Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 21, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
Chikenfrieds said:
Yena would be a better male protagonist than Jin himself who is a generic and dense MC anime, I don't understand why they just don't replace him?

Maybe it's just me but he really doesn't come off as generic and dense like your usual MC. Though his looks aren't anything special, he seems well aware of the feelings of the people around him but he hates animals. Yena actually feels more generic, being a slightly altered delinquent girl character.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 21, 2020 5:25 PM

Feb 2019
DuoraDoll said:
Chikenfrieds said:
Yena would be a better male protagonist than Jin himself who is a generic and dense MC anime, I don't understand why they just don't replace him?

Maybe it's just me but he really doesn't come off as generic and dense like your usual MC. Though his looks aren't anything special, he seems well aware of the feelings of the people around him but he hates animals. Yena actually feels more generic, being a slightly altered delinquent girl character.

but she is cute, while he is ugly and bored
Feb 21, 2020 10:36 PM

Jul 2015
Chikenfrieds said:
DuoraDoll said:

Well... I wasn't expecting much of a response... but this is something else... or more like nothing at all but oh well. You have your opinion, I have mine. I think Jin is a lot more fun compared to some other MCs I've seen, and yeah, Yena is indeed cute.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 22, 2020 4:59 AM

Nov 2019
phantomfandom said:
I think Ratel/Honey Badger strength is overrated (not just this anime), but since she join the big wolf pack, that must be the strongest pack in this anime. Though I personally more interest in male wolves than female.

It's anime ofc the honey badger's durability is exaggerated
Feb 22, 2020 11:24 PM

Apr 2015
This would be unbroadcastable in western countries...
Feb 24, 2020 4:53 AM

Aug 2013
Hitomi is hot and it's the first time I realised it.

The honey badger is OP.

Feb 24, 2020 5:35 AM
Nov 2019
I had dropped this - but reading the threads made me pick it back up.

It's quite funny in places.

It'll be so funny if Jin ends up with the naked mole girl....
Feb 24, 2020 1:17 PM
Sep 2012
I really hope it's the last episode of Yena as a starring role.
Feb 24, 2020 3:33 PM

Mar 2017
Yena continues to be the best. With this and Interspecies Reviewers, hopefully this means more hyena characters in future anime. Yena's while ordeal is that hyena female and male roles aren't the same as most other species and with no female hyena role model, Yena doesn't have anything to go by.

Female hyenas are more naturally what we would consider masculine. They are competitive and top of the social order in hyena groups. Their male like genitalia is so that they can't be raped by males as sex with them is difficult. (The fake penis is the birth canal)

So because of the surrounding environment and natural aggressive nature, Yena would identify and have more in common with the males of other species. This is where the identity crisis kicks in because Yena has a view of what is female and what is male that isn't what Hyenas are.

The opposite could happen in a seahorse character in reverse. Since birthing is an as female in almost every other species, a male seahorse would feel more in common with other species females.

In a fantastical setting like this, an angst driven high school identity crisis makes perfect sense and as a way to explain biology and explore things you can't in a human centric show without more backlash than the people who hate Yena.

Yena isn't quite saying that biologically he is male, mostly (I mean that fake penis thing really makes this more complicated.) rather socially acting more like males of other species. Which is ironically very feminine of her in her own species. It is just that Yena's own view of what is masculine and feminine is akin to other species rather than her own.

What really doesn't make sense in all of this is the rest of her family wanting and liking Yena to be more feminine in the way that everyone what does. It wouldn't help their own group to have their best protector and fighter act like that. And she would be their boss as even the highest male is under the weakest female in a hyena group. Perhaps that was too much to deal with in this but their motivations could only make sense as a way to try to undermine her authority. The way they don't try to correct her at all could be because they do see her as in charge anyway.

"Yena says she's a male... Alright well we can't tell her otherwise."

Type of thing.

Ao in summary. In Yena's eyes he is male. In hyena society she is a typical female. In the greater multi animal society it is very up in the air. This anime is kinda but not totally following true animal behaviors and social norms. Really the hyenas by this anime logic should have males and females look the same as beastly with no one being able to tell if one is female. But because cute girls, it kinda defeats the purpose. Even though they do not have permanent mammaries, the hyena from Interspecies Reviewers would be closer to what would make sense but you know... Anime. So...
Feb 25, 2020 1:13 PM

Dec 2014
Focus on the Hyena..nice episode
Feb 26, 2020 5:01 AM

Sep 2019
Man, in other comment sections, and heck, even the cast themselves really liked that one risque scene of Hitomi.

Yet...
I'm goddamn FLACCID.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Feb 26, 2020 4:31 PM
Sep 2007
Yena trying to be more feminine. It almost works. Almost.

Panda finding out about futanari XD
Apparently even females want to lewd Hitomi. Well, who can blame them?

I don't quite get the honey badger girl. She's grateful to Ferryl for saving from bears.. while survving lions' attack without single scratch and feeling pain only after being smashed to the ground by Ferryl. Kore ga itai? Sugoi! Itai no hajimete desu!
Lol at honey badger getting distracted by a bird :D . Sadly, according to Animalogic, relation between honey badger and that bird is just a myth.
korsarzFeb 27, 2020 6:56 AM
Mar 2, 2020 12:09 PM

May 2014
Nieznajomy43 said:
kappasan said:
So at what point will the humans just overpower all of the animals? Overpower of course meaning "tech".

This is the only thing that nags me about the whole series.

I mean, just look out the window. Humans already overpowered all animals. ;)

Yeeeeeeeees.. very good thing to notice. Doesn't help the anime though :(
Mar 2, 2020 12:46 PM
Feb 2020
Yena is a better love interest for Hino than Jin, change my mind.
Mar 5, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
DuoraDoll said:
Chikenfrieds said:

Well... I wasn't expecting much of a response... but this is something else... or more like nothing at all but oh well. You have your opinion, I have mine. I think Jin is a lot more fun compared to some other MCs I've seen, and yeah, Yena is indeed cute.

It doesn't matter how much more fun or charismatic he is. He is a man and losers would rather have the girls flirt with each other than watch them loved by a "much worse" man than them. This is deeply psychological shit, which is pretty embarrassing to admit, so they will always be salty due to male characters.
Mar 6, 2020 4:11 AM

Mar 2009
Big fan of Yena, personally.
Mar 14, 2020 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode!
This new rebel Hitomi...oh boy xD

Poor Lion, and here i thought that he and the gazelle would finally reunite, but no xD Too soon haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 21, 2020 9:43 PM

Oct 2019
I ADORE yena. she is best girl. best boy? best boy.
May 6, 2020 5:37 PM

Dec 2018
I hate yena, dumbest character thus far.
honey badger though is amazing
Jun 29, 2020 6:54 AM

Jul 2015
Kinda wanted the battle of the loli's to happen, Ranka vs the honey badger (which kinda reminded me of Killing Bites)

Lion x Impala subplot at the post-credits is amazing as always, Shiho should have followed her heart and gone for Kin-kun and not that smoothtalking captain

Aug 13, 2020 2:58 PM

Feb 2017
Yena is a million times cuter than Hitomi
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Feb 12, 2021 5:08 PM

Apr 2020
Not as great as before, but I'm still enjoying it. Even though I like Yena as female, but she's more comfortable with her tomboy looks. It's just her pants, why would she wear zebra pants.

I just know now that panda is a carnivore. Meimei is just unbelievable. Love her.

And on the last King got rejected once again. Poor King. He even want to get rid his status as a lion. Stand King x Shiho.
May 5, 2021 3:51 AM

Aug 2018
Fun episode as always, the hyena got her/himself an identity crisis xD

Need more of those Lion x Impala love stories.
May 8, 2021 12:55 AM

May 2020
Good for the Hyena i guess. A fine episode. that scene when hitomi imitates Yena XD

The Ratel definitely stole my attention this episode. Her interaction with Ranka's Sister gang are priceless

Oh King, that words are so smooth tbh. Hoping to see more King x Shiho
โ”โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”“
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”—โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”›
Dec 25, 2022 4:19 PM
Jul 2016
Yena has some T-boy swag.
Feb 12, 2023 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
good message, its okay to be a tomboy 
Apr 22, 2023 2:50 AM

Apr 2013
Delinquent Hitomi was funny... and hot :>
May 8, 2023 11:51 AM

Aug 2019
ranka cutely hiding behind jin and grabbing his hand and jin has gotten oddly used to it :D

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2023 6:54 AM

Oct 2022
Our lion king is finally catching a break for once AAAAAAAAANNNNND it's gone. You have to wonder how much time is going by in each episode since his hair grows back to a full mane practically every day.

I love the impala-lion chapters and how they’ve incorporated them into the after credit scenes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2020

55 by purplemoon_ »»
May 5, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2020

84 by purplemoon_ »»
May 1, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2020

126 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 9, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

162 by Daviljoe193 »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:02 PM

» any hype for this?

Kougeru - Dec 19, 2019

17 by Kougeru »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:44 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.