Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2012 10:19 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This one got pretty powerful. Poor Toki. But I'm still going to enjoy watching his head a'splode.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Jan 10, 2013 6:49 AM

Jun 2008
The guy just lost it basically. Still a good man going all evil like that seems strange especially when he already witnessed a nuclear holocaust.
Jul 17, 2014 9:56 PM

Mar 2012
Yea feel like they could've given us a better reason for him to go from a saint to a devil. Still a pretty good episode and we got to see young Kenshiro for a bit :o Feel pretty bad for Ken having to go through all this :(
Mar 22, 2016 5:17 AM

Jul 2008
Well now Kenshiro actually struggled with Toki.
Feb 14, 2018 7:02 PM

Oct 2012
Toki couldn't become a bad guy that easily.. right?
I mean that shouldn't the first time he see Bandits killing people he saved

I mean the dad is practically saved by Kenshiro only for him to jump into Toki's hand again.. willingly..

I guess it's Kenshiro's job to straightened his brothers
"Signature removed"
Feb 16, 2018 4:22 PM

Nov 2016
Yet again the manga was crueler than the anime,there are also some other differences.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 24, 2019 4:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So toki really became evil.
Next episode is Kenshirô vs Toki
Toki is already dead.
Dec 24, 2019 1:40 AM

Jul 2015
Toki couldn't handle the fast changing world with its cruelty, pretty sad, if Kenshiro was with him he could have probably stopped him from turning into a madman

Mar 21, 2020 5:05 PM

Mar 2017
Nice to see someone give Kenshiro a bit of a challenge. Though we knew he's already dead xD

Avenger-senpai said:
Yea feel like they could've given us a better reason for him to go from a saint to a devil.

Fully agree with this. I thought Toki's back story was pretty lame tbh.
Jan 18, 2022 3:05 PM

Apr 2020
I like it when the villains hold their hands in front of Lynn’s mouth. It reduces the amount of “Keeeeeen”-screams by at least 60%.

Looks like Lynn indeed fell into Toki’s hands, conveniently right on time for Ken to enter the scene. I had a power outage right after Ken stepped into the room and boy, did that produce a cliff-hanger. I was hoping that Toki’s reason for becoming evil, was going to be a bit more complicated than just going mad with rage after a bandit attack. It does not really warrant the complete 180 he did, going from saving people to torturing them to death. You’d think he’d be mentally stronger after all the Hokuto training he’s been through.

Still loved the episode though. Toki seems to be one the first villains that could actually last more than 2 episodes against Ken. But at the pace this show’s going, I doubt it.

The NPC got a second chance at life with his family, but decided to throw it all away in a futile attempt at assassinating Toki. He was already dead.

Oct 9, 2023 8:17 AM
Jul 2023
Toki's motivation is kinda insane. He basically saw his world destroyed twice then decided it was time to terrorize people to expand his abilities and become the North Star's true successor? It's pretty poorly explained and a conplete 180. Hopefully there's more to it than that.

On another note, I wonder if we're going to see the brutality of the fist of the north star's creation. It's basically acupuncture so there's the base, but acupuncture doesn't make people explode. There had to be some similar experimentation 2000 years ago to what Toki is doing now.
Jun 15, 4:25 AM

Jan 2018
That couple basically signed their own death sentence when they went to Toki to cure their son. Too bad their community was ignorant about the recent development of the Village of Miracles. Crazy how not one of them knew about Toki being evil when it already reached other villages.

Oh well. I kinda expected Toki's backstory would be something like that. But it's poorly written and there are so many ways they could've explained or expanded upon why Toki turned evil without changing the core of it. The first issue is that Toki should've already been used to death and destruction by now. So in reality, he should've gone mad when the nuclear bombs went off if that's what it takes for him to go mad. If not, maybe make it so the master didn't want Toki to further research about Hokuto Shinken and made it so he got frustrated about the fact. And finally, make it so that Toki saves multiple villages and goes through the same thing every time. Then it'd make more sense why he'd choose violence over being a savior. If his work was going to be destroyed anyway, he might as well become the destroyer himself.

Anyway, Kenshiro saved that poor sob only for him to throw his life away even though he completely knew how dangerous Toki was. That poor kid is going to learn he lost his dad when he wakes up. The guilt is going to be real. Oh, and Lin reunited with Kenshiro in this episode I guess. That kinda sucks.

So, it looks like the final showdown between Toki and Kenshiro will happen in the next episode. Wonder how it'll go.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 109 Discussion

Zell182 - Mar 10, 2010

32 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 107 Discussion

Hokuto_no_Fuzz - Sep 14, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 95 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by passing_through »»
Oct 15, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 105 Discussion

Tempz - Jul 1, 2011

13 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 99 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 7, 2012

14 by IssunWriter993 »»
Sep 10, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.