Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2018 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, a new and more interesting adventure. This time, we got an adventure on a train and an individual that was convicted of murders.

Definitely a buildup to the trials to come but I'm glad they're taking the setting differentlfy for a more refreshing experience. Ryuuichi better get his head ready!
Dec 8, 2018 12:58 AM

Nov 2007
In the train w. a suspect?

Wow, they get to be in top class seat. The seats for the police and the judge are not bad either.

It's a mystery to why he had been invited. lol @ the assistant girl wanting to play searching game w. the transceiver and got the police guy involved.

The two who works there are suspicious? And it happens. Police guy saw a fire ball and train stopped. Then it resumed. The criminal got everyone in captive? And got the workers are all working for him.

Seems like the foreign girl with the old lady knows the criminal. He only wants to be free of charge. Complete list? That's why he got invited as a lawyer. Court before destination reaches?

That police guy not involved in the case?

Wow, trains separated.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2018 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
A new case! The setting for this is hella interesting, very curious to see how it will be executed.
Dec 8, 2018 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
The original episodes are really where this anime shows its strong points. Really makes me want to see an all original anime for this.

爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !

Dec 8, 2018 4:40 PM

Aug 2011
Ironically this Christmas case looks and feels more like game cases compared to main ones.

Pre trial events, character designs, small details later would be useful for trial and everything. Heck even dialogues.
I like it.

I also like that Crunchyroll made those game-like English names for characters and a transceiver.
bxyhxyhDec 8, 2018 4:44 PM
Sorry for my bad English.
Dec 8, 2018 7:33 PM

Sep 2016
Man, what a terrible episode, this looks like something straight out of Layton but with an Ace Attorney skin. I hope that they end this shitty filler on the next episode and they give us the Mia's flashback next.

I don't mind filler, the MIles filler was pretty good, but what pisses me off is to wait a whole week and get this.
Dec 9, 2018 3:06 AM

May 2018
Pretty neat episode, since this is anime original I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Also really like Avery Richman's name lol
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 9, 2018 1:02 PM

May 2018
Did they just copied this from the movie "Murder in the Oriental Express"

Ya know here in the Philippines one can be arrested for making a bomb joke.

Damn Gumshoe, don't even have the guts to take down a lady with a gun that wasn't even pointed at him, I thought they train cops such has him how to disarm????
Dec 9, 2018 7:15 PM

Dec 2014
a train mystery hmmm well ... it strikes me more how people are taking a request of a criminal seriously ...This should happen more in real life
Dec 10, 2018 10:21 PM
Jun 2014
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Good to know I wasn't the only one. I'm sure these filler/original eps are inspired by that movie.
Dec 21, 2018 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
Pure Agatha Christie here.
Dec 24, 2018 3:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
devpra said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Good to know I wasn't the only one. I'm sure these filler/original eps are inspired by that movie.

You know the movie was an adaptation of a classics right?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 8, 2019 10:23 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty stupid beginning but I’m still curious where this will go. Especially since this is anime original.
Mar 8, 2019 4:52 AM
Dec 2010
This is pretty good! Instead of making a terrible adaptation of the games they should've made entire anime of new cases.
Feb 4, 2021 4:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
An anime original case in a train, the trial thing is a bit weird but well it's an anime so why not, and the pacing will probably be better because so far the game content adaptation is terrible so it should be better in an anime original way
Oct 17, 2022 1:10 PM

Jan 2010
Being an anime-original, I'm curious to see where this goes. It retains the goofiness of the game, but without the stiffness of prior episodes since it's not trying to emulate the visual novel-esque aesthetic. Instead, the episode is flowing like an actual anime, which is what I always wanted. If I wanted an experience similar to the games, I'd just play the games. When watching the anime, I want to watch an anime.

I expected a scenario similar to Murder on the Orient Express, which may be what this arc is trying to reference. However, a trial aboard a train? Now that's a new one.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 26, 2019

10 by cataclysmic-x »»
Sep 21, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

30 by RainyEvenings »»
Jul 29, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

10 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 23, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2019

12 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 22, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 10, 2018

17 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.