Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2018 12:40 PM
Oct 2017
Ai, Lily and junko have been recognized by the inspector, this gives great chances for an S2

otherwise the lesson of morality of yugiri has sakura was cool even if it remains the mystery of the past is our courtesan
Dec 20, 2018 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
So, Kotaro was indeed Sakura's friend when she was alive. Definetely wanting to know more about him, especially since he was the best character of the series (along with THE LEGENDARY YAMADA TAE, that, again, showed us why she's best girl). Considering the series had an open ending, there's always the possibility of a second season... But, well, there goes my fav role of Mamoru Miyano to date.

The ending was good. Typical friendship moment that saves the situation at the end, but fits the nature of the series, and summed to the songs of the end, made for a very nice conclusion. Bye, bye Zombieland Saga, may you have a continuation in the future...

NARUTOOOOOOOOOOO said:
So...Kotaro x Sakura?
I ship it.
Dec 20, 2018 1:08 PM

Aug 2018
10/10
HOPING FOR A SECOND SEASON PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE
Dec 20, 2018 1:12 PM

Jan 2016
There is no way that this isn't gonna have a second season

Or so I'd love to say, but I'm pretty sure it will. Idol animes sell like hotcake in Japan so for once I'll be glad if it does
Dec 20, 2018 1:20 PM

Jun 2017
So Sakura and the manager were classmates..once
Doesn't really tell us much about their relation

The first "Idol-Anime" i've ever watched.. It wasn't too bad
Dec 20, 2018 1:22 PM

Feb 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Good finale albeit a very classic ending as expected.

Tae's awakening scene was gold and I loved the shot of all the girls with their hair down, Saki-chan and Yugiri especially. <3
Yugiri's slap though. XD

The whole theme of persevering despite all the bad luck was quite endearing and I love the fact that Franchouchou is basically a group of people brought together by bad luck. Paints a really nice picture of perseverance and comradeship.

It looks like Kotaro does indeed know Sakura, interesting.

I felt the CG was a little at choppy at times but it was still quite good.

Overall, a really good show and definitely the among the best idol shows released in the last few years especially since idol anime with the exception of Love Live haven't been all that great recently so this was a really welcome addition to the mix. Comedy was fantastic, outstanding voice acting especially from Mamoru who delivered one of his best performances yet.

8/10, would love a second season.

You should watch Aikatsu Friends then. It's great. Also, Idolmaster in it's first seasons iif you still hadn't, same for Cinderella and Side-M.
Dec 20, 2018 1:27 PM

May 2018

Well, ain't this a surprise , Ktaro or Inui the manager actually knows Sakura.

Still no backstory of Yuugiri and Tae, damn studio exc didn't even bother squeezing something in it.
Dec 20, 2018 1:33 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Feels like a rather... inconclusive ending I have to say
Dec 20, 2018 1:39 PM
Mar 2018
i wish that in the concert of Franchuchu on march 17,2019 they will say that here comes a 2nd sesond
Dec 20, 2018 1:44 PM

Jul 2016
Uhmm first of all, it seems I'm one of the very few who doesn't really liked this ending. It felt very generic, like the ending of Love Live S1... well, except for the destructive part.

That aside, until this last arc, I really enjoyed this series. I just wish it hadn't ended up being like the usual Idol series. Yes, they're zombies and all but their problems and struggle weren't that unique either.

That said, tt wasn't that I dislike it, I just wanted it to end in a different way. And honestly, if this receives a second season anytime soon, I wouldn't mind giving it a chance. 6/10
Dec 20, 2018 2:02 PM

Dec 2014
Aaaahhh, what a satisfying ending, surely my favorite anime this season.
And boi, what a cliffhanger to end on, I really hope we're getting a season 2. I'm gonna miss this show.
Dec 20, 2018 2:14 PM

Jan 2017
I really, really liked this episode - hyped through the entire first half and cheering through the entire second. Just, wow.

And yes, there's definitely room for a second series... but you know? I'd also be fine if it just ended here.
Dec 20, 2018 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
It was divine. Well, I really loved this show and didn’t miss a single episode, but the way they did the final just amazed me. A stunning mix of humor, drama, epistles and music. So, probably, at the moment this is my favorite idol show.

9/10.

@htsuji Inui is a surname, especially since he was not close enough to call him by name. In any case, I think that he was secretly in love with Sakura and the whole plot had a simple goal to make her dream come true ... well, or in life after death.

RobertBobertDec 20, 2018 2:19 PM
Dec 20, 2018 2:24 PM
Oct 2017
htsuji said:
Finally, the magazine writer has found there should be something completely unexplainable about the member.
Perhaps these photos were taken when they were alive and I guess the report there says they had died about 10 to 30 or more years ago.

Ai (dead in 2008) Lily (dead in 2011) and Junko(dead in 1983) were the most likely to be recognized because of their careers

Sakura,Saki and Tae do not have the same risk except to be recognized by a parent, a brother, a sister or even a friend in their lifetime

Yugiri she can enjoy her second life in tourist mode that comes from the 1880s

L'ancêtre elle a vraiment la belle vie.......
Dec 20, 2018 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
Simply amazing! Now hoping there will be season 2 sometime soon, there are certain things that needs to be explained... and ofcourse Tae still needs to talk! Kotaro relation to Sakura really intrigued me... I want to know!

Overall a great Anime, to think that this would be my first Idol Anime! Oh how my first impressions were so wrong XD

9/10
Dec 20, 2018 2:29 PM
Jul 2015
Pretty much tied with a place further than the universe for my aoty. 10/10
Dec 20, 2018 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
We meet again, Cliffhanger-kun...

So yeah, the surprise of the season, what a ride it was. When I watched the first episode all I could think was "Is this an out of season April's Fool joke?", but I'm glad I stuck with it because this anime is genuinely good. Here's hoping we get a second season or at least an OVA to give this series a proper closure.
Dec 20, 2018 2:54 PM

Aug 2018
You know you need to get your shit together if even our legendary "nice bird" Tae-chan tries to snap you out of it. That bitch-slap of Yuugiri tough ...

So uh, can I now say I'm idol trash now because I like this anime? :-P
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Dec 20, 2018 3:05 PM

May 2015
This was some good stuff.
Hoped they'll make it more complete covering all the questions in the end, but actually, the possibility of 2 season is even better.
Go, go, go-go, go!
8/10
Dec 20, 2018 3:05 PM

Sep 2011
This was an enjoyable series, but honestly I liked Franchouchou more when they stil were DEATH MUSUME \m/
Dec 20, 2018 3:13 PM

Oct 2010
Good ending. But the whole amensia thing felt like a cop-out to me. I'm glad they're hinting at a s2, though. This anime's strong points were it's characters so I can't wait to see more of them in the future. 8/10 though. Music wasn't so great even for Idol music standards.
Dec 20, 2018 3:23 PM

Aug 2018
Great anime globally talking ; still missing some parts which would be interesting to discover later (relation between Kotaru & Sakura, Tae & Yugiri's past, even the dog lol etc).

So yeah, was fun to watch during those last 12 weeks ! Hoping for a season 2... at least the ending did not close the door.

Dec 20, 2018 4:00 PM
Dec 2009
they better have a second season or at least a movie about Legendary Yamada Tae. The ending is such a cliffhanger.
best idol anime this year
- 9/10 animation
- 9/10 song (althought their songs are inspired from other songs)
- 9/10 seiyuu singing skill
- 9/10 dance
- 8/10 storyline

I hope they realeased an album instead of separated character song
Dec 20, 2018 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
That's it? Like seriously? I mean no backstory on Tae or Yugiri at all? Come on...then that cliffhanger too? There better be a second season because this feels way too unfinished. 7/10
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 20, 2018 4:10 PM

Dec 2015
I dont care what people say, that cg is really well done

Leave your limits.

Dec 20, 2018 4:12 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I'm really really happy with how this anime ended. I'm feeling satisfied. I never imagined a series that started so ridiculously cringey could end up becoming THIS fun! Also, the lyrics of their first song in the concert were truly appropriate for Sakura's crisis and it was so fitting. I truly enjoyed seeing these girls perform together and their camaraderie was very entertaining & heartwarming. It's also nice that nearly all of the characters they met throughout the series are present in watching their performance live in the final episode. Cool!

I love Franchouchou and that ending after the credits left us a cliffhanger. Heeeh?? They're surely hinting on something. ;)

Great job, Zombieland Saga! This anime became one of my top favorites from this season~
Dec 20, 2018 4:46 PM
Jun 2017
Love this finale... as amidst all the bad luck they have in their concert, they dont stop from performing... great job...

Tae chan is the MVP though as she is the reason why the other members have awaken and help persuade Sakura to perform with them.
FouAlterDec 20, 2018 4:49 PM
Dec 20, 2018 4:49 PM

Sep 2011
Those 5fps concert scenes. Talk about a headache.

Not a bad series. Loads of flaws, but it did provide a bit of cohesive entertainment.
Dec 20, 2018 4:59 PM

Oct 2018
I always wonder; why the hell this show only got 7.xx score in MAL,
it obviously much better than that.
Dec 20, 2018 5:13 PM
Nov 2015
Better than love live and idolmaster

10/10

Season 2
Dec 20, 2018 5:23 PM

Mar 2014
Needed some more backstory but heres hoping to a season 2!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 20, 2018 5:23 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was great but after that ending + some questions I had leftover, I'm REALLY gonna need that S2
Dec 20, 2018 5:28 PM

Dec 2016
I hope there is a season 2 soon! This show was the pleasant surprise of the season.
Dec 20, 2018 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
i want a second season

10/10
Dec 20, 2018 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
That ending definitely suggests a (planned) second season.
Dec 20, 2018 6:20 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm really sure that Zombieland Saga will get a season 2 down the line, they already set it up at the end and they are pretty much at the top of the sales for this season.
Dec 20, 2018 6:25 PM

Nov 2017
bondtux said:

- Sakura was 17 Yo's (born on 1991 and die on 2008 resurrected on 2018)... so there is no possibility that Kotaro was Sakura's class mate.

I'll take this back.....

NanaPirro said:
htsuji said:
Finally, the magazine writer has found there should be something completely unexplainable about the member.
Perhaps these photos were taken when they were alive and I guess the report there says they had died about 10 to 30 or more years ago.

Ai (dead in 2008) Lily (dead in 2011) and Junko(dead in 1983) were the most likely to be recognized because of their careers

Sakura,Saki and Tae do not have the same risk except to be recognized by a parent, a brother, a sister or even a friend in their lifetime

Yugiri she can enjoy her second life in tourist mode that comes from the 1880s

L'ancêtre elle a vraiment la belle vie.......

- There's somebody that knows yugiri.. did you remeber a bartender guy on episode 11?
- it look like the only one who knows sakura is kotaro himself
- Saki had her old friend and her friends daughter (i dont know if they realize it or not)
- The only thing that we need worry is kotaro... if the zombie's identity has been revealed, the one who get the trouble is kotaro.
Now Loading.....
Dec 20, 2018 6:28 PM

Nov 2017
Smudy said:
I'm really sure that Zombieland Saga will get a season 2 down the line, they already set it up at the end and they are pretty much at the top of the sales for this season.

i dont know about the sales... but i dont think zombieland saga is the AOTS on japan itself
Now Loading.....
Dec 20, 2018 6:31 PM
Mar 2017
dannymilk said:
thus ends 2018 as the year of themed idol shows. first two episodes were great...everything else is a mix bag. the good is great but the bad (the Junko/Ai and the eventually obvious Sakura stuff) is very annoying!

as someone said, Yugiri has been totally worthless and is only there to be the "adult" and slap sense into people. her role could've easily been done by one of the other girls like Ai whom Sakura was a fan of. but gotta have a samurai-era girl for shits and giggles

Tae, Saki and yes Romero the dog are the highlights and best characters of this. the death metal dudes are very devoted followers since day 1. and Shrimpy's episode was nice too.

we got at least a snippet of what Kotaro is to Sakura...even if its only for one second. and that ending seems like a cliffhanger hmmmm

7/10. they took a great concept, started off great, and eventually turn it into another cookie cutter idol show with some good stuff in between
Episode 11, minute 9.
The old man in the bar talks about knowing Yugiri, who owes a lot to that "young woman" ... and when the Manager tells him "When did that happen?"
The old man replies: "they were good times"
Definitely Yugiri has a past. Based on this could be done several theories xd
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 20, 2018 6:31 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
ok so Kotaro was in high school with Sakura (and most likely had feelings for her) and knew about her desire to become an idol, but then she dieded. so he spent the next ten years figuring out how to bring her back, and put together an undead idol group who would be be able to withstand her extinction-level bad luck, so she can still fulfill her dream. Awwww, that’s sweet! ...and creepy! =)

eagerly awaiting S2. and OVAs. and Specials. and a Movie. and a Legendary Tae Yamada Nendoroid figure.
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Dec 20, 2018 6:51 PM

Oct 2015
Such a moving and epic episode, as expected from the girls. I'm really glad Sakura is back and Tae contributed ya know.

I knew Kotaro was connected to Sakura somehow and we got a glimpse even though it wasn't clear enough. I wonder what are they saving Saga from though? There is still a lot the show left, so I expect another season in the future or a movie or an OVA. I will miss the girls, the weird dog and of course Tatsumi.

For now it's an 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 20, 2018 6:55 PM

Apr 2015
really need second season!
Dec 20, 2018 7:06 PM

Oct 2014
I don't like the force drama in this episode.

But still, a great ending. Its embarrassing but I never expected to have fun watching this.

I'll miss the girls.
7/10
Dec 20, 2018 7:06 PM

Mar 2014
no regrets. season 2 must be coming soon in 2 years by that end. also cygames did a great job in advertising saga ken for tourism
Dec 20, 2018 7:12 PM

Oct 2014
htsuji said:

In addition to that, it seems Tatsumi's old name was Inui. He and Sakura knew each other when she was alive.

Maybe they are dating before she died? She confessed to her in episode 11 (sort of).

And being an idol is Sakura's unfulfilled wish, thats why Kotaro is doing his best to grant Sakura's wish.

I have no idea how he turned them to zombies though. He might be a Necromancer or something
Dec 20, 2018 7:25 PM
Oct 2018
Gazz said:
htsuji said:

In addition to that, it seems Tatsumi's old name was Inui. He and Sakura knew each other when she was alive.

Maybe they are dating before she died? She confessed to her in episode 11 (sort of).

And being an idol is Sakura's unfulfilled wish, thats why Kotaro is doing his best to grant Sakura's wish.

I have no idea how he turned them to zombies though. He might be a Necromancer or something

Yeah that's a nice theory. Maybe he liked Sakura and wanted to fulfill her dream. Even though that's very heart warming/breaking and adds a lot of character to Kotarou, it's still kinda messed up if you think about it (like unburrying them and stuff u know) Depends on how he did it but oh well it's for a good cause.

I really hope for season 2, hopefully it's a big hit in Japan
Dec 20, 2018 7:46 PM
Aug 2018
WHEN WILL THE OST RELEASE
Dec 20, 2018 7:51 PM

Aug 2015
Solid 6-7

Still sore about the bait-and-switch, and a few missteps, eg. eps 10-11, bad CG, no Tae and Yugiri episodes

There are plot threads thrown out that are unresolved (who is the old beard guy, what's going to happen with magazine guy, etc.) unless a second season comes out these will be rough edges
I hope this was written with a second season in mind.

I don't normally watch idol shows, so I credit it for being pretty good, for the most part, for what it is
Dec 20, 2018 7:56 PM

Nov 2018
I'd never really watched idol anime before or thought I'd like it, but Zombieland Saga is something else! This show had me the most eager for each new episode than any other anime I watched this season. The premise was what pulled me into it, really - zombie girls becoming idols - and also that one scene of Sakura getting hit by Truck-kun. I didn't expect it to be much more than a bland idol comedy anime, but it really shot past my expectations. I was hooked from episode 1.

Many feels were to be had, especially with Lily and her dad. I agree that episodes 10 and 11 weren't as great, but 12 blew them both out of the water! Amazing ending, and I smell a season 2. Can't wait to learn more about Kotaro, Yugiri and Tae's pasts. Maybe even the dog, too. 9/10, Franchouchou rocks!

Love at first bite.
Dec 20, 2018 8:13 PM

Aug 2014
What a ride. This was definitely my favorite anime this season. I hope we get a season 2, especially seeing how Kotaro knew Sakura in school and that last scene!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

380 by AngelicSuccubus »»
Sep 30, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2018

145 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Sep 15, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

173 by retronikki »»
Jun 21, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

139 by _untitled »»
Jun 11, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

118 by _untitled »»
Jun 11, 12:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.