Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2011 1:44 PM
Jun 2011
As always, after finishing an anime I'll ask users who saw or haven't seen it to give their thoughts about it. So, as the topic says. What do you think of Seirei no Moribito?

I enjoyed the show a lot. Liked the old, Japanese setting and how some of the characters were realistic. Plot wasn't terrible, but the ending, or at least a couple minutes before while two of the main characters were having a moment, made me go okay?

Overall I found the anime to be very much enjoyable, great animation, used a lot of colors that Ghibli would use. Characters were average, with the Balsa and maybe Chagum being the exception. Music-wise, the opening was decent, ending didn't enjoy that much, but the other songs used fit the show well.
Aug 19, 2011 2:21 PM

Aug 2011
I remember watching it when it came on Adult Swim, and everytime I did, I ended up falling asleep. The plot was interesting, but in the end I couldn't get myself to watch/like it, no matter how much I wanted myself to.

Aug 19, 2011 2:27 PM

Jun 2011
The show's awesome. Balsa is the best character I've seen in ages, she's strong and intelligent. A real compliment to the gender.
The art was fantastic and plot intrigued me, although I think it could have been handled better.
Overall, I think Seirei no Moribito was a great watch.
Aug 19, 2011 5:15 PM

Jul 2011
i never finished it ...although it did have an interesting plot and was very well put together i just never really seemed to get into it so eventually i ended up dropping it ...but to answer your question i thought it was ok
Apr 17, 2012 2:03 PM
Jun 2008
just picked it up after a couple of recommendations from friends. 2 episode in, and I don't know it starting off kind of slow I think. I hope it's not one of those overrated show.
Apr 17, 2012 6:01 PM

Aug 2008
It became my favorite!
I was just so satisfied with everything in this series!
I didn't find it boring, it was just maybe "slow-paced" to some people? I actually find the pacing just perfect, not too rushed, not to slow, just enough to make me concentrate on the plot and enjoy it the the fullest.
Jul 30, 2012 8:07 PM
May 2010
Best Anime i've ever seen, I've seen 4 years maybe so this in not emotions talking
Aug 2, 2012 1:51 AM

Nov 2010
It has a great story, the animation is good, but my enjoyment was just ok, there is something about it maybe its the pacing that makes it so boring, I would like more fighting. I think it would have been great maybe as 13 episodes.
Jun 23, 2015 2:51 PM

Feb 2008
the striking thing about this anime is that there are no evil characters. everyone is good in their own way. Misguided for sure but not evil. it can be quite naive in the way people were too quick to accept reason over ambition, but then again, a feudal system that is not rife with corruption would produce loyal people who do what it takes to serve their lords without personal motive.
Jun 29, 2015 1:17 PM

Oct 2011
This anime was a masterpiece! Rarely do I binge watch an anime and I could not stop watching this. Amazing story, characters, art style, music and voice acting. 10/10
Aug 12, 2015 7:03 PM

Nov 2014
I am 8 episodes in and I like it. The only complain I have is pacing.

Aug 12, 2015 9:43 PM

Aug 2015
It's fantastic, and the lead characters are great.
May 25, 2018 8:55 AM

May 2018
I'm gonna tel why people fall asleep during this anime, despite it having nice art, supposedly an interesting story and a rich world: all characters are bland and show barely any personality that would go beyond the description of their role.
Anyone who thinks Balsa is a good female character, I pity your naivete. Just imagine a male in her place and everything will become clear. It would be a most boring, stiff, brick wall type of a character, with a personality that would better fit a role of something like "Imperial Guard #2". But make this character a woman and suddenly it's a strong female lead? Please...

Make no mistake, what many describe as problems with pacing, is actually the effect of mindnumbingly dull cast. When the story takes a backseat and there's not much going on, they can't bring even a smidgen of life into their interactions.
Sclr1May 27, 2018 1:44 AM
Dec 27, 2022 12:05 PM

Apr 2021
Now that's a great show. I can't shake off a Mononoke Hime feeling when rethinking about it : the same focus on characters, the attention given to them and their past, the will to show different cultures with their peculiarities and the conflicts between them, the brutal and highly dynamic fights while keeping bloodshed to a minimum, the small dose of fantastic but not too much, the great visuals and animation, the powerful story with good writing. I found more than a few similarities and if the direction could not match the brilliance of Miyazaki, it's still pretty strong. I came to this show because it was directed by Kamiyama Kenji and some episodes were directed by Masui Souichi. I was amazed by their work on Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex and for the later, on Seishun Buta Yarou. And they also did an great job on this one, finding just the good balance between actions scenes and more intimate ones, dynamic fights and slow emotional moments. Even the music is pretty good, apart from the credits at the beginning and the end which may be the only failed parts of this otherwise great anime.
Sep 22, 7:05 PM
May 2018
Since 2015 I’ve watched this series 4 times. It’s hands down my favorite anime. I love that it’s slow paced and gentle while still having strong characters and a solid plot.
Sep 23, 10:51 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to ALaughInHerEye
Since 2015 I’ve watched this series 4 times. It’s hands down my favorite anime. I love that it’s slow paced and gentle while still having strong characters and a solid plot.
@ALaughInHerEye

Yet you have Fruits Basket and Made in Abyss ahead of it in your favorites.
Sep 23, 11:00 AM

Apr 2024
It's okay, but gets silly towards the end. Also, the protagonists weren't all that believable as characters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 23, 2007

61 by Safrichh »»
Oct 16, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 18 Discussion

mild_even - Aug 14, 2007

34 by Safrichh »»
Oct 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ashura - Aug 9, 2007

51 by Safrichh »»
Oct 5, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 16 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

47 by Safrichh »»
Sep 21, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Faust721 - Oct 17, 2007

217 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Aug 23, 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.