Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 5, 2018 3:31 PM

Apr 2009
AbeldeMedici said:
In the beginning this looked very promising. However, I feel like they're partly ruining it with too much foreshadowing in the very first episode.

About Luxembourg, I thought it was a transcription error?

The thing I liked most were those Rainbow Shogun scenes with the epic music XD
I'll wait some more episodes to judge. Liked it, but I didn't fall instantly in love with it.
anyway i was the one who typo the Luxembourg thing down there and i only use it as real life equivalent reference
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 5, 2018 3:39 PM

Feb 2018
Prankster_001 said:
AbeldeMedici said:
In the beginning this looked very promising. However, I feel like they're partly ruining it with too much foreshadowing in the very first episode.

I'll wait some more episodes to judge. Liked it, but I didn't fall instantly in love with it.
anyway i was the one who typo the Luxembourg thing down there and i only use it as real life equivalent reference

Yep, I meant I thought the anime name (Lasenbourg?) was the typo, but then came here and saw everyone was using it so I suppose they use a fictional name.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Apr 5, 2018 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
Really good start. This might be one of the ones I don't drop this season. Excited for the next episode.
Apr 5, 2018 3:47 PM

Sep 2016
Prankster_001 said:
iliyanski89 said:
That redhead should die. Totally killed my mood already and it's the first episode. My guess is maybe one or more episodes and this is gonna be dropped.3D kanojo is way better.
curses you dude 3d Kanojo was made by the studio who made the disastrous Marchen Madchen and u said that it was good? anyway anyway i got completely sold on this anime and even i myself will continue watching this anime instead of that 3D Kanojo bullshit
They are both good in their own ways. 3D focus is going to be on the main couple and has a smaller cast than Tada-kun.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 5, 2018 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
Nice to see Mamoru Miyano voicing another comical character, haven't seen one in a while.

Nothing particularly special so far though. Anime felt like product placement for Nikon.
Apr 5, 2018 4:03 PM
Jan 2015
Just a thought... When Teresa first introduced herself, she might have been going to say, "Teresa, Duchess of Larsenburg."
Apr 5, 2018 4:33 PM

May 2015
So from the studio and staff that did Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun comes Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai. Gotta say that I liked the first episode, and I liked the comedy. And Teresa a cutie.

So far, so good.

Apr 5, 2018 4:58 PM

Jul 2017
This might be the anime of the season for me (Not counting sequels)
Apr 5, 2018 5:09 PM
Apr 2015
Was pretty good, and I'm not into romance that much. Pretty predictable plot points though. I'm guessing Teresa is royalty and her family has some connection to the coffe shop/grandpa. I'm also guessing the glasses girls also has a thing for the MC, while red head warms up to the best friend over time. Still though not too many decent rom com anime's as of late so I'll watch.
Apr 5, 2018 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
That was a fun first episode, Teresa was adorable, foreign blondes are a blessing.

Where can I watch Rainbow shogun?

Apr 5, 2018 5:21 PM
Aug 2016
This seems like it's sponsored by Nikon. Is there anything out there to back that up? I couldn't find anything.
Apr 5, 2018 5:40 PM

Sep 2017
shanimebib said:
The way Teresa hid her surname and the way Alec acts like Teresa's bodyguard and addresses her with -sama when they are on their own could virtually mean only one thing!

Why make Teresa a Princess?! Dammit.

I was thinking the same thing.
Apr 5, 2018 5:53 PM

Dec 2012
tingy said:
I thought it was alright for the first episode. Teresa is definitely a very nice girl, but she's also the type of character that I don't particularly find interesting to watch. It's only the first episode though, maybe I'll like her more later on ^^; It was a bit much how Tada coincidentally sees Teresa in just one episode, somewhat immersion breaking. Something else I find weird is how is Alexandra shortened as Alec? Then again, I'm not that familiar with European name pronunciation, so maybe it makes sense in their language.

I do like the lighthearted tone and the visuals. Nyanko Big is hilarious as well, but what a name lol.

It's basically Alek. Alex without the S sound. It's a direct shortening. They were probably going for a more unique name. It's not Alex, but it still makes sense.
Apr 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Sep 2012
AbeldeMedici said:

I mean, they already made it clear that she's from the royal family even before the anime aired with their ads when you look back when it was first announced on MAL.
Apr 5, 2018 6:38 PM
Nov 2015
Sorry this isn't discussion, but can someone please tell me where I can stream this?? Is it funimation, CR, Hulu, Amazon....? I can't seem to find it anywhere
Apr 5, 2018 6:51 PM

Jun 2009
Ep. 1 was okay. So far I'm not really into any of the characters or he humour but I hope it will get better. Also, I agree with everyone saying Teresa is secretly a princess.
Apr 5, 2018 6:56 PM

Jul 2015
Despite of having way too many "accidental" meets in one day for my taste, it seems it will be a decent rom-com.

Apr 5, 2018 7:23 PM

Jun 2013
HOLY FUCK... She's a transfer student? And they ended up in the same class???????????

But nah, it's off to a good start.
Apr 5, 2018 7:26 PM

Jan 2017
Looks promising and cute rom-com. But the only thing I don't understand is why almost everyone says that Alec is already the best girl or what.
Apr 5, 2018 7:30 PM

Apr 2013
Doga Kobo shall never lead me astray. This looks like good stuff so far.

Apr 5, 2018 7:49 PM

Jan 2017
Wow! I'm impressed, after just the first ep, I'm already hooked! Can't wait for next week!
Apr 5, 2018 7:50 PM

Apr 2012
Let me go ahead and beat the dead horse of complaining about far far to many coincidental meetups.

The character interactions are alright so far, hopefully the characters are a bit more fleshed out in the next few episodes.
Apr 5, 2018 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
moonstne said:
Let me go ahead and beat the dead horse of complaining about far far to many coincidental meetups.

The character interactions are alright so far, hopefully the characters are a bit more fleshed out in the next few episodes.

Isn't there a lot of coincidence in anime in general? Realistically, yeah. It's stupid but it's a work of fiction where coincidence can happen as many times.
Apr 5, 2018 8:13 PM
Jan 2018
Liked 1st ep but some thing tells me that this anime will end on a sour note.
Seems like Teresa is an important person by some of her arts imprinted-a blue gown and also the way she is addressed by alec.
Apr 5, 2018 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
Always always always love Mamoru Miyano characters. So funny.

Cute show though. I think this will be an entertaining romance.
Apr 5, 2018 9:21 PM

Dec 2016
wait a minute this is like nozaki-kun s2 lol that dude even has the same voice actor of nozaki
Apr 5, 2018 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
Ok, let me first get this out of the way. I enjoyed the first episode. It was light-hearted, funny, and laid the groundwork for things to come with lots of subtle hints. I'm also probably going to enjoy the show as a whole and I wont regret watching it and wont be disappointed that it was created. Let me also say that I'm not going to compare this to Nozaki-kun since I dont really have a desire to.

That being said, I think this show is basically the ultimate cock-slap to the face of anyone who was a fan of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. It shares a few of the same voice actors, most namely the MC in Nakamura, Yuuichi. Shares the same artist for the opening theme, comes from the same goddamn studio, and basically shares all of the same staff members as well in the exact same roles: same director, same script writer, same music, same band for opening theme, same character designer and animation director.

With all of those similarities, with bringing all of the previous important staff back, and with making every aspect of the show as similar to Nozaki-kun as humanly possible (specifically the comedy so far since we havent delved into any romance yet), why not devote those resources into making a fucking second season of that instead? Especially when it's an already established series with IMMENSE fucking popularity in Japan and internationally. By going anime original you're taking a chance with it being successful (i'm assuming it will be since this show will obviously attract Nozaki-kun fans, and rom-com fans in general)?

Again I have no problems with the show, aside from the fact that the running joke of Ijuuin being terrified of Alec has already been beaten to death inside of one episode and is only bound to get worse. I'm just perplexed as to why they tried so extremely hard to get everyone on board to make as close of a knock-off as possible when they could've just made the real thing.
Apr 5, 2018 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
FlamingMangos said:
moonstne said:

Isn't there a lot of coincidence in anime in general? Realistically, yeah. It's stupid but it's a work of fiction where coincidence can happen as many times.

Wagner also might not be her real last name. Given that she's from a small European country she's probably a duchess or some form of royalty.

FredFriendly said:
Just a thought... When Teresa first introduced herself, she might have been going to say, "Teresa, Duchess of Larsenburg."

That's definitely a possibility as well.

I mean it's literally a fifty-fifty shot. She was either going to introduce herself as "Duchess", or her actual royal last name if she's hiding it begins with "Du".
Jonesy974Apr 5, 2018 9:35 PM
Apr 5, 2018 9:33 PM

Jan 2011
had a fun time watching this ! now i remember why i was looking forward to it Doga Kobo + Nozaki kun staff! ( ^but also when you think about it seriously why didn't we get another Season of nozaki-kun still waiting)

first time i felt real bad for the abused boy after getting hit for hitting on someone he was traumatized lol plus it's Miyano his characters are always fun that it's hard to hate em.

will continue to watch for sure
Apr 5, 2018 9:48 PM
Oct 2017
When u love anime and photography in the same time.

Anyone know what the Teresa' and Kaoru' camera?? (Tada kun is Nikon D7200)
Apr 5, 2018 11:05 PM

Oct 2008
wow! what an impressive first episode!
This show has a lot of balanced elements including comedy, seriousness, relax and nice char design!
This is a sure pick for me.
But i think this has too many/much coincidences!
5/5.

Apr 5, 2018 11:09 PM

Mar 2014

Reminds me of Ellen Baker hype

Apr 5, 2018 11:14 PM

Nov 2017
Prankster_001 said:
iliyanski89 said:
That redhead should die. Totally killed my mood already and it's the first episode. My guess is maybe one or more episodes and this is gonna be dropped.3D kanojo is way better.
curses you dude 3d Kanojo was made by the studio who made the disastrous Marchen Madchen and u said that it was good? anyway anyway i got completely sold on this anime and even i myself will continue watching this anime instead of that 3D Kanojo bullshit

No problem bro. You will watch what you like. That's why this is a discussion thread. Everybody can express their opinions on the show. It doesnt matter that the studio made some bad anime in the past. Anyways im looking forward to the both shows, just my expectations for now are toward 3d kanojo. Thats my opinion.
Apr 5, 2018 11:47 PM

Sep 2012
No ones watching this for the cameras? :(
Apr 6, 2018 12:28 AM
Feb 2017
Well, Doga Kobo has been pretty steady going with their style. It looks as good as it has been with their modern releases. And my god Teresa is adorable.

It was funny overall but I really wish they limit the gag between Kaoru and Alec. It got a bit repetitive even within a single episode. As I expected from the studio but I'd argue that its comedy could possibly be even funnier than things from last year like Gabriel Dropout and Himouto Umaru-chan.

And it would be interesting to see them handle a romance anime properly as I have yet to see them fully nail that. But I am hopeful for this.

And lastly, congratulations to Luxembourg for actually having some mention in anime. Wow, that's amazing. ^_^

Apr 6, 2018 12:29 AM

Mar 2008
I wonder why Alec reacted to the picture in the store. Plus, I swear if they use the "They can't be together cause she is royalty" crap I'm gonna lose my shit.
Apr 6, 2018 12:46 AM
Jul 2016
nina444 said:
another trashy romcom anime *sigh

what's with the hate dude ?
if you dont like "Romance" genre, dont watch it, except you're masochist.
Apr 6, 2018 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
this and Comic Girls will be my weekly dose of cuteness for this season
i liked the first episode
Apr 6, 2018 1:21 AM

Apr 2009
iliyanski89 said:
Prankster_001 said:

No problem bro. You will watch what you like. That's why this is a discussion thread. Everybody can express their opinions on the show. It doesnt matter that the studio made some bad anime in the past. Anyways im looking forward to the both shows, just my expectations for now are toward 3d kanojo. Thats my opinion.
well anyway an opinion can be a truth for a bit
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 6, 2018 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
Looks interesting, especially since it's original series.
Apr 6, 2018 1:28 AM
Apr 2018
Karn250 said:
Are there any similar animes to this one?

Similar in what sense? Like a romance school anime. Normal no fantasy, no 1 guy and 5 girls who like him lol
Apr 6, 2018 1:34 AM

Mar 2014
FlamingMangos said:
No ones watching this for the cameras? :(

Nikon D7200 pretty good one
rich guy even part timing in their own cafe, takes a year to get one

Even Teresa own a Nikon
even the small shrine of the dead has Nikon

Im interested on Ep.2 because of the preview since they are lucky to have Photography Club in their school
Apr 6, 2018 1:50 AM
Mar 2017
A boy who takes a picture of a blonde girl in a cherry tree park and we're in April.
This will end badly: /
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Apr 6, 2018 2:56 AM

Nov 2016
What a good start, chilling and lighthearted. So far really enjoyed the interactions among the characters especially between Alec and the blonde boy. Teresa is such a cute girl.
Apr 6, 2018 4:35 AM

May 2012
1st episode was not so bad. I will probably continue watching it
Apr 6, 2018 5:30 AM

Jul 2014
It is an ok episode, alec looks like maki to me because of the hair
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Apr 6, 2018 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
I really, really liked this! Cute and funny! I'm definitely going to keep watching this. I just hope it won't disappoint as it goes on.

Also, I must say that Mamo fits his character perfectly
Apr 6, 2018 5:55 AM

Jul 2014
The first episode was okay, I like Ijuin so far, he's really funny lol
Apr 6, 2018 8:26 AM

Sep 2011
Its like they were so desperate to copy nozaki-kun that they missed the point and just made a show with tropes nozaki was parodying. It wasnt bad but outside of the expressive animation it felt very lacking in almost everywhere, jokes never really connected, characters feel like they all are copied from other shows, and it just had 1 too many cliches to really be overlooked.

I hope it improves cause otherwise i really regret picking this up.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 6, 2018 12:18 PM
Oct 2017
Overall, it was quite enjoyable. I also hope to see more of ‘Rainbow Shogun’.

-State one color of the rainbow!
-R-red...
-THE COLOR OF THE RAINBOW IS THE RAINBOW! MEET YOUR MAKER!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

59 by okiimal123 »»
Sep 26, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

77 by Seventy7Far »»
May 25, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

13 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 11 Discussion

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.