Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 18, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot focus on Marrine this episode. She looks broken tbh but I don't really feel bad for her.

In the meantime, Alexis' forces are moving forward across the sea with their own plan. Honestly, I think he makes a decent leader. He may not be the best fighter but he's able to command his forces well with direction. The enemies they faced off aren't even quite human this episode...

The action got fierce.
May 18, 2018 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
Watching Marrine suffer makes me happy. Also what was up with that animation? It was god awful this week. I guess they're trying to save their budget for the final battle.
GreenEmuMay 18, 2018 10:05 AM
May 18, 2018 10:04 AM

Jun 2015
Seeing Marrine suffer brings a smile to my face. Alexis was quite formidable in his battles, but the art and animation was god-awful. The way he controls the battlefield was cool.
May 18, 2018 10:09 AM

Sep 2014
Akexis is really fit to become a commander rather than a fighter,
And I see they are saving the budget for the next eii Hype for the upcoming battles.
May 18, 2018 10:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Alexis's directing of the battle was like directing a play or in this case creating a painting. Alexis taking to the field no doubt was a hell of a surprise to Marrine. Those nord beserkers though really are creepy and kinda look like zombies. But their impact was much more deadly during the dusk battle though. The nord lord really was a monster though. Alexis's bespectacled female mage sure saved the day. Silica's next plan though sounds a bit risky. An excellent episode that showed Alexis's prowess on the field as a strategist. The battle against Dawson and the nords were both excellent. Im curious about whether Silica's theory was right though. Looks like the next battle will be a crucial one and the key to finding the truth about the disaster.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2018 10:12 AM
Sep 2015
This episode has even faster pace than the already fast pace as usual. Whoever is the true villain (probable chaos being with the help of mage academia) is really smart that it make human fight among themselves so much. But I'll never ever understand this logic, Tragic Hall Victim: 2 people, Plan to Prevent Another Tragic Hall Victim: 20,000 people and counting.
May 18, 2018 10:16 AM
Mar 2018
phantomfandom said:
This episode has even faster pace than the already fast pace as usual. Whoever is the true villain (probable chaos being with the help of mage academia) is really smart that it make human fight among themselves so much. But I'll never ever understand this logic, Tragic Hall Victim: 2 people, Plan to Prevent Another Tragic Hall Victim: 20,000 people and counting.
Japanese logic OMEGALUL
May 18, 2018 10:29 AM

Nov 2016
Alexi's first fight was quite interesting, his formation was really like a paint work.

Marrine got more focus in the episode, she is shocked knowing what Alexis is doing. The Nords fight was really gruesome. Those guys weren't human at all, very scary. Alexis doesn't seem to be a great fighter, but only good at strategics.

The war between the three groups is about to start. Hope it gets a nice ending.
May 18, 2018 10:30 AM
Sep 2015
SNDT said:
phantomfandom said:
Japanese logic OMEGALUL

I'm trying to summuarize Grancrest tone in one line "The story is about people who have done bad things. Not because they are bad, but because they made bad decisions."
May 18, 2018 10:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
For phecks sake I know the levels in the quality of animation fluctuate according to the story/budgetary limitations, but this episode was beyond ridiculous. Embarrissingly bad. How can Aniplex put their name behind this with a serious face? Some parts looked worse than outsourced stuff from the early 80's
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 18, 2018 10:39 AM

Jul 2017
One of the weakest episodes in a while in this show. The animation really was atrocious this week and kinda ruined the hype action in the episode.

And I really could not give a shit for Marrine and anything she is trying to accomplish.

I hope for the eventual climactic battle, the animation is much better.
May 18, 2018 10:46 AM

Jul 2009
Quality was one same level of DragonBall Super 1st episodes...
NOt bloody enough. i dont remember a sole man having enough blood to fill an olympic pool
bruh
May 18, 2018 10:48 AM

Feb 2014
Alexis really is quite formidable as a leader. The way he moves his troops both strategically and generously is commendable. His troops are loyal to his creed.

And now finally we'll get the most awaited finale's prologue.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 18, 2018 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
the only thing good about this is Alexis actually being a good strategist. Couldn't careless about Marrine. Garbage character. Silluca(best girl) doesn't care either. Give us more Alexis being a badass or more Theo
May 18, 2018 10:59 AM
Feb 2013
dasprn said:
Alexis really is quite formidable as a leader. The way he moves his troops both strategically and generously is commendable. His troops are loyal to his creed.

Being a formidable leader is rather easy when your opponents are brain dead.
let's leave our fortress to charge on foot opponents whose numbers surpass ours/ let's do a sea battle without any ranged weapon or smaller boat.
May 18, 2018 11:05 AM
May 2015
Pretty boring episode. Marrine is just not a good antagonist or character

Milza was more interesting. Hated him but as an antagonist he was good and had badass fight scenes...Also not sure about her "sacrifices" performed horrible things for almost no reason other than "muahaha" evil and tried to dress it up as necessary slept with Milza which actually benefitted Milza more since he was the actual power behind Marrine in the first place

Chosen360May 18, 2018 11:10 AM
May 18, 2018 11:06 AM
Mar 2018
Whyktor said:
dasprn said:

let's leave our fortress to charge on foot opponents whose numbers surpass ours/ let's do a sea battle without any ranged weapon or smaller boat.

it's a description of every battle in this anime
May 18, 2018 11:24 AM

Feb 2014
Whyktor said:
dasprn said:

Well if you have watched NGNL then you'll understand what I mean to say.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 18, 2018 11:25 AM
Dec 2017
By far the best episode so far, animation was amazing.
May 18, 2018 11:36 AM

Nov 2008
Well Dawson seemed to understand when Alexis is motivated he is very skilled at making you part of his 'art' Though Dawson is just power hungry. So he lost his lands and his crest but was spared. Alexis still doesn't LIKE to the fight that is part of the point of the episode. He fights because he has to; he will only ever fight because he must and his men and mage/bodyguards (Credit to her btw she had some nice moves) are both Loyal and Protective - a stark contrast to the Nord king and most of his men; who fought because they desire to kill and plunder almost a Direct Anti Thesis; Now I await also to see the Red heads reaction her 'invincible' king is no more.. So does that make her the Queen of the Nords? Or whats left of them.

Marrine's reaction upon finding out it was Alexis who now leds union forces on the battle field was what I expected- pained and sad and confused. When asks Siluca what he was told to make him fight; she is given an honest answer; and it likely pained her more than the initial report- that he actually doing it to 'save her' from herself. (Judging by her lashing out it seemed obvious)

And was glad to see I wasn't far off the mark with my own personal suspicions of the mage association ; and I have a feeling the Pope while maybe not involved in the GHT - is certainly going to be making this a more messy battlefield.

Just my guess but the stretch run episodes here are going to be adapting the final 2 volumes.
sirwenceMay 18, 2018 11:46 AM
May 18, 2018 12:07 PM

Feb 2016
5 episodes left. Good.

If Alexis was so good at battle, as pictured in this episode, I wonder why he was sitting like duck until now.

At least I enjoyed that Nord Lord's mindless struggle.

For me, Marrine is still a better character.
May 18, 2018 12:24 PM
Jun 2017
Aeoness said:
5 episodes left. Good.

If Alexis was so good at battle, as pictured in this episode, I wonder why he was sitting like duck until now.

At least I enjoyed that Nord Lord's mindless struggle.

For me, Marrine is still a better character.
I've been asking myself the same question the guy is pretty good strategist although to his defence alexis dislike war but the most simple reason is plot
May 18, 2018 12:34 PM

Sep 2010
Episode 1-17: Marrine doesn't love me anymore, please kill me T_T
Episode 18: She still loves you, m8! ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ
Episode 19: Kill them all and let's end this! ಠ益ಠ

/_\
May 18, 2018 12:46 PM
Oct 2017
My key to watch this is not to take it seriously, and the animation of this episode was a great help for that.
May 18, 2018 12:51 PM

Aug 2013
Just waiting to see Marrine's defeat...I hope it's as soul-crushing and gruesome as I imagine it to be.
Don't believe the hype.
May 18, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2007
Was Nord King some kind of holy grail? Because he managed to blood out at least one bloody pool ocean lol.

Also, I can see what they are trying to do. Let three forces clash and for their enemies lurking in the shadows will show up when something won't go their way (truce?! no way we allow that!) and the strong enemy will force them to work together against it.
May 18, 2018 2:36 PM

Feb 2015
The animation quality was all over the place especially when the sea king climbed onto the iron clad ship. It literally went to shit.

That said it was still an interesting episode. I do feel this show is probably too ambitious for its own good at times
May 18, 2018 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
The fights had a big focus on this episode, as did Alexis and Marrine, I do not really care much about these two, or their extreme personality does not please me, I did not enjoy seeing Alexis as a 'regent' in battle, he stayed crying so far in the anime and then become a great leader, was a bit unfocused in my opinion, but at least he is not good in combat, against those nordicos maybe no one would be, did not look really human ..

Well, I hope the focus goes back to Theo and his allies, I'd be happier to see Aishela, Irvin and Priscilla a bit more than these other characters, but I'm really worried about how much these final episodes can be rushed, I hope the plot compensse this ..
May 18, 2018 4:11 PM
Jan 2017
The animation might feel off sometimes and the battles might lose of their urgency and emotional stakes, but overall the episode does a good job in showcasing Alexis' evolution from a weak-willed but well-intentioned leader out of his depth into an efficient leader with strong ideals and convictions. I might feel sad for Marrine and her reservations of going into conflict with him, but she wasn't exactly one of my favorite characters in the show. For me, she is just there. Anyway, the three factions will face each other soon and we can expect the series will enter in its final phase, with more surprises and development in the horizon.
May 18, 2018 4:34 PM
Dec 2016
No Siluca episode = bad episode
I found it a little boring even though there are lot of action. Don’t care about Marrine’s drama and « oh i did lot of sacrifice ! » when all she lost was her virginity.
Alexis probably is cool but it didn’t touch me

But daaaammmn this Erik King got some blood ! Enough to fill an Olympic Pool as said earlier wtf
May 18, 2018 5:42 PM
Apr 2018
Maderpaker if it weren't for the horrendous as hell animation this might have been one of the best episodes for me. Alexis was so badass so was his servant girl who i thought was a mage but looked more like an artist(i thought her clothes were dominatrix though lol). They better made the last episodes animation better than this as i don't want to go through another crap like that again.
May 18, 2018 6:11 PM

Sep 2017
BRILHA ALEXIS CARALHO
May 18, 2018 6:52 PM
Jan 2018
drama_menck said:
The fights had a big focus on this episode, as did Alexis and Marrine, I do not really care much about these two, or their extreme personality does not please me, I did not enjoy seeing Alexis as a 'regent' in battle, he stayed crying so far in the anime and then become a great leader, was a bit unfocused in my opinion, but at least he is not good in combat, against those nordicos maybe no one would be, did not look really human ..

Well, I hope the focus goes back to Theo and his allies, I'd be happier to see Aishela, Irvin and Priscilla a bit more than these other characters, but I'm really worried about how much these final episodes can be rushed, I hope the plot compensse this ..
although your right but it was never said that alexis wasn't a good leader or technician infact it wouldn't have been strange if he also was a good fighter you have to remember he doesn't like war, but aside from that it's more the writers fault for not using him for some reason they could've made him battle marrine from the beginning but that's how they made the plot
May 18, 2018 7:36 PM

Feb 2015
Sacrifices? What fucking sacrifices? All you've done is thrown your virginity down a hole and made a whole bunch of stupid decisions. Fuck off with this retarded J-Drama anime GoT wannabe.

And my god, the awful animation strikes again.
May 18, 2018 8:31 PM
Sep 2017
If marrine would end up with alexis..then i would be fine, but i want to see marrine supper more and pay for the sins made before she gets her own happy ending.

May 18, 2018 9:20 PM

Oct 2014
The direction was good, but the art certainly wasn’t. It looked like Gonzo art for most of it, Alexis’ battle style would have looked really good with that experimental style, but you can’t win them all I suppose.
Aside from the story regressing into its old problems of introducing a few characters for the sake of an episode long war then killing them off by the end, this episode was pretty entertaining. Not just mindless ultraviolence, there was strategy, Alexis’ character growth, and the tormented Marine getting closer to a resolution.
Also Viking zombies.
May 18, 2018 10:06 PM

Oct 2013
"This could very well trigger another Great Hall Tragedy...no,it could be something even more gruesome." she say's, LOL! Woman, you've already triggered plenty of gruesome things already. Dunno if the ones who planned the tragedy can top her ~ she probably exceeded their expectations!
May 18, 2018 11:25 PM

Sep 2016
Good Lord. Not another episode that makes me question why I am still watching this mess.

OH MAH GAWD ART IN A BATTLE FIELD. 100/100 BATTLE TACTICS.

Speaking of art, the animation has got to be kidding me. Reaching new lows seems to be the aim of the show at this rate, sad since the show could have done a lot of things in a better way, like characterisation for one, or better direction and tactics. Some sense as to what is happening but NO ALEXIS CAN PAINT THE BATTLEFIELD AND MAKE HIS WARRIORS DANCE.

There's still hope left after all this. If the show manages to satisfy me with it's final battle, maybe I'll go positive but for now, I'm drowning in the negatives. Pun intended.
May 18, 2018 11:55 PM

Jul 2015
Good episode though the animation quality was lower compared to the others.

Alexis is such a great strategist,he viewed the whole war as a painting. Also the berserk mode of the Nord's was quite interesting.

I really liked the ninja girls martial arts.

I don't really feel sorry for Marine,she brought this upon himself.

Seems like the final enemy the Mage Academy and the Chaos lord along with the vampire.

May 19, 2018 1:28 AM

Apr 2009
Heads casually falling off the bodies. The fights scenes never get old because of how hilariously bad they are.
May 19, 2018 1:54 AM
Feb 2017
Wow. The amount of blood from The Sea King was just unreal. ^_^
May 19, 2018 2:46 AM

Aug 2012
This show would be so much more better if the Alexis wasn't such a beta and Marines actions were more justifiable. Sure would make all the focus on them more bearable.

Part of me was hoping the nord king would off Alexis..

No werewolf twins this episode :/

No THICC Aishela this episode :/

No Theo and Siluca moments this episode :/

#JusticeForVillarSama
May 19, 2018 6:09 AM

May 2015
well the quality is realy horrible when the viking fight scene come

looks like their focus on next episode

it's just kinda shame i wanna see more the viking in action but their just get suicidal berserker till the end xD

i hope 5 episode more will be in good shape

it's kinda shame the fight scene between Alexis and Erik didnt do correctly and really lose it's intense because low quality

not really bad pace but surely the fight scene about the viking is done more correctly

i hope the blu ray correct that
May 19, 2018 6:27 AM

Jul 2014
holy shit the quality for this episode is terrible...

i hope, and really hope this Marinne bitch got what she deserves in the end, i don't want any happy ending bullshit for her, she typically one of character i really hate in this anime..
May 19, 2018 6:38 AM

Jul 2014
phantomfandom said:

This, this is something i will never understand or maybe the anime just telling it in wrong way, like the only person who give a damn for soldiers who lost their lives is just Theo, what need to be prevented and protected if thousand of lives are gone already lol, what a "biggest" tragedy gonna happen btw, because we haven't seen what something really terrible happen caused by this mentioned chaos and there are only small explanation about this in the anime, if that really happen why they not combine their power to fight together, that's why i hate this marinne girl so much, everyone seems have to do this war just because her stupid ego and stubborn to not accept another options, like the only way to unite everyone is by using millitary way only? Siluca already gives her a chance but no, her ego doesn't allow that to happen, she needs to suffer a lot in the end imo..
May 19, 2018 6:59 AM
Mar 2018
2 old geezers died - Great Hall Tradegy

Thousands of people killed during the war - Meh, not a big deal. Marinne just made bad decisions.

Ex Dee
May 19, 2018 7:19 AM

Sep 2015
Alex cried and almost fainted just seeing how the enemy general sacrificed his humanity because of power, pride and bloodlust. I wonder what he will do when he discover the sneaky and dirty war movements Marrined have been doing. Filthy woman.
May 19, 2018 7:51 AM

Aug 2012
The battles were ok although again bad strategy and armor that does not work and again ful frontal attacks except for Alexis.
The most annoying part is the writers attempting to make us feel sorry and sympthatetic to Marrine. But she will remain a dumb crazy whore tat deserves to die. And her insanity about the Grand Hall tragedy.... it makes no fucking sense.
May 19, 2018 7:52 AM

Aug 2012
phantomfandom said:
Marinne is crazy dumb whore . No need to understand more.
May 19, 2018 7:54 AM

Aug 2012
sirwence said:
Well Dawson seemed to understand when Alexis is motivated he is very skilled at making you part of his 'art' Though Dawson is just power hungry. So he lost his lands and his crest but was spared. Alexis still doesn't LIKE to the fight that is part of the point of the episode. He fights because he has to; he will only ever fight because he must and his men and mage/bodyguards (Credit to her btw she had some nice moves) are both Loyal and Protective - a stark contrast to the Nord king and most of his men; who fought because they desire to kill and plunder almost a Direct Anti Thesis; Now I await also to see the Red heads reaction her 'invincible' king is no more.. So does that make her the Queen of the Nords? Or whats left of them.

Marrine's reaction upon finding out it was Alexis who now leds union forces on the battle field was what I expected- pained and sad and confused. When asks Siluca what he was told to make him fight; she is given an honest answer; and it likely pained her more than the initial report- that he actually doing it to 'save her' from herself. (Judging by her lashing out it seemed obvious)

And was glad to see I wasn't far off the mark with my own personal suspicions of the mage association ; and I have a feeling the Pope while maybe not involved in the GHT - is certainly going to be making this a more messy battlefield.

Just my guess but the stretch run episodes here are going to be adapting the final 2 volumes.
That is not enough pain. She needs to tortured continuosly and raped continuously forever for what she did.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

490 by metalrain_15 »»
Aug 20, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

102 by Inconsistent1 »»
Aug 12, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2018

76 by Airs »»
Jun 9, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2018

86 by IskandarThain »»
May 17, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2018

53 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.