Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode pre-aired today. (Abema-TV)

Imo, I think Teresa is a really cute girl and the way she introduced herself is just charming. A good portion of the episode featured her and Tada's character chemistry. Pretty sure this show will develop their relationship throughout the rest of the series. It's also nice to see the other main characters appear too especially that Alexandra (redhead) girl.

It's a very lighthearted romance anime so I do expect more characterization. Episode ended with class introduction of Teresa and Alexandra. It's going to be a long year~
Stark700Apr 3, 2018 7:35 AM
Apr 3, 2018 7:42 PM

Mar 2014
comedic romantic anime with some old plots i watched 10 years ago.
Apr 4, 2018 4:07 AM

Oct 2012
So cute and lighthearted, seems like I will enjoy this.
Apr 4, 2018 4:01 PM

Nov 2016
Good old engrish xD

Enjoyable start,exactly my cup of tea.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2018 8:10 PM
Mar 2018
Kaoru’s voice actor must have had either alot of fun or a sore throat after voicing all of Kaoru’s expressions. Enjoyable, nonetheless.

I loved the chemistry between each of the characters amd Teresa is just one lovable Cinnamon Bun. Alec’s and Kaoru’s initial relationship was a good laugh and Teresa’s childish demeanor was so admirable and cute.

Looks like this is going to be my favorite SoL/romance of the season/year.
Apr 4, 2018 8:27 PM

Jun 2015
This was a pretty good first episode. The Engrish was amusing. I'm loving the characters and their chemistry. Looking forward to see more.
Apr 4, 2018 8:32 PM

Dec 2017
Super promising episode 1 so far.

She kinda looks like Zena from Death March.
join the hyper going home club!

Apr 4, 2018 8:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I thought it was alright for the first episode. Teresa is definitely a very nice girl, but she's also the type of character that I don't particularly find interesting to watch. It's only the first episode though, maybe I'll like her more later on ^^; It was a bit much how Tada coincidentally sees Teresa in just one episode, somewhat immersion breaking. Something else I find weird is how is Alexandra shortened as Alec? Then again, I'm not that familiar with European name pronunciation, so maybe it makes sense in their language.

I do like the lighthearted tone and the visuals. Nyanko Big is hilarious as well, but what a name lol.
Apr 4, 2018 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
good first impression. im assuming Teresa is maybe a weeb? lol. Nyanko Big is the greatest name for a cat lol. the side characters are fun too like the best friend and Alex.

i wanna watch Rainbow Samurai now
Apr 4, 2018 8:47 PM

Apr 2009
the first episode was nice and ok :)
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 4, 2018 8:59 PM

Jan 2017
Ryunske said:
Kaoru’s voice actor must have had either alot of fun or a sore throat after voicing all of Kaoru’s expressions. Enjoyable, nonetheless.

I loved the chemistry between each of the characters amd Teresa is just one lovable Cinnamon Bun. Alec’s and Kaoru’s initial relationship was a good laugh and Teresa’s childish demeanor was so admirable and cute.

Lol I actually came to comment on this just because of his VA. I loved it, I knew I recognized it too. It's Mamoru Miyano. Some of his notable roles (for me) include:

Kei Nagai - Ajin
Osamu Dazai - Bungou Stray Dogs
Light Yagami - Death Note
Masaomi Kida - Durarara! (this is the one I recognized it fastest from)
Rin Matsuoka - Free!
Ling Yao - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Tamaki Suou - Ouran High School Host Club
Death the Kid - Soul Eater (this is the next fastest I noticed it from)
Rintarou Okabe - Steins;Gate
Shuu Tsukiyama - Tokyo Ghoul

He's going to have quite a few this Spring 2018 season, with roles in Steins;Gate 0, Tokyo Ghoul :re, Tada Doesn't Fall In Love, Persona 5, and Devil's Line

As for the show, I love it and think its off to a great start. Speculation on Teresa? Maybe she is part of the royal family of Luxembourg *erhm Larsenburg* my bad haha. She could potentially be a princess?!? I really like the setting, and the background art and color sway is really appealing.

Apr 4, 2018 8:59 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
some clichés here and there but pretty impressed sasuga Nozaki-kun staff, this may be the best romcom of the season for me.

Sorry Teresa-chan but Alec best girl.
Apr 4, 2018 9:26 PM

Nov 2007
The way Teresa hid her surname and the way Alec acts like Teresa's bodyguard and addresses her with -sama when they are on their own could virtually mean only one thing!

Why make Teresa a Princess?! Dammit.

I was a bit worried when the PV started with この恋を、一生忘れない (This love, I will never forget). But now I am super worried if this would get a happy ending. Why you do this to me? Don't do this to me.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 9:57 PM

Nov 2011
I'm intrigued if anything after watching this first episode. They kind of throw you right into it with Teresa just CONSTANTLY showing up around Tada. Which I'm okay with especially since this anime will have a decent amount of characters.

There's a lot of questions too. Like what connection does the grandfather have to both Alec and Teresa? Who really is Teresa? What happened to Tada's parents?

Nyanko Big had me rolling though. When Karou walked in I was done.

Alec is best girl though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 4, 2018 10:01 PM

Jan 2018
Well, I guess that I enjoyed the first episode.

I'm just worried that it's not going to turn into some commoner falling in love with some queen, noble or anything because I don't like that kind of stories.
Apr 4, 2018 10:04 PM

Jul 2015
First ep great is great. Like a Nozaki-kun second coming and I'm loving it
Apr 4, 2018 10:28 PM
Mar 2016
so typically
and also bad ending flag trigger
Apr 4, 2018 10:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That was fun and enjoyable. :) I love the character designs. This also gives me Nozaki-kun vibes. I hope no drama happens and that this series continues to be fun & lighthearted like this.

I love how Inori Minase was given the role of the cute imouto. <3 I'm so happy! O(≧∇≦)O
Apr 4, 2018 10:42 PM

Jan 2012
So wait, will only this episode air early or will the fansubs be competing all season with official ones for this show? Regardless, that was pretty adorable and wholesome. Gave off a vague Gochiusa vibe with Nyanko Big and the coffee shop setting. Plus I love the character designs/artstyle. As far as potential romance series go I definitely prefer it to 3D Kanojo so far. I didn't even mind the cliche transfer student ending, and actually got a kick out of the location reveal making Teresa and Alex Tada's neighbors. That little tidbit that got covered up by the traffic concerns me though. Teresa is....what? Royalty? Something that will no doubt threaten to drive the potential budding couple apart. That's really my only concern at the moment as I'd prefer if drama was kept to a minimum with this otherwise relaxing, comfy series. That aside yeah, good stuff. Could wind up being this season's surprise hit for me considering I nearly didn't even watch it.
Apr 4, 2018 10:49 PM

Jul 2017
The engrish was weird but overall, nice comfy romance show to see. I kinda like it so far.
Apr 4, 2018 11:02 PM

Sep 2015
Alright, now this looks like something I can get behind. Probably the second most promising show I've seen so far this season =w=.
That said, I can't help but feel that if Tada was a bit more... well, if he was a bit more Kazuma-like, essentially, then this could be one of the most hilarious anime in quite a long time. Hell, there were multiple scenes already where I imagined a Kazuma-esque reply and none of them failed to manage to make me laugh.

Anyway, yes, looks really enjoyable so far. Not to mention that it's an original anime that's NOT by Pierrot, so we'll most likely even get a real ending to it... yay :3.
Also, Kaoru is awesome. It takes a special kind of person to not only pose when you're fine, but also pose when you're in the middle of being hurled across the room, LOL. This guy might be channeling his inner Katori soon enough :D
Apr 4, 2018 11:09 PM
Jan 2016
I was quite nostalgic watching this. It's like watching rom-com anime from 2000's, even the story beat was quite similar. At the same time, this made the anime felt quite outdated in term of story. Let's see if they have something unique up their sleeve.
Apr 4, 2018 11:10 PM

Mar 2018
This was absolutely adorable.
Apr 4, 2018 11:29 PM

Sep 2012
Anyone knows how many episode this will have? MAL doesn't list them.
Apr 4, 2018 11:30 PM
Jul 2015
Antagonized said:
some clichés here and there but pretty impressed sasuga Nozaki-kun staff, this may be the best romcom of the season for me.

Seems that Alec has set up a flag between herself and the brown-haired guy. The flag has already been raised the moment she kicked that guy lol.

In some animes, some boys and girls do end up as couples even though their first meeting left a bad impression.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Apr 5, 2018 12:16 AM

May 2016
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Antagonized said:

Seems that Alec has set up a flag between herself and the brown-haired guy. The flag has already been raised the moment she kicked that guy lol.

In some animes, some boys and girls do end up as couples even though their first meeting left a bad impression.

SOME ANIME? That's literally the plot of every romance with tsundere main girl EVER!!! LOL
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 5, 2018 12:37 AM

Jul 2017
its pretty decent light rom-com anime .....though i dont expect to high but it is pretty good for 1 time watch
Apr 5, 2018 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
J_LEE_C said:
Ryunske said:

Lol I actually came to comment on this just because of his VA. I loved it, I knew I recognized it too. It's Mamoru Miyano. Some of his notable roles (for me) include:

Kei Nagai - Ajin
Osamu Dazai - Bungou Stray Dogs
Light Yagami - Death Note
Masaomi Kida - Durarara! (this is the one I recognized it fastest from)
Rin Matsuoka - Free!
Ling Yao - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Tamaki Suou - Ouran High School Host Club
Death the Kid - Soul Eater (this is the next fastest I noticed it from)
Rintarou Okabe - Steins;Gate
Shuu Tsukiyama - Tokyo Ghoul

He's going to have quite a few this Spring 2018 season, with roles in Steins;Gate 0, Tokyo Ghoul :re, Tada Doesn't Fall In Love, Persona 5, and Devil's Line

As for the show, I love it and think its off to a great start. Speculation on Teresa? Maybe she is part of the royal family of Luxembourg *erhm Larsenburg* my bad haha. She could potentially be a princess?!? I really like the setting, and the background art and color sway is really appealing.
well i had completely sold on the Blondie girl the Red-haired one also sold for me

Apr 5, 2018 1:17 AM

Apr 2016
Don't disappoint me you have all the things to be a hit of this season.

But the everlasting dancing on the very edge of cliche is strong here.

Again don't disappoint me.

J_LEE_C said:
*erhm Larsenburg* my bad haha. She could potentially be a princess?!?
shanimebib said:

Yep, the moment i heard that weird name of that country i was like damm, here we are again.
SwagernatorApr 5, 2018 1:20 AM
Apr 5, 2018 2:40 AM

Apr 2009
Swagernator said:
Don't disappoint me you have all the things to be a hit of this season.

But the everlasting dancing on the very edge of cliche is strong here.

Again don't disappoint me.

J_LEE_C said:
*erhm Larsenburg* my bad haha. She could potentially be a princess?!?
shanimebib said:

Yep, the moment i heard that weird name of that country i was like damm, here we are again.
for those who don't know Larsenburg-Luxembourg in real life (tbh it's a Grand Duchy European country) located beneath Belgium and Netherlands

Apr 5, 2018 2:42 AM

Apr 2016
Prankster_001 said:
for those who don't know Larsenburg-Luxembourg in real life (tbh it's a Grand Duchy European country) located beneath Belgium and Netherlands

I know what and where is Luxembourg, but i never heard the name they used in this anime.
Apr 5, 2018 2:42 AM

Feb 2017
Yuuichi Nakamura's Engrish keeps me alive.

What a good first episode! I want to rate this anime 10 now, I love it already. Teresa is such a nice person... And could it be that she's a princess? I have this feeling.
Hopefully, next episodes will be equally good or even better!
Apr 5, 2018 4:38 AM

Feb 2017
another trashy romcom anime *sigh
Apr 5, 2018 4:59 AM

Apr 2011
nina444 said:

Wow, what's with the hate?

Anyway, this looks promising.
Apr 5, 2018 5:05 AM

Apr 2009
Swagernator said:
Prankster_001 said:

I know what and where is Luxembourg, but i never heard the name they used in this anime.
anyway i used that as a reference son sorry for d late reply

Apr 5, 2018 5:13 AM
Apr 2018
so far I like the way the plot and the animation of this anime, the episode 1 for me is good
Apr 5, 2018 5:28 AM

Mar 2012
shanimebib said:
The way Teresa hid her surname and the way Alec acts like Teresa's bodyguard and addresses her with -sama when they are on their own could virtually mean only one thing!

I was a bit worried when the PV started with この恋を、一生忘れない (This love, I will never forget). But now I am super worried if this would get a happy ending. Why you do this to me? Don't do this to me.
You know Tada is said to have fear of height which will mean by the end of season he will overcome it by the power of love to go to Larsenburg to Teresa place.

That's just me though.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 5, 2018 5:39 AM

Nov 2007
NeoAnkara said:
shanimebib said:

You know Tada is said to have fear of height which will mean by the end of season he will overcome it by the power of love to go to Larsenburg to Teresa place.

That's just me though.

I am aware that that could happen as well. Who knows, maybe whether she is from the Royalty or not wouldn't matter in the end. I know this anime could well have a happy ending but regardless, I will have to watch this always being worried of a sad ending which won't help me. Particularly when I already like the characters and their interactions and once they start falling in love, it will be too much for me if they couldn't be together in the end.

For instance, I am always reading Kaguya-sama being on the edge for the same reason despite of that being a RomCom because of the difference of the social statuses.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 5, 2018 5:51 AM

Jul 2014
Other than the blatantly obvious "twist" about the kind of person Teresa really is (the show didn't really do a good job of hiding it at all, although I suppose that is in part because I've seen so many other shows that have done this that the signs are now obvious), this was a pretty good first episode, a decent mix of humour and a decent crop of characters so far. Hopefully it doesn't veer too much into the dramatic later on considering Teresa's situation, but it'll be intriguing to see what happens regardless.
Apr 5, 2018 5:51 AM

Jan 2018
Even though lots of stuff seems pretty cliche this anime actually feels kind of fresh. I think it's gonna be fun. I can't wait to see more.
todotamaApr 5, 2018 7:24 AM
Apr 5, 2018 5:53 AM

Nov 2016
Nice first episode and pretty interesting characters. This could turn out to be really good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2018 6:11 AM

Sep 2017
nina444 said:

Why the hate? It does what its genre is supposed to do really well so far. If you don't like the genre, that's a different story, just avoid it altogether. No need to trash on an anime after a single episode because of that...
Apr 5, 2018 6:31 AM

Jul 2011
Why I felt like I saw certain assassin on the coffee shop D:

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 5, 2018 6:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Really enjoyed this first epsiode. It was filled with cliche plots and all but the comedy was there and so was the potential romance, so I have no complaints thus far. I’m glad that the cast for Nozaki kun is back here for this show and I can’t wait to see how this show progresses.
So far so good. I hope this will turn out to be a great and my favourite romcom of the Season. It’s got the potential...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 5, 2018 6:36 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It was a nice first episode.
It's definitly not original and has a fair amount of cliché but it was all well done so far.
Apr 5, 2018 7:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Decent all around, nothing much to say yet, they introduced most of the characters.

Teresa is very cute and quirky.

ED visuals are nice.

Apr 5, 2018 7:06 AM

Dec 2014
That was great.

It was both sweet and hilarious at the same time.
Liking all the characters so far and the girls are all really pretty. XD

I guess Teresa is indeed a princess based of the way Alec addressed her this episode.

That post credit scene, I was so expecting that. xD
Apr 5, 2018 7:22 AM

May 2017
Absolutely loved the first ep, this type of stuff falls right in my region of interest. Other than that i notice that teresa and alec have ran away from home or something like that which my be troublesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2018 7:28 AM

May 2017
shanimebib said:
NeoAnkara said:

That's just me though.

I am aware that that could happen as well. Who knows, maybe whether she is from the Royalty or not wouldn't matter in the end. I know this anime could well have a happy ending but regardless, I will have to watch this always being worried of a sad ending which won't help me. Particularly when I already like the characters and their interactions and once they start falling in love, it will be too much for me if they couldn't be together in the end.

For instance, I am always reading Kaguya-sama being on the edge for the same reason despite of that being a RomCom because of the difference of the social statuses.
it's too early to say, but I don't think we'll be left with some thing unsatisfactory. Well all we can do for now is hope that it'll be a good sweet end🤞.
Apr 5, 2018 7:28 AM

Apr 2009
Well i already thinking that this anime is much better than 3D Kanojo

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

59 by okiimal123 »»
Sep 26, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

77 by Seventy7Far »»
May 25, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

13 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 11 Discussion

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.