Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2017 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Almost half way through the show now and I still can't think highly of Naoto. The guy acts like a little kid whenever he gets excited or reacts to something.

Granted, this episode did reveal a more dangerous threat in the first half that could be real danger to society. I guess the show does have its more violent moments in between its absurd comedy? Speaking of comedy, the episode obviously had that too but I'm not impressed by it. The swimsuit fan service though.

Honestly hoping this show will get better..

May 4, 2017 11:01 AM
Dec 2015
one word to describe this anime - dissapointment.
Im aure the ones who still follow the anime to this point are the manga readers and novel readers. Everything was really well done on the adaptation side. Yet, the anime doesnt seem to be as appealing. The animation does not meet up to my expectations. Too many cuts with lots of flaws. Idk, Naoto from the manga version doesnt sound/seem that childish at all... Ahh damn, i really wish this anime was better
May 4, 2017 11:29 AM

Apr 2010
The episodes seem to be getting better but again nothing outstanding, the brat is also annoying.
Anyway it seems the new girl might change somethings if the capture her or remove the mask that is.
May 4, 2017 12:37 PM

May 2016
Im only one enjoying this anime ? It's not the best but not too bad.
May 4, 2017 12:49 PM

Aug 2016
Jakubajk said:
Nope, really like this anime too :d
Nanika ga Okashii
May 4, 2017 12:53 PM

Dec 2014
Yet again, brat naoto show at the start, beach episode because reasons, then last few minutes of actual decent story. I'll just stop hoping for a full serious episode at this point. It's not going to happen.
May 4, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2015
Naoto fangirling over Anchor is really annoying. He gets more irritating every episode. The group received a strange message and located its origin. They ran into Anchor at the end and she attacked them. The fanservice in this episode was dumb.
May 4, 2017 2:36 PM

Aug 2013
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
Jakubajk said:

Same here. I'm really enjoying it. It's like a journey to the past.
I think that most haters of this series is just too young to remember series like this from the beginning of last decade.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 4, 2017 3:29 PM

Sep 2013
UMI
Big Cocks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AnchoR
May 4, 2017 4:00 PM

Jan 2015
This episode was a solid 2/10. This show is getting dumber and dumber.
May 4, 2017 4:19 PM

Dec 2015
Definitely not the best show, but I don't think it's as complete trash as most people say. I was hoping that naoto would be a more serious character tho. That power could be pretty useful in the world they have

I always thought the Red person was different than anchor, guess I got that wrong
It's not the Slates that is essential to people. What we need is...
Well...
A small table to share a meal... That's more than enough.

That's my conclusion. The answer I've reached as the Silver King.
May 4, 2017 5:08 PM

Dec 2016
A lot of talk about sex in this episode, RyuZU was giving Marie a very embarrassing time lol.

Kiss incoming... nope rejected by Marie, that was funny watching her slap the hell out of Naoto in order to resuscitate him.

AnchoR is going to be a bit of a problem.
May 4, 2017 5:25 PM

Jan 2017
rsc-pl said:
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

Same here. I'm really enjoying it. It's like a journey to the past.
I think that most haters of this series is just too young to remember series like this from the beginning of last decade.

I'm still enjoying this Anime, too. Sure, it's nothing to put up on my favorites. But at least this episode managed to get me interested for the next one.

So this girl is AnchoR? I thought she was like the evil twin of RyuZu, and AnchoR is the cute third sibling (at least the opening shows it like this).
May 4, 2017 6:20 PM

Jan 2014
The beach scene was a complete disappointment...MC guys retarded reaction,and then blonde girl attacking Ryuzu when she tried CPR...I cringed so hard...

I liked this series because how MC was so passionate about Ryuzu and never hid it,also how he never gave a single fuk about blonde girl and she was always irrelevant...But now it suddenly did stupidest harem trope where MC is afraid of doing things to the girl she likes,and then another girl cockblocking main couple for reasons...And then Ryuzu and blonde argue about titsize and stuff...Like cmon...Ryuzu always rekt her mercilessly and now suddenly reduces herself to that girls level?So out of character =_=

Lowered score to 6...Hope this anime stops adding in even more harem tropes or im out in the following episodes...o7
May 4, 2017 6:21 PM

Sep 2009
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Almost half way through the show now and I still can't think highly of Naoto. The guy acts like a little kid whenever he gets excited or reacts to something.

Granted, this episode did reveal a more dangerous threat in the first half that could be real danger to society. I guess the show does have its more violent moments in between its absurd comedy? Speaking of comedy, the episode obviously had that too but I'm not impressed by it. The swimsuit fan service though.

Honestly hoping this show will get better..

At this rate, it probably won't even get past the first volume of the novel; aka, pretty much no plot before the end of the anime.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 4, 2017 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
>City Ruins
>Factory Level
>Girl Holding a Black Box
>GIANT ENEMY MACHINE

I swear this is "Nier:Automata - Another Episode" , sadly, it doesn't has Yoko Taro's writting.

But the comparisons are funny.

So, end of the Episode and we see a new Metal Gear.

Good
May 4, 2017 8:11 PM

Aug 2016
The fucking brat is fucking annoying the shit out of me

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 4, 2017 9:50 PM

Jan 2015
Somehow the color combination of red and black always bothered for me when it comes to evil thing. :(
Even now Halter has a little sister and yet Naoto meet with his own dreamy sister, Anchor just to fight against her. Poor Naoto.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 4, 2017 9:53 PM

Sep 2009
Zahylon said:
>City Ruins
>Factory Level
>Girl Holding a Black Box
>GIANT ENEMY MACHINE

I swear this is "Nier:Automata - Another Episode" , sadly, it doesn't has Yoko Taro's writting.

But the comparisons are funny.

So, end of the Episode and we see a new Metal Gear.

Good

Yeah, one is feeding off the other, but I don't know enough to tell which came first.
May 4, 2017 9:56 PM
Oct 2016
The episode was full of filler bullshit but if all they wanted to do was show ryzu in a bikini they could have sticked with the manga if they wanted to also the fact that i havent seen naoto in school make me think that they just want to keep him as a pervert with a gift
May 4, 2017 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
@MortalMelancholy

At this rate, it probably won't even get past the first volume of the novel; aka, pretty much no plot before the end of the anime.

Episode 6 will probably cover whatever is left of Volume 2 (At maximum it will last till 7).

They are burning trough the source material like crazy (Volume 1 in the first 3 episodes) and Lots of stuff being cut out.

Height 320m!! Perception trough the anime is like 30m tall at most

May 4, 2017 10:23 PM

Dec 2014
Average episode.

That radio message was savage. XD Though sometimes I think the shows goes a bit overboard with it's jokes.

RyuZu in her swimsuit was the best part of this episode.

Naoto with the typical MC accident and reaction. :|
RyuZu is on a whole other level of savage when it comes to Marie, Marie shouting she's a virgin was funny. XD

AnchoR finally shows up along with a weapon of mass destruction.
May 4, 2017 10:31 PM

Mar 2009
Sad hole lmao. What even is this show? Why am I still watching it?
May 4, 2017 11:00 PM

Sep 2009
jhoson14 said:
@MortalMelancholy

Episode 6 will probably cover whatever is left of Volume 2 (At maximum it will last till 7).

They are burning trough the source material like crazy (Volume 1 in the first 3 episodes) and Lots of stuff being cut out.

Orly? Plot seemed really slow in spite of that. I've only read the manga though.
May 4, 2017 11:26 PM

Mar 2016
Weird episode...that message and the sexual undertones with a girl that I thought was a kid...just weird. I'm not sure where the plot is going to go now but I guess this is more of a build-up episode for AnchoR and the new story arc. I'm still enjoying this anime but I can see it starting to take a strange turn down a not so good path but hopefully I'm wrong
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 5, 2017 12:05 AM

Jan 2013
This anime is still stupid... but it's the funny kind of stupid. The kind of stupid you laugh at its stupidity as opposed to the kind of stupid that's not funny but painful to watch.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
May 5, 2017 2:03 AM

May 2009
Stark700 said:

Well, you don't have to think highly of Naoto, he's just a kind of egoistic hardcore otaku who doesn't care about other as long as there is no merit for him.

_SsoraX_ said:
[...] Everything was really well done on the adaptation side.

What? Everything failed on the adaptation side. They completely messed up characterization, a lot of scenes lost their impact, etc.
They even add a useless beach part in this episode which isn't in the LN, just because Noato though about a swimsuit that would suit RyuZU well in the LN (and went to a shop to make her wear some in the manga).

jhoson14 said:
@MortalMelancholy

Actually, the 1st volume is covered by 4 episodes.
This episode ended at the half of the volume 2, but doesn't cover some parts. I wonder if the intent to adapt the 4th volume as well.
May 5, 2017 9:38 AM

Apr 2016
That anime is good but too slow, am I gonna put an " OK " on every episode haha, I don't like it :')
❝ They went looking for the gods,
and died in lonely places ❞
May 5, 2017 7:03 PM

Apr 2011
This anime was in probationary status from Week 1 because I hated the main character, and he's only gotten worse as the series has progressed. On top of that we have an annoying loli brat and a sexy clockwork girl who is, as usual, devoted to the one person who's too dickless to do anything with her. Ugh. Dropped like a bad habit. Only worthwhile part of this episode was the fanservice, and I can watch Sin for much, much better.
May 6, 2017 5:40 AM

Aug 2013
That transmission was savage, wasn't expecting that.

RyuZu is still brutal to Marie.

That guy lit his cigarette with his burned arm was like "I don't give a fuck, I'm about to die anyway"

May 6, 2017 7:41 AM

May 2015
More or less an interesting episode, compared to the previous episodes at least.

May 6, 2017 7:24 PM

Apr 2015
Didn't like this episode either. The comedy/romance with RyuZU and Naoto is so cringeworthy. I can't understand why they keep doing this. It's not funny to see her jealous.
May 6, 2017 7:38 PM

Jun 2015
1 episode away from the halfway mark, and I still don't really like this series. I still believe the concept is cool, it could've just been executed a lot better. I still can't seem to like Naoto either, same for whatever is happening between him and RyuZU.
I also really hate Marie, like she has the personality of a girl I just can't stand. I'm fine with RyuZU and Marie's bodyguard or whatever, but not liking two of the main character doesn't seem wonderful.
May 7, 2017 1:48 AM

Dec 2015
I'm so tired of Naoto doing the same thing every episode, I just can't...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 7, 2017 5:53 AM

Oct 2008
1st appearance of AnchoR is very hostile!
that Dark sphere is really dangerous and only dodge is the way out of it! it's like a matter eating mass weapon.
lol of course that loli is a virgin! lolz
3/5.

May 7, 2017 1:20 PM

Oct 2010
_SsoraX_ said:
Im aure the ones who still follow the anime to this point are the manga readers and novel readers. Everything was really well done on the adaptation side. Yet, the anime doesnt seem to be as appealing. The animation does not meet up to my expectations. Too many cuts with lots of flaws. Idk, Naoto from the manga version doesnt sound/seem that childish at all... Ahh damn, i really wish this anime was better

I believe most of the people who read the manga/LN stopped watching this trainwreck already unless they wanted to see low it can go.
May 7, 2017 3:49 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm well to the rest of the world Marie is kinda dead since she faked her death to stop the guild and military from stopping her do her job.
Still as the narrator said this funeral is a bit too fast to appear.
Guess the military were forces to do this as their original goal of capturing her failed. Lol Nauto using the flower method to determine whether he will meet Ryu's sister. Wow to think that he's been doing it 137 times now. Thats a lot of flowers he's wasted. Lol Nauto sure is crushed because anchoR wasn't there lol. Man Mari and Nauto sure have a bit of a thorny relationship there lol. Hmm so Marie wants to hunt for conspiracies while leaping across cities and repair them eh. If anything being dead has given Marie more freedom than she had when she was a meister and now she's able to do what she always wanted to do. This must be a life that Nauto always wanted though. Lol with the promise that Marie can help find anchoR even Nauto will be forced to agree lol.

Hmm and now a new enemy appears that looks to be pretty lethal even for the military. Hmm this assassin sure had a nice entrance. Just walking out of the dark like that lol. Geeze the military guy sure took a lot of damage losing one arm and leg to the assassin. Good thing he's a cyborg i guess. Knowing that he wouldn't survive the guy at least died bravely i guess passing on his task to Marie. Well at least the ones responsible for the attempted purge will now be held accountable. Lol Maries reaction to seeing that hated director of the guild though lol. Marie is the kind of person that likes to rush things eh. Lol Marie's new identity his Halters younger sister lol. I think Halter finds both disguises weird lol. On a planet made from gears anything that produces electromagnetic waves that could damage them would be bad so it makes sense that they will be banned. Lol Ryu will be a great tutor for Nauto since she's been alive for much longer than he has. Lol Ryu is jealous again because the ceiling is drawing Nauto's attention lol. Yep Ryu is very protective of Nauto lol. Nauto's ability to pinpoint the origin of every special sound that he hears with that much accuracy never ceases to surprise me.
Ah so Marie is the type of person that once presented with a problem will not stop working it until she solves it eh. Wow Ryu really is conscious of any girl that gets close to Nauto eh.

Hmm no wonder Marie was embarrassed about that message lol. Lol Halter knows exactly how to motivate Nauto eh. Hmm but i think seeing Ryu in a swimsuit will be worth it. Hmm so AnchoR is inside that assassin then eh. Well both Nauto and Marie had been working pretty hard to stop that purge so a little downtime is a good reward for them. Have to say though that Kyoto's landscape in this world sure is pretty. Hmm as expected Nauto is going crazy after seeing Ryu in a swimsuit. Damm Ryu really has a good figure though and that swimsuit suits her pretty well. Lol that was the coolest way to get a nosebleed lol. But at least that meant he could land on Ryu's chest lol. Ryu's retort though was hillarious. One can see that Ryu is pretty fond of Nauto though so its nice to see this being developed. Lol for Nauto i think the pace is a bit quick. Quite the funny fall though. Good thing that Ryu knows CPR though. Still lol Marie interrupting this by waking up Nauto her way. Mari still has a long way before she can have Ryu's figure lol. Hmm true given the time the town should be full of people and yet there is no one there and the TV's seem to be stuck on a loop. Hmm a dead city eh. Hmm well if something was important enough then i suppose the creators would try to protect it by emptying everything thats around it. Conversely if that was also discovered then all means must be used to alert people of this fact.

Lol the tension between Ryu and Marie is hillarious though with regards to that message. Lol Marie had to reveal that fact in the most embarrassing way possible. Something bad is in there all right. The red assassin no less. Given that there is a really big suspicious hole in a really spacious room i think there is something below. The scene as they jumped down into the hole and descend was pretty well done as it conveyed a sense of danger and threat while also retaining some spookiness. Hmm so what Marie's allies found in the beginning that cost them their lives was this WMD eh. So this thing is made of the parts that the wards clock tower had eh. After saving Kyoto from being purged it must be disheartening to find that someone has been stripping parts from the clock towers to build weapons that could destroy the whole planet. Hmm so when not in combat mode AnchoR appears in child form but once in battle she will be in assassin form. Guess this will be no happy reunion for Ryu and AnchoR then sadly. Not yet anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2017 7:24 AM

Jan 2016
This show is really big dissapointment, Why can't they just adapt this Novel perfectly. Jesus. I had super high expectation for the show because the mech, city, architecture and technology interested me(They don't show it clearly in the novels) XEBEC Y U DO THIS
Aug 19, 2017 12:35 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Nice cliffhanger, looking forwards to see what's next.
Aug 27, 2017 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
Tried to kill 20 million people and...just a public apology? Hmm...

pmsl at their best efforts in fanservice
Jun 12, 2022 7:45 AM

Jan 2017
The other fanservice during the earlier episodes were fine, but then the beach scene this episode felt so random lmao

Alright time to add another loli to the group, just gotta get the virus or whatever thing is controlling Anchor first
Jun 13, 2022 2:55 PM

Jan 2020
As much as I advocated the show going all in, I am somewhat surprised that they followed through with a funeral for Marie and kept her "dead." Not sure what the benefit of that is for her? She can freely roam about? Wouldn't she lose the invaluable resources of her namesake though?

I'm also not sure what Naoto's obsession with AnchoR is. He hasn't even banged RyuZU yet. Enjoy the toy's you have, not the ones that aren't yet available.

The premise of this episode seems weird. Someone sent a message to Marie calling her horny, and so they need to go find out who it is? Why?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 25, 2023 8:09 PM

Dec 2022
That cigarette guy didn't last very long. Thought he'd be a relevant character, with how he was introduced at the funeral.

RyuZU vs AnchoR could be fun, assuming they're similar in combat ability.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

41 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.