Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 22, 2018 4:17 AM

Oct 2016
As person who practices Olympic archery this seems like a interesting show. I hope I can learn a little more of Kyodou.
Oct 22, 2018 5:10 AM
Jan 2018
It was a terrible episode, honestly.
On the technical aspect, it was flawless.
But shots were weirdly paced.
Characters were uninspired/generic and Character interactions were very repetitive ("hey I'm popular and he is scary; let's repeat it forever").
They did manservice in an obnoxious way ("lets just move down for half a second").
Some things didn't even make sense ("hey I'm in a bad mood but there was this noise from a crazy long distance I should go there").
Everythimg was predictable/overdone.
The drama was unnecessarily over the top.
And some scenes were outright cringey (M E R H A).
Oct 22, 2018 5:39 AM
Mar 2016
Understandably slow episode. I love archery so gonna keep up with this.

Still see potential in this as an anime.

4/5
Oct 22, 2018 6:10 AM

Apr 2018
A really good start !
Top animation, interesting story that will slowly be developped, appealing characters (I already like the tall happy one)... I have a good feeling about Tsurune. I'm looking forward the next episode.

I just hope some characters won't be too cliché.
Oct 22, 2018 7:46 AM

May 2018
Whoo! Finally. I've been waiting for this for so long. I really liked the direction when Naramiya tried doing archery again. It really gets across his anxiety and the elegance of archery as he follows through the procedure in the first shot, followed by his unraveling after he misses.
Oct 22, 2018 7:47 AM

May 2018
Abderiko said:
A really good start !
Top animation, interesting story that will slowly be developped, appealing characters (I already like the tall happy one)... I have a good feeling about Tsurune. I'm looking forward the next episode.

I just hope some characters won't be too cliché.
I know right! I really like him as well. His voice sounds familiar. I wonder if I've heard him in another Kyo ani show.
Oct 22, 2018 9:54 AM
Oct 2014
Hmmm, nice start.
Oct 22, 2018 11:36 AM

Dec 2016
KyoAni sports show? Bet. Maybe I'll get around to Free eventually
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 22, 2018 12:04 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm quite the interesting premise having Kyudo as the main theme. Pretty catchy OP as well. Club recruitment sure looks like fun. Looks like the Kyudo club has quite the lineup of new recruits joining its ranks this year. Overall a strong first episode that introduced quite an interesting cast of characters and the unique elements that make up Kyudo. Visually the episode was also really impressive.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2018 12:46 PM

May 2017
The music definitely has my attention, it's extremely beautiful already in my opinion. The leaf symbolism is very neat.

I'm not sure how the story will play out, but I honestly don't see high potentional for this series, considering how simple it seems so far. But hey, that isn't always a bad thing, plus this is only the first episode.
Oct 22, 2018 3:47 PM
May 2007
TodAboT said:
Some things didn't even make sense ("hey I'm in a bad mood but there was this noise from a crazy long distance I should go there").

I'm sure Minato was attracted to the noise knowing it's a bow string noise. He also flinched to a similar noise when talking to Ryohei near his bike. He loves that sound and possibly grew more sensitive to it because of his target panic.
Oct 22, 2018 3:54 PM
Jan 2018
Shadow-Chan said:

I'm sure Minato was attracted to the noise knowing it's a bow string noise. He also flinched to a similar noise when talking to Ryohei near his bike. He loves that sound and possibly grew more sensitive to it because of his target panic.

Still doesn't make sense when you're in a pretty bad mood for one thing and then getting closer to the same thing.
So why was he so eager to get there? Because plot.
Oct 22, 2018 4:30 PM
May 2007
TodAboT said:
Shadow-Chan said:

Still doesn't make sense when you're in a pretty bad mood for one thing and then getting closer to the same thing.

Maybe it's a different noise to what he used to that made him curious. Or it's the place. There must be a reason you really can't know how a person in a bad mood would react.
Oct 22, 2018 5:14 PM
Jan 2018
Shadow-Chan said:
TodAboT said:

Maybe it's a different noise to what he used to that made him curious. Or it's the place. There must be a reason you really can't know how a person in a bad mood would react.

Now you are reaching VERY FAR with the explanation.
I'm sorry if I can't understand why a person would decide to go really far to a random place in a bad mood because he heard a sound related to why he is in a bad mood; instead of going far [at worst] to his house.
Oct 22, 2018 5:56 PM
May 2007
TodAboT said:
Shadow-Chan said:

Now you are reaching VERY FAR with the explanation.
I'm sorry if I can't understand why a person would decide to go really far to a random place in a bad mood because he heard a sound related to why he is in a bad mood; instead of going far [at worst] to his house.

He was going up hill far away because he was in a bad mood then he heard the noise nearby. I don't think the noise source was that far. I'm confused. If you can't understand now maybe later if they give a reason.
Oct 22, 2018 6:21 PM

Apr 2013
TodAboT said:
Shadow-Chan said:

Yes he's in bad mood but doesn't mean he hate Kyudo. He might be hesitant to get involved with Kyudo as shown when he refused the invitation to join the club, but just watching is a different thing. It doesn't really need much courage to just watch someone from afar. Plus just like the other person told you, the noise might what motivate him to look as well. Also, imagine someone who is for example a football player who has resigned from playing football after a certain accident. One day when he was having a bad day, he encountered a group of teenagers play an interesting football match. Does it really need a good mood to be able to watch them playing? Not really. He might even watch to look for some comfort
Oct 22, 2018 6:46 PM
Jan 2018
TriZen said:
TodAboT said:

Yes he's in bad mood but doesn't mean he hate Kyudo. He might be hesitant to get involved with Kyudo as shown when he refused the invitation to join the club, but just watching is a different thing. It doesn't really need much courage to just watch someone from afar. Plus just like the other person told you, the noise might what motivate him to look as well. Also, imagine someone who is for example a football player who has resigned from playing football after a certain accident. One day when he was having a bad day, he encountered a group of teenagers play an interesting football match. Does it really need a good mood to be able to watch them playing? Not really. He might even watch to look for some comfort

He literally tried his best to avoid it; he was hesitant to even see it. The first time he went he didn't know it was Kyudo, and the second time he got forced/pressured by his friend and then by everybody around him.

I doubt a person trying his best to avoid a thing goes out of his way to see the thing.
Oct 22, 2018 7:15 PM

Jan 2008
Only tried this cause it was KyoAni. The visuals seem lower quality than I expected from a 1st episode of a KyoAni show. I do some archery (bow hunting) but I can't say I'm a fan of it and kyudo isn't particularly fun to watch, so unless something story wise catches my attention, a potential drop.
Oct 22, 2018 7:42 PM

Apr 2013
TodAboT said:
TriZen said:

He literally tried his best to avoid it; he was hesitant to even see it. The first time he went he didn't know it was Kyudo, and the second time he got forced/pressured by his friend and then by everybody around him.

I doubt a person trying his best to avoid a thing goes out of his way to see the thing.

You have a point, yes he has fear toward Kyudo, but like I said, getting involved is different from simply watching. Also, I think the Tsurune (the noise) has a special meaning to him. It's what makes him took interest in Kyudo after all. So, when he heard this Tsurune sound from the hill, his inner consciousness urged him go to the source of that sound. He knows that It's not like by just going there he would be forced to take part in Kyudo as that would need him to face his fear. He just need to watch and hear someone who was practicing his Kyudo. Different from the time when his friend pressured him to go to the club introduction. He knows that by agreeing to his friend's invitation there is a possibility that he will be dragged into doing Kyudo that would require him to face his fear. Nonetheless he still came and the fear he had about being dragged into doing some Kyudo came true. Also, Seiya who was in the same Kyudo club in middle school was there too. Maybe he's still feel guilty or embarrassed by his failure at the competition.
He avoided his fear of failing at Kyudo's competition, not really Kyudo as a sport itself. He even still brings his Kyudo's gloves every day, therefore it shows that although he has fear toward Kyudo, it doesn't mean that he want to avoid Kyudo in totality. I might be wrong, but at least that's what I understand so far.
TriZenOct 22, 2018 9:35 PM
Oct 23, 2018 12:16 AM

Apr 2012
It is probably too early, but it is already beginning to seem to me that here we will get the next Hanebado in terms of drama. At the same time, I am rather surprised that this anime did not have as many shoujo vibes as in Free.

Oct 23, 2018 12:27 AM
Oct 2018
it was just..generic. there's no outstanding scene, everything is predictable.
Oct 23, 2018 12:40 AM

Apr 2013
Solid episode for me. Yes it might be generic, but not necessarily bad in any way at least for me. I expected some youthful slice of life drama with Kyudo as the center and enjoyable character interactions and I got those. As usual, the art and animation are superb, but a bit below the usual KyoAni's standard, probably because they decided to use a more grounded art style. I found the soundtrack surprisingly good and I got some shivers from it. Really enjoyed it.
Oct 23, 2018 12:57 AM

Oct 2017
A pretty slow start, but a good one. And the best news is I love archery, yay.
Oct 23, 2018 2:40 AM

Jul 2017
It's generic, but it's not so bad.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Oct 23, 2018 7:48 AM

Oct 2008
So this time, KyoAni's doing Gay Archery!?
But I have to say, KyoAni's animation is really flawless & realistic! thumbs-up for that! well, they're always good at that department.
4/5.

Oct 23, 2018 9:14 AM

Jul 2016
An anime archery made by KyoAni.As expected, KyoAni never fails to impressed me with the visuals, Cute bois. Sasuga KyoAni. The OP is good as well. Pretty much good introduction to premise and characters. This is indeed something to look forward.
Oct 23, 2018 3:13 PM

Oct 2017
I really like the character design of this show :P
I like their design better than Free's casts.

Kyoto Anime finally back to its root.

Oct 23, 2018 4:21 PM
May 2007
GlowingAura said:
EDIT: Japanese speakers—is tsurune written as 弦音 in Kanji to mean "bowstring sound"? But the official title is in Kana, so it's confusing me.

I'm also interested to know after I found that kanji from intro page. I'm thinking maybe because it's a sound word? I found a kyudo terminology page that describes the same kanji.
Oct 23, 2018 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
Ugh, I loved it. I expected to like it and I really did.

I'm really curious about where Masaki and Minato's relationship is going to go. They seem to be the rivals like Rin and Haru but they don't know each other beforehand so that interests me. I wonder how they will inspire and push each other. Meanwhile, Seiya is the "Makoto" in this situation but he's one of the more talented ones too. I didn't expect Minato to have a sad backstory man... I'm looking forward to more.

Also, the ED was gorgeous!
Oct 23, 2018 6:35 PM
Jan 2018
TriZen said:
You need to realize that there is a thing called personal preferences.

V E R Y
I R O N I C
TriZen said:
Also just my observation, but I think anime might be a wrong hobby for you because you dropped so many and you are easily annoyed by the usual anime trope. It might be best for you to stop watching anime or at least do your own research on what anime will be good before watching it to avoid watching anime you don't like. Thanks

So now we are judging each other? Wack.
On that note, very brave to have comments disabled on your profile.
Oct 23, 2018 9:12 PM

Jun 2014
That was pretty disappointing. A real snorefest if I ever saw one. Out of all the currently airing Anime I'm watching right now, this appears to be the most mediocre of them all.

Hopefully, things will improve in the next episode.

Oct 25, 2018 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode. Although yeah, it was generic, I love KyoAni and sports anime.
Oct 27, 2018 1:21 PM

Jun 2017
"We're Kyo Freaking Ani, we deliver awesome animation, we don't need a plot."

Oct 27, 2018 11:59 PM

Aug 2018
If he hates himself over missing a target from that far away, then he would definitely have a heart attack if he saw me missing from 30 ft out
Oct 28, 2018 1:21 PM

Jan 2016
The Hyouka follow-up we were waiting for. What a beautiful experience this is, in only one episode almost everything has been established and every single shot is telling something about the characters, the conflict or creating an atmosphere.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful,
Nov 4, 2018 9:36 PM
Dec 2016
It was okay. Like most other KyoAni works the art is stunning and the attention-to-detail is second to none, but the story, for a lack of a better word, didn't hook me and going for the
instead of something original left me wanting more.

That said, the ending set up something interesting so I'll probably give it the full three episode test.
Nov 9, 2018 1:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A new anime with a punctual thematic.
The anime title became from the noise of the arc, interesting idea!
The first episode was positive and we could watch the principal characters and a few their personalities.
Nov 11, 2018 1:44 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
What's up with Kyo Ani and always trying to force peeps to join stuff that they've continually told others they don't want to do? Like holy crap, leave people alone. Do like Golden Sun and when they say like, "Will you go on this quest?" and you say 'No' then friggen you leave and the game ends. That's it and that's all. Dang stop heckling these poor characters. Rude af. He's trying to provide for his family like dang, let the boy BE.

Anyway, it's some beautiful stuff and I picked it up because I've always been really interested in Archery-- only having done it like once in my life. Still, something about this anime makes it seem like it's going to be some of the same old same old. Like straight up, I'm getting Hanebado flashbacks, but unlike Hanebado where the first episode was more of Nagisa's problem with not being the best teammate along with having her own limitations, Tsurune kinda goes right into it and I'm like, "Aggggh". I honestly want to pretend I never watched it, but it's so pretty that I can't help but want to keep going. I've done this to myself.

Honestly, I'm more interested in the veteran females of the club. They look bad ass. As for the rest of the cast... meh. Show me some more about them and I might bite.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 15, 2018 1:12 PM

Feb 2015
These leaves effects are ugly and feel out of place.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Nov 27, 2018 12:15 PM

Aug 2017
The start was ok. It seems that the plot is generic but I think the drama will be better than Violet Everboring.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 5, 2018 9:54 PM
Mar 2014
I liked this episode but as of late this seems to be the typical sports anime
Jul 28, 2019 2:47 AM

Aug 2009
KyoAni has been my favorite studio since I started watching anime 10 years ago. In light of recent events, I've decided to re-watch some of their old shows and check out shows that I haven't seen yet.

As expected, Tsurune looks great. Loved the first half of the episode as well, even though it felt a bit cliche at times. The drama arrived way too soon tho.
We'll see where this goes. KyoAni has never made a show that I have disliked, so I'll probably enjoy this as well. First impression could be better tho.
Dec 10, 2020 10:42 AM

Jun 2020
I love it already, I felt it was really elegant & nuanced. And as expected of Kyoani, it was beautiful to watch!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 26, 2021 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
for once the club didn't start undernumbered with members trying to save it. That's good.

I never expected to see a hottie shooting arrows bare-chested under moonlight. That's a pleasant surprise.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 17, 2022 4:34 AM

Nov 2020
What a fresh breath of air this anime! 🤩
And Kyoto Animation is delivering great as usual! 🙌🙌
Really looking forward to the rest!
---- Life is nothing but goodbyes ----

Apr 13, 2022 12:28 PM

Feb 2020
I guess it was an okay start

The animation looks neat, which is expected from Kyoto Animation.

SerafosMar 6, 5:58 AM
Aug 27, 2022 2:36 AM
Apr 2022
vjvh j b b bj b b b b b bb
Oct 2, 2022 4:56 PM

Aug 2019
Why do have such a boring clubs here 😭

And who the hell is the handsome beautiful man in the end
Jan 2, 2023 6:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty cool 1st episode, reviving an Archery club at high school might be interesting, also drama is already here
Jan 15, 2023 7:12 PM

Oct 2015
Been 4 years! Re-watching this because S2 is airing this season and I needed my re-watch! Gosh, I missed this anime!
   HuaLian <3
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

47 by nushrathumaira »»
Aug 18, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2019

92 by Letizia_Lento »»
Aug 9, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2019

47 by Mirorin »»
Jun 8, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2018

47 by Mirorin »»
Jun 8, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2018

75 by Mirorin »»
Jun 8, 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.