Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2019 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Did this show just go isekai? LOL. Those are definitely fantasy content you don't normally see in this anime though. I'm going to have to get used to it but given how crazy some episodes get, it doesn't feel too surprising. That new OP song though.

But really, we have a fantasy world with elf girls and quite a different storytelling tone now. Trying to survive in a world of uncertainity is also not easy for Takuya.

Stark700Aug 6, 2019 8:19 AM
Aug 6, 2019 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
The show took an interesting twist. It's now an isekai lol. Anyways, we see Takuya in a new world and from the start an elf. RIP Ailia. I wonder when we will see Yu-no. I think the first we saw her was in the first few episodes when she kissed Takuya. Can't remember what episode.

Aug 6, 2019 8:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I can certainly see why YU-NO waited all the way until now to get its second OP and ED. That was... quite a change of scenery
Aug 6, 2019 9:00 AM
Jan 2018
Everyone did the obvious and compared this to Steins;Gate, I noted in episode 11 similarities to Clannad, and now I'd like to draw your attention to another visual novel series that, despite lacking an anime adaptation, is a major one but took something big from YU-NO - namely the Muv-Luv series. Here's a good overview of Muv-Luv (brief NSFW imagery!): https://youtu.be/bA9emNzpixI

YU-NO and Muv-Luv both start with a generic ecchi or romcom setup, but around halfway there is a huge genre shift + isekai twist. The video does a good job of explaining the emotional power of the final entry in the Muv-Luv series, and I'll leave you to see how YU-NO's isekai arc fares ;-)

(Anime, please don't screw it up)
Aug 6, 2019 9:12 AM
Jun 2013
this 2nd cour blew my mind when it went "isekai". like where the fuck did that come from? either way, that happening made me like this anime a little but more. i love my isekai anime especially where the MC is OP in some sort of way or has like a "cheat"
Aug 6, 2019 9:25 AM
Feb 2009
did Takuya just get isekai'd and finally gets a nice kiss more reason to lewd elf girls lol
Aug 6, 2019 9:58 AM
Jun 2015
too much short dialogue and silent background

i think this episode is where we will have takuya explain his situation when we see silent background. even rewrite can explain what kotarou feel in that situation

if you can't give us great impression to your silent background then at least make mc explain what happen and what he feel in that situation. the studio waste world setting from this series when it get real. poor the vn scenario writer
Aug 6, 2019 10:27 AM

Aug 2018
I really feels like it's a brand new season or even show eh, such a huge change ! Although, lmao Aila, she appears in the opening as the 3rd character (first being Takuya, then Sayless or Yuno, I ain't sure) and she's already 6-feet underground. I'd like to believe she'll ressurect somehow but I doubt.

Anyway, things are getting pretty interesting.
Aug 6, 2019 10:47 AM

May 2017
What a twist lol, I can't wait to buy the VN when it comes on PC
Aug 6, 2019 10:48 AM

Feb 2019
How can she Sayless? She doesn't say anything at all, you can't say less than nothing.

I think the change of venue is just what this show needed to move it along. Heck, it may end up being the best Isekai this season now. It's odd to see a fairly well designed and developed character die within 10 minutes of introduction.

The OP and ED seem to indicate that perhaps there is some sort of revolution going on in the Empire. After the whole anime trope of Takuya yelling the king's name but we can't hear it, and all the masked people in the OP and ED, I have a feeling we have seen them before. With the hair color of the king, I'm already speculating it's Mitsuki or Ayumi. The masked blonde girl could be Mio. We already know the red head is Amanda....which possibly could be Kanna's mother. In that case, either Sayless or the other blonde girl in the ED and OP could be Takuya's mother. Maybe when someone dies in Takuya's world, they get reincarnated in El Grado (sp?)

I'm not exactly sure why she would be able to swallow the water better with him kissing her...
Aug 6, 2019 11:32 AM

Feb 2014
So the anime up until now was just...one big isekai prologue...

Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Aug 6, 2019 12:51 PM

May 2018
Now, it's a full on isekai and just like from the hentai version,Takuya gets to meet Sayless but in the hentai she's Sebes
Aug 6, 2019 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
Man, the rush was real, they skipped through a lot and went on fast-forward instead of slow build-up of their relation... but at the same time they actually managed to fit the impotant things in.. and I kinda liked this episode.

Still, I worry a bit that by skipping the parts where the characters gave in to their emotions or had shown their support to each other and bonding can lessen the impact in the end.

My guess is that the lot of things between this and the next episode would be skipped too, in favor of moving plot forward even faster. And I fear that without careful character building (like with Illia this time) whole YU-NO second arc can't really work well.

Also, his motivation to go this world is different here (saving Kana) than in the game and while I kinda understand where they are going, they are completely shifting the story direction by doing that (probably even changing the very end), and that's not something I'm really fond of.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in the game Takuya used the reflector for his journey into this world (or it had lost all its energy) so why does he still have it here? And why did he even commented that he can't use it else he won't be able to go back to Kanna? Makes really no sense to me.
Aug 6, 2019 5:29 PM

May 2017
Mich666 said:
Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in the game Takuya used the reflector for his journey into this world (or it had lost all its energy) so why does he still have it here? And why did he even commented that he can't use it else he won't be able to go back to Kanna? Makes really no sense to me.

Yeah, he loses it at this point in the game, iirc.

But now he can't use it, cause he needs to get the stone for Kanna, and his last save point is back in his world. So if he uses it now, it will overwrite that one, as it seems that in this anime version, he can only have one save state at a time.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Aug 6, 2019 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
sexyzombieroo said:
But now he can't use it, cause he needs to get the stone for Kanna, and his last save point is back in his world. So if he uses it now, it will overwrite that one, as it seems that in this anime version, he can only have one save state at a time.

I have the feeling we'll have anime original ending then, dunno if that's good or bad thing but ending impact will probably shifts a lot.
Aug 6, 2019 6:15 PM

Aug 2016
As someone who watched the whole gameplay I must say this was just serviceable and decent like the rest of the adaptation but then again, production values in characteres animation and rushing everything is damaging an adaptation that could have improved the already really good game. The 6.41 score so far is justified and fair.

Rocksterrock said:

funny thing, the isekai last 1/3 is usually called the epilogue.
:v
Aug 6, 2019 7:18 PM
Jun 2017
ohh now this series also became an ISEKAI... HAHAHA...

ANYWAYS love this new story as takuya are dealing this time with monsters and other things in this new world...

and now he have met Sayless... hmmm... interesting, lets see what this story will be all about and how that psychite connected to kanna
Aug 6, 2019 7:31 PM

Mar 2008
Yuno is the ancestor of isekai given how the game is 20+ years old.
Aug 6, 2019 11:08 PM

May 2015
Yeah I can see this anime (the VN) has a bit of everything and it might be pioneer in several things. But still that doesn't mean it's good or comparable to the anime who polished time travel/drama/isekai.
The writing of this anime is mediocre. Visuals and animation is high value tho. It's sucks it was wasted in this.
Aug 6, 2019 11:28 PM
Jan 2018
anikevin said:
Yeah I can see this anime (the VN) has a bit of everything and it might be pioneer in several things. But still that doesn't mean it's good or comparable to the anime who polished time travel/drama/isekai.
The writing of this anime is mediocre. Visuals and animation is high value tho. It's sucks it was wasted in this.
The vast majority of writing problems are the anime adaptation's fault. In order to try to adapt a huge VN in only 26 episodes it has taken a lot of shortcuts in characterisation, motivations and plot. Then there's the director's infamous comment:
Hirakawa vowed that the anime "will outdo the game in dirty jokes," that Mio "will be even more tsundere," and that Kanna "will be even more mysterious."
Aug 6, 2019 11:42 PM

May 2015
Laukku said:
anikevin said:

the director's infamous comment:
Hirakawa vowed that the anime "will outdo the game in dirty jokes," that Mio "will be even more tsundere," and that Kanna "will be even more mysterious."

I didn't know about that. Damn, what a motherfucker Hirakawa is.
All of those are exactly the traits of this show that piss me off. The exaggeration is atrocious.
I bet the VN is a 100 times better. Sadly I'm not a VN enthusiast.
Aug 7, 2019 12:43 AM

Jul 2017
So it took almost 3/4 the way for YU-NO to shift towards the isekai portion, the Dela Granto portion to find Kanna (and possibly his parents also).

Other than my thought process that we'll eventually see the mysterious Yuno girl from Mt. Sankaku way back in Episode 1, but for now, it's elf girls Sayless and Ailia, the latter short-lived due to her sickness and the former the Priestess of the land.

Not surprising that the pacing is already out of whack, and some backstory could have been given, but I guess with 9 episodes (plus this one), an anime original ending is probable (don't take my word for it for now).

This sequence of events will be even more confusing than the real world...
KANLen09Aug 7, 2019 12:47 AM
Aug 7, 2019 1:43 AM

Aug 2013
actually excited for next episode as anime watcher xd
Aug 7, 2019 2:51 AM
Jan 2018
papsoshea said:
Lmao omg, this show just went from average to trash. It's like I am watching a completely different show - a twist that completely dismantles the atmosphere and tone. Takuya meets another two waifus, one claiming she was destined to meet him before making out. Big yikes!
Don't speak too soon. It might be more relevant than you think.
Aug 7, 2019 7:51 AM

May 2017
papsoshea said:
Lmao omg, this show just went from average to trash. It's like I am watching a completely different show - a twist that completely dismantles the atmosphere and tone. Takuya meets another two waifus, one claiming she was destined to meet him before making out. Big yikes!

I guarantee you'll be rating this at least an 8 when it's finished.
Aug 7, 2019 8:18 AM
Jan 2018
@ycleped Be careful, being too arrogant could cause him to dislike this show even more. Better to use more objective reasoning than "you'll love it!".
Aug 7, 2019 11:50 AM

Aug 2018
doesn't even feel like the same show now lol
Aug 7, 2019 7:49 PM
Jan 2019
Finally, new arch, new opening and ending. I would never have imagined that this story would have such a dramatic turn in the plot when I first saw the first episode. This anime never ceases to amaze me. From the world of humans, Takuya is now in a completely fantasy world. What new mysteries will you discover in this world? At the moment, the most mysterious is "Mother Nature" and "Melgio."
Maybe the psychite in this world knows him by another name. Something tells me that Ailia's sister, Amanda, is Kanna's mother, that would mean that ... Is she still alive?!

I like Sayless, the priestess, and Takuya already kissed her. How fast! Is there anything that boy can't do well? Hahaha. She is beautiful. I love stolen kisses.

Ps: Despite the situation he is in, Takuya does not lose his good mood, hahaha 😁.
R.I.P Ailia.
Aug 7, 2019 11:39 PM

May 2017
Nine episodes is about what I figured the epilogue would get, so the pacing so far is like how I hoped it would go for a 26 episode anime.

Also, wasn't it "Dela Grante" in the game instead of "Dela Granto?" This has been bugging me for a while now, but my copy of the game isn't starting for me to double check (I know the error, just too lazy to fix it.)
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Aug 7, 2019 11:41 PM
Jan 2018
sexyzombieroo said:
Also, wasn't it "Dela Grante" in the game instead of "Dela Granto?" This has been bugging me for a while now, but my copy of the game isn't starting for me to double check (I know the error, just too lazy to fix it.)
Different translation/transliteration from the fan translation.
Aug 8, 2019 10:05 AM
Mar 2016
It's really expected for this to become isekai. Dela Granto is not obviously Earth. But I did not expect it to be too generic fantasy-world looking. So for me, it's a letdown. I thought it would be like Earth but with different technology and way of living. But I hope my opinions will improve since the world seems to be unique enough. Fantasy with technology is an interesting mix done very few times. And it seems to have redeeming qualities IMO when I watched the OP and ED footage except that flying pokemon that seemed to be interacting with the girl. I hope it would progress well.
crx07Aug 8, 2019 10:08 AM
Aug 8, 2019 8:14 PM

Mar 2009
Suddenly, isekai! Does this mean YU-NO was the first-ever isekai, since the original VN came out 30 years ago or something?
Aug 8, 2019 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
new OP and ED! and this time the artist performer switch places! Konomi Suzuki for OP and Asaka for ED! nice!
so this time we go fantasy and on a different isekai huh?!?
4/5.

HOOfan_1 said:
How can she Sayless? She doesn't say anything at all, you can't say less than nothing.

She should have been named SayNothing!

Aug 8, 2019 9:54 PM
Jan 2018
Mormegil said:
Suddenly, isekai! Does this mean YU-NO was the first-ever isekai, since the original VN came out 30 years ago or something?
Although it does predate the current isekai craze it is by no means the first isekai, especially considering non-anime works. It's not even the first work of fiction to isekai the protagonist halfway through the story (The Neverending Story did it in 1979).
Aug 9, 2019 6:58 AM

Aug 2013
New OP (visuals and song) is fantastic.
papsoshea said:

Why all 'lmao' and 'omg' users have always no brain?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 9, 2019 6:04 PM

May 2018
Looks like not the same show compare to Episode 17 below. I hope that there is still time travelling thing on this anime after Episode 18. I don't want to see this anime going to an another world without even contributing to the previous episode.

Aug 10, 2019 1:35 PM

Aug 2016
papsoshea said:
rsc-pl said:
New OP (visuals and song) is fantastic.

Why all 'lmao' and 'omg' users have always no brain?
That's not an argument, but nice to see you all upset and riled over a negative post.

Cant even blame you. The anime is not handling the isekai epilogue as good as in the game all because of how it rushed things making it look kind of silly.
:v
Aug 15, 2019 1:33 PM

Apr 2016
It feels a bit rushed to me but it’s a nice episode.
Aug 18, 2019 7:10 PM
Jun 2015
Rocksterrock said:
my thoughts exactly. Not a bad thing though.
Sep 2, 2019 4:35 AM

Nov 2016
Well, I welcome the total change of pace.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 16, 2019 12:32 PM

Jul 2015
So far for the sci fi atmosphere, now we enter the isekai region

...And our womaniser has found a new girl! this time a elf priestess?!?

Jun 13, 2020 5:23 PM

Mar 2012
and it goes from just bad to atrocious... what the fuck happened here?
May 18, 2021 10:32 AM
Aug 2009
Literally sat through 17 episodes of crap to finally get to something interesting.
Nice.
(Not to say all previous 17 episodes were crap, there was just a lot of useless information)
Aug 22, 2021 11:10 AM

Aug 2017
I don't mind this anime using isekai elements but I wish a less generic fantasy-world looking. Also the episode being rushed doesn't help either.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.