Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2020 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the undead....the problem looked ugly.

Idk how to feel about that Kurt guy. These one time characters are usually here for the plot anyways. Elize has an important role this episode thanks to her talent. Louise is pretty much a comic relief again this episode lol
Jun 4, 2020 6:32 AM

Feb 2019
Phew man, when kurt finds out they want Well installed as the ruler of the land there’s gonna be a war to breakout. I really don’t think this is going to end well. He already feels jealous of his little brother and how his reputation has grown so much, how he’s loved by the villagers and now for him to have his land taken... it’s gonna be a bad ending for sure

Another solid episode, glad the undead finally got to be at peace. Well’s sister-in-law is also really pretty.
Jun 4, 2020 7:30 AM

Mar 2019
Purifying undead, nothing much happened
Boring episode
Jun 4, 2020 7:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The part with the undead was actually a good action moment but last part had too much dialogues for nothing unfortunately, if they had done a full action episode with the undead it would be good
Jun 4, 2020 7:58 AM

Apr 2009
The oldest brother was a biohazard toxic then as a poor noble, now that you unintentionally make him into useless one too, he'll go critical mass and go radioactive next! At least the second older brother seems to be OK so far.

Well this is new, brain dead zombies that are smart enough to know when they're being insulted! LOL Marlene's grandfather turned lich could have been an epic fight, a missed oppurtunity!

The King wants him to take over his ancestral feudal land? Is Duke Bleichröder part of this plot too?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 4, 2020 8:22 AM

Apr 2020
If the King wants him to take over, can't he have ordered it himself? No noble can defy the crown. Unless the king thinks Well can take over peacefully to allow Kurt and his family to save face?

Kurt's wife and children don't seem bad. Where is his father though?
Jun 4, 2020 8:28 AM

Mar 2015
More political shenanigans. The King wants him to take over that territory but he won't say so openly so that he can have deniability. Possibly because the other major nobles might feel threatened if the king openly meddles in the succession of nobles.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jun 4, 2020 8:44 AM

Jan 2014
At least we're finally covering the family feud unlike before.
Jun 4, 2020 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
I'm interested in how the family feud concludes.

Not a bad episode overall.

Jun 4, 2020 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
Thought something like this might happen but I wonder what's the point of Well inheriting these lands. Maybe there's something of value hidden here that we don't know of yet.

Anyway there's a chance of Kurt dying cause of this conflict but I hope his wife and two children are fine after this conflict is over.
Jun 4, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2018
Man somethings up with that King and Brantag says that the mead in Well's homeland was superb and yet he doesn't drink a single drop.
Jun 4, 2020 12:56 PM

Jun 2019
Very fast progress. *season 2 Well king of the world*
Jun 4, 2020 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
Kurt is so hateable lmao.

Both sisters-in-law are better than what Well has in his harem xD. Of course, except for Elise and maybe the hungry girl who's pretty cute.

This episode was kinda weird in the sense that everyone was acting suspiciously (Especially Brantag) and it looked like something bad against Well was coming, but in the end it doesn't seem that bad.

The grandfather's purification scene was nice.
Jun 4, 2020 1:18 PM
Feb 2020
In LN Kurt wife become well concubine
Jun 4, 2020 1:24 PM

Jan 2009
not bad episode, at least we got one or two politic scenes.
some extra info below:

@Stark700 that's a problem with this anime when they skip stuff all over the place, kurt and village head are well established characters by this time in ln.
kurt is stupid, rush, impatient, jealous, entitled heir to poor knight family. village head as cunning old men, who tried to convince all of kurts brothers to steal his position as head (he is convinced that kurt is bad pick for head).
also kurt's wife is established as good looking, loving and smart woman, also she is one of rare characters who had good relationship with MC before he left home (she get "special job" later but we will never see it in anime).
second brother has role as spare if kurt died, but since kurt now have male successor, he got pushed into village head family where only female's were left, after failed expedition.
Brantag like to drink a lot, but this is one instance where he is serous about his job/mission.

info on why they wish for MC to inherit head position. kingdom have no more room to expand beside two plots of land. one plot of land was freed after they killed that green dragon on kingdoms order. and last plot of land is wilderness of his family.
but his family is weak, poor and severely lacking man power, and in last hundred years they reclaimed area of few farming fields. what's is joke when you consider that there is country size unexplored area filed with monsters before their nose. (smart, rich, baron, high mage, a lot of connections) vs (poor, rebellious, weak, knight)
jack4sJun 4, 2020 1:29 PM
Jun 4, 2020 1:25 PM

Nov 2018
It seems like Kurt doesn't like how much recognition that Well is getting. Well's good reputation makes the villagers like him a lot which Kurt doesn't like either. Also, it seems that the palace wants Well to take over this land that Kurt is currently the heir to so this is gonna turn into a family feud for sure and it probably won't end well at all.

Elise played an important role as usual in this episode by purifying the undead which was a good moment. The thing with this episode is that there was too much dialogue towards the end and nothing much happened at all in this episode. We did get to meet Well's sister-in-law who is kind of hot not gonna lie.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jun 4, 2020 1:35 PM

Aug 2019
Eagerly waiting for Kurt to die so Wendelin can finally bang Amalie
Jun 4, 2020 1:46 PM
Jan 2017
Watching this show every week feels like a chore more than anything. The 8th son? Are you kidding me? has been falling apart with each passing episode and this episode is where things finally hit rock bottom. Just when you think Well already has enough privileges, the chance for Well to become lord of his own land presents itself, and really, it would be more surprising if this didn't come to pass. The story is pulling all the stops to get Well into a position of high power in the kingdom's hierarchy and considering this is an isekai anime with an OP protagonist, this shouldn't come off as a surprise.

The 8th son? Are you kidding me? isn't actually a bad show, it's just mediocre, but sometimes mediocrity can be worse than outright badness. Why? Badness inspires action, while mediocrity inspires conformity. It would have been nice if this show had tried to become more than just what the isekai norm dictates, but all these recent developments don't speak well for the show's longevity.
Jun 4, 2020 1:56 PM
Nov 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Phew man, when kurt finds out they want Well installed as the ruler of the land there’s gonna be a war to breakout. I really don’t think this is going to end well. He already feels jealous of his little brother and how his reputation has grown so much, how he’s loved by the villagers and now for him to have his land taken... it’s gonna be a bad ending for sure

Another solid episode, glad the undead finally got to be at peace. Well’s sister-in-law is also really pretty.

And I can’t wait til Well gets him some of that milf but I had forgotten she had two kids so that will be odd at first since there only like 7 years apart
Jun 4, 2020 1:56 PM

Jul 2017
If anything, this episode just goes to show how much one of Shingo's "brothers" Kurt is an asshole when it comes to jealousy and the difference between him and the others in light of knowing his status against the other brothers in the Baumeister family. Remember, NOT everyone likes Shingo and his sudden rise to knightdom.

Talking about the undead and purification though, welp...if that's a thing that something out of the norm ever existed in an Isekai. Regardless, all went well, which is probably a good thing (damn that got resolved quick).

The delusional Kurt vs. the action-ready Wendelin. Not to mention Shingo's own opposers in the kingdom, things may be going well for now, but this happy time won't last.

And to think the people of Kurt's land are ready to revolt against him, it's for certain that Shingo will be the best candidate, both at a kingdom standpoint and from the people. Really, he should IMO take up the offer to release them from Kurt's oppression.

I've probably realized too late to enjoy this on a not-so-serious landscape, then this show can be classified as "fine". But as it stands, it's not going well.

A fine episode though...
Jun 4, 2020 1:57 PM

Dec 2016
In my opinion this show shine when they don't need to focus on animation but just on talking.

All these intrigues show that the source material has quite a lot of potential and this adaptation is not the best. I will have to look into manga/LN after anime finish airing.

Anyone know how manga (if there is) stands compared to LN?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 4, 2020 2:00 PM
Nov 2017
Top_Sergeant said:
More political shenanigans. The King wants him to take over that territory but he won't say so openly so that he can have deniability. Possibly because the other major nobles might feel threatened if the king openly meddles in the succession of nobles.
well we still have to figure out who is all standing with Kurt bc that duke had someone with him that was the one spreading that Well was dead bc he wants to be the new commissioner but happy we might get Well with two more harem members in the last few episodes bc you know that Kurt seems dumb and he seems to be plotting something else that Brantag seems to figure out
Jun 4, 2020 2:12 PM

Dec 2016
HeroVladimir93 said:
Just when you think Well already has enough privileges, the chance for Well to become lord of his own land presents itself, and really, it would be more surprising if this didn't come to pass. The story is pulling all the stops to get Well into a position of high power in the kingdom's hierarchy and considering this is an isekai anime with an OP protagonist, this shouldn't come off as a surprise.

I mean at least there is logic behind all of his privileges and not just for being "Awesome OP protagonist".
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Jun 4, 2020 2:23 PM

Dec 2015
Suddenly some huge block of iron :D
Jun 4, 2020 2:23 PM

Dec 2016
jack4s said:
not bad episode, at least we got one or two politic scenes.
some extra info below:

@Stark700 that's a problem with this anime when they skip stuff all over the place, kurt and village head are well established characters by this time in ln.
kurt is stupid, rush, impatient, jealous, entitled heir to poor knight family. village head as cunning old men, who tried to convince all of kurts brothers to steal his position as head (he is convinced that kurt is bad pick for head).
also kurt's wife is established as good looking, loving and smart woman, also she is one of rare characters who had good relationship with MC before he left home (she get "special job" later but we will never see it in anime).
second brother has role as spare if kurt died, but since kurt now have male successor, he got pushed into village head family where only female's were left, after failed expedition.
Brantag like to drink a lot, but this is one instance where he is serous about his job/mission.

info on why they wish for MC to inherit head position. kingdom have no more room to expand beside two plots of land. one plot of land was freed after they killed that green dragon on kingdoms order. and last plot of land is wilderness of his family.
but his family is weak, poor and severely lacking man power, and in last hundred years they reclaimed area of few farming fields. what's is joke when you consider that there is country size unexplored area filed with monsters before their nose. (smart, rich, baron, high mage, a lot of connections) vs (poor, rebellious, weak, knight)

Honest question:

also is manga good alternative for LN?

Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Jun 4, 2020 2:53 PM
Jan 2017
Nieznajomy43 said:
HeroVladimir93 said:
Just when you think Well already has enough privileges, the chance for Well to become lord of his own land presents itself, and really, it would be more surprising if this didn't come to pass. The story is pulling all the stops to get Well into a position of high power in the kingdom's hierarchy and considering this is an isekai anime with an OP protagonist, this shouldn't come off as a surprise.

I mean at least there is logic behind all of his privileges and not just for being "Awesome OP protagonist".

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that the show is giving Well powers and privileges like there's no tomorrow.
Jun 4, 2020 3:55 PM

Jan 2020
Things got pretty dicey
Jun 4, 2020 9:58 PM

Oct 2017
I really like the political parts, I'm curious to know how this plot of the heir will unfold.
Jun 5, 2020 1:20 AM

Mar 2014
You know stuff is going down when Brantag refuses a drink
Jun 5, 2020 4:41 AM

Jan 2009
@Nieznajomy43 I like to hint stuff and add some extra info, so I try to avoid big spoilers, more info below about your questions in spoilers.
manga is so-so alternative, for example I was surprised how much they skipped his life before adventurer school. so more info but nowhere the same as wn/ln. also manga is currently at same location where this anime will end, but even translated part of ln is few whole arc's forward.
this is slice of life, politic novel with some action ( this is not classic shonen isekai harem).

jack4sJun 5, 2020 4:47 AM
Jun 5, 2020 7:13 AM
Nov 2017
jack4s said:
@Nieznajomy43 I like to hint stuff and add some extra info, so I try to avoid big spoilers, more info below about your questions in spoilers.
manga is so-so alternative, for example I was surprised how much they skipped his life before adventurer school. so more info but nowhere the same as wn/ln. also manga is currently at same location where this anime will end, but even translated part of ln is few whole arc's forward.
this is slice of life, politic novel with some action ( this is not classic shonen isekai harem).

I was hoping that, the anime would cover at least until his sister in law becomes his lover. Bt, unfortunately it might not happen.
Jun 5, 2020 5:02 PM

Jun 2015
Oh oh oh, Kurt is not going to be happy. Perhaps he can placate him with one of the many mansions he owns. Oh, and keep his wife and kids for his harem and family. They seem nice. I'm sure Kurt will love the city.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 6, 2020 6:30 PM

Apr 2015
Finally a good episode! The last 3 or 4 episodes were a huge mess imo. I like the pace of this one. And the CG was not that bad compared to what we had seen so far. I'm interested to know more about how politics will affect Well's future.
Jun 7, 2020 11:14 PM

Mar 2017
This episode is nice, compared to the last one. Tbh, if they didn't rush things too much this will be a good anime, some nice political in here. Think I'll check the Light Novel.
Also, Amalie is HAWT.
Jun 16, 2020 3:13 PM

Mar 2009
Kayleon said:
Eagerly waiting for Kurt to die so Wendelin can finally bang Amalie

Same here. Waiting for this.
Jun 18, 2020 5:57 PM

Dec 2016

@jack4s
@ANIME_WIZARD420

Where did you read LN? this anime make me interesting in this story enough that I wanted to read full story but I can't find it on official websites like bookwalker.:/
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Jun 19, 2020 10:12 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kurt aniiki really had a huge grudge toward Well. Its understandable as the elder to feared the loss of his own life. A hard decision for Well. How could he had more freedom on his new life? Never. Until the kingdom its self and the hierarchy of it got burned into the hell.

Its interesting part with that story so far. A bit sad to poor people to be conflicted between the noble battle of empowerment. And ofc, the whole Kurt family, especially with his son had so much pressure underwhelmed. Lets see how could Well stand with that kind of situations.

The whole puring zombie no good. Atleast the whole melodrama served better to show another side of the story this show had. Nice directing for this mediocre show.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 20, 2020 2:50 AM

Jan 2015
LOL, i knew Undead subjugation would be short, it only took half of 25 page chapter to finish it, but i have one question... Why were they the center point of the opening? Making you think that it's something to look forward to, while it... really isn't.

I don't remember... b-but was the Lich not his relative? His grandpa i think... he told him that he and the family is doing well and then the was purified in piece... Kinda crazy how it's HIS ancestor that got to be a Lich while all other were meager zombies. But yeah, zombies subjugation was extremely easy, given that they had both Elise and Wend who are pros at purifying undead.

Kurt really isn't that big of an asshole tbh, anime just portrays him as a villain while he really just thinks Wend is out there to take everytghing from him, he is acting from a self defense position and really thinks Wend is his enemy, too bad they never resolved the misunderstanindg.

It's so weird seeing Wilma in the episode, given that she never supposed to be in this episode, the whole zombie subjugation was supposed to happen without her, it's so obvious she is out of place, where you really don't recall seeing her do... ANYTHING whatsoever. But then again, you could make the same point for his other companions... not gonna deny, i agree >_>

An okayish adaptation for this episode, other than totally failing to portray Kurt as anything but the villain, you were supposed to see his side of things and possibly argue if he is actually the villain or if he is just acting of self defense.
Jul 16, 2020 12:30 PM
Feb 2018
I understand Kurt being jealous but being cruel to you subjects is just asking for what he fears to come true
Jul 19, 2020 6:15 AM
Feb 2018
sajj2020 said:
In LN Kurt wife become well concubine
do you know where I could get an english version of the LN no on amazon or other usually sitez
Jul 19, 2020 6:18 AM
Feb 2018
Vysarine said:
him not drink worries me I think he sobering up for something bad or very dangerous
Jul 24, 2020 10:12 AM

Jul 2015
Things ain't looking good for Kurt, already being a toxic leader with the whole village against him and now his younger brother Well outshining him with the king wanting Well to take over. Don't think this is going to end well for him, hope Well will make his own decisions instead of following those of others.

Apr 18, 2021 11:54 PM

Sep 2012
if i were Well i would have said behave or i will take ur position, i am not interested in ur position but if ur prick i will take it
Vysarine said:
Paladin23 said:
Vysarine said:
him not drink worries me I think he sobering up for something bad or very dangerous

i think Ringstat is not drinking in that village cause he expects some1 to poison him a caution in a area where its easier for enemy to kill him if caught off guard that way

Paladin23 said:
I understand Kurt being jealous but being cruel to you subjects is just asking for what he fears to come true

so true

the guy is an idiot

RiceKnight59 said:
If the King wants him to take over, can't he have ordered it himself? No noble can defy the crown. Unless the king thinks Well can take over peacefully to allow Kurt and his family to save face?

Kurt's wife and children don't seem bad. Where is his father though?

i guess that kingdom is more democratic and less dictatorship so there is a law that unless he commits crime he can't take away hes position

also this came in to discussion i think in overlord, if he would do something like that other nobles would turn against the king if he can just take it when he seen the guy not fit in hes potion cause other will worry that what if king 1day decides they are not fit for their position, but in overlord it was not about position but still similar situation, i was bit wrong Spoiling bit next EP: its actually next EP discussion of this series mixed thing up, so small spoiler its not worth of spoiler tag

Sugram22Jul 25, 2021 11:22 AM
May 26, 2023 9:54 PM

Dec 2022
That village chief is smart, you could tell he had already figured out the King's game when they were told to stay for the funerals.
Oct 3, 2023 8:14 AM

Oct 2022
Very good.... big brother fear is going to become a reality. If he only paid respects to the dead and be more loving to folks in the kingdom. Being a tyrant never works out in the long run.
Jan 12, 9:10 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Gods, the author is such an amateur - how did this even get an adaption

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2020

100 by kurooganeko »»
Oct 19, 6:01 PM

» I take it this will be a heavy "go check manga/LN", it's been jarring to watch.

TheJuiceBox - May 28, 2020

8 by SakurakoMikage »»
Jul 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

76 by TicuuGoBoom »»
Jul 9, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2020

64 by amf85 »»
Apr 1, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.