Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2017 4:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DigitalExile said:
Tokoya said:
Okay, you LN readers are overreacting BIG TIME lol, I was expecting something as drastically different as with Youjo Senki, but the visuals don't even look bad lol....It's nothing spectacularly different but at least it looks modern

Either way, this was a pretty good start because they introduced the world, explained what happened and what the Clockwork Dolls are as well as giving us a brief introduction of our main players....I dunno what they skipped but as an anime only, the pacing was fine

Naoto is a funny yet weird kid because of his clock fetish lol but he's not half bad....But RyuZu is love....RyuZu is life....She reminds me of Utaha from Saekano but even more snarky and I love it. Can't wait to see her in some more action scenes....The blonde girl has a cool personality too xD

And dat finger scene was bliss xD

Well if we get scenes like these which made me got wtf especially after coming across that gorgeous LN art, I expect people to get mad like reddit and 4chan are doing right now.

Beautiful eyes and she must be feeling troubled with that neck

The LN wasn't even good in the first place, even the OP. The entire thing feels like I'm watching it in the mid-2000s.
☑ Narrator explains the setting
☑ Starts in medias res with incomprehensible action sequence
☑ Mysterious girl literally falls from the sky
☑ Accidental nudity
☑ The world is in Danger

All generic tags checked. I think many people are fine with it so it's okay I guess.

Lelouch0202 said:

RyuZU is savage, enough said. XD The finger licking scene was top , I don't even know if it was necessary but who cares? xD

I was wondering about this, how did she produce saliva when sucking his finger??? XD
I looked up the LN art and honestly, there's not much of a difference.....The way you guys made it sound, its like how different Youjo Senki's art was to the LN and manga

Apr 6, 2017 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
This is the most "nothing" anime I've seen in some time. It just kinda exists. A complete waste of time.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Apr 6, 2017 4:32 PM

Jan 2014
There's zero redeeming qualities to this pile of shit so far.
Can't wait for more ugly animation, boring characters, and a plot that tries way too hard to be different.
Apr 6, 2017 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
So this was nowhere near what I was expecting so huzzah for another misleading synopsis in my eyes. After watching this I took away the fact that the artstyle is kinda childish, the plot is kinda ambiguous aside from the world is in trouble shit, and...randomly unexpected fanservice? I mean we have a shota, an onee-san maid, a loli, and a middle-aged butler. Yeah, rule 34 is gonna have a field day with this cast. If it wasn't for RyuZU's sass, I'd probably outright drop this but I'm gonna try to stick for another 2 episodes.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 6, 2017 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah the art looks pretty shit except for the grills.

Apr 6, 2017 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was pretty poor. First of all, the animation is mediocre at best. Most of the characters doesn't seem that interesting. Also, that finger licking... WHAT THE FAIZ?! I was close to dropping it but the man with glasses is the only thing that keeping me from dropping it.

Apr 6, 2017 4:44 PM

Nov 2011
Thank God it's not all CGI. It was mainly the gears which was awesome.
Overall I really enjoyed the first episode.
While the plot seemed pretty Generic it was a good episode.
Useless boy, meets super awesome robot female (who falls from the sky) and shit goes down after that.

I always liked those kind of anime. (Sora no Otoshimoto for example.)

The music was on point though! Op and Ed were really good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 6, 2017 4:45 PM

Feb 2011
The story looked promising, but I can't stand the fan service and a cast full of lolis. I won't be watching anymore of this.
Apr 6, 2017 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
So I guess in order to become a robot's master, the robot has to....deep throat your finger? That was weird and entirely unnecessary.

This wasn't the greatest start but I'm willing to give it a chance to become something better over time. I feel like that won't happen though. And the animation, hopefully, will improve as this progresses because seriously, wtf was up with that military guy's face a little over 10 minutes in? That was some derpy shit.

The only thing I kind of like so far is RyuZu and how she just roasts Naota with no fucks given.
thebrentinator24Apr 6, 2017 4:59 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 6, 2017 5:10 PM

Jul 2015
In one hand, the character design is pretty awful and there was way too much fanservice, but on the other hand I can't deny that I really liked RyuZU, I'm a bit interested in this one.
Apr 6, 2017 5:26 PM

May 2012
RyuZU seems like a fun character, but the anime hasn't caught my interest so far. Also, glad to not be the only one who thinks this anime feels reminiscent of a mid 00s anime. I mean, it's not exactly a bad thing, but nothing really sticks out in the anime so far.

Hope it gets better since the setting and premise are pretty interesting at least.
OlemApr 6, 2017 5:33 PM

Apr 6, 2017 5:30 PM

May 2015
This was honestly quite disappointing.... It feels like it doesn't do the original source any justice. Since it's the first episode, hopefully it'll get better.

Apr 6, 2017 5:35 PM
Oct 2012
Tatarata said:
The story looked promising, but I can't stand the fan service and a cast full of lolis. I won't be watching anymore of this.

I wouldn't tune out quite yet. A lot of anime has fan service in the first episode and then tones it down after it. It's been a long time since I read the LN, but I don't recall it being that fan servicey. Not saying it was "War and Peace", but it was entertaining.

Adaption, biggest problem I would say that it was too rushed, and I vaguely recall Naoto being more competent at the start, which is why he could fix RyuZu.
Apr 6, 2017 5:37 PM

Nov 2012
Well it is of to a great start. Mixed feelings about the first episode. Art and animation was like something from 10 years ago. The character designs are better than expected from the PV. So far the characters don't annoy me, actually think they are savage, especially RyuZU. The opening isn't the best but it is fripSide so maybe it will grow on me. The ending though. The ending surprised me quite a bit. I really didn't know beforehand that Soraru and MafuMafu would sing it (great voices).
In conclusion it wasn't a great start but wasn't a bad one either. I actually enjoyed it more than Akashic Records, which was horrible if you ask me. I still give it a few more episodes.
Apr 6, 2017 5:43 PM

Oct 2013
The episode was definitely rushed. They are already around half-way through Volume 1... that's way too much. They fucked up Marie's introductions badly too.

And my biggest gripe probably:
Why did the change Naoto from a skilled genius (who doesn't recognize his own greatness) who is working on building his own automaton at home in the LN, to a useless guy who can't fix any of the simple clocks he's working with in the anime?
Apr 6, 2017 5:51 PM
Oct 2012
GoldenPincers said:
Why did the change Naoto from a skilled genius (who doesn't recognize his own greatness) who is working on building his own automaton at home in the LN, to a useless guy who can't fix any of the simple clocks he's working with in the anime?

So I did recall that properly. Yeah, that was an odd decision, I guess they thought it would set a more harem like vibe to it (even though it isn't one). That doesn't bode well for the adaption, it is like they don't have faith in the material. Really curious now to see how he is going to help next episode, since he has been portrayed as skill-less.
Apr 6, 2017 5:57 PM

May 2010
Tasteful CGI. OMG.
Apr 6, 2017 6:01 PM

Dec 2008
terrible
terrible
terrible show
Apr 6, 2017 6:03 PM

Apr 2015
Mehmeh started off kinda weird.

I got baited pretty hard tho :p. When I saw this anime on the spring chart I checked out the ln art and I was hyped and shit. After watching the 1st episode I can tell you that I'm pretty disappointed lol.

I will continue for a few more eps but most likely gonna be a drop for me.
Apr 6, 2017 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
I'm dissapointed in Xebec. This looks cheap as can be. It was over-hyped which is nothing new around here. I'll be surprised if I stick around for this depending on what direction it heads.
Apr 6, 2017 6:15 PM

Feb 2013
Everything just feels forced or not natural... Take the di..finger sucking scene - I get it was to register the new owner but it was a forced moment and the whole thing is like this...
Apr 6, 2017 6:39 PM

Jul 2009
Was pretty good. minus the finger sucking master initiation scene. Like why. :/
Apr 6, 2017 6:50 PM

Oct 2013
Nier:Automata ~Gaiden~

Premise seemed fine, Artwork of the LN looked good.

But, the art itself of the anime...
it feels like watching some 2004 eroge adaption. The first 10 minutes of the episode, the art feels so wrong... the CG is suprisingly good, but the 2D animation feels so cheap...

Well, generic premise, Saving the world.

On the good side:

+Yorha Unit Y1
+Gears everywhere
+Honest Straight Shota Protagonist
+Fingellatio

On the bad side:

-For the first 10 minutes, art feels horrible.
-Action scenes were CRINGY AF
-Xebec
-Lolis, but not like Tanya

On the Lulz Side:
>Saved by "Y" ...you dont' fool me, it's you again!! 'BEING X'
Apr 6, 2017 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
I like it a lot.

I really like RyuZU, she reminds me of Eucliwood Hellscythe, who is one of my favorite girls ever.
Apr 6, 2017 7:05 PM

Mar 2016
I really waited so long for this show. The story is good. . . But, I hate fan-service. . .

I already read the manga but I can't read the LN (I mean, I don't like long paragraph)
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Apr 6, 2017 7:19 PM

Jun 2013
The weirdest part was that the fan service was all being pushed by the fucking robot. His shyness about sticking his hand inside her gears actually felt natural, but she acts like he's some deviant and then keeps trying to be lewd or weird with him. It got annoying fast. All things considered though I actually like the characters so far other than RyuZU (her design is cool, but interactions are just weird :P).
Apr 6, 2017 7:38 PM

Nov 2014
i like the episode but the OP really is bad...

4/5
Apr 6, 2017 7:58 PM

Apr 2011
Cool setting, but trash characters... might skip this. 3/5
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Apr 6, 2017 8:22 PM

Sep 2015
That finger licking contract was pretty erotic
Apr 6, 2017 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
the art style is similar to Lance N' Masques, which is ok for me since I can barely finished it

the world setting is interesting, I like it so far
I enjoyed it tho
Apr 6, 2017 8:39 PM
Sep 2016
Been waiting on this anime since looking ahead at the seasonal list since winter cause I knew this would be good and it topped my expectations. The OP was enjoyable, they got straight to the action with little exposition as to not flood it with needless narration. Animation quality is nice, not clunky and it's not hurtful on the eyes in terms of following things across the screen. Gave the ED about 3 tries in terms of hearing it fully play out and I just didn't like it. All in all it's 4/5 stars so far for me and I'll wait the standard 3 episodes before really putting the hammer on it judgement wise
Apr 6, 2017 8:44 PM

Jul 2014
WTF was that finger scene xD

Anyway I was expecting something different but I liked RyuZU so I'll take it (for now).

And why people are overreacting to the art?
Apr 6, 2017 8:52 PM

Jan 2011
cover art looked nice set up for the world seemed interesting then...i started watching the show was quite on unbearable to the point where i had to stop because i remember i could be watching the end of Kobayashi.

high chance for the next hand shakers of the season that's too bad since i'm seeing a lot of talk on how the manga/LNs are better
Apr 6, 2017 9:30 PM

Mar 2015
After reading all of the manga (well what's released to date) it's safe to say I was pretty excited for this to finally air. However, I'm still a bit skeptical as to how its going to turn out after watching this first EP. It did a decent job of setting things up, but it definitely left something to be desired. The animation and characters just don't seem very fluid (especially in the action scene). Really wish a different studio picked this one up.

TL;DR First EP was decent, still have high hopes for the rest
Apr 6, 2017 9:47 PM

Jul 2011
I don't know the source material, but this didn't seem good. The premise is really stupid to me, like "the world was destroyed and some dude turned it into a gear planet"? lmao. Other than that, I still enjoyed the character interactions between Naoto and the automata girl I guess.

Really got those "hand shakers" vibes, so I might drop this like I did with that show, but I'll at least give one more ep a chance.
Apr 6, 2017 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
DigitalExile said:

Well if we get scenes like these which made me got wtf especially after coming across that gorgeous LN art, I expect people to get mad like reddit and 4chan are doing right now.

Beautiful eyes and she must be feeling troubled with that neck

The LN wasn't even good in the first place, even the OP. The entire thing feels like I'm watching it in the mid-2000s.
☑ Narrator explains the setting
☑ Starts in medias res with incomprehensible action sequence
☑ Mysterious girl literally falls from the sky
☑ Accidental nudity
☑ The world is in Danger

All generic tags checked. I think many people are fine with it so it's okay I guess.

I was wondering about this, how did she produce saliva when sucking his finger??? XD
I looked up the LN art and honestly, there's not much of a difference.....The way you guys made it sound, its like how different Youjo Senki's art was to the LN and manga

Youjo senki art was different style but it looked decent and the animation was good, here it looks dated compared to LN art and plain bad, already more than half dropped this. It doesn't need to be "different style" to look bad.

Takuan_Soho said:
Tatarata said:

I wouldn't tune out quite yet. A lot of anime has fan service in the first episode and then tones it down after it. It's been a long time since I read the LN, but I don't recall it being that fan servicey. Not saying it was "War and Peace", but it was entertaining.

Adaption, biggest problem I would say that it was too rushed, and I vaguely recall Naoto being more competent at the start, which is why he could fix RyuZu.

Actually, it has quite a bit of fanservice and I read it recently, not to say those moments happen just as serious moments occur which makes for some worst tonal shifts.
removed-userApr 7, 2017 12:13 AM
Apr 6, 2017 10:16 PM

Apr 2016
uoyj said:
This episode felt kinda childish and dumb until that finger sucking thing lol

"Until"? (Maybe my sarcasm detector needs new batteries?)

I actually thought this could be interesting, but that part just kind of took me out of it.

I'll keep watching for now, though.
Apr 6, 2017 10:30 PM

Dec 2014
so it felt like the core of the earth has stopped and someone managed to start earths gravity with the help of gears..

Apr 6, 2017 11:20 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DigitalExile said:
Tokoya said:

Youjo senki art was different style but it looked decent and the animation was good, here it looks dated compared to LN art and plain bad, already more than half dropped this. It doesn't need to be "different style" to look badbad.

Takuan_Soho said:

Actually, it has quite a bit of fanservice and I read it recently, not to say those moments happen just as serious moments occur which makes for some worst tonal shifts.
As much as I loved Youjo Senki, there was nothing decent about that art style besides Tanya's rape faces lol and don't get me started on the CG

Either way, the art style for the anime isn't that different at all, you guys are blowing this out of proportion
Apr 6, 2017 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
DigitalExile said:

Youjo senki art was different style but it looked decent and the animation was good, here it looks dated compared to LN art and plain bad, already more than half dropped this. It doesn't need to be "different style" to look badbad.

As much as I loved Youjo Senki, there was nothing decent about that art style besides Tanya's rape faces lol and don't get me started on the CG

Either way, the art style for the anime isn't that different at all, you guys are blowing this out of proportion

Ehh irrespective of preference of artstyle, youjo senki's animation was pretty cool, most people agreed to that, nuts did a good job. This has no redeeming quaities in any of that department whatsoever, this isn't different, this looks just cheap and bad as some people already pointed out and dropped this. And I can assure you most of them are actually anime only watchers, irrespective of LN reader complains.
At least youjo didn't look like those hentai anime lol, the thing that's happening here
removed-userApr 7, 2017 12:18 AM
Apr 6, 2017 11:27 PM

Jan 2015
I won't blame Naoto if he likes RyuZU at that first sight, aside for him loving the high spec RyuZU is. Not to mention that pledge making is kinda... Naoto should be unconscious again. Damn Naoto so lucky. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 6, 2017 11:38 PM
Apr 2017
Xebec just butchered the character introduction ;(

Action scenes felt really lazy.

Failed to live up its hype.
Sigh, all the wait is for nothing. Dropped
Apr 6, 2017 11:43 PM

Jun 2013
I'll be honest, I only wanted to watch this for nanjo and fripside but she voices a dude
Apr 6, 2017 11:47 PM

Oct 2011
Hmm interesting first episode.
Apr 7, 2017 12:08 AM

Jan 2015
Complete garbage, the finger scene was a cringefest and same applies to that accidental naked loli scene. As far as everything else goes, I don't give a shit about none of the characters except for maybe that Halter guy which seems like a cool man aside from obeying that loli. The art/animation is mediocre to bad and I could say the same about the story.

I was actually hoping it wouldn't be that bad in terms of fanservice and that maybe they'll tone it down, but no. Gotta appeal to those otaku losers that get off to that.
Apr 7, 2017 12:14 AM

Nov 2010
This was horrible. i feel pity for the cast who were part of this anime.
Apr 7, 2017 12:55 AM

Sep 2013
Not sure what I just watched but this literally felt like an over cliched anime imagined by a teenage anime fan.

I think RyuZU is pretty cute though like most androids, she lacks any personality. The male MC is outrageously annoying while the loli is a typical hot-headed prodigy.

2/5- Not much to say about this episode other than an action packed first minute. Looks like the two groups will eventually team up and I'm intrigued on how that will come about. It's only the first episode so I can't be too harsh on it.

Other than that, I really don't know what else to say other than there is a fuck ton of gears. I'm debating on counting how many gears I see in this episode alone. Hell, I might make this into a drinking game. Drink for every gear I see.

...I might die.

Apr 7, 2017 12:59 AM
Jun 2015
God you haters are triggering. Why not be positive or optimistic for a change? Look, I agree the finger sucking part was weird, but the animation is great. Most of you guys are making it sound like it's much worse than it is.

Look, I'm not defending this anime at all, you guys are entitled to your opinions. But why do you guys have to be so negative?

I'm probably gonna get nothing but insults and backlash as replies so fuck it. I'm done ranting.
Apr 7, 2017 1:43 AM

Jun 2013
Huh. This could've actually used a little (a lot) more exposition for a first episode to give context as to why anything that happened matters. What is "grid" supposed to mean? Is it equivalent to a city? A state/territory? How does the Kyoto grid fit in with the rest of this new world? Why would a "gravity irregularity" causes a grid to "fall"? And we have no idea of what conflict exists that would make the military willing to "purge 20 million people".

And, more importantly than all of the above, why did 4-trillion-gears-chan fellate headphone-kun's finger? Can we expect more?
Apr 7, 2017 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
This is just... bad.
I don't know what it looks like to others but whut.
Is this really the same Clockwork planet from the art I've seen in the novel illustration.
To me it looks a ton of difference in the art, just a feeble resemblance tbh not trying to be harsh.
Is this really at a level that can be call not bad ?

The mc really has no substance either.
He claims to can't fix any normal clock, but could tweak RyuZU like magic.
Yes, I would like to know the answer to that myself boi.
Look at his badass face in the illustration..
That weak looking animated eyes.

Do I have to even point out the random sucking finger or no pantsu fan service was way random.
This scene was just awful really.
Such a waste.
​¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lambdaa-Apr 7, 2017 2:17 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

41 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

39 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.