Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 5, 2019 1:35 AM

Aug 2014
Drop all about rape laws as they are different in each country. Some here think it´s dosen´t are rape and it isn´t in some countries. While here in sweden you would get arrested on the spot for this threat. Acctualy we have a new law that make if the woman/man don´t specific says yes before or take initiative in the sexual before/duringl it can be reported as "careless rape".
May 5, 2019 9:18 AM

Mar 2019
Mich666 said:
I dunno what you are even debating about... when it's obvious this is not even the reality and that it's definitely not based on US but on Japan 20 years back and their relationships and laws works quite differently there. If this is making you uncomfortable then don't try to apply your worldviews onto this series but rather watch it as something that happens in the different country.

As I said before, Ayumi trusted him completely as he was relatively nice to her before - that's why she even agreed to do something like this. She didn't say no because she wouldn't wanted to do it but because she still have lingering feelings for Koudai and towards Takuya. She felt guilty and Toyotomi clearly used her from viewer standpoint but from hers, he was someone who helped her countless times before. That doesn't make it right, of course, be he was definitely one of the people (apart from Takuya) who she leaned to and who helped her after Koudai's death.

The anime doesn't show it but this wasn't actually the first sex they had, Takuya actually saw them before in their office where it was more consensual. He even "retrieved" the documents they stole from her and she was grateful for that. Toyotomi in the game was actually more clever and not so pushy, and the only one who he antagonized was Takuya himself (aka protagonist) as he saw him as his direct rival.

She though of him as good friend and that's precisely what actually triggered her suicide when he called her a tool, betraying her feelings. She wouldn't be so utterly destroyed by that sentence if she thought nothing of him.

1) This is NOT the visual novel. Stop force the interpretation because "but in VN...!!1!!!. "The anime doesn't show it" eh… No. It doesn't exist in the anime. They made the story different. I don't care about the VN, this is an anime discussion so i will talk about the anime.

2) "Apply your worldviews onto this series" eh??? Where exactly did i complain about the anime itself(? I don't care about the anime or the laws in Japan 20 years ago, i care about a person actually thinking that NOW (in 2 0 1 9) a threat like that in the REAL LIFE is ok, not illegal and shouldn't be punished. And also doing victim blaming because wanting to keep a job and help the son is "a stupid thing". It was never a discussion about the anime lmao
May 6, 2019 9:25 AM
May 2016
what an episode! i feel relieved? or something like that. I cried a little when takuya could finally save ayumi, after all her suicide. Is it weird tho ._.?

Things start to get more interesting from now on
May 6, 2019 1:05 PM

Dec 2016
Jesus Christ what the fuck is even happening, Ayumi is such a dumb bitch lmaoooooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 6, 2019 8:26 PM

Nov 2011
I just caught up and holy shit. This anime is terrible! I feel like everything is forced and wtf was with that Epic Guitar solo during the non-stop Ayumi deaths. I was actually laughing because it was so stupid.

Aww man this is not a good show.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 6, 2019 8:38 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Excellent episode, it even topped last week's. As many have previously pointed out, this feels very Steins;Gate-esque. That's a really good thing. I hope it continues. I'm sure there are repercussions for continually using the device over and over again.

I found it just a bit silly all the ways Ayumi killed herself, the bag over her head tapped at the neck was especially ridiculous. Given that guns are illegal in Japan, I guess I'm not surprised we didn't see her shoot herself.

Excellent shot of Takuya in the elevator, symbolizing his multiple selves trying to change the future.

The plot only thickens at this point, Ayumi being black mailed for something, the mysterious research Geotech is working on, and what about the mysterious blonde from episode 1? Or even the Lucina-looking girl for that matter? Honestly, I have a ton of questions. But we have 26 episodes, and it appears this is going to take its time. I hope it surprised me.
May 6, 2019 9:14 PM
Jul 2008
Hmmm, this anime seems kinda under-rated in my opinion.

I'm sure you could find flaws, but it doesn't seem like a "6.3" kinda of anime, it should at the very least score a 7. The first episode was kinda of unfortunately a turn off for a lot of people probably.
May 7, 2019 1:49 AM

May 2015
lmao this became "1000 ways to die"- Ayumi Edition

This shit is just a Steins;Gate knockoff with milfs, sex and NTR. ~6 rating is actually an undeserving score. 5.x would be more fitting.
I can't take this show seriously. I love edgy anime, but this tries to be serious while executing everything in the most absurd way.
Nobunaga's young bride is 5.77 and is better than this no joking.
Probably the worst Mages anime, even Chaos;Head laughs at this.
anikevinMay 7, 2019 1:55 AM
May 7, 2019 2:52 AM

May 2013
If I were him I would go back a hundred times just to kill Toyotomi it's a bummer that he only has 1 save point.

I freaking hate Ayumi now I do like the reporter now though.
May 7, 2019 2:58 AM

Aug 2018
So maybe I'm being impatient and it has yet to expand the issue - but can he choose where to go back in time to? I mean, he hits the same point int he school every time but then when he wants Kaoris helps he goes back to the moment in the coffee house...and if he can go back whenever he wanted, why not just before it all kicks off period? Like catch him in the act with the mafia or something... a little confused
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
May 7, 2019 3:16 AM
Jan 2018
Andy_Roo_45 said:
So maybe I'm being impatient and it has yet to expand the issue - but can he choose where to go back in time to? I mean, he hits the same point int he school every time but then when he wants Kaoris helps he goes back to the moment in the coffee house...and if he can go back whenever he wanted, why not just before it all kicks off period? Like catch him in the act with the mafia or something... a little confused
He can only jump to moments where he pressed a jewel on the Reflector Device. It's pretty much like a savestate save/load system. Simply rewinding time like a VCR isn't possible.

He didn't jump to a different moment when he went to see Kaori again. It was after the save point in school, remember? He just went to the café and waited a lot.

In the original game, Takuya got amnesia each time after the player made a time travel trip, which is why reloading to the beginning of a route wouldn't have fixed anything. He would just do the same actions again. The anime has changed this rule, so possibly he now can only load his latest save point as a nerf.
May 7, 2019 3:18 AM

Aug 2018
Laukku said:
Andy_Roo_45 said:
He can only jump to moments where he pressed a jewel on the Reflector Device. It's pretty much like a savestate save/load system. Simply rewinding time like a VCR isn't possible.

He didn't jump to a different moment when he went to see Kaori again. It was after the save point in school, remember? He just went to the café and waited a lot.

In the original game, Takuya got amnesia each time after the player made a time travel trip, which is why reloading to the beginning of a route wouldn't have fixed anything. He would just do the same actions again. The anime has changed this rule, so possibly he now can only load his latest save point as a nerf.

Nice, thank you, guess I should have been a bit more sharp in paying attention there!
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
May 9, 2019 1:29 AM

Feb 2018
After experiencing many events, he seems to have escaped and saved Ayumi.
May 10, 2019 7:12 AM
Jan 2019
Personally I think Takuya could have done better. Instead, I would have used the reflector device to go back to the day when Ayumi called him to the Academy and told him to bring him the documents he forgot at home. Of that maner, it would have avoided by all the suffering that happened when seeing Ayumi to die (suicides).
On the other hand, I think Ayumi is a person with a low self-esteem. There was a time when I thought "HELL IS SHE IS STUPID ?!" and I wanted Takuya to let her die, but he did not give up, despite Ayumi's harsh words, he went ahead and saved her. I recognize it and I admire it for that.
Good thing that in the end, although it is not what I expected, things will turn out relatively well. I hope the bastard Toyotomi will rot in jail in the worst way.

By the way, the woman journalist was very helpful, although she is lascivious. I would have accepted the request he made to Takuya 😏. Hard, hard ... I would make him pay for what he did to Ayumi on television. LOL.
May 11, 2019 9:39 AM

Sep 2015
anikevin said:

This shit is just a Steins;Gate knockoff with milfs, sex and NTR. ~6 rating is actually an undeserving score. 5.x would be more fitting.
I can't take this show seriously. I love edgy anime, but this tries to be serious while executing everything in the most absurd way.

>"even Chaos;Head laughs at this"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By the way the level of mental retardation in the comments is quite serious huh?
NayoutMay 11, 2019 9:48 AM
May 11, 2019 4:50 PM

May 2015
Nayout said:
anikevin said:

>"even Chaos;Head laughs at this"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By the way the level of mental retardation in the comments is quite serious huh?

lmao you gotta be kidding me. You're giving this crap 10/10 while you gave 9/10 to Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head 3/10.
Also barely ~30 anime watched. You need to watch more. You still have a long way before you can start discerning the good anime from the bad ones.
May 14, 2019 8:19 AM

Nov 2013
i seriously passed the full episode thinking "i'll drop it by the end of this episode" , since i don't like to add episodes i didn't watch to my list...

i also understand the idea of "if it is too close to happening you can't stop it anymore, it is already fate" ... but seeing her dying in so many random places like that, no matter what he did... just no...

i actually felt ok with the ending so i'll probably keep watching... but geez this episode sucks (for me at least)

now i kind of wonder what Kaori will do with the guy and with the blue card, and what the classmate was getting for doing stuff at the hotel lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
May 14, 2019 9:53 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was hard to watch seeing Ayumi constantly hurting herself but in the end, it was a good episode :) That bastard Toyotomi needs a good punishment for blackmailing poor Ayumi >:(

"The good guys always win", he says? He doesn't know what a hero means XD He's playing the villain and doesn't realize!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 21, 2019 3:09 PM
Aug 2018
WolfDFireBreidi said:
Personally I think Takuya could have done better. Instead, I would have used the reflector device to go back to the day when Ayumi called him to the Academy and told him to bring him the documents he forgot at home. Of that maner, it would have avoided by all the suffering that happened when seeing Ayumi to die (suicides)..

I see your point. But, I think the reflector device only allow "one saving point" to go back to. It's like a "new starting point". So, when he "saves" just before the quizz, he can only go back to this point and not further.

The only thing I'm wondering is why there seems to have differents button in the reflector device. Maybe they have different function ?

If this is the first "full VN route", it seems really short to me... I assumed they skipped stuff.
May 22, 2019 12:24 PM

May 2017
Rukodaime91 said:
WolfDFireBreidi said:
Personally I think Takuya could have done better. Instead, I would have used the reflector device to go back to the day when Ayumi called him to the Academy and told him to bring him the documents he forgot at home. Of that maner, it would have avoided by all the suffering that happened when seeing Ayumi to die (suicides)..

I see your point. But, I think the reflector device only allow "one saving point" to go back to. It's like a "new starting point". So, when he "saves" just before the quizz, he can only go back to this point and not further.

The only thing I'm wondering is why there seems to have differents button in the reflector device. Maybe they have different function ?

If this is the first "full VN route", it seems really short to me... I assumed they skipped stuff.

It was mentioned on the episode 1 discussion that the prologue (which episode 1 covers) is around 3 hours in the game, compared to the standard 20 something minutes of an episode.

It's been a year or two, but I think my play of the prologue was actually around 4 hours, but I click on anything and everything to get every last line whenever I play a game.

Plus the fact that I try to use a guide as little as possible aside from replays, so mine gets extended a bit, although not as much as some would think.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Jun 1, 2019 7:29 PM

Mar 2015
Thank you for slapping her. I'm sure it was hard but she seriously needed a hard reset.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jun 7, 2019 8:08 AM
Mar 2011
How can people say this was a good episode? I never played the VN but from my understanding the anime is a bit different.
With that said, the series could be good overall but the execution and the dialogue of this episode was so ridiculous and cliche.

I casually enjoyed this anime up to this point, not expecting much, but i couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous some of the ways ayumi dies and they dont even try to make some parts even remotely believable.

Its like they want the arc/anime/episode to be epic but disregard completely the foundation of good story telling.

My god im still laughing, a week after watching this episode.
Jun 8, 2019 2:24 AM

Jan 2018
dang this show is crazy, giving me big steins gate vibes. Hopefully it stays this good because it could be my AOTS for new shows.
Aug 20, 2019 11:51 PM

Oct 2010
I don't understand how he got the pics so quickly from kaori, and what did he give her in exchange for it? Sex? And how the hell was she there prepared to hit toyotomi?
Sep 4, 2019 6:37 AM

Sep 2008
The whole mechanic of him being able to take objects back with him is a bit weird. When he did it with the can, it didn't duplicate it. Now it looks like he took the photos back in time with him so doesn't that mean Kaori will mysteriously lose them now? Unless he went and got the photos again and they didn't show us. Or maybe the device actually does something different and the anime is deliberately misleading. The elevator opened up and it was empty as if his body disappears after using the device which is also pretty strange. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Also, I like what they did there with the mirrors in the elevator. Very fitting.
Oct 2, 2019 6:41 AM
Aug 2016
Holy fuck the step-mother sucks big balls, and so does this anime, I had high hopes after watching the last episode but this one completely destroyed any chances that I would take these dumb characters seriously anymore.

The story wasn't bad until they decided to pull out the most retarded S:G rip-off I've ever seen, but not as retarded as the MC who instead of going back in time immediately after encountering those delinquents, he decided to fight them off and get beaten real bad, all for literally fucking nothing, he still went back in time dozens of times after that so it's not like he was short on how many times he could do that, when you take a blow and lose half of your HP 5 seconds after you saved, then you should just reload the fucking game, you have literally nothing to lose.
Oct 5, 2019 7:53 PM

Apr 2012
I have to disagree with a lot of people calling Ayumi's situation 'rape'
Toyotomi is really an absolote asshole but he's not a rapist. He's a scumbag who uses a situation to his advantage. He produced an artificial situation to make him look good for Ayumi and then set her up to be in a situation not to say 'no.' There's also the fact that Ayumi was completely depressed and lonely and she longed for someone to depend on. Toyotomi wanted to play the hero to a manufactured crisis.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 11, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
Wow, this really feels similiar to steins;gate

Ayumi: "What do you know about Ayumi?" Arima:"I know your three sizes" Whahaha, even in a serious moment he shows some pervertedness

Nov 12, 2019 7:08 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That guy definitely deserved to get hit in the fast by Takumi.

I was not expecting a car to hit Ayumi though. That was painful to watch. I got a Steins;Gate-ish feeling from this episode with the time loops and Takumi trying to save her. Really painful to watch :(

Kaori is also more of a daring person than I had thought.

this guy deserves to get hit by a car
Nov 12, 2019 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
Janethan23 said:
Toyotomi is really an absolote asshole but he's not a rapist. He's a scumbag who uses a situation to his advantage. He produced an artificial situation to make him look good for Ayumi and then set her up to be in a situation not to say 'no.' There's also the fact that Ayumi was completely depressed and lonely and she longed for someone to depend on. Toyotomi wanted to play the hero to a manufactured crisis.

sry to burst ur bubble but this is also rape!!!!!!
Nov 12, 2019 7:04 PM

Apr 2012
Sugram22 said:
Janethan23 said:

You burst nothing, your reasoning is inconsequential to mine.
The problem with people like you and every other #mepoo bowel movement fanatic is that everything equates to rape and the accused should be guilty because due process is overrated and insignificant. Today's definition of rape absolves so called 'victims' of making basically dumb decisions plus the weaponization of accusing someone of rape has turned the world of dating and relationships on its head.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 12, 2019 11:52 PM

Sep 2012
Janethan23 said:
Sugram22 said:

You burst nothing, your reasoning is inconsequential to mine.
The problem with people like you and every other #mepoo bowel movement fanatic is that everything equates to rape and the accused should be guilty because due process is overrated and insignificant. Today's definition of rape absolves so called 'victims' of making basically dumb decisions plus the weaponization of accusing someone of rape has turned the world of dating and relationships on its head.

blackmailing some1 to have sex is rape, its called blackmail-rape, awrything is not rape but this is

dading world issue is caused by shw's and me2 movement, its being weaponized to accuse men of assault and sexual assault and rape to blackmail men or get rid of them cause they rejected them or cheated on them or their just bullies who don't like the guy

don't lump me together woth this nutjobs sjw and me2 nutjobs

rape appologist
Sugram22Nov 12, 2019 11:58 PM
Jun 11, 2020 12:50 AM

Mar 2012
this was horrible. questioning if i should keep watching it after this episode. everything rubs me in the wrong way and i can't stand the MC. his relationship with his stepmother is creepy as fuck.
Jul 16, 2020 9:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh boy, the striking resemblance to Steins;Gate. Jeez, always tough to watch things like that.

Flunky A's variations of rape seduction was honestly infuriating to watch but I suppose it finally adds up why we see next to no rejection from Ayumi-san. Reporter-san better not be lying to the MC here. Imagine it turns out she's the mastermind... Never mind.

Mid-way, I was hoping the MC would just take a chill-pill and try to assess things but when that finally happened I thought it was a little unnatural however. But all things considered, it was a really good episode and development.

Elevator scene signifying the alternative selves was a really cool addition too.

Found it interesting how the events played out slightly different as well. In particular, the teacher which gave me the feeling that she was slowly coming close to the truth perhaps.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 8, 2021 12:59 PM

Jul 2019
In the first half i was tensed af, glad she was saved at last. Good episode.
Aug 18, 2021 8:28 AM

Aug 2017
Looks like the failed attempts at saving Ayumi and Toyotomi being super aggressive/rapey were anime original. Its just an adaptation-induced plot hole cuz it makes little sense to see Ayumi dying like that. She commit suicide only once.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 21, 2021 5:00 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh he is SUCH a moron MC, the slimeball was trying to steal the PAPERWORK from the get go, and he just left the damn paperwork on the table and didn't pay attention to the sleeze ball who snuck them out. He could have EASILY prevented ALL of this. And then when he gets he just casually walks back in like its nothing. This show is starting to annoy me like Re-Zero, the same shit over and over with nothing good in sight. And WHY on earth would you LEAVE when you know she KILLED herself OVER and OVER again! And you chase the guy out, STAY with her, how stupid can you be.
DKDiabloLichtAug 21, 2021 5:07 PM
Feb 16, 12:25 PM
Nov 2016
its plain, the characters are plain, the story is just copying steins gate without any originality. The desperation of saving his mom was solved in one episode and was badly timed. At this stage of the story the vierwer does barely know the characters, nor does any viewer care about her at this point so making it all emotional and ramatic to pull the heart strings of viewers does not work in episode 5. In steins gate you got to know Mayuri who hasa really likable personality and the viwer is more attached to the character Mayuri as it happens deeper into the story. The step mom is unknown plain and you dont know her enough to like her. So yeah its okay.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.