Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Felt bad for Sana this episode as her kidnapper continuously intimidated her.

This episode gives more insight more about Sana and who/what she really is. Really interesting to see Zouroku cominig to her recuse though. While some characters consider her as a "monster", I think that should be dismissed as she is much more human than that. Not really surprised that Zouroku also got captured with her by Mini C.

I really find the emotional character connection between Sana and Zouroku to be noticeable this episode.
Apr 23, 2017 7:04 AM

Jan 2012
Is Sana human? Inhuman? Who cares!? She's Zouroku's adorable new granddaughter and Sanae's baby sister as far as I'm concerned! And everything that bitch Mini C. did to her needs payback! Shoot Mini C in her leg, drug her, and cause her to piss herself! Thank goodness Zouroku got transported to her and they were finally found by Shizuku at the end.
Apr 23, 2017 8:36 AM

Apr 2017
Minnie C is the Worst... The Death and Gripped by her husband still won't come off to her mind..

Very Bad Idea... for letting... and get isolated her as a Guinea Pig...

Sana's living of being a Non human.. Existence.. is such a painful thing..

Sana may be not a human or a monster... But it's appearance won't truly matter as long as you find out about herself... :)

At that right moment... Good Zouroku came into her senses...

World Building.... Character Progression.... CHECK...

5/5
-HippySnob-Apr 23, 2017 9:26 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 23, 2017 8:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Minnie C is the worst ever, fuck that bitch

It was so sad to see Sana and Sanae suffer the way they did in this episode, but thank god for Zoroku, that man is true MVP Oji-san

But my question atm is who was the blonde woman that Sana talked too.....I feel like that's either Sana in the future or maybe that's her mom/a mom-like figure that she had in the past
Apr 23, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
"Acquired" a body? Is that mean Sana used to look, or "feel" like a gas? Or maybe, since Sana think about "Monster", then what kind of monster is she before? "An Unidentified that mimicking Humans"?
Whoever she is, what's crucial for now is Zoroku save Sana again, and run as far from Miriam.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Minnie C sucks. Can't believe she even shot Sana.

Glad that Zouroku was transported there and was able to give Sana some well needed support.
I'm pretty interested in that older blonde woman that Sana talked too.

The final scene with Shizuku saving them was great.

It's not about being born human but living like one. :)
Apr 23, 2017 8:53 AM

Apr 2012
>kakko ii oneesan
my little tardis can't be this cute

I also like how epic Ichijou-kun sounds with just a few lines. One good thing about this show is the development of the female characters. Of all the characters rather, Naitou and Zouroku have a fine dynamic too.
Apr 23, 2017 8:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm not sure if i like the shift with Minnie C's actions here. Felt it was only there to let Sana and Zouroku have their moment and made little sense.

Other than that, we get the information that there is a clash of opinions. The ones who'd like to see Dreams of Alice act in the real world and the ones who would have them in security (likely cause of the accident that happened in the facility, we'll surely get more infos on that).

So it looks like Sana's future self according to some people here, i didn't even think that far ahead (yeah, she looks like her but older, i know). I thought that it might have been Sanae' mother regardless of her look (working with flowers, more focus on family, more focus on the grave scene)
Apr 23, 2017 9:17 AM

May 2015
i wanna grow old like zouroku
Apr 23, 2017 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far, I really enjoyed it. Zoroku is a really good guy helping out Sana telling HER that even if she's a monster that he doesn't care about that. He also pointed out that humans can also be monsters with his "what kind of human would shoot a little girl?" question. Great stuff.

And wow the scene with older Sana was very touching in a way.

Oh Minnie C sucks. I can't believe she just shot Sana like that. I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if she were to die.
removed-userApr 23, 2017 9:54 AM
Apr 23, 2017 9:21 AM

Dec 2013
How the HELL did Sana connect through space-time and talk with her future self???? It's so obvious that's her in the future, considering her reaction to Sana's comment about her flat chest, lol....

This gives me hope for just how things will turn out, since she becomes a florist in the end.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 23, 2017 9:22 AM

Jun 2015
Best episode so far. I think the girl Sana saw was her future self. She transported Zouroku and he gave such a good lecture. He doesn't care if Sana is an alien. He would still care for her. Minnie C is just the worst for shooting at Sana. Shizuku saving them was great.
Apr 23, 2017 10:10 AM

May 2014
This went from 0-100 real fast, did not expect her to shoot Sana. Zouroku shows that he can be cool if he wants to.

5/5
Apr 23, 2017 10:20 AM

Sep 2015
The piece that played when Sanae was remembering the past was so beautiful! Hopefully the soundtrack will be released.
Apr 23, 2017 10:33 AM

Sep 2013
Sana an inhuman phenomenon but that doesn't matte, minnie c is more monstrous despite being human.
Apr 23, 2017 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
well that fir so much for sana...felt bad for the girl...Zouroku ..you the man
Apr 23, 2017 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, this made last week's attempts to make Minnie sympathetic look even more ridiculous, but regardless of that this was a good episode, especially Zoroku's telling Sana about how it doesn't matter what she is to him, and also Sana's conversation with what was blatantly her future self.
Apr 23, 2017 11:13 AM

Apr 2014
I don't like Miriam C since episode 1....and still hate her.
Wish someone kill her off for good.
Poor Sana has to suffer and who care if she is not a human.
Human are shit anyway.
Apr 23, 2017 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely in my top 5 of this season. Great episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 23, 2017 12:00 PM

Mar 2012
All of this talk about being human or none-human, whenever i hear that, i just tell them, we all came from the same explosion that made this blasted universe, so what right do you have to deny their existence? What about your own eeh.

I swear people are idiotic, regardless of how much we evolve we still forever remain primitive in our minds.
Apr 23, 2017 2:11 PM

Oct 2014
she likes food -> she is human

q.e.d.
Apr 23, 2017 2:29 PM

Mar 2016
I'm glad that we're getting back to the interaction between Zouroku and Sana because it was starting to feel like the show was drifting off track. I liked the exposition and I know there are still many questions to be answered but the show finally feels like it's picking up the pace and progressing. I look forward to the continuation of the story
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Apr 23, 2017 3:03 PM

May 2015
Holy shit, she shot a little girl in her leg, smh.

Apr 23, 2017 3:35 PM

Jun 2016
So wait... does what happened with Sana summoning Zouroku mean that everything Sana "creates" isn't actually created, but rather just... transported from somewhere else? If so, is she aware of this, and if not, what happens when she realizes it?

Actually, I don't know if that makes sense. Who the heck would have made the giant pancake? (Unless she can scale stuff as well...) What farmer(s) are now missing a bunch of pigs?

Either way, I could see this going all FMA equivalent exchange mode. Conservation of energy was already brought up in a previous episode, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Apr 23, 2017 3:53 PM

Oct 2013
This show has turned out to be way more intense than I thought it would be. Sheesh, I just spent almost 20 minutes watching a little girl/alien be psychologically tortured, have a tranquilizer hypodermic jabbed in her neck, pee herself, and get shot in the leg!

Now I can't wait until next week.

Of course it's still up in the air whether Sana is human or a being that imagined itself as a human. Minnie C could be lying after all. Minnie C herself had a husband and was serving in the military. Was she a being that imagined herself, or was she a human that acquired "The Dream of Alice?" What about the twins and the kid?
redtailravApr 23, 2017 3:59 PM
Apr 23, 2017 3:55 PM

Apr 2016
Best ep, that shot in the leg caught me off guard
Apr 23, 2017 3:59 PM

Dec 2016
Mini C is a lot cause as a human being, she is far too broken to be reasoned with.

Zouroku is one awesome old dude. Sometimes words speak louder than actions.

That was a dramatic entrance, looks like both are about to be rescued.
Apr 23, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2013
Zouroku is one based florist!
Apr 23, 2017 4:04 PM
Oct 2012
Plasmatize said:
So wait... does what happened with Sana summoning Zouroku mean that everything Sana "creates" isn't actually created, but rather just... transported from somewhere else? If so, is she aware of this, and if not, what happens when she realizes it?

Actually, I don't know if that makes sense. Who the heck would have made the giant pancake? (Unless she can scale stuff as well...) What farmer(s) are now missing a bunch of pigs?

Perhaps, but a way out of the transportation this episode is that Sana's crystal actually went to find Zouroku, so that could be an indication that she can do both things. In this case she didn't want to "create" him, but be with the "real" one, and the crystal understood the difference.

Which as I was thinking about this does make sense. Sana needs to be normalized about human reality, this would be a step for her towards that goal.

redtailrav said:
This show has turned out to be way more intense than I thought it would be. Sheesh, I just spent almost 20 minutes watching a little girl/alien be psychologically tortured, have a tranquilizer hypodermic jabbed in her neck, pee herself, and get shot in the leg!

While it may seem sick of me to say that is what attracts me to anime, in a way it is. I like that they show people acting like they would in such circumstances.
Apr 23, 2017 5:18 PM

Dec 2012
Not all heroes wear capes!

Apr 23, 2017 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. This sure went dark.
Minne C is a bitch. No need to shoot her.

Hmmm so Sana is not human. Zouroko is the best. Doesn't matter who/what you are.

Listen to your elders. He's just a florist. Nothing more, nothing less.
Ichijo to the rescue. That was cool.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 23, 2017 6:57 PM

Mar 2015
Another ep knocking it right out of the park. Well done!

And the cavalry ride to the rescue (or at least a woman in business attire lol)
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 23, 2017 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
this show has gotten serious beyond what i ever thought it would

can hardly have any sympathy for C after this episode bitch is the worst

still makes you wonder what Ichijo is shes has like 3 or 4 different powers from the looks of it
Apr 23, 2017 7:41 PM

Sep 2014
So Sanae is a girl that this mysterious tree created?
Apr 23, 2017 9:20 PM
Jan 2014
That military girl is really loathsome. I imagine her death crushed by her own hands but I guess this is not that kind of anime.
Is Ichijo the long haired girl that appeared to help Sana run away in the first episode?
Apr 23, 2017 9:31 PM
Nov 2010
Well.....uhhh that got dark super fast.....then darker.... then I cried... then the episode ended. But the ending credits made me feel better =)

My main question though is whose that older looking girl??? Herself?
yngtadpoleApr 23, 2017 9:35 PM
Apr 23, 2017 9:39 PM

Oct 2015
Don't you dare mess with Zouroku! He FUCKING HATES CROOKED STUFF!
Apr 23, 2017 10:06 PM
Oct 2015
Tokoya said:

It was so sad to see Sana and Sanae suffer the way they did in this episode, but thank god for Zoroku, that man is true MVP Oji-san

But my question atm is who was the blonde woman that Sana talked too.....I feel like that's either Sana in the future or maybe that's her mom/a mom-like figure that she had in the past

i think i could put money on her being an older sana
Apr 23, 2017 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, I feel Zouroku's argument could have been better.
Apr 23, 2017 10:34 PM

Mar 2008
I feel no sympathy for Minnie C. I hope she dies a slow painful death. Also, Zouroku is boss.
Apr 23, 2017 11:48 PM

May 2016
Almost anything Zouroku said in the interrogation scene with Minnie C and Sana is like straight out of shoujo mangas lol. Honestly if you transformed Sana and Zouroku into teenagers,this would be become a sci-fi romance anime.
since i can't actually ship themDoes anybody know an anime in which has some sort of resemblance with this (mostly with the plot) except it has romance in it?
Apr 24, 2017 12:12 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah......Minnie C is a bitch.

With that look and the flowers I think is too obvious that the mysterious girl is Sana's future self so maybe is someone else...

Ichijo to the rescue!
SkyLETVApr 24, 2017 10:55 AM
Apr 24, 2017 3:41 AM
Sep 2016
Wow, this is getting very intense.

Looking forward to see Ichijo in action.
Apr 24, 2017 6:55 AM

Oct 2011
Plasmatize said:

I think she cannot create "living things" ... she was surprised about the pigs too, wondering where they came from, since they were "alive"

anyway, she can change reality in more ways than just "create things" (she already had relocated people before)
Apr 24, 2017 7:01 AM

Jun 2010
Minnie C Sucks and her card continues to be the creepiest thing in this show. I hope she disappears.
Apr 24, 2017 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
Minnie C is becoming more heatable...Sana go find your happiness be free
Apr 24, 2017 9:30 AM

Jun 2016
Ronin-errante said:
Plasmatize said:

I think she cannot create "living things" ... she was surprised about the pigs too, wondering where they came from, since they were "alive"

anyway, she can change reality in more ways than just "create things" (she already had relocated people before)

You might be right. So there IS a farmer somewhere out there with a bunch of missing pigs. Probably. Or they're wild. Either works.
Apr 24, 2017 10:45 AM
Jul 2014
JC Staff is doing work here. They generally put out garbage, but every once in a while, they figure out what the need to do, Tora Dora, RailgunS & IndexII, Wixoss, and now Alice.

Also, somewhat digresing further... people that review anime when only 3-4 episodes are out -___-

Going on to the episode, its nice to see a dynamic thats not build around teenagers, while the romance is gone, the familial concepts its trying to push is a rare gem in anime when done correctly. At the same time they are really doing a good job paining Minnie C as a villain, when they introduce her backstory, you (almost) feel sorry for her, but this episode comes along and its back to good old fashioned pure hate.

This is the JC Staff I know and love, hope they continue doing stuff like this (AND GIVING IT MORE OF A F**KING BUDGET)
Apr 24, 2017 1:26 PM

Jan 2017
hmm, I like to imagine that Alice in the future could inherit Zorouko´s flower shop. I simply couldn´t image a better future for her.
Apr 24, 2017 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
Tokoya said:

i assumed it was her mom or a glimpse of her life before the research facility or somethin, but it would be really cool if it was future her :0 i love that idea
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

114 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 21, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

203 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:32 PM

» Deserves a second season.

Botan-Chan45 - May 3, 2018

2 by Hofner1962 »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:11 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2017

50 by cat_of_hell »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.