Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 8, 2016 5:59 AM

Feb 2014
Thank goodness I watched the Destructed movie before coming into Lostorage, otherwise I would be a bit lost. ^^;

I'm already really liking the different artstyle compared to the previous Wixoss shows and the animation is smooth and consistent.

However, the show does leave me with plenty of questions though. The main question being

It was also interesting to see the turn-deciding wheel buried in the ground instead of being in the background. The same goes for the old battle station, which is now covered in moss and in a state of disrepair.

Although having male selectors is interesting, what has my interest more is the added time limit with the coins, which whether they like it or not, the selectors HAVE to battle in order to keep their important memories intact. That has definitely more pressure on the likes of Homura and Chinatsu compared to the Selector Infected/Spread protagonists.

If possible, it would be nice if Lostorage had the same amount of episodes as Infected/Spread had as I think that would do well in developing the main characters, introduce the bad guys, multiple plots and twists without feeling rushed.

Overall, I really liked the start of Lostorage and even without Okada, I'm sure the drama and twists will be as thrilling as it was before. =)
Oct 8, 2016 6:17 AM

Jan 2015
High school? Boys? What happened?

Looks like Piruluk is here. Is she gonna play with herself, since new LRIG seems to be created from memories?
Oct 8, 2016 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
I'm more interested than I was with the original series. I wish Aki-lucky would return though ;_;
Oct 8, 2016 6:50 AM

Dec 2012
exLightning said:
I mean story-wise it's fine but it's done nothing at all to explain how the game works or what the cards they're using

If they follow the same style the original series did, the game mechanics are all gonna be pretty vague. All they're gonna explain is what we need to understand the drama.
Oct 8, 2016 6:52 AM

Jul 2015
Good start i guess better paced compare to the original anime because that one was really good expect for its slow pacing.
Also MC kind of reminded me of "Heroine" in Amnesia. anyway cant w8 for the next ep :)
Oct 8, 2016 6:53 AM

Mar 2009
Should be interesting to see how this series fares without Mari Okada's writing. Less drama I guess.
Oct 8, 2016 7:34 AM

Jul 2014
I don't remember the original having such a depressing feel to it at the beginning, but then my memory of is pretty much limited to "cute girls playing cards". Gonna have to watch the Destructed movie before the next episode airs. Also very surprised that there are male selectors now. Not sure how I feel about that. Anyway, this was a pretty good start.
Oct 8, 2016 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
matias067 said:
okay, let's see, wixoss again...alternative setting?
the animation is better and much fine than the original ones, but as for the story, will it be the same with the MC being trapped inside the card?? (as indicated on the ED visuals)
No more usual "BATORU" that I always hear?
4/5.

Inferno_Blaze said:
I never watched a Wixoss series before, but this show seems pretty cool. Will probably continue to watch.

you need to watch S1 & S2!

Yeah, I am planning to watch it. I might try it today
Oct 8, 2016 11:22 AM
Jun 2016
Feeling a bit down as kanon wakeshima are not singing the song of this anime.
Ah well, this is the expected best show that I targeted in this season aside from izetta though so I will watch it until the end =)
Oct 8, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2015
HOLY SHIT.

This episode alone was already better than the original series.
Oct 8, 2016 1:50 PM

Nov 2015
Entertaining episode, main girl is cute.

Oct 8, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2014
a good start really loved the original series so of course picked this up and already can tell the animation is alot better the new rules and all are pretty much the same with some improvements and the new characters seem to be pretty interesting though the only thing i dont really care for is the fact that now guys are also part of the game now

but w/e looking forward to more of this
"one step at a time"
Oct 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Jun 2013
i'm just waiting for it to get darker
Oct 8, 2016 4:27 PM

Jul 2012
Tulicloure said:
exLightning said:
I mean story-wise it's fine but it's done nothing at all to explain how the game works or what the cards they're using

If they follow the same style the original series did, the game mechanics are all gonna be pretty vague. All they're gonna explain is what we need to understand the drama.

Well thats... Interesting. Isn't the point of anime like these to get viewers into their game so it sells better or becomes popular? Otherwise basing your whole story around a card game seems rather weird.

Oh well I'll continue to see how it goes, If I enjoy it I might watch the first two or even look into the game.

Thanks for the info.
exLightningOct 9, 2016 1:21 AM
Oct 8, 2016 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
Welp. Here we go again...
Oct 8, 2016 7:25 PM

Oct 2016
Well, I am new here, this is my 1st post, English isn't my native language, so please go easy on me.

I am currently living in Japan right now (I am not Japanese anyway) and have a long time playing Wixoss from when the game was released. I read some comments in here and want to explain some mechanics which was used in Anime and real game for everyone who loves Wixoss but have troubles about understanding battles in this anime.

Rule and coin:
you can read the basic rule here: http://selector-wixoss.wikia.com/wiki/Gameplay

Coin is a new game mechanic, in real game you can gain coin by card effect or by grow a LRIG.

you can have max 5 Coins and use them for things like power up your's Art or use LRIG ability.

The gameflow in anime:
well, you can read in rule that we have 7 Life Cloths and in anime we can see in the start of the battle, there is 7 black cards which was face down, that is our Life Cloths. the player who lost all life cloth and get hit by one more direct attack will lose the game.

(the face up card is player hand in anime, in real life, of course we pick them up)

now, this is i want to say. creators is very generous, they create something for us to know when LRIG is hurt and there Life Cloths was depleted.

that is: 7 small lights around where LRIG stand, if you look carefully in anime, when LRIG was hit, one in 7 lights will be turned off.

So, when all small lights was turned off and LRIG take 1 more hit, that player lose, very easy to understand, rights?

of course the real battle between Homura and that guy is much longer, but like the previous series, this ep battle is only show some turns for us, we don't have a long serie like Yu-gi-Oh or Vanguard or something like that.

Let's talk about: Ril (Riru)
Ril is a LRIG who have shape of a valiant knight, her Signi type is Image Spirit: Valor (精像:武勇) and have images of heroes and legends, like

Gawain

Son Goku

You can see them in Homura's hand or field in this ep 1.

Now let's go to what I really want to talk about: Ril's Honest.

Many of you may have hard time to understand why the guy who fight with Homura can't make his LRIG do thing like Ril, you see, coin is pay for Arts or Abilities, and Honest is Ril's special ability and only she can use this.

Let's see her lv 4 card:

[Constant]: All of your <Valor> SIGNI with Rise get +3000 power.
[Auto]: When your main phase starts, look at the top card of your deck. If it is a red SIGNI, you may put it onto the field.
[Action] Honest Coin: Your opponent reveals their hand, then they reveal 3 cards in their LRIG Deck. (If there are 2 or less cards, reveal all of them.)

you see, of course in real life we don't have a card to force opponent to tell the truth, but have ability to make them reveal their hand and LRIG deck by cost of one coin (like Homura did in ep 1), this ability help Homura know the right time to deal decisive hit.

Well, I hope this post can help who doesn't understand and make this anime more interesting.
Oct 8, 2016 10:18 PM

Dec 2012
@RavenOmega Nice! That was quite a helpful post.
I remember that there was some talk about these "Life Cloths" in the previous seasons' discussions, but I certainly didn't remember the details.
Oct 8, 2016 11:46 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
So the Selectors are back and with a different system this time around. Blank LRIGs built from selector's memories and then your very own existence is put at stake. In addition to all that, your coins degrade just by sitting around.

Looks like a far more evil curse compared to last time. I'm not sure if all this stuff ties into anything from the last seasons at all but we did see Piruluk in the OP. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Oct 9, 2016 1:02 AM

Dec 2012
Yes another Wixoss anime, I was waiting for it. Great beginning, the rules seem to have changed, but the universe remains the same.
I am looking forward to watch the changes caused by the previous season. I hope they are linked.
Oct 9, 2016 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
Seriously, this is just plain evil. However you dice it you will gain squat from being chosen. I mean the way Riru explained it you will get to keep your memories if you win. However, you already had your memory to begin with nor has our MC agreed on betting it before starting. So, you can only lose really.

Still, interesting first ep, i'm hooked.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Oct 9, 2016 6:24 AM

Jun 2014
Rule changes, Mayu's broken world and a new puppet master..
The vibe is right, but I'm starting to think maybe this series was best left alone after Spread.

For now I'm only interested in what role Kiyoi will play in all this.
Oct 9, 2016 8:24 AM

Feb 2007
Not quite up to the level of the originals, but we'll see where it goes from here.

New game is considerably more evil... Before you could at least stop playing without losing anything; this time you have no choice but to battle.

Interesting to see that all LRIGs start out the same this time, only being given their final form through the Selector's memories.

Battlefield showing the destroyed old field below was quite an interesting detail as well.

Boys playing as Selectors now is also new, but I guess there's no Eternal Girl mechanic as such this time. With the game once again being balanced in a way that will definitely lead to many players losing, I guess the final goal of our protagonist(s) will this time as well be finding the origin of the Selector battles and putting an end to them.
Oct 9, 2016 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
Decent start, like the introduction of the coins, looks a little more thought will be put into the game itself. Homura looked like a seasoned pro on her first game for some reason.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 9, 2016 10:25 AM
May 2014
exLightning said:
Tulicloure said:

Well thats... Interesting. Isn't the point of anime like these to get viewers into their game so it sells better or becomes popular? Otherwise basing your whole story around a card game seems rather weird.

Thankfully not this one.. Apparently they did rather well anyway.

In my opinion those interested in playing should learn it by playing, not by watching
a pure 23-25 minutes weekly advertisement..like some tend to be.
That kind places cards first and foremost, and the story is a distant second (or tenth)..
konatachan80Oct 9, 2016 10:38 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 9, 2016 6:04 PM

Feb 2013
Tensho said:
So the Selectors are back and with a different system this time around. Blank LRIGs built from selector's memories and then your very own existence is put at stake. In addition to all that, your coins degrade just by sitting around.

Looks like a far more evil curse compared to last time. I'm not sure if all this stuff ties into anything from the last seasons at all but we did see Piruluk in the OP. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I don't know last time was pretty evil

This one is starting strong
konatachan80 said:
exLightning said:

In my opinion those interested in playing should learn it by playing, not by watching
That kind places cards first and foremost, and the story is a distant second (or tenth)..

No the game was created after the Anime was created. Not this one but the first one.

Mod Edit: Merged consecutive posts; please use the edit button.
TenshoOct 11, 2016 1:22 AM
Oct 9, 2016 6:12 PM

Jul 2014
luinthoron said:
Not quite up to the level of the originals, but we'll see where it goes from here.

New game is considerably more evil... Before you could at least stop playing without losing anything; this time you have no choice but to battle.

Interesting to see that all LRIGs start out the same this time, only being given their final form through the Selector's memories.

Battlefield showing the destroyed old field below was quite an interesting detail as well.

Boys playing as Selectors now is also new, but I guess there's no Eternal Girl mechanic as such this time. With the game once again being balanced in a way that will definitely lead to many players losing, I guess the final goal of our protagonist(s) will this time as well be finding the origin of the Selector battles and putting an end to them.

Oh god, I hate to think this but what if it turns out that Piruluk is the cause of it all?
Oct 9, 2016 6:12 PM
May 2014
PoisonedTea said:
konatachan80 said:

No the game was created after the Anime was created. Not this one but the first one.

It was released within the same month as the first episode (April 3 vs April 26 2014).

As I said, thankfully the Wixoss franchise haven't done the same as the other ones.
konatachan80Oct 9, 2016 6:27 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 10, 2016 4:24 AM

May 2012
Good episode. Also, I like the new rules more. Now we have males selectors and also like the coin thing
Oct 10, 2016 9:29 AM

Apr 2015
If the staff was static I wouldn't have considered viewing since I hated Spread but a lot of them are different so decided to watch. I dislike fiddling with memory which is a worry, looks like this will have loads of it...

A LOT less playful and much more direct this time round, dunno if it's a good thing. Screenwriting a bit better I think, art is a little shaky

I am literally dreading the scene where the two friends meet and one doesn't remember the other which looks like is nailed on to happen, horrific
Oct 10, 2016 11:03 AM

Sep 2015
I totally forgot I was watching Selector and when the LRIG appeared I was like "noooooo!!! bad things are going to happen!"
Oct 11, 2016 1:34 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
PoisonedTea said:
Tensho said:

I don't know last time was pretty evil
yeah I guess it's more the first one was deceptive about it all and this one is pretty much playing it straight.
Oct 11, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
You know what, I want into this with absolutely no knowledge as to what was gonna happen or what this was about. When I see that static, I think of FNAF, an it makes me really freaking uneasy, and then she got sucked into an alternate reality with cards and I had absolutely no idea what was going on. And ummm... things got really dark... Guess I have something new to watch though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 11, 2016 12:50 PM

Apr 2011
I wonder what the hell happened in that guy's memories to get a shy timid seemingly "clumsy" LRIG like that alongside with the fact that he is very cynical
Oct 11, 2016 3:58 PM

Feb 2007
Komomo said:
I wonder what the hell happened in that guy's memories to get a shy timid seemingly "clumsy" LRIG like that alongside with the fact that he is very cynical

Ah, didn't even think of that... Definitely a good question, since the LRIGs this time are based on the player's memories. Still can't say I like the guy, though.
Oct 11, 2016 10:16 PM

Dec 2009
And the corruption begins once again... Muahahaha
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 13, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2008
That asshole bully!! Glad he lost!!
Oct 14, 2016 7:50 PM

May 2014
That was good. I guess this is on par with the previous Selector series, with new and interesting concepts added. I'm gonna expect more despair on this. 5/5
Oct 15, 2016 1:57 AM

Aug 2014
hmmmmm this seems like a fairy version of YuGiOh with no decent plot and a female mc. Correct me if i'm worng
Oct 15, 2016 2:38 PM

Aug 2012
-The character designs seemed a ton more interesting than the first story
-Well, I didn't exactly like Ruuko's aversion to batorus in the first series, either
-The delivery behind that "good morning" was actually pretty heartbreaking, and Suzuko's family dynamic is already drastically differnet from Ruuko's family dynamic.
-Something tells me Mr. Beginner isn't actually a beginner

I like Suzuko slightly more than Ruuko, and I like Liru (Lil?) a ton more than Tama. Also there seems to be no Hitoe equivalent in this show, which is fantastic since a bunch of my complaints about Selector WIXOSS revolved around her. A bunch of worldbuilding and introductory stuff happened in this episode, though, so I don't really have an opinion of where the plot is going to end up. Nothing stood out too much other than that one scene where Suzuko said "good morning" to an empty house. The OP was pretty decent.

Ulquiorra said:
I hope that her childhood friend won't become her enemy.

Speaking of which, I kinda want to see Suzuko and Chinatsu become mortal enemies whenever they're reunited
Oct 18, 2016 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
Great start! And we know that a lot of despair is going to happen coz the friends will have to fight against each other...
Oct 19, 2016 10:24 AM

Nov 2014
This season, they include male characters in selector battle.... what will happened if those guys will become a champ?? can we consider them as Mugen Shoujou??

I wonder who is that LRIG of beginning????

Oct 21, 2016 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
Huh, I REALLY liked the atmosphere created in this episode. It's very clear that Suzuko feels totally alone ... well, looks like a couple of things have changed though - the coins for example, and guys can be Selectors now too?! O_O That's ... different lol. Plus it looks like instead of trying to get your wish you just have to fight to not be erased from existence ... l0lx. Dang, and well, I guess obviously she had to win her first battle but I can imagine others just being eliminated right away D: Interestingly enough each avatar seems to start "blank" then be adjusted based on each Selector's memories. I wonder what happens when you lose all your coins then? I mean obviously it won't be like the previous season ... well either way, I expect more characters to be introduced and Suzuko will eventually have to fight her childhood friend I'm assuming. The blue-haired LRIG seems familiar though, is that the only reoccuring character? Plus no Kanon for the ED (er, OP I'm guessing) this time?! A little disappointed XD well this one's okay though but I don't really love it :P
Oct 22, 2016 1:37 AM

Mar 2014
A male selector?!! What is this blasphemy?
The BATORU is back and I can already sense the upcoming suffering.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 25, 2016 5:08 AM

Jun 2013
I just found out there's a previous series entitled Selector Infected WIXOSS so I might watch that too.

So far so good. It's a decent series and the "selector" concept is pretty cool.

Dude tricked her. Stereotypical asshole who talks too much. She kicked his ass though. lol

I'm new to this series since I obviously haven't seen the previous one but it kinda reminds me of Angelic Layer but with cards.
臭い-
Oct 27, 2016 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
Lets just hope that it wont end up like Spread.
Oct 29, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2015
they improve the battle scene...
battlefield is changed too, look more awesome...
also, guys can be selector too...
I really like Riru design...
Oct 29, 2016 10:36 AM
Aug 2015
silverwalls said:
interesting first episode, i like this new concept for WIXOSS battles. and i like that guys can be selectors this time too.

also is that piruluk in the OP?

wixoss only fo girl. putting man in it is ridiculous idea. 1/10
Oct 29, 2016 9:50 PM

May 2010
Is this YuGiOh? She activated Honest during M1.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 1, 2016 9:23 PM

Dec 2012
Two little girls naming each other. Sounds familiar. ;)

Another Homura moving back home.

Asshole students making fun of Suzu.

DAT ASS!

Okay. Guys playing WIXOSS I can understand, but now they are Selectors? WTF!

That dude and his LRIG remind me of Rance and Sill. lol

Speaking of his LRIG, she is fine. Treat her right.

Of course she played Honest.

Oh snap. The old Selector arena thing was there.

Good song. KOTOKO wrote the lyrics for the song so of course its good.

Damn. Using Grow on the LRIG's is definitely showing on their bodies this time. They all looking fine.

Was that Piruluk in the opening? Now I have to watch.

Okay episode. Plenty of BATORU this episode, but there's only one person who can say it so good.

@Confucius I said the same thing. lol
RobNov 20, 2016 9:32 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 14, 2016 9:33 PM

Jan 2011
So guys can actually be selectors this time. I wonder what Piruluk's role in this will be.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

94 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 11:28 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

40 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:53 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:24 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

30 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.