Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 26, 2018 8:00 PM

Jul 2015
Right, loli bait with a side of shogi... I need to remind myself that this is just loli bait with a side of shogi. I NEED TO STOP GETTING SO WORKED UP DANG IT... I don't even know what this game is but that match was getting to me. I could feel the intensity... and my sensitivity for children... and cute girls...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 27, 2018 10:46 AM

Feb 2011
I have to say it: Just end it here! I don't care if there's more to the story.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 27, 2018 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
silentway said:
The music is really intense during the Ginko match, it's seem this girl don't know how to holding back at all. LOL.

There are some thing bothering me though, in Ai's second match when she dropped Gold on her opponent's King head how did that check mate, Ai only have two Silvers on her hand. King can just ake Ai's Gold and then escape in his next move. I'm still newbie to Shogi can someone tell me how to checkmate that king?

Lol I don't even know what those pieces say. Is it like chess?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 28, 2018 3:33 AM
Feb 2013
Zelev said:

Lol I don't even know what those pieces say. Is it like chess?

Yeah it similar to chess but the big difference is in Shogi you can drop the pieces you captured from opponent on any empty square (with some exception, of course.) this make Shogi really interesting and exciting, the rule also easy to understand and the Kanji on each pieces are not too hard to remember if you want to learn more you can check on Hidetchi's channel on Youtube.
Jan 28, 2018 5:35 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was really good, until that STUPID stipulation on making Ai pro was thrown in. "Oh well you're going to marry into the family if she doesn't win a title."

Why? What is the reasoning behind that? I just feel like thats terrible writing.

I get the Mom is looking out for Ai, but I just find it silly. Like if she said High School maybe because what other career choice can she make, but Middle school is plenty of time to change a career path if a title isnt won.

Also would it be with Ai? or do they have another daughter around his age?

I just want some love for Sora.

I am interested in his two brothers he mentioned. I thought he was going to mention Sora but I guess he actually has two brothers.
SoraSenpaiJan 28, 2018 5:38 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 28, 2018 7:04 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh my, seems that even Ai's mother already entrusted her daughter's future into Kuzuryuu's hands.

That marriage punishment made me laugh haha.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 28, 2018 7:59 AM
Feb 2013
SoraSenpai said:
This episode was really good, until that STUPID stipulation on making Ai pro was thrown in. "Oh well you're going to marry into the family if she doesn't win a title."

Why? What is the reasoning behind that? I just feel like thats terrible writing.

I get the Mom is looking out for Ai, but I just find it silly. Like if she said High School maybe because what other career choice can she make, but Middle school is plenty of time to change a career path if a title isnt won.

I am interested in his two brothers he mentioned. I thought he was going to mention Sora but I guess he actually has two brothers.

I don't think Ai have much an option about her career though, since she is the only child so her mom want her to inherit the family business in the first place.
Jan 28, 2018 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
silentway said:
SoraSenpai said:

I don't think Ai have much an option about her career though, since she is the only child so her mom want her to inherit the family business in the first place.

Ahh yeah that makes sense. They never said what the family business is though, which is intriguing.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Jan 28, 2018 9:02 AM

Oct 2015
So if Ai cannot win a title until middle school. Yaichi must marry her huh?? I wonder what's Sora reaction if she heard that?? She doesn't shows any sign of it, but I think she has feelings fo Yaichi. At least the age gap between Yaichi and Ai is only 7 years, better than Dino and Maika from Blend S which have 10 years age difference and especially the pairing from Koi wa amaagari no you ni, that's even worse. Overall this is a good episode, the ending make it as if this like the last episode.
Jan 28, 2018 11:18 AM

Feb 2007
SoraSenpai said:
They never said what the family business is though, which is intriguing.

It's already stated in the first episode that they run the inn where the Ryuuou match was held.
Jan 28, 2018 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
Once Ginko stepped in the episode took a serious nose dive. They demonized her to such an unnecessary degree, and the marriage thing felt so wrong.

As a whole I have a lot of mixed feelings about the series. Some things it does incredibly well and other things it does make me cringe. As long as they don't keep bringing the marriage thing up and re-humanize Ginko I think the series may be able to recover in my eyes.
Jan 29, 2018 3:51 AM

Nov 2011
luinthoron said:
SoraSenpai said:
They never said what the family business is though, which is intriguing.

It's already stated in the first episode that they run the inn where the Ryuuou match was held.

Ahh right right. Thanks for reminding me.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Jan 29, 2018 11:47 PM

Nov 2009
Shirasho said:
Once Ginko stepped in the episode took a serious nose dive. They demonized her to such an unnecessary degree, and the marriage thing felt so wrong.

As a whole I have a lot of mixed feelings about the series. Some things it does incredibly well and other things it does make me cringe. As long as they don't keep bringing the marriage thing up and re-humanize Ginko I think the series may be able to recover in my eyes.

An yet again, ppls hating on the age gap.

It isn't that uncommon

In fact, just a few decades ago the entire world had the "my # son will marry your # daughter" even before they had them (IE: non-born yet) regardless of what age they'll be when they're born.

Asia had this a lot more than the Western tho.

Even now, a lot of families dig into Economic value first before age value.

Such as if you had the chance to marry a 50+ years old and become a billionaire, I am pretty sure you or your family would push you into it.

But in this anime's case, it doesn't matter since Ai already likes Yaichi, and even then, they could technically wait until Ai reaches age 16 (she's currently 9, so in 7 years, Yaichi would be 23)

Which then no one would complain about it, because there are actually A LOT of people that's 18+ but married with age gap of 10~20+.

Age 16 is girls age in Japan, 18 for guys. (national age is actually 13 for girls, but all prefecture raise it up to 16~18), without the prefectures, this technically makes 13 years girls marriage legal in Japan.
amlgJan 29, 2018 11:50 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 30, 2018 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
I would say that this third episode is interesting as far as the Shogi game is concerned. Ai's mother is a tough guy, wow! After this episode I believe that I will follow the anime series to the end, it has convinced me completely, despite the narration does not present very original moments from the point of view of the plot.
Feb 1, 2018 4:02 AM

Jan 2016
3 episodes in and this episode already feels like a cliffhanger end for a season finale lol. I had to check what episode I was in.
Feb 1, 2018 9:10 AM

Jan 2016
Anime of the season confirmed, bois
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Feb 2, 2018 6:34 AM

Jun 2015
Even though AI is very cute, overall I am not impressed with this show, dropped
Feb 2, 2018 9:51 PM
Mar 2012
Amazing intense music, feels like the finale with all that marriage promises.
Starting to understand some moves, I got megane noob's mistakes when Ai's bishop busted in (should've used silver to take bishop otherwise horse/knight is dead later), Air Purifier sensei (lol?) had a good offense formation, & Ai's rather desperate defeat.
I didn't understand 14:47 when Ai noticed a mistake. Ginko too advanced perhaps, Tho Ai's king was exposed on the right and got cornered later.
That mother...
Feb 5, 2018 9:51 PM

Apr 2015
I'm not particularly enjoying this, just feels like a chore which put off me restarting the season for a week or so.

Thus dropped.
Mar 21, 2018 7:53 AM
Jul 2015
When they said "marrying into the family," they were referring to Ai, correct? It was never explicitly stated and I'm rather dense, so I literally couldn't tell.
Mar 26, 2018 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
dont worry that loli fiance would grow into a lady ^^ let's say in 12 years in the future? screw dat! mwahahaha!
Aug 9, 2018 9:20 PM

May 2012
Damn that was a very impressive episode I must say! Really intense Shogi matches and they really bring it beautifully in picture.

Glad Ai-chan can still play Shogi and well with such talent I am pretty sure she'll become very strong.

Really loved that ending I must say, let's see what's next.
Aug 19, 2018 2:02 PM
Jun 2016
All I have to say after watching this episode is this...

Japan is not a 'modern' country...it is a traditionalist country that just happens to have home made advanced tech that really works!

Poor Kyuzuru sensei!
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Aug 19, 2018 2:05 PM
Jun 2016
Marnie said:
When they said "marrying into the family," they were referring to Ai, correct? It was never explicitly stated and I'm rather dense, so I literally couldn't tell.

Ah yes...

In Japan, if Family A has no male heirs...a guy who marries one of the daughters can take the family name...and become an 'heir'..a male 'son' who hopefully would sire some more males for the esteemed Family A.

Weird Japanese customs, eh.?
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Oct 31, 2018 3:41 AM

Jul 2016
I was actually expecting Ai to win. RIP.
Jul 2, 2019 1:07 AM

Aug 2009
felt like a finale episode

s2 plz

and also FBI warrant
Aug 18, 2020 5:20 PM
Dec 2016
Lolis aside, never had enough with Ai-chan parents interactions. It's always funny to see them, especially her mom that is a top class milf!
Nov 23, 2020 8:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well Ai's parents accepted him... a bit too much lol this proposition at the end was unexpected, pretty interesting development I guess
May 14, 2021 11:48 AM

Aug 2018
I mean, worrying about your daughter isn't bad.. But this woman has no idea about how this sport works and expects something without knowing anything about actual real possibilities.. I don't like her in this.. She seems like pushing person, without actually knowing anything, and it's really a bad trait for other people around her.. Especially her own daughter.. At this point I don't agree with the care she shows, if that is the care in her opinion.. We have different opinions in this.. Like 3 in a row or nothing?.. You have no idea, how this works.. And it's alright.. But what is bad - that you show no interest to actually learn, and actually be proud of your own ignorance.. That's kinda pathetic a bit, to be honest..
In the end this woman puts more pressure on Yaichi more than Ai, I guess.. As if she fails - he will have to do stuff, no Ai.. It doesn't mean that she'll forbid Ai to do shougi or anything, really.. It doesn't make me like her or her attitude to shougi, though.. Or to other people around, speaking only on the matters of the possible gain for you..
I hope we'll get less of that ignorant to everything but personal gain miss in later episodes.. I'm not here in this anime to watch some influential strained family story, not feeling for that right now, picked this anime not for this..
Jul 21, 2021 7:26 AM

Jun 2020
A good luck charm was given to Ai now she has to do her best in these battles that she has to face

She really is putting her best on the board against her friend in the first match and Kuruno sensei in the second match goes by quickly but as things were going well Ai meets her demise Sora came into play and things went too serious

As I expected she can't win against her but Sora did show struggle at the end there but at least Ai still became Yaichi's disciple, lol her cute wiggly face it's so cute.
Aug 10, 2021 12:50 AM
Sep 2019
What a great episode.
My favs part is :
- The tension is real
- Crying in the middle of the match is proof how seriously frustrating it is for being in losing side
- Sensei bravely ask for marriage, sort of
- The Father stepped in
- The mother took initiative so hilariously serious into her daughter's shisou life
- The engagement, sort of
- The time is clocking, she's 4rd grade now
Aug 14, 2021 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
The mom really about to ruin a one in a lifetime opportunity for her daughter, smh.

Good thing the MC insisted.
Nov 14, 2021 3:26 PM

Nov 2013
Ai's dad is me watching this anime. Like, hey dude, what's going on right now, who's winning, wtf are they doing???
I totally disagree about Ai's determination.
That's just bad manners to waste your opponent's time when you already lost.
And that was only quick play, what if she will do something like this in proffessional game, where they are playing for hours?
All in all: i'm already annoyed by Ai, and that's only the beginning. What do we even need her for? Just make an anime about Ginko.
GvendolineNov 14, 2021 3:34 PM
Jun 14, 2022 11:09 PM

Jan 2020
Why the heck did Ai just meow after getting a fan?

Jesus christ, every episode is just taking this loli bait to the next level. Now we've essentially confirmed Ai and Kuzu as a couple. Still nine episodes to go too, this might get rough.

That being said, it seems like the show is taking the Shogi aspect fairly seriously. The matches seem just as intense as any other series I've see about shogi. It's just that little asterisk attached.

I doubt anyone expected Ai to not be able to keep playing. But, I will say that it seems extremely odd that Sora was just there. Why was she there? Did she just happen to be there or was she supposed to be testing other applicants too? It was just random.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 7, 2022 10:36 PM

Jul 2019
I don't have any knowledge about shogi so I feel kinda lost during the matches.

Ai's mom is not a pleasant woman. Good thing her dad stood up for her. So far Sora isn't very fun either. Too angry and controlling.
Jun 10, 2023 8:42 PM

Feb 2019
Ai's mom sure was strict, and her old man can't really have any say much on any matter lol Yaichi sure wasn't expecting that monkey wrench Ai's mom threw, I wonder how Ginko reacted to the news...lol
Nov 2, 2023 8:15 AM

Dec 2022
Engaging, dramatic shogi matches in this episode. Both Ai and Ginko definitely have their heart in it, though Ginko seems to have some form of insecurity that still appears even when she wins. I guess clutching it can make anyone anxious.

That Ai marrage deal is a sweet deal as well.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Dec 16, 2023 6:25 AM

Aug 2018
What the hell, I did not expect an anime as unserious as this to have a 3 Gatsu No Lion level type of an episode, probably wont be seeing something this good in here again
Dec 16, 2023 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
well this episode seemed fun i nmy opinion
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

113 by AnimeXlover78 »»
Oct 14, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

105 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 20, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

63 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 13, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2018

88 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 9, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2018

59 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 1, 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.