Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2016 12:16 PM
May 2014
Ang004_Kaga said:
Koyori got so OP ... She beat the big 4 with same pattern and it's get annoying

If this series keep her like that, idk if i want to watch it anymore

lol, well, that is the expected result when you make someone play someone of a lower tier..

They may be top 4 of the school, but even the best one so far is only at top 8(?) of
a lower tier than Koyori (city vs prefecture).

Prefecture seem to be similar to a state/regency in other countries.
konatachan80Oct 18, 2016 12:33 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 18, 2016 1:49 PM
💉 🩸 🩹 💖 🏥

Feb 2012
Great game. I was waiting for Agari to use forehand since the first serve. Really unfortunate, that she still lost. Kinda hoping Koyori loses to someone eventually, lol. She feels too unrelatable with a perfect win streak. I did, however, like how Koyori analyzes her opponents expression during games.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Oct 18, 2016 3:17 PM

Jun 2013
oh what a surprise she won again using the same technique
Oct 18, 2016 4:53 PM
Mar 2016
konatachan80 said:
Ang004_Kaga said:
Koyori got so OP ... She beat the big 4 with same pattern and it's get annoying

If this series keep her like that, idk if i want to watch it anymore

lol, well, that is the expected result when you make someone play someone of a lower tier..

They may be top 4 of the school, but even the best one so far is only at top 8(?) of

I know it too, just my problem alone with Koyori lol
Her smile pissed me off since episode 1, it's like say "enough with the play, I will win it easy"

Note : I like this series
Oct 18, 2016 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
I knew that Koyori would win!!! Noone can beat her. Love how she simply plays the game because she loves it, damn :3
At least Agari grew.
Hope that girl in the end, is a great player so that Koyori can teach her a lesson too xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 18, 2016 8:07 PM

Jun 2013
>> Captain Club get injury so s/he must retire from club activity for awhile
>> Loop Drive(Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume) = Snake Drive(Prince of Tennis)

So much Prince of tennis vibe in one episode
Damn.... this is how female sport anime should be made

SSSS_ShunariaOct 18, 2016 8:10 PM
Oct 18, 2016 9:37 PM
May 2014
Ang004_Kaga said:
konatachan80 said:

I know it too, just my problem alone with Koyori lol
Her smile pissed me off since episode 1, it's like say "enough with the play, I will win it easy"

Note : I like this series

Well, it wouldn't be wrong.. I guess it is simply a difference in appreciation of the
game..as Akari's backstory sort of hinted to. She apparently were the same as Koyori
in that regard way back when.

I like the series myself..and I'm not too fond of sports anime in general.
konatachan80Oct 19, 2016 10:38 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 19, 2016 9:07 AM

Dec 2011
The episode title sums up my thoughts about the episode nicely.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 19, 2016 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
well surely koyori can beat top 4 so easy because their playstyle is quite dull in comparison with koyori who changes her style frequently based on her opponent's ability.

and i got that feeling! rallying feels so good
ButtSlapperOct 19, 2016 12:39 PM
Oct 20, 2016 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
So glad Koyori won, Agari was pissing me off.

Kiruka next episode!!! <333
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 20, 2016 9:02 PM

Dec 2014
I really want to hold out for this show, but this episode and the pacing so far has been terrible. Will push for episode 4 but will drop it right then and there if it doesn't get any better.
Oct 21, 2016 5:34 AM

Oct 2008
Excellent episode!
I already expected that Koyori would still win against Agari! but it was still a great match! It's still a good thing that Agari prioritizes fun instead of pure winning!
OMG I bet that long black hair girl on the last part is better than Koyori because she's the one who purely destroyed (clean 0-11 score) the Ace of another school that was showed on episode 1! With what smirk she made after apologizing on ep1, she looks like a villain to me!
5/5!
matias067Oct 21, 2016 5:38 AM

Oct 21, 2016 6:01 AM

Nov 2015
That game was so intense with the sweat and all the strong hits.

Oct 21, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2014
Damn. Looked like these girls were about to have orgasms mid-match. haha

Anyway, like a few others have said, I'm not a fan of Koyori joining and making it to the top so quickly. Something about it just irks me and I'm not sure exactly why. Essentially the same thing happened in Bamboo Blade when Tama joined the kendo club but it felt more believable in that story.
Oct 22, 2016 4:24 PM

Mar 2009
TFO1013 said:
Damn. Looked like these girls were about to have orgasms mid-match. haha

Yeah. They're always blushing and stuff. lol
That was some intense Ping Pong action.
Oct 23, 2016 12:32 AM

Nov 2009
The attention whore Agari with her sense of false superiority was annoying as hell this episode. Glad she got taken down a peg.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 23, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
and just like that Agari became alot more likable just from getting beat like i was saying last ep not to mention full Tsundere now making her paring with Koyori that much cuter

love how everyone has their own pair and looks like we finally get to see the black haired girl come next ep wonder how her play style will be like another amazing ep
"one step at a time"
Oct 23, 2016 8:30 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That was amazing. Koyori climbs to the top in such a memorable way. Props to Agari, despite her strong desire to crush Kotori, she managed to find her reason to keep playing. But man those constant pulses were a bit annoying.

Koyori's jumping smash was sick. I'm like are they allowed to jump like that.

Oct 24, 2016 12:01 AM

Dec 2009
This girl is orgasming like every game haha...

I never played a whole lot of pingpong myself, but i've done it before, and yeah rallying definitely feels better. I have played a decent amount of Badminton before, and my favourite thing was doing trick moves, where say i'd hold the racket dagger style and do a reverse smash where the end of the racket was over my elbow, meaning i had to curl right around, definitely loads of fun when you can keep the ball/birdie bouncing as opposed to it being on the floor and having to restart. There's an interesting satisfaction to contacting a moving object with a tool, and i guess that's why baseball also got so popular. My favourite thing is always 1-handing a bat, or even hitting something like a volleyball with a hockeystick, i had unusually excellent accuracy when hitting something with a stick as opposed to throwing it with my hand and could snipe moving targets with a batted ball (dodgeball anyone?). Random sports gush, i'm not much of an athlete and don't fancy mainstream sports.

It sounded like Agari was saying she loved Koyori...

...these top quality subs
GenesisAriaOct 24, 2016 12:26 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 30, 2016 6:51 AM

Dec 2015
So... hum... an exciting match? Yeah, sure, for the girls on the screen. To get again the same events sequence for the third time in 3 episodes is getting annoying (a lot more than a shônen nekketsu repeating itself from part to part).
Not a fan at all of all those pleasure images and outbursts from the beginning, but this episode took the cake! It was becoming more unsettling than anything else (I can watch things worse than that, when there is a place for it). And of course, the girls undeveloped bodies end up covered in fluids, again. I don't like the "cute style" who has been trendy since the 90s end but I actually can't see how this is cute? This looks more trapped in a dubious imagery or gross than anything.

Enjoyment: fluctuates between 1 and 4/5.

It would help the matches to be better if they were sometimes able to hit somewhere else too. (how many times this episode was I expecting to see Akari send the ball in a net corner)

@GenesisAria "I wubwub love it." ? Don't say me that it is a professional translation. It makes no sense at all. o_O
Rei_IIIOct 30, 2016 7:08 AM
Oct 30, 2016 1:27 PM

Dec 2009
Rei366 said:
@GenesisAria "I wubwub love it." ? Don't say me that it is a professional translation. It makes no sense at all. o_O
That was from whatever source horriblesubs used.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 2, 2016 4:05 AM

Jun 2015
Aww, I wanted Agari to win. :(
But it was to be expected.
Nov 14, 2016 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
Playing ping pong is making them wet.. literally lol.
How do they smash with a hand grabbing their chest I wonder. xD
So in addition to her passion and adaptability.. Koyori is also a slow starter and burns up in the late game ehh.
But her stamina though.. I'm curious how. Okay let's move on to the nationals tournament already ?
The captain is coming back ehh.
Nov 23, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Their match was so cool!
Dec 9, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
A very interesting episode. I could feel the intense battle between Agari and Koyori with the match as they poured their heart into it. I really love how they expressed their feelings about how much they love table tennis especially going through Agari's backstory. She really had this love for table tennis and it was her calling that she would be the one to enjoy the thrills and wonders of the sport.

I'm glad that Koyori won but I was also happy that Agari had played her best and overcame her emotional doubt about what she had once lost back in her childhood. You could see the sweat, tears, and heartbeat that Koyori and Agari had felt when they were truly at their peak. I think Agari had finally realized that table tennis meant so much to her that she was busily preparing herself working day and night training every day in those years growing up.

I'm very impressed how this series is keeping up with the amazing matches the girls have and next episode looks very interesting to see this new girl coming up. I like to see what she has in store for them.
Dec 14, 2016 1:40 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I don't like Koyori; she's annoying and as far as I've seen, she's really uninteresting. Agari has at least been relatively interesting to follow. She has her thing to improve on and she's now ready to go for it. They did that relatively well and I thought that development was actually done pretty well enough.
Panties chick is annoying too-- everything about her down to her character design.
Hanabi is also annoying.

The OP is actually kinda cute.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 14, 2016 2:17 AM

Oct 2011
I'm enjoying watch this anime so far... but Koyori still annoys me...

I think they shouldn't make her look so "bad" in the start of the matches... the opponent always open a large advantage, so, she throw her "I'm having so much fun" thing and, "bam!" wins the match o_õ

I get... she is a strong player... but, even considering that she maybe is "analysing" the style of the other player at the start of the match, a "0 - 8" score is a little exageratted ^^'
since she is really good at this, she should be able to score at least 2 or 3 points while analyze the opponent...^^'

I can't help but have the sensation that she is a horrible player that accesses a "invincible mode" by getting happy, XD ...
she sucks in the start... so have a "click" and suddenly go from "0 - 8" to "8 - 8"

I'm hoping that the next matches wouldn't be like that
Ronin-erranteDec 15, 2016 3:12 AM
Dec 14, 2016 7:10 PM
Jul 2016
Hopefully this is the end of the "best player on the team" story arc and we'll actually be able to see them play as a team for once.
Dec 22, 2016 2:06 AM

Sep 2013
Not a bad episode. The series feels a bit lifeless in my opinion. Nothing too exciting to make it really stand out. But, all in all, it is a fairly enjoyable watch.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 27, 2017 2:24 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely episode I must say! Really loved the character development in this one. Let's see what's next.
Apr 19, 2020 2:12 AM

Oct 2007
The Op and ED are a bit different here. Agari really likes to be number one. Well, too bad her strategy still has a weakness that Koyori can exploit. Also the things they are saying at the latter parts of the match feels like it's hentai. :p

Team captain finally show up. Looking forward to the next episode. :)
Jun 21, 2020 2:12 AM

Dec 2018
Glad that is over Agari should be happy she have a girlfriend she is evenly matched with . And Koyori makes her heart flutter Awwwww she is in love,,YEEEES The lesbians are so cute

Dec 15, 2020 6:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice match, they're both really good, and that girl at the end definitely seems interesting
Mar 30, 2021 11:19 AM
Jan 2019
I know I'm 5 years late to this discussion, but I was surprised at how negative the comments were in this thread. Honestly I think this is the top 10 episodes of anime I've ever seen.
Jun 27, 2021 12:26 PM

Feb 2020
That was an intense match. Koyori and Agari had so much fun. :)

All that blushing was so cute again, hehe.

SerafosDec 2, 2023 11:24 PM
May 9, 2023 8:58 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Damn i really dislike koyori expression at all and the story continue to be very lame, no backstory lack of explanation a girl that run very slow suddenly have a great stamina while playing a game, what the ? The story to predictable that koyori will just win till the end, boring
Aug 13, 2023 4:37 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusta el anime.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2016

85 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 30, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2016

65 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2016

117 by Shy »»
Jul 31, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2016

67 by Deazu »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:06 PM

» This show is underrated

Friermiko - Jul 1, 2021

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
Jun 22, 2023 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.