Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2017 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fun episode :D

Pillow fight between everyone. It just felt like everyone got into the mood to have some fun. Hell, even Mari got into the mood. I also kinda liked the way they used the piano-tune music this episode.

So proud of how far Aqours has come. I'm expecting a big performance for the finale.
Dec 23, 2017 7:40 AM

Jun 2013
OMG! Last episode next T_T

Fun episode today. Mari's voice is superb in WATER BLUE NEW WORLD. Love that new song.

Kitan~!
Dec 23, 2017 8:18 AM

Jul 2014
i died at the new costumes
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Dec 23, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
That was fantastic, absolutely beautiful and really emotional too. T.T

THEY RAN UP THE STAIRS AGAIN!! XD

I love how You-chan started the pillow fight and the third years got so into it. That was really fun to watch. xD
Umi is still the undisputed champion from the looks of it though

Otonizaka brings back memories. T.T
Riko playing Omoi no Hitotsu piano was beautiful.

Really loved how Chika went around asking each member if they wanted to win and it got me pretty emotional hearing everyone's response.
The throwback to the very first episode with You and Chika running to the screen was a nice touch and I love how You comforted Chika saying she didn't have to the strong leader even then. Riko joining them after that was great too. That Hug, second years are definitely my favorite. <3

Everyone running and doing the group hurdle was beautiful, I was probably tearing up. Aqours have come a long way. <3
Soundtrack was on point this episode.

Shiitake with the glow sticks was pure gold. XD

THEY SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST, WATER BLUE NEW WORLD WAS STUNNING.
That Mari Solo at the beginning. :O
Can we talk about those outfits? So damn good.
ALSO, YOU-CHAN WITH THE BUN HAIRSTYLE WAS THE BEST PART. <3 <3

Last episode next week. I'm not ready. :(
Pretty much confirmed now that there's gonna be no S3. Time to begin the movie prayers. xD
PDP anime next maybe?

@vicexxv You need to send me your Yousoro album someday. XD
Lelouch0202Dec 23, 2017 8:25 AM
Dec 23, 2017 8:32 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I'm gonna miss these girls once it's over.

Bonus points for Shiitake waving that glowstick around, and how Yohane asks Ruby and Zuramaru about their "contract" with her.

I hope they win.
Dec 23, 2017 8:38 AM

Jun 2013
Lelouch0202 said:

LOL I'm just using screenshots of every episodes :p

Lelouch0202 said:

PDP anime next maybe?

I think PDP have potentials but it takes time to develop. Who knows? Maybe they will make anime of them in the future but first, I hope they will make a movie for Sunshine
Kitan~!
Dec 23, 2017 8:57 AM
Dec 2011
Thought they would perform Aozora Jumping Heart too. Maybe they will in the beginning of the final episode after Aqours is announced the winner.
Dec 23, 2017 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
vicexxv said:
Lelouch0202 said:

LOL I'm just using screenshots of every episodes :p

Still, it saves me some work. :P

vicexxv said:
Lelouch0202 said:

PDP anime next maybe?

I think PDP have potentials but it takes time to develop. Who knows? Maybe they will make anime of them in the future but first, I hope they will make a movie for Sunshine

If we follow the same route as the original SIP, we'll probably get a Sunshine movie next year with a possible PDP anime following the year immediately after. Though, that would mean little to no Sunshine anime related material after which makes me sad.
I also find it kinda surprising that they chose to end the Aqours related anime, given that Aqours are still very recent in comparison to when μ’s got their anime which is why I think it could be possible for them to promote PDP next.
Dec 23, 2017 10:18 AM

Dec 2017
I love today's episode!!

When WATER BLUE NEW WORLD started playing, I started screaming and fangirling so much that my dog went crazy...

Also, the pillow fight scene was fun, but kind of came out of no where...
Dec 23, 2017 11:20 AM

Mar 2017
Love Live girls have the worst time holding onto sheets of paper.
Dec 23, 2017 11:27 AM

Dec 2017
Mushki said:
Love Live girls have the worst time holding onto sheets of paper.

I know right!! That's what I was thinking!
Dec 23, 2017 12:15 PM

Nov 2017
Love Live! is so stupid and cheesy. I love it! Good song and performance! This was a satisfying conclusion to all the character arcs and I can't wait to see things wrap up for good next week.
(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Dec 23, 2017 12:59 PM

Oct 2009
What a good insert song. the girls have grown a lot.
Dec 23, 2017 1:03 PM

Jan 2014
peh-soh-nah said:
Love Live! is so stupid and cheesy. I love it! Good song and performance! This was a satisfying conclusion to all the character arcs and I can't wait to see things wrap up for good next week.

Your avatar goes so well with your comment, lmao.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 23, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Great to see each individual member get a chance to reflect on their time in Aqours.

Loved the perfeormance for the finals at Love Live. Costumes were great.
Looking forward to the final episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 23, 2017 1:57 PM
May 2013
This Episode was too much feels for me ;-;
I really like the new song: WATER BLUE NEW WORLD
I want the full song but i think it will come out next year
Dec 23, 2017 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
See guys, I told you there would be no Umi in this episode.

Hmm, even though this episode was nice as a promo for their live, it was really underwhelming in terms of character developement and build-up for actual concert, more than anything it served as recap of their dreams. This isn't necessarily bad but for anticipation they made with those scenes the final concert part felt really short and lacking - like it was just a minor event compared to rest of the episode and their feelings.

In the last episode discussion, someone mention that Sunshine real focus is not Live Live actually and this episode pretty much confirmed it. Now I don't want to sound harsh but if the focus of the story was elsewhere and the event was there just "by the way" then this series feels oddly not complete for some reason. It feels like we have reached the half of their story just now.

So if Sunshine actually ends in the next episode the whole anime would be waste.
Dec 23, 2017 3:37 PM
Sep 2015
Chika is so sweet and so caring to her group till the end. Protect her. Plus Kanan's hair is finally down, the Ponytail curse's finally been broken!!!!!
Dec 23, 2017 4:48 PM

Jun 2013
MizzyMizuki said:
This Episode was too much feels for me ;-;
I really like the new song: WATER BLUE NEW WORLD
I want the full song but i think it will come out next year

The CD of WATER BLUE NEW WORLD will come out on January 17. I'm ready for the pre-order of the CD XD
Kitan~!
Dec 23, 2017 7:35 PM

Dec 2015
I guess Yohane knows and accepts Riko's fetish... that "Bukuro" doesn't seems to be an innocent library...
Dec 23, 2017 10:14 PM

Mar 2017

Sunshine is ending ;-; everything has been given closure will there even be a movie?

but they had to throw in everything related to μ's when the episode was centered around Aqours. dicc moov

the song and costumes were nice, embodying both the group and the anime itself. personally though, the song didn't have much of an impact.

PS: Mari is the most beautiful in Aqours
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 23, 2017 10:31 PM

Mar 2017
also just noticed the order of the solos before the chorus:

Natsu e no Tobira Never end ver. > Manatsu wa dare no mono? > Natsu no Owari no Amaoto ga > Jimo Ai ♡ Mantan ☆ Summer Life
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 23, 2017 11:52 PM

Oct 2015
It's sad to see the show end. I hope they succeed. I'll rewatch the 2nd season as well once it ends :(
Dec 24, 2017 5:15 AM
Jul 2018
WOW, that new song might be one of the coolest idol songs i've ever heard. Very rare you would see an idol song where its chord's key changing dynamically.
Dec 24, 2017 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
As I finish this episode, I've been wondering, since LLSS is trying to take a new direction from LLSIP especially in this second season, what if they have a different ending? Muse won Love Live, while Aqours, as unfortunate as it is, they didn't. Muse remained a legacy, while Aqours takes the cake for realism.

I always felt the writing of LLSS is more realistic in terms of character development as Muse ever did, this episode is the epitome of that, as reflected in how Chika asked each member on how they felt going into the finals, and those scenes are easily one of the best character interaction scenes I've ever seen.

Riko's reaction is the best, her line of "I want to be a school idol!" is powerful and filled with emotion (kudos to Rikyako, as if she's the one yelling it about her current path).

Then come WATER BLUE NEW WORLD, with stunning visuals. I can't wait to see how will the performances of the LLSS movie will turn out, BRING THEM TO ITALY.

Dec 24, 2017 9:39 AM
Oct 2017
Dont know why, i was in tense while watch this one XD

But honestly, the song is good. But for something as big as Love Live final, the song is rather weak on the impact. For me, the atmosphere is similar as Bokutachi wa hitotsu.
Dec 24, 2017 12:56 PM

Oct 2013
A nice next to the last episode.

The final song was good, but my favorite part of that performance was..... You's hairstyle!!
She was the epitome of adorable with that look.
Dec 24, 2017 4:14 PM

Sep 2013
Everyone giving their reason why they want to win.
You with the pillow fight to stop chika from worrying too much, yoshiko, lili moment and they will all stick together forever :'(
Water Blue New World was nice, it should be enough to get them to the final round.
Dec 24, 2017 8:52 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
You best supportive friend to Chika. I really love her care free personality and always being there for Chika.
Riko x Yohana has really been such a wonderful pair up, it adds lots of personality to the group in my opinion.

Even Shiitake is supporting Aquors, wagging glow stick with tail aww.
Them dresses are very pretty,I like colors used as they are soft and light, it fits song and I generally consider them as winter based colors. Overall I really love this episode. ^^

Dec 25, 2017 3:31 AM

Jun 2016
OHMYGOD. THAT NEW SONG WAS SO BEAUTIFUL YET AGAIN. ;-; So, that was their actual performance, right? The whole gang was so beautiful. Huhu. ;-; This anime is fucking my feels up. My heart. The next episode will be the last. Nooo.

I sincerely need the whole soundtrack of this anime. The songs are just wow. ;-;

5/5. ❤

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 26, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2016
TheDoggoneGirl said:
OHMYGOD. THAT NEW SONG WAS SO BEAUTIFUL YET AGAIN. ;-; So, that was their actual performance, right? The whole gang was so beautiful. Huhu. ;-; This anime is fucking my feels up. My heart. The next episode will be the last. Nooo.

I sincerely need the whole soundtrack of this anime. The songs are just wow. ;-;

5/5. ❤

Maybe I misunderstood you, but the songs that Aqours and Saint Snow sing are not included in the soundtrack. They have their own separate singles (Example: The OP was the first single for the anime which also comes with a bonus song that wasn't in the anime. The third single is the first 2 insert songs this season, MY Mai TONIGHT and Miracle Wave. Each single has at least 2 songs. Songs that have 3 or more songs are already an album and there's only one so far in season 2.)
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Dec 26, 2017 2:31 PM

Aug 2007
I don't know what to think about next episode. But in parts.

This one was really enjoyable. The girls having fun and the tranquility before "Storm" (the climax). So The dance at the end was really nice, I like the outfits.

About next episode, the only thing I can wait is the conclusion (but considering, in my opinion, Sunshine is most of times a copy paste of the first Love Live, maybe at the end SUnrise will be announcing a movie. Or maybe not. Only predictions.)
Dec 28, 2017 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
At ths point I don't even know what to say about this anime anymore without typing a wall of text so I'll say just one thing: I don't want them to win.

People are probably going to ask me "Why would you want that?" And the answer is: because this season made it clear that Aqours story is not about Love Live.

After all the school closing drama I even thought they were going to give up on participating on Love Live and that would've been a interesting twist to the story, but since they went anyways "because reasons" they might as well lose for I all care.

But Sunrise is afraid of taking risks, so I doubt that'll happen. How I'd love to be proven wrong though....
removed-userJan 21, 2018 7:59 PM
Dec 30, 2017 3:55 AM

Oct 2015
YohaRiko keeps getting stronger. I really want Aqours to continue to not just being as a school idol, but becoming a real idol. But that’s seems extremely unlikely to happen. As the third years already have a plan for their future and will not have time do idol stuffs of course. The chance is extremely small, but I want a cameo appearance of u’s, at least one of them like Honoka to appear. Last episode will be sad as f*ck, I hope there will be a movie of Sunshine.
Jan 2, 2018 8:22 AM

Oct 2008
My prediction: NO! they still won't win. They'll go in for 2nd place.
3/5.

Jan 3, 2018 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
This is the best Aqours has been at yet. The lyrics rang so true to their journey and to the message I've taken from Sunshine.
Feb 3, 2018 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
Also this time the event has amazed me, because I was waiting for a narration a little more obvious, but the authors managed to do something quite original, I'm satisfied! Go with the last episode!
Jan 31, 2019 8:11 PM

Jun 2015
wouldn't surprise me if they took 2nd instead
i feel like the story this time isn't about taking the crown, but the journey and experiences that come with it
Nov 17, 2019 7:41 PM
Apr 2018
I think this was their best performance. Everything was so pretty.
Jun 10, 2020 4:14 AM

May 2016
Chika's million-dollar question and the time they had to reflect upon their own thoughts reinforced everyone's convictions on going down the path built by their hard work and aspirations.

Their performance of Water Blue New World gave me chills because of how great and dazzling it was and the emotional weight behind this song made it all the better to watch and listen to! It'd be awesome if they won but even if they don't, the rankings wouldn't matter much since it's clear that they've shined their brightest and won the hearts of thousands, etching the Aquors and Uranohoshi name into the annals of Love Live history. This is a live show that they never regret regardless of the outcome.

Sep 16, 2020 9:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yes. Its like the way of Muses ended their performance at Love Live! concert with the amazingly, stunningly, miraculously great at every details they had. Then, most importantly, its so warmth at my heart, beyond the magical planes they had at that stage.

Oh, man, i might be so sentimental writing this at all. But this was just so great. No matter its Aquors, or Muses, their performance just a top-notch for me, all of them. Finally, the girls from Uranohoshi, a normal girl, reached their own shines. They reached their dreams, above the sky, along with a beauty of Akiba-Dome settings, and a great effort of Uchiura peoples that always cheering them until their ends.

All of them, were just fantastic. The comedy aspects were good. A chilling moments went pretty smooth. A dramatic impact had its nice moments. Their reflection just beyond my first imaginary. A better development for their characterization, alongside with every supporting characters they had, including a duo Saint Snow. And their last performance. Damn, right. Let me say it again. All of them, were just fantastic!

9/10. No shit for me. Eventhough, there was still one more episode. But here i am take an early start to burst out my pure thinking. Its just for the sake of Aquors, Uranohoshi's girls, and peoples of Uchiura. Thats it for me.

Lets go to their final end moments at the thirteen episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 20, 2021 4:22 AM

Feb 2020
Water Blue New World. Nice song and performance.

SerafosJun 30, 11:44 AM
Dec 4, 2021 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
That song was nothing short of awesome.

It was nice seeing where every character was at and what their motivations were for winning Love Live.

Just to think, it all started with Chika and You going to Tokyo and the former getting the inspiration to be a school idol. You has found something she can do with her childhood best friend, Riko not only got over her fear of playing the piano, but she's all in in wanting to be a school idol, Yoshi... Yohane has found friends who accept her for who she is quirks and all, Hanamaru found out that it's a big world out there and she can achieve great things too, Ruby is more outspoken and getting over her timidity, and the third years have come together again to finish what they started before they move on to their own futures.

They're all going to find what makes 'em shine, I can tell!~ The girls deserve it!
Oct 9, 2022 8:20 PM
Feb 2020
It was really good, Great conclusion to the closing of Ura High and it helped me realize that all the fun moments will come to the end but that's okay. You just have to live life to the fullest.
Apr 14, 2023 5:12 PM

Oct 2016
So proud of our girls! OMG 😭
May 18, 2023 7:47 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
An episode of reflecting on how far Aqours has come, as well as how far us viewers have come, and I wasn’t expecting their Love Live performance at the end of the episode, I was thinking they were saving it for the final episode but damn it was nice, I really loved the outfits and the song, and I do think it was better than Season 1’s final song.

Now I just wonder if they’ll actually win this time, I think they will but they could always throw another curveball at us and have them not win for a 2nd time, that would hurt to see but would also be interesting if it does happen. I’m looking forward to seeing how this ends nonetheless!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

132 by master106 »»
Oct 1, 9:25 AM

» Aquors HELP!!!

Vapor_AU - Jun 7

2 by Serafos »»
Jun 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

81 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.