Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2020 11:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lot of explanations during this episode but it was necessary, so the Victor they were fighting was a puppet controlled by his sub-brain, that's interesting, and according to the end it seems like we'll have more action for the next episode, Avi Cobo looks scary.
Jul 23, 2020 11:18 AM

Jan 2014
I really loved today's episode.

Kept me on the edge of my seat through out, curious to see how Juzo will survive considering the state of him currently lol.

It was also nice to see more into Mary's background.
Jul 23, 2020 11:22 AM

Aug 2012
Lmao, Mary's bra that shoots rockets reminded me of Austin Powers Fembots with the bra machinegun.
Jul 23, 2020 11:33 AM

Feb 2019
Damn too bad this drops at the same time as Oregairu, kinda gets overshadowed.

So, it’s good to know that Viktor isn’t actually evil and is in fact still alive and kicking. That flashback scene on the battlefield was nightmare fuel, the way that thing looked when it turned its head.. yikes

Boob rockets? They giving my girl Mary a lot of love this season and I’m here for it. Still can’t get over her twerking in the ED lmao.

Now that we’ve got more of an idea what’s going on, we have to deal with this Avi cobo dude. Can’t wait for next episode.

Also, anyone know when Chaos Drifters drops?? I need that song ASAP.
Jul 23, 2020 11:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Marinate1016 said:
Damn too bad this drops at the same time as Oregairu, kinda gets overshadowed.

So, it’s good to know that Viktor isn’t actually evil and is in fact still alive and kicking. That flashback scene on the battlefield was nightmare fuel, the way that thing looked when it turned its head.. yikes

Boob rockets? They giving my girl Mary a lot of love this season and I’m here for it. Still can’t get over her twerking in the ED lmao.

I know, right? That twerk conflicts me greatly. On one hand, it's totally OOC for a serious character like hers but on the other hand it's damn hawt. And that oppai rocketto was a wonderful homage to Aphrodite in Mazinger Z, lol.

This season with Mary featuring in an extended role has been pretty interesting so far.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 23, 2020 12:07 PM

Oct 2019
Really solid episode, fight with Victor's shadow(?) was really sick. We once again see Juzo's massive fucking firepower when there's someone to pull the trigger. Also Juzo: PLEASE STOP LOSING YOUR FUCKING ARMS, YOU HAVE NONE LEFT!
Jul 23, 2020 12:37 PM

Sep 2008
Boob rockets? Guess I'm a little confused. Is Mary also an Extended or was that just a device of some sort she had on hand in case she was in any sort of danger?
Jul 23, 2020 2:17 PM

Oct 2019
This episode felt like a return to form from last season! Really enjoyed it!
Jul 23, 2020 2:49 PM
Jul 2019
So, we now know who Victor really is, not Juzo's enemy.

WTF Mary has boob rockets, does that means that she is also an extend???

Jul 23, 2020 3:35 PM

Jul 2017
Mary's past with her brother Victor, but it seems that he has surfaced in 2 ways: the subconscious parallel Victor who is working with the terrorists to rid of Extendeds, and the sub-brain, which is Lefty, trying to make Extendeds for a better world.

Going up against Victor's Dismantler shadow with only one arm is suicide, but Juzo and Mary with her "boob rockets" (what the LOLs) made it out alive, despite recurring damage to Juzo's internal parts against Victor's attacks.

The good Victor working to improve humanity, but with war-ravaging memories, and what's left is Lefty, but the true purpose of it still lingers.

A solid episode that is more expository than usual, yet balances with action. Nice.
KANLen09Jul 23, 2020 7:01 PM
Jul 23, 2020 4:58 PM

Sep 2017
ggultra2764 said:
Boob rockets? Guess I'm a little confused. Is Mary also an Extended or was that just a device of some sort she had on hand in case she was in any sort of danger?

It was a device. They even did the thing last episode where Juzo noticed that her boobs looked a lot bigger than normal like she had something stuffed in there. Well it turns out she was wearing a "bra" which had rockets on the tits lol.
Jul 23, 2020 10:23 PM
Mar 2015
Victor has been parted out
Jul 24, 2020 7:30 AM
Dec 2015
Victors story with the sub brain is pretty interesting. I like how things are unfolding here
Jul 24, 2020 7:49 AM

Mar 2010
Well the mention of that boy made me remember why I dislike the first season lol. So there are two victors. Hope good victor survives but I think removing the sub brain may kill him.Abi cobo(not going to bother remembering this guys name) is such a rat. Hiding and then sneak attacking juzo.
StardewJul 24, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 24, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
Loved this episode. Juzo keeps fighting no matter how hurt he gets, much respect to him for that. Seeing flashbacks of the war really gave more depth to the story.
Jul 24, 2020 12:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hmm, i knew something weird that left hand robot which was always helped Juzoo and Mary must related to the story. So, there it was, the confusing story by Victor, revealing how fuck up the extended technology. I must thanks to Juuzo that actually helped summarized the whole flashback story Victor told to them. Because, yeah, i was confusing af with Victor's story telling method.

Everything gone into zero again. Additional information just taking the whole Victor's problem into the new stage. Atleast Mary had much screened time, here, considering her contribution to blew head of Victor's doll, and with that oppai rocket. Okay!

Other than that, it just a completed messed up, knowing the fact that the additional brain could control their own brain. Then, with that happened in the end. Damn, everything gonna be dirty in the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 24, 2020 2:26 PM
Jul 2020
Dude... this second season just went from "meh" to "subarashi" in one episode... i'm surpresed and happy about it!
Jul 24, 2020 4:09 PM

Jun 2019
A bit of an info dump episode but one that was needed. It was a cool back story and the battlefield scene was well done. I really felt like i was there, even if only for a few minutes. I've really liked the comic book style drawing on Victor and Marys face so far this season. Very classic and not the usual 'quick' and 'plain' style of most anime.The boob cannons we're a bit to fan service-y, for me, but hey it was a good way to get out of that situation

So far this second season hasn't been as good as the first one but this episode has brought it up a notch. The battlefield scene, the 'gun head' moment and the lore really gave me hope for the rest of the season.

A silly question but didn't Juzo say in the first season that he couldn't remember his service in the war? If that is the case how can he remember Victor?

Eh well. Greetings from a relatively new anime fan.
Jul 24, 2020 7:27 PM

Oct 2019
cara_shanks said:

A silly question but didn't Juzo say in the first season that he couldn't remember his service in the war? If that is the case how can he remember Victor?

I mean we get flashbacks of his past pretty frequently, I believe what he said was he doesn't remember *before* the war. I think it was stated Juzo has no memories before becoming an Extended.
Jul 24, 2020 10:54 PM

Mar 2009
Thankful for Mary taking an extended role this season.

...pun intended, I guess.
Jul 24, 2020 11:14 PM

Jun 2013
Mary's boob bombs were the best!

The animated version is better than the manga although the manga has this dark, noir charm to it.

Glad that they were finally able to communicate with Victor.
臭い-
Jul 25, 2020 12:15 AM

Oct 2017
This was a great episode. So the real Victor is still alive and his sub brain took control over his body. This was unexpected but everything makes sense now.

Lol Mary's boob rocket was funny but it did the job and damn Mary looked so cool after firing Juzo's gun.This scene was dope.
Jul 25, 2020 5:47 AM

Jul 2016
MrAwesome2018 said:
Lmao, Mary's bra that shoots rockets reminded me of Austin Powers Fembots with the bra machinegun.

I spat my beer out when I saw her shoot those rocket boobs
Jul 26, 2020 2:01 AM
Apr 2020
Mary's boob rockets are so funny, and she used Juzo's head gun! So, Victor's parallel sub-brain is the enemy, and that eavesdropping officer is kinda problematic!

Jul 26, 2020 9:50 PM

Apr 2018
Interesting fight, once again we see Juzo gun head being used. So the extent that they were fighting is not Victor but Victor's puppet that is controlled by his sub brain during the experiment which is interesting. Avi looking to kill both Mary and Juzo to stop their plans on taking out Victor's sub brain.
Jul 28, 2020 5:23 AM

Jan 2019
Next episode catches up with the currently translated manga chapters, strange. This is the first time ive seen this happen :/
Jul 30, 2020 5:48 PM

Oct 2019
mrboko1234 said:
Next episode catches up with the currently translated manga chapters, strange. This is the first time ive seen this happen :/

Not exactly, manga is translated up to volume 6 right now, which the anime should catch up to in about 3-4 more episodes.
Aug 1, 2020 11:05 AM

Jul 2008
Well we got the info dump episode, and now we pretty much know where the main story is going.

Drama between killing or not killing super Victor
Aug 6, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting episode with a lot of info.

Mary looked cool when fired Juuzou's gun. Tho what's with the boob rockets. That was funny.

Aug 6, 2020 11:00 PM

Jul 2016
I knew Mary had something hidden in her chest but that oppai rocketto~ caught me off guard in such a way xD

Kinda heavy in terms of exposition but still, interesting episode overall.
So the Victor they killed wasn't exactly Victor in the end... well, something like that. It results that his experiment of wanting to control Extended from afar ended up with his sub-brain taking control of this creepy ass "puppet" and joining Splitzbergen in order to kill all Extended as a way of redemption... yeah, kinda confusing but I think I understood the most important aspects.

Anyways, now with his body being in such deplorable state and this Avi Cobo dude being a real pain in the ass, I wonder how Juuzou and Mary will manage to find the real Victor.
Sep 19, 2020 8:25 AM
Oct 2019
Man, now Juzo has no arms? This poor guy. Seriously.

This whole dual sub-brains, taken over by his sub-brain, shadow-self, puppets stuff is a bit confusing. I understand the general claim they're making, but the "science" behind it in the No Guns Life universe is a bit beyond me, I guess.

That dude at the end, seems like a bit of a toolbag. If they all want to put a stop to the puppet master guy, shouldn't they work together? You'd think, but that unit just does whatever tf they want...
Nov 5, 2020 3:27 PM

Aug 2017
Kinda unnecessarily complicated Victors story with the sub brain. I would like a cliché but less complicated version.

Mary helping Juzo in his fight was cool!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 29, 2020 6:18 PM

Apr 2016
Wait, two Victors? Plot twists.

Ngl half of what Victor explained made no sense to me. I hope some more light is shed on the situation.
Feb 9, 2021 9:56 AM

Jul 2015
Mary's boobs were quite the explosion to see. Seems like everything is slowly coming together ( except Juuzo who now has lost both arms) with Victor at the center .

Aug 31, 2022 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
That was a pretty boring episode somehow, but I guess we learned that sub-brains can be quite dangerous to the host.
Mar 3, 6:46 PM
Jun 2013
I knew mary had something hidden in her chest but boob rockets was not what was I expecting. So evil vic has control over his body and im guessing the good side is buried deep in that body and can only talk at certain moments.
Mar 30, 5:55 PM
Dec 2023
season 2 is FINALLY picking up after 2 mid episodes. Thank god I was so ready to drop this show

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

50 by souledge94 »»
Mar 25, 5:12 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

40 by souledge94 »»
Mar 24, 3:38 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2020

32 by souledge94 »»
Mar 23, 4:34 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2020

28 by souledge94 »»
Mar 22, 5:46 AM

Poll: » No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

29 by souledge94 »»
Mar 17, 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.