Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 2017 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah childhood friends. So we got Kyouko getting a main role this arc.

I think her character chemistry with Kamita feels quite natural considering that they already know each other. Out of the three main girls, I think Kyouko is the kindest one so far too. I kinda like her already. Hope this final arc/route/story will be memorable.
Stark700Mar 2, 2017 10:48 AM
Mar 2, 2017 2:43 PM

Apr 2010
So many characters from Amagami, well two of them at least, this girl somehow seems interesting even if she is a little childish.
Touru is still on spot 1 tho.
For now i am looking forward to this ark.
Mar 2, 2017 3:08 PM
Dec 2016
Aversa said:
So many characters from Amagami, well two of them at least, this girl somehow seems interesting even if she is a little childish.
Touru is still on spot 1 tho.
For now i am looking forward to this ark.

yeah, two senpai's from housekeeping club look quite similar to Yuzuki and Hiba senpai from tea club in amagami.
Mar 2, 2017 6:50 PM

Jul 2014
Stark700 said:

I think her character chemistry with Kamita feels quite natural considering that they already know each other.

I think ^this^ can make a big difference with the previous arcs where the relationships felt rather strange.
Mar 3, 2017 1:43 AM
Mar 2016
The garden where Shouichi and Kyouko played mahou shoujo seems the place Junichi got broken heart while the girl who had promise with him didn't come at Christmas Eve in Amagami SS.
rwodeeMar 3, 2017 1:46 AM
Mar 3, 2017 3:48 AM

Nov 2008
Female pantyshot - Not shown
Male pantyshot - Shown prominently

Worst. Double standard. Ever.
Mar 3, 2017 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
Even by Seiren and Amagami standards, the crossdressing as a child and getting spanked was exceptionally weird and something I could have done without. Other than that, I'm liking that there's already a chemistry between Shouichi and Kyouko, as it will make it much easier to accept their relationship when it properly develops.

Also, was that supposed to be Junichi from Amagami in the first scene? That's pretty cool if so.
Mar 3, 2017 10:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Atavistic said:
Even by Seiren and Amagami standards, the crossdressing as a child and getting spanked was exceptionally weird and something I could have done without. Other than that, I'm liking that there's already a chemistry between Shouichi and Kyouko, as it will make it much easier to accept their relationship when it properly develops.

Also, was that supposed to be Junichi from Amagami in the first scene? That's pretty cool if so.
Ditto on everything you said

Kyouko is a pretty sweet girl so I'm going to enjoy seeing her grow
Mar 3, 2017 11:10 AM

Aug 2014
I just noticed that they are changing the girl behind the curtain in the OP :d I noticed only because so big difference between Tooru and Kyouko.

Lol at that Tsuneki lying :d she was at the camp hehe but this time without Shouichi.

Shouichi had a chance to become homo or at least drag queen ;d

anyway.. it is third year of Shouichi school and he knows Takeshi? and later Kyouko talks about Shouichi playing games with Tooru and there is Tooru's friend later?
but Shouichi doesn't know about Tsuneki being on camp with deers ;D? He also doesn't know that Takeshi and Tsuneki know each other and that she works part time in that restaurant?
how fu**ed up is this timeline? -1 in rank because of this
so for me this anime is downhill
went from rank 9 after first arc to 7 now and I bet it won't go any higher this arc will be worst as we already knew after first episodes.

also ED song is so ordinary that boring - same as Kyouko :/
Thyriad-oPPailovMar 3, 2017 11:13 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 3, 2017 11:16 AM

Sep 2012
i nkow this series is related to amagami, but seriously?
i have no problem with childhood friend, its kinda good and natural but the premise is a problem.
-childhood friend with 2 seniors which is damn similar with
rihoko's. like really? they're way to similar.
Mar 3, 2017 11:18 AM

Jun 2015
Kyouko is a nice girl. She likes to read shoujo manga. I'm liking her chemistry with Shouichi. It feels natural. She looks pretty in a kimono.
Mar 3, 2017 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
I like how they cover both sempai and kouhai...Childhood arc going good so far...
Mar 3, 2017 12:03 PM

May 2012
Ohhh, so this time it's a osananajimi? I'm down. Since they're childhood friends, their relationship is already developed and feels natural, so I think the awkwardness from the other 2 arcs won't be present as much, especially when it comes to Kamita and his sudden fantasizing of the girls.

Anyway, I'm really liking her so far since she's a bundle of cuteness. Tooru's was my favorite by far, but this felt like a fun start to Kyouko's arc

Mar 3, 2017 12:45 PM

Feb 2017
Well anyone else saw Junichi in the very first scene? and the home club member just resemble them, since Nanasaki Ikuo is the younger brother of Ai wich is a very nice reference.

"edit" I would guess seiren plays around 7 to 8 years after amagami
RomanceHeroMar 3, 2017 2:59 PM
Mar 3, 2017 12:45 PM

Jan 2016
lol ... in the begining that was Junichi from Amagami...

Yuzuki and Hiba senpai from Rihoko arc in amagami also attended here. i was waiting for Rihoko too but she didnt appear

Mar 3, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2017
I really like this episode!! Not only we got to see Junichi but Kamita is moving away from his wimpy persona and protecting his childhood friend. But that 'Trap' scene in the prologue ... man.. that was hilarious.

Kyouko is a loli waifu! I think she was wearing the same or similar kimono as Rihoko in Amagami. Hopefully its more of a tribute to the childhood friend arc rather than a sign that it remains a longing relationship at the end of the arc.

Its interesting to see the rating of this show dropping all this while.. hopefully things turn around. And there's still no news on 2nd cour? I'm actually interested in Ruise (morals committee chairperson) arc, she looked really hot at the comiket. I wonder if Rin is her imouto. They got the same.. er... skin complexion.
Mar 3, 2017 2:32 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kyouko is the most beautiful girl yet. It helps that the two are childhood friends, too. Liked this start.
Mar 3, 2017 4:45 PM

Oct 2012
SkyLETV said:
Stark700 said:

I think her character chemistry with Kamita feels quite natural considering that they already know each other.

I think ^this^ can make a big difference with the previous arcs where the relationships felt rather strange.
Agreed, while watching I felt that the character interactions with them seemed pretty intimate, fun and comfortable, it definitely feels like the most natural so far.

The cross dressing caught me off guard. I choked on the water I was drinking when I realized that was Shouichi. Also, that was one heck of an uncensored booty on Shouichi when he got punished. Made me feel a bit awkward but eh.
I did lol when he mentioned Ikuo fainting after flipping up his skirt and seeing what was underneath

Wondering about how the routes are branched, it seems like each arc includes a portion of events from the previous route, minus the romantic development. I guess I'm just a tad intrigued by how the routes are and aren't connected. I am glad that they're keeping Hikari relevant and I still loved her scenes this ep too.
gust11Mar 3, 2017 4:50 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 3, 2017 4:51 PM

Oct 2010
Solid episode. Kyouko is proving to be the best heroine yet. The interactions don't feel contrived or cringe either. That full-moon yukata Kyouko seriously knocked the ball out of the park.

ALL ABOARD THE OSANANAJIMI TRAIN
Mar 3, 2017 5:11 PM

Apr 2012
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
...Shouichi doesn't know about Tsuneki being on camp with deers ;D? He also doesn't know that Takeshi and Tsuneki know each other and that she works part time in that restaurant?
how fu**ed up is this timeline?

When I heard her say that I was like those things weren't supposed to happen in her arc since all the events are reset at a certain point in time. That being said; I'm guessing Kyouko's arc starts around the time Tsuneki got back from her ordeal from summer classes which she attended ALONE because we clearly see Kamita envying her for having a great time at an "exclusive place" she's bragging about.

I don't know about the other girls point in time wherein they're know certain events or information but let me remind you guys that in Amagami-SS in Miya's episode her story takes place at the time Junichi practically knows and did a few things with each girl but in that scenario he hasn't made his choice or rather didn't do the things that made a girl consider him as boyfriend material yet. That episode takes place in some sort of crossroad in Junichi's life.

In my opinion Kyouko's storyline takes place in that scenario.
Janethan23Mar 3, 2017 5:30 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 3, 2017 5:12 PM
Jun 2016
Kyouko is just so precious. This arc looks very promising so far as it seems to fix many of the problems the show had for the first two:

- They already have an established history so there is none of the awkwardness and boring development that existed with Hikari and Tooru.
- Side characters are given more screentime and expanded properly instead of just being thrown in whenever it suits the show.
- Kamita is proactive instead of being a pussy when it comes to Kyouko
- There are hints of romance already in the first episode

That cross-dressing really threw me for a loop though. And why did they make the two members of the home ec club look exactly like Rihoko's senpais from the tea club? I thought it was actually them at first and it was some sort of cameo. I didn't even notice that the guy at the beginning was meant to be Juinchi.

It's interesting how they've managed the timeline this time around. They've keep events from the first two arcs intact (many characters reference this) except they've just moved the MC's position.

It's a good sign that they already show some of Kamita's attraction to Kyouko as this may mean she gets a happy ending (how could anyone say no to her in that kimono?). She's just too cute not too. Best girl for best arc! (Although Tooru has the best ED song, sorry Kyouko!)
dqtl74Mar 3, 2017 5:23 PM
Mar 3, 2017 5:58 PM

Apr 2012
dqtl74 said:
...It's a good sign that they already show some of Kamita's attraction to Kyouko as this may mean she gets a happy ending...

I hope you're right. I really really hope it's true for Kyouko because I get the feeling were in for a tragic ending if not a very sad one at that.
My reference to this is the scene in episode 9's opening song: In the scene at 1:49 she's the only girl featured with her back turned fading away like symbolizing goodbye.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 3, 2017 6:09 PM
Jun 2016
Janethan23 said:
dqtl74 said:
...It's a good sign that they already show some of Kamita's attraction to Kyouko as this may mean she gets a happy ending...

I hope you're right. I really really hope it's true for Kyouko because I get the feeling were in for a tragic ending if not a very sad one at that.
My reference to this is the scene in episode 9's opening song: In the scene at 1:49 she's the only girl featured with her back turned fading away like symbolizing goodbye.

Don't say such scary things...

Mar 3, 2017 6:28 PM
Jan 2017
If Hikari was the exciting girl that forces Shoichi to reinvent himself and Tooru is the mysterious girl that bonds with him over shared interests, then Kyouko is the sweet, innocent girl that makes Shoichi comfortable just by knowing him on a personal level. Childhood friend romance is a big thing in anime, so perhaps this isn't entirely unexpected. Shoichi is very protective of Kyouko and doesn't want her to be sad, but at the same time understands she has to grow up on her own. Also, Shoichi has some weird interests... dressing like a magical girl and waving a round a magic wand as a a child. I'm not judging, I'm not judging. Anyway, the characters in Seiren are all quirky, likeable and easy to get behind. Hope to see more next week.
Mar 3, 2017 6:31 PM

Sep 2015
Guys, I'm gonna shatter some hearts but those are not the Tea club senpais from Amagami SS. They were probably inspired by them in terms of design and etc.

The glasses girl tea club president from Amagami SS is supposed to be named Ruriko Yuzuki. But the lookalike in this series called "Seiren" is named Uno Koharu. Her glasses also looks different as it has silver color to it.

The other girl from Amagami SS tea club is suppose to be named Manaka Hiba. But the lookalike in this series is named Tokioka Nao.

Before they mentioned being in the school, I assumed that they were the grown up girls from the tea club from Amagami SS. But rip my dreams.
Mar 3, 2017 6:38 PM

Sep 2015
saeed1m said:
lol ... in the begining that was Junichi from Amagami...

Yuzuki and Hiba senpai from Rihoko arc in amagami also attended here. i was waiting for Rihoko too but she didnt appear

Those are not the senpais from Amagami SS. The lookalikes in Seiren have diff names. At first I thought it was them until they mentioned that they were in high school.
Also if they were the same ones it wouldn't make sense. Because if you saw Tachibana (not sure if thats really him at the beginning) in that flashback of Kamita's when he was a little kid. Then years later, those tea senpais who you assume are the tea senpais from amagami ss are in high school while that Tachibana(who might be actually Tachibana or not) from the flashback is much older. Maybe those could be the daughters of the two tea senpais because once you marry someone (if your a woman), your surname aka last name changes. And ofc your husband's surname will be your children's surname.
Hinata-chiMar 3, 2017 6:46 PM
Mar 3, 2017 7:55 PM

May 2015
Finally, an important cameo from Amagami… if that guy is who I think it is?!

Leaving that aside why in the blue hell is this kid cosplaying as a magical girl? Why is he wearing panties?? And why is he so eager to see men being charmed by him dressing as a magical girl??? WTF?! What happened to kids loving Inago Mask.. *Yeezus*

Like fathers like sons mothers like daughters(?), Uno Koharu (President of Home Economics club) & Tokioka Nao (Vice-president) act the same way plus they are the spitting image of Ruriko Yuzuki & Manaka Hiba (Amagami tea club members) and also are the wing-girls for childhood friends are these two girls the daughters of that duo? The coincidence is too much, maybe cousins becuase the age gap wouldn't make them their daughters…
Roy_FockerMar 4, 2017 8:03 PM
Mar 3, 2017 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
Really nice start to the arc.

Oh wow, is that supposed to be Junichi? That was a cool cameo.
I was able to overlook the cross-dressing but the spanking was totally weird.

In a sense this show is kinda structured like a VN, if Shouichi had decided to goto camp, we have the Hikari arc, if he decides to spend more time playing games then it's Tooru's arc and if he doesn't choose any of those, we get Kyouko's arc. This is kinda evidenced by the fact that both Hikari going to camp and Shouchi playing with Tooru events have already happened in this arc.

Kyouko is really sweet, I love her already. She also has a nice chemistry with Kamita and I'm looking forward to see their relationship grow. We can trust Tomoe to give Shouichi the push he needs to confront his romantic feelings. xD
Kyouko looked beautiful in that kimono. <3
Mar 3, 2017 10:00 PM

Apr 2013

Best girl. Easily.
Mar 3, 2017 10:26 PM

Nov 2016
Good start, I love Kyouko, she is cute. She is the best girl, you can see it from opening song that she is different. Same with Ayatsuji Tsukasa from amagami ss.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Mar 3, 2017 10:52 PM

Jun 2011
Cute, ditzy, girly girls (all Feminist triggering traits) are my type so I was already looking forward to Kyouko way before her arc. She's almost everything Tsuneki isn't. Girls like her are becoming a rare breed...

Either way, Kamita is in a rough spot in this arc. He's treated more like a "girl" friend which is worse than the friend zone. He'll have to work extra hard if he's gonna win her over by episode 12.

Oh and Kyouko ED > Tsuneki ED > Tooru ED (You're a nice gal, Tooru but your ED puts me to sleep. Sorry.)
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 3, 2017 11:27 PM

Aug 2010
rwodee said:
The garden where Shouichi and Kyouko played mahou shoujo seems the place Junichi got broken heart while the girl who had promise with him didn't come at Christmas Eve in Amagami SS.

Actually the guy in the first minute of this episode looking at them is Junichi haha.
Mar 3, 2017 11:42 PM
Sep 2016
Looks like a promising story arc. So far their chemistry feels really natural so I'm definitely interested to see how it all plays out.
Mar 4, 2017 1:54 AM

Apr 2012
So far this episode has all the Amagami traits:
- Establishing a solid backstory in the first minute.
- Chemistry and vibe of the couple already being shipped.
- Directly focusing solely on the main characters.
- Minor characters were almost non-existent.
- Previous heroeins events were refenced but with the protagonist not influencing their timeline.

Were the writers replaced?

Mar 4, 2017 2:00 AM

Aug 2013
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
I just noticed that they are changing the girl behind the curtain in the OP :d I noticed only because so big difference between Tooru and Kyouko.

Lol at that Tsuneki lying :d she was at the camp hehe but this time without Shouichi.

Shouichi had a chance to become homo or at least drag queen ;d

anyway.. it is third year of Shouichi school and he knows Takeshi? and later Kyouko talks about Shouichi playing games with Tooru and there is Tooru's friend later?
but Shouichi doesn't know about Tsuneki being on camp with deers ;D? He also doesn't know that Takeshi and Tsuneki know each other and that she works part time in that restaurant?
went from rank 9 after first arc to 7 now and I bet it won't go any higher this arc will be worst as we already knew after first episodes.

I've noticed that change too in the OP.

That was a splendidly made episode and a good start to the arc.

But Tooru is still my favourite

But why the magical girl reference?

Mar 4, 2017 2:00 AM

Sep 2009
Sempais duo appeared not only in Amagami but also in KimiKiss with same appearences and seiyuus but different names.

Not that many people remember KimiKiss now.
Mar 4, 2017 2:27 AM

Jul 2012
Not that bad of a start for the new arc, but again it was some weird humor. She was pretty cute in Yukata. Well mb this time it will proper romance story =/
Mar 4, 2017 2:36 AM
Nov 2016
Aaaaaaand here it is, the childhood friend arc.

Well, I already like Kyoko, she is sooooo cute and her chemistry with kamita just feels so natural.

I think this arc will be better than the last, although it maybe too early to tell.

Tsuneki's arc is still my favourite.
Mar 4, 2017 3:15 AM

Jan 2016
I like ending song for this arc, it caught my attention
saeed1mMar 4, 2017 3:24 AM
Mar 4, 2017 4:34 AM
Jul 2011
I think that Tono Kyoko Highly Likely Resembles\Certainly Resembles Sakurai Rihoko.
SeerHuMar 4, 2017 4:37 AM
Mar 4, 2017 4:38 AM
Jul 2011
It Maybe Is Junichi does not marry Rihoko and let his childhood friend rihoko marry someone else.
Mar 4, 2017 5:26 AM

Nov 2009
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

Timeline is not wrong. You are the one who is confused. Please remember that

The event of Tsuneki's arc starts in July. Tooru's arc start in May. Kyoko's arc starts around September.

- Shouichi will enter Tsuneki arc if he choose to attend the camp - if not, all his relationship and interaction with Tsuneki in ep.2-4 will never happen.

- Shouichi will enter Tooru arc if he called out to her at 14.00 in ep.6, if not, all his relationship and interaction with Tooru after that will never happen.

Now, Kyoko arc is the universe where he never entered Tooru and Tsuneki route ,so he don't know any detail that he would know from entering their route. He know all details in the story beside that, however.

That's why in Kyoko arc...

- He doesn't know about Tsuneki and deer because he didn't attend the camp
- He doesn't know Shiori (Tooru and Moe-nee friend) because Tooru never introduced her to him and he didn't go to Comiket.
- Oh, He probably knows about Tsuneki and her part-time work but he has to keep her secret in front of Kyoko.
Marina2Mar 4, 2017 5:29 AM
Mar 4, 2017 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
Let's see how will the childhood friend arc fares. I mean, Miyamae-senpai still best girl. Kek.

By the way, Kyouko=same VA with Aoi Miyamori of Shirobako.
Mar 4, 2017 6:39 AM

May 2015
Uhh this is getting pretty confusing the way these arcs are working out. I don't have a clue how this anime is playing out or maybe I have no clue how arcs are working in this, first few eps it's all about Tsuneki x Kamita, then Miyamae x Kamita and now Kyoko x Kamita. But how does it all tie together? Do they remember what happens or something like that?

Why do they display kamita having relationships with different people and for what purpose?
steeshMar 4, 2017 6:42 AM
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Mar 4, 2017 6:44 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
omg our very own junichi at the start. (being stood up on that fateful night probably xD)

I've been looking forward to this arc from the very start so I'm pretty excited to see how it'll pan out. Kyouko has just been pure and wonderful so far.

and >.> recycling the designs for those two from amagami ss really confused me for a moment.
Mar 4, 2017 8:01 AM

May 2015
Going the childhood friend way this time. Not a bad start I'd say. Kyouko is such a sweet girl so far.

I honestly didn't expect that cross-dressing though, lol.

Mar 4, 2017 8:44 AM

Jun 2013
That spanking scene was oddly kinky. This might be interesting

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 4, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2010
This arc already doesn't feel as awkward as the past ones, nice for a change.
Mar 4, 2017 12:06 PM

Sep 2013
Good start to childhood-friend arc. The casual chatter bothered Kyouko and spurred her to 'grow-up', triggering some 'feels' in Shouichi.
Mar 4, 2017 12:32 PM
Mar 2016
Female pantyshot - Not shown, Tch.
Male pantyshot - Shown prominently, EEEEEWWWWW

So the EC Club collects used clothing to resell them, I thought them Japs never wore used clothing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

131 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

85 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 14, 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.