (other than those with Circlet of Breath skill, perhaps) and they don't contract new cores unless the one they're using is heavily damaged or lost.

Seeing how the official channel doesn't hold back from throwing information, they probably assume audience already know it from other sources too.
nseikaNov 7, 2020 4:31 PM
Nov 6, 2020 5:17 PM

Feb 2017
The tone of this show really feels all over the place. One moment we’re exploring Yuyu’s deep personal trauma and the next we’re having some comedic chatter with Fumi. Really not sure what direction they’re going for there — it seems like they’re building up to something dark but then 90% of the show is incredibly light CGDCT and it shifts without warning.

Seems like they’ve decided to continue focusing hard on Yuyu and Riri at the expense of most of the legion feeling like cardboard cutouts — fair enough, although I really have to question the purpose of this many characters if they’re just going to stand around and look pretty.
Nov 6, 2020 5:41 PM

Jun 2017
Hopefully Yuyu is not gonna break down every time she uses lunatic trancer...... It doesn't even seem like Riri had a super hard time getting her out of it. I really hope she will use her old weapon after all the trouble they went through to recover it, it looks badass.
Nov 6, 2020 6:03 PM
Jan 2017
This episode wasn't bad by any means, I just think that it moved a bit too quick for me. Yuyu suddenly begins to move past her grief over Misuzu's death because Riri suddenly talks to her? I guess you can chalk this up to the power of love, but in my opinon, this particular plotline could have been stretched for a few more episodes. That said, I did like the fights in this episode, the choreography was beautiful and feattured a good combination of hand-drawn animation and CGI. Also, I'm interested to see how deep the mystery of the Huge runs. Despite a few issues here and there, Assault Lily is still an enjoyable show and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 6, 2020 6:05 PM

Nov 2013
I like the fact that it's not either Yuyu or Riri who pull off that Dansleif so it doesn't fall into cliche and somewhat making the side characters useful. Not to mention all of them working together to defeat the HUGE in this episode. Good episode from this lackluster anime.
DannyTheDonkeyNov 6, 2020 6:28 PM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 6, 2020 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
HeroVladimir93 said:
This episode wasn't bad by any means, I just think that it moved a bit too quick for me. Yuyu suddenly begins to move past her grief over Misuzu's death because Riri suddenly talks to her? I guess you can chalk this up to the power of love, but in my opinon, this particular plotline could have been stretched for a few more episodes. .
"shrug" it's typically the whole power of love or talk no Jujutsu but they already did it at the end of her arc a few weeks ago and since they dropped Riri's rare skill i just figured anytime she goes berserk only Riri can talk her down , if the show didn't have dozen's of characters i'd wish for them to spend more time on building this trauma but again her arc was done in like 2 episodes.

overall good episodes show still looks great still not sure if it will actually get that much darker seems like at it's heart it's about the thighs and CGDCT with some action but were only half way done
Nov 6, 2020 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
I loved this episode as there were times when characters acted in the way they are supposed to act.

I think this show's overall plot isn't to defeat the HUGE overlord but to bring back the HUGE to their lily stages or their simpler stage. The HUGE are part of growing complications that a person faces while aging. Therefore, lilies are simpler girls who can be simple enough to make decisions yet remaining unaffected by other factors like hatred or compassion.

I was kind of happy that the legion is working and complete, and there is a long way forward, but there isn't a lengthy plot SHAFT can pull-off from this premise.
Nov 6, 2020 10:12 PM
Dec 2018
anstar019 said:

I was kind of happy that the legion is working and complete, and there is a long way forward, but there isn't a lengthy plot SHAFT can pull-off from this premise.

If a show like Symphogear can go for like 5 seasons, I'm sure Assault Lily can do it too. The show sits just below 'Kamisama ni Natta Hi' at #2 on Anikore, so as long as it is received well, we might see more seasons, regardless of anything (Shaft needs to make money lol).
Nov 6, 2020 11:12 PM

Apr 2019
this is painful to watch shaft... time to drop

Nov 6, 2020 11:12 PM

Apr 2008
League of Gardens

Not just Yurigaoka, the stage plays cover story from 5 other Gardens too.

It’s already a mixed media project. There’s also game version coming.
Nov 7, 2020 12:04 AM

Oct 2007
this is already my top anime of this season, along with Fruit Tart. I'm fully entertained. :3

just gathering funds.. then will order something.. will show on next episode threads the item.
Nov 7, 2020 5:56 AM

Jun 2016
im impressed with this anime ED&OP song !!

very matched up and cool !
Nov 7, 2020 8:27 AM
Apr 2020
False_Mirror said:
Liddo-kun said:

i mean isnt it 1 week?
Nov 7, 2020 10:52 PM

Oct 2016
Another great episode, let's go Hitotsuyanagi squad it's finally official. I love every members and looks like there's a new member joining next episode. But, from the posts I've seen here there's no episode next week, soooo fuck.

Hopefully Yuyu has finally completely gotten over her trauma or is in the process of completely getting over it.

CG was definitely noticeable this episode but, I honestly think it wasn't bad at all. They used it pretty well.

Riri looked so adorable in the intro scene though.
sKyBlazer08Nov 7, 2020 10:58 PM
Nov 8, 2020 2:56 AM

Apr 2020
Back to a serious episode. The reason that I somehow loved Assault Lily is its action because they can make some good fight scenes. And the squad's fight against the Huge was commendable.

We got a Yuyu and Riri scene once again. Even though it's kinda cliche, they're so cute together and Riri almost went for a kiss. My love to this show has been restored once again!

Also this is my first time posting pictures in MAL, here are some screenshots of the squad!

And extra shots from our main ship.

Nov 8, 2020 12:40 PM

Aug 2020
those CG character models ಠ_ಠ
:)
Nov 8, 2020 6:04 PM

May 2020
Huges are getting stronger while at the same time we continue discovering new things about them.

Riri saved Yuyu from lunatic trancer again. I feel like later in the show a combination between their two rare skills is about to be the strongest attack but we may lose both (we have hate from Yuyu and love (?) from Riri) . One thing I have clearly is that we may have a "good" ending but not an "happy" ending.

Animation was sick.
Nov 9, 2020 9:23 AM

Sep 2020
Finally some action.
Until then, this show was like a SoL anime. Not that I don't like SoL, but there's "Action" tagged.

Speaking of which, I enjoy it too.
Cute girls doing cute things.
And cute girls fighting are great.
Nov 10, 2020 5:43 AM

Oct 2018
ItoDoesAnime said:
False_Mirror said:

i mean isnt it 1 week?

I looked at Livechart and it reveals that the new episode is in 2 weeks. But I can't find any news about the delay.

I also check Animax schedule that is currently airing this anime and found out that the new episode for the next week is also delayed.
RiriHitosuyanagiNov 10, 2020 5:57 AM
Forum set made by Nate
Nov 10, 2020 9:41 PM
Apr 2018
They should have named it the Legion of Ga y
Nov 11, 2020 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
one_rhythm said:
They should have named it the Legion of Ga y

Yuri Legion, that's what we need (I almost believed a kiss would happen last episode)
Nov 12, 2020 1:51 PM

Apr 2020
Riri's first legion mission went well, although Yuyu got out of control luckily Riri brought him back
Nov 13, 2020 6:23 AM

Oct 2008
fantastic episode! but i think their Legion/Squad is a bit too strong! all of these girls are damn capable and has it's own strengths!
5/5.

Nov 14, 2020 3:18 PM

May 2017
In my opinion, this show has just the right balance between slice of life and action. I thought the action in this episode looked really good too though the CGI was a bit noticeable in some of the scenes. The plot is also to my liking. If Symphogear is similar to this show like commenters have been saying, I would probably like that one as well.

I'm surprised nobody posted a screenshot of the Riri panty shot at 8:52. (I would post it here but I don't know how.)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2020

92 by Kira9204 »»
Jun 2, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

73 by Nanashi »»
Feb 5, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

46 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

53 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

53 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.