Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2018 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, Ling's work can really be dangerous on his life. I think he's lucky to being able fight off that big guy.

Seems like this show has a theme of revenge. Solving problems with violence...
In a city this dangerous and diverse, it seems certain characters like to hire a hitman to do their work for them.

Jan 26, 2018 7:29 AM

Jul 2015
Oh fug, another cliffhanger. At least Ling knows the real culprit now, and is going after him instead of the amateur assassin who got framed.
Jan 26, 2018 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, full of twists and exciting developments. Hope the show keeps this up.

Harada Yusuke is the name of the shitbag that needs to be killed many times over.
Jan 26, 2018 9:11 AM

Nov 2017
Never expected it, but this show keeps getting better and better. We're not talking about a masterpiece, but the atmosphere is really catchy, in all senses.
Jan 26, 2018 9:34 AM

Nov 2014
Nothing less from information broker, he is like he is.
Jan 26, 2018 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
Ling is on the warpath to avenge his sister. His knife pistol is pretty cool. It's a shame that information broker sold him out. At least he knows who's the real target now.
Jan 26, 2018 10:17 AM

Jun 2016
Better and better. An interesting coincidence that Banba in the suit was very similar to the samurai in closer to the end of the episode.
Jan 26, 2018 10:20 AM

Jan 2017
WOW this show keeps getting better and better! Idk how it has such a low rating while Evergarden is so overhyped.
Jan 26, 2018 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
ShiroAlex said:
Better and better. An interesting coincidence that Banba in the suit was very similar to the samurai in closer to the end of the episode.

Only 2 reason. It´s him and they are real bad at hiding it. Or it´s not him and made him a look alike to make people think it´s him. My bet is the first one.
Jan 26, 2018 10:30 AM
Jun 2013
I like how this show didnt put the cringey "I am going to kill that guy in the CCTV cause he killed my sister"... instead they do the other way around "the triad had my sister, so who would they sold her to?"...
khairznewtypeJan 26, 2018 10:35 AM
Jan 26, 2018 10:32 AM
Jul 2013
I love it already, the pacing and music are great. I wonder what are they gonna come up with to frame mayor's son, in revenge for framing that amateur hitman.
Jan 26, 2018 10:42 AM
Sep 2017
The low rating reviews for this show just make me go ?___? ???

And besides the really good plot in this show, I love listening to their accents omf
Jan 26, 2018 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
Oof all the storylines are connecting now... this story is gonna be crazy!
Mushroom 🍄 head gave away the plan but like I’m not angry I think it just
makes the story more interesting :)

Lin definitely is my favorite character so far. Uhhhhh.... he... idk why okay I just
Like him
Good episode ... need the next one NOW!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2009
To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. I want Lin to kill that son. He needs to die slowly.

Also I'm grateful Saitou isn't the main character. I can't put up with his idiocy.
Jan 26, 2018 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
Lol,the hitman was a "professional",indeed.

Pretty good episode again,this show is doing an awesome job at keeping me interested with all the info dumps and connections between each party.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 26, 2018 1:36 PM

Oct 2017
I'm still not sure what I should think of this anime.
"Question: The world will not change, but you can change yourself. So then, how will you change?
Answer: You become the god of a new world."

--Hachiman Hikigaya (Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Come Wa Machigatteiru)
Jan 26, 2018 2:41 PM

Aug 2015
I couldn’t resist starting the anime, since waiting 7 days for a new episode is such a pain... Finally a decent anime with an actual story, not a bag of “breasts”. Should have waited for it to finish to raid it in 1 sitting...
Jan 26, 2018 3:47 PM

Jan 2017
Holy shit, that post credit scene tho
Jan 26, 2018 7:30 PM

Aug 2016
Cliffhanger and Upbeat story as usual. Looking forward to the story and new characters appearing in later episodes.

Some speculations on Niwaka Samurai based on anime so far (which you might already know):
一期一会
Jan 26, 2018 7:49 PM

Apr 2017
Gosh, everything makes sense now. Ling finally knew who's the culprit. I fell to the cliffhanger, makes me want to watch more. Like what othe people said it's getting better.
Jan 26, 2018 8:42 PM
Aug 2017
first episode was a mess and kinda bad, but the following two were so good! I'm glad I didn't drop this
Jan 27, 2018 12:38 AM

Jun 2016
Great episode. Glad that everyone's figuring out that Saitou was framed. Ugh. He's innocent. Goddamnit. That innocent cinnamon roll doesn't look like he's going to kill someone.

I'm wheezing. That bartender is gay. Hahaha. Yeah, I just realized this episode. So happpyyyyy! Hihihi.

It always comes back to that asshole of a son. Fuck him. I can't wait for Ling to beat the fuck outta him.

Did Enokida just betray Banba-san and Ling!?!? Ansdkjgfsdk. How fucking dare you!

I swear Niwaka Samurai is definitely Banba-san. THE RESEMBLANCE especially when he fixed his hair. Boiiiii! I may be wrong, though. Hahaha.

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 27, 2018 12:40 AM

May 2015
SHOES! LMAO!

Lin really got into the deep end when he joined the Kakyuu organization. His sister's dead, his mom died years ago, and all of the money that he was sending to her was going to his boss instead. That's just dirty...Good thing he had a gun knife.

If you have any questions, just look at the gif^

People were asking if traps were gay. Well I think Lin just proved that he isn't. I actually like that about him. He cross-dresses but he is not afraid to admit that he is a guy.

Well now we know how the guy lost his eye. Niwaka Samurai beat a sniper...through the scope.

Saito became a hitman by throwing a baseball too fast...You know...why do I have the feeling that he's going to be the guy that saves everyone in this anime?

khairznewtype said:
I like how this show didnt put the cringey "I am going to kill that guy in the CCTV cause he killed my sister"... instead they do the other way around "the triad had my sister, so who would they sold her to?"...

What made this even better was when he said "The broker is selling another girl right?" And I instantly said, "LET LIN BE THE GIRL!". And my prayers were answered in the next sentence. OH YEAH! Cross-dressing can be more than just a hobby! And that dress though...very convincing.

Oh hi Shinichi. Migi still in that right hand of yours?

Well Mushroom gave Lin away. I like how he said "It's up to you to when he arrives." Cool statement. Another cliffhanger, another week!

TarotistJan 27, 2018 12:46 AM
Jan 27, 2018 3:22 AM

Jul 2017
u-mi said:
The low rating reviews for this show just make me go ?___? ???

Because it introduced all the characters in one go and thus the

lookatthestars said:
first episode was a mess and kinda bad

The problem with this site is that you can rate after only watching one episode, or even none see:

AisBarbs said:
Evergarden is so overhyped.

You just have to hope by the end enough people rate it correctly and then the rating will be more representative of the whole series. Up till now I've only ever rated when I have finished a series, but I've mostly been binging stuff. I might start rating the shows from the current season at about halfway when I'm sure I'm going to finish them.

Anyway another excellent episode, can't wait till the next one.
D1tchd1ggerJan 27, 2018 5:09 AM
Jan 27, 2018 4:59 AM
Apr 2016
People being outraged that the information broker gave up what the plan was seem to be forgetting that the Mayor's hitmen would have killed him if he didn't tell them at all.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Jan 27, 2018 5:43 AM

Apr 2016
Come on Baba-kun save our Lin-kun
BRAWLERS
Jan 27, 2018 5:57 AM

May 2012
The show is so good and keeps getting better !!. Need more people to watch it
Jan 27, 2018 6:04 AM

Nov 2016
Sweanime said:
ShiroAlex said:

Only 2 reason. It´s him and they are real bad at hiding it. Or it´s not him and made him a look alike to make people think it´s him. My bet is the first one.

Yup, that would explain why he was so chill when the old man told him he was the samurai's target.
Jan 27, 2018 6:32 AM

Jun 2009
The fact that some people work together or may share information, I like how this episode shows that it's still every person for themselves. Their loyalties lie more in the jobs they take than each other. That should make this show more interesting....we already see it here with the information broker exposing their plan

Hoping this show continues to get better
Jan 27, 2018 8:56 AM
Nov 2016
Loved this show after I read the synopsis, it's unfortunate it's rating isn't that high while some crappy ones get d cake....... Buy any how loved this episode.... N I bet my tonkotsu ramen that banba is the samurai hitman.. N I'm betting the cliffhanger is just for show, everything is going according to their plan.. This is an "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" in advance
Jan 27, 2018 8:57 AM

Sep 2017
This show is hella cool. I was hoping Enokida would somehow talk his way out of that situation without giving away the entire plan. Betrayal? Eh, nah I'd say Zenji would have wanted him to prioritize staying alive. He can't be the information guy if he ends up dead. It made for a sick cliffhanger anyway.

I always assumed the Niwaka samurai was Zenji, but this ep tried to give some misdirection. I'm not convinced, although it would be a cool twist if it ended up being Saitou.

The Zenji Ling banter is great as usual.
Jan 27, 2018 9:48 AM

Oct 2017
Man, the gangs in this anime aren't just stupid goons like in most shows. Every time they come up with a plan, they are always two steps ahead.
Jan 27, 2018 10:43 AM

Dec 2013
I'm in love with OST. That music from the beginning was just amazing!

Raichi_ said:
Sweanime said:

Yup, that would explain why he was so chill when the old man told him he was the samurai's target.

Guys, just watch the opening. Closely.
Episode 03 = 01:58.

I didn't read LN, but that's probably him. They tend to spoil a lot in the openings
Kamiyan3991Jan 27, 2018 10:49 AM
Jan 27, 2018 2:45 PM

Dec 2016
Pistol Knife, pretty damn handy. I hope it wasn't just a one time gimmick though, it would be cool to see it used again later in the series

Also the conflict between all the characters is getting more and more complicated and shit is really starting to pick up now
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 27, 2018 10:41 PM

Jul 2014
Ah, so Banba and the revenge taker guy are acquaintances? The plot thickens...
I didn't expect Mushroom-head to release the secret so easily, but thanks to him we have another climax on our hands... Enjoyable episode, once again.
Jan 28, 2018 9:12 AM
Jul 2015
so glad the show didn't follow the "chasing the wrong guy" archetype, very different from what shows like it would do. so quick-paced and fun, absolutely loving it!
Jan 28, 2018 11:12 AM

May 2017
I feel like after watching episode 3, this show had an undeservedly low rating. It's probably the most underrated anime of the airing seasonal anime right now, simply because nobody has really known about it (which I hope will change).

I thought the pistol knife was pretty hilarious, and we finally found out some more info on the Niwaka Samurai. I also wonder if Lin will kill the mayors son before he gets revenge-framed or not.
Jan 28, 2018 9:05 PM

Jan 2014
Why do I ship them so hard.. they're literally killers for hire. Anime logic warps the brain lmao.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 28, 2018 10:12 PM

Jan 2014
I love Ling Xianming so much.

Also, if Banba isn't the Samurai then this has been the biggest red herring ever.
Jan 28, 2018 10:24 PM

Jan 2014
Tarotist said:
SHOES! LMAO!

Lin really got into the deep end when he joined the Kakyuu organization. His sister's dead, his mom died years ago, and all of the money that he was sending to her was going to his boss instead. That's just dirty...Good thing he had a gun knife.

If you have any questions, just look at the gif^

People were asking if traps were gay. Well I think Lin just proved that he isn't. I actually like that about him. He cross-dresses but he is not afraid to admit that he is a guy.

OK, just because he states he's a guy and that cross-dressing is just a hobby doesn't mean his sexuality is heterosexual. You're implying that if he identified as a girl then he'd just be a "trap" who's actually a gay man trying to ensnare other men which is transphobic. Not everyone who "cross-dresses" is gay or trans, true, but someone who states they're a girl isn't cross-dressing, that's called being trans and doesn't make someone a "trap". Lin is a man who likes to dress femininely and I like that despite that, he's really masculine with his personality. That doesn't dictate his sexuality though. Honestly, we don't know what it is right now. He hasn't shown romantic/sexual interest in anyone, let alone women. He could even be asexual or aromantic. Though I would like to believe Banba and him are a ship as they've shared a few moments and the two look like a pairing in the OP.
JotakakJan 28, 2018 10:28 PM
Jan 29, 2018 5:07 AM

Oct 2008
Damn this is getting better and better!
Eventhough there's lots of simultaneous events going-on that's its almost confusing to tell which one will clash with one another, its still great!
5/5.

Jan 29, 2018 1:46 PM
Mar 2016
Man, is Banba having some feeling for Ling?????EEEEEEWWWWW
Jan 30, 2018 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty sure we all knew Banba was the Samurai lol. There a shit load going on right now.

Wonder what happened with Saito though. Guess we'll find out next week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 30, 2018 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Nice buildup episode. There was some unforgettable chemistry moments and that nikawa ninja looks like another level of villain! :O But sadly the visual of this show still didn't impress me [I guess this is low budget show? but the music is really nice]. Once again ended with such tragic cliffhanger packed with cool jazz ending song... (OP should have that song instead!!)
removed-userJan 30, 2018 9:17 AM
Feb 5, 2018 5:00 AM

Jul 2017
This show's concept is ridiculous, but up until now it's ridiculous in a good way. I'm loving the mood of it
Feb 6, 2018 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
this is surprisingly decent

but pistol knife...gonna write that one down never thought about it before
Feb 10, 2018 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN READING THE LIGHT NOVELS FOR THIS SERIES, I FOUND A FAN'S ENGLISH TRANSLATION! Here you go: http://kaedesan721.tumblr.com/Hakata-Tonkotsu-Ramens
Feb 10, 2018 1:00 PM

Jul 2009
Very nice where it is going, I am looking forward to see Lin killing the mayor son, I hope he succeed!
Feb 15, 2018 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
Hope they kill off the mayor's son.

Another good episode.

Feb 19, 2018 2:21 AM

Mar 2014
The two MCs have really good chemistry. I hope Lin manages to kill the mayor's son. although I have a feeling that something will go wrong
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

78 by Estefan »»
Jun 1, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2018

37 by hj »»
Feb 6, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

31 by BreakApart »»
Nov 25, 2022 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

74 by BreakApart »»
Nov 20, 2022 12:34 PM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2018

82 by vibininthefields »»
Jul 2, 2022 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.