Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2016 5:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm, looks like another calm episode of building up.

Although by the look of it, Muetta is getting more used to her new lifestyle and even has a school uniform now. Lol, I can't take Ouma seriously with that baseball outfit though. Anyway, I expect pacing to pick up a bit more with just 3 more episodes to go.
Sep 8, 2016 5:38 AM
Dec 2011
Was not expecting this episode is like that, but what Kennosuke said make me understand why and end up like it, so in the end it's unexpected episode in a good way for me.

Next episode called "血戦の黒部ダム", i guess final battle starts.
Sep 8, 2016 6:17 AM

Apr 2010
A fun episode before the action starts i guess.
And things where not a mess.
It's also nice to see Mueta adapting to her new surroundings, she has some things to get used to.
The others where very open towards her.
Sep 8, 2016 12:51 PM

May 2015
Hmm. So pretty much a calm episode before the final battle, to keep the spirit up, and Muetta adapting to her new environment. I think they did a great job here. I really had to laugh at how Ouma equipped that bat like a sword, LOL!
ReverberateSep 8, 2016 1:23 PM

Sep 8, 2016 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
It was such a calm episode. Muetta is adapting to her new lifestyle and environment!
Sep 9, 2016 6:52 PM

May 2013
weird episode. don't expected their throw sol in the end of season like this.
Sep 9, 2016 7:56 PM

Dec 2014
megmica said:

In my opinion it's nice they're having one last reunion of the cast before the final battle with the Efidolg leaders (I don't think its their leader specifically but I'm not sure on that front).
Sep 9, 2016 10:28 PM

Jan 2013
That had to be the worst episode of the series.
Sep 10, 2016 12:06 AM
Dec 2011
Vooo said:

It's best non action episode of the series.
Sep 10, 2016 12:16 AM

Oct 2008
This ep was a necessary breather imo. It would be too sudden for Muetta to just agree to fight alongside them.

Also I think i got a bit confused; so were demons the Washiba clan's enemy after all since it wasn't the Efidolgs?

I'm still waiting to find out why Ken was thought to have betrayed Efidolg, and why he was put in the Glongur's "horse" for him to survive hundreds of years...
Sep 10, 2016 12:29 AM
Dec 2011
komasan said:

I'm still waiting to find out why Ken was thought to have betrayed Efidolg, and why he was put in the Glongur's "horse" for him to survive hundreds of years...

If you mean Hido's word from episode 6, i think it's just because Ken using their robot to fight against them, not because he saw Ken's face.

Personally i think Ken is just a samurai, nothing more.
Sep 10, 2016 1:39 AM

Jan 2015
At first I thought it was a flashback of Yukina's father that met with Yukina's friend-like. LOL
And now Muetta's joining the class too, which oficially become the "second" Yukina. Know the deliciousness of Omelette Rice and taking a part of a film.
Aah, what a soothing episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 10, 2016 2:14 AM

Aug 2013
oh shit..
I can smell the death flag on Muetta now..

good calm episode
Sep 10, 2016 5:08 AM

Feb 2014
A nice calm episode for the group to relieve their stress and have fun before the inevitable struggle against the Efidolg continues.

It's nice to see Muetta settling in with the group now. At least she can be honest with everyone, smile and have fun too. I couldn't help but laugh when she first held the spoon the wrong way around though. ^_^

Same goes for Ouma and his baseball get-up. He's even wielding the bat the same way as his sword! XD

Either way, the portal hinge stone is now on it's into space, so there's little time left before the potential arrival of the Efidolg main fleet. Looking forward to next week! =)
Sep 10, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
For a "before the final battle, where we may all perish" episode, this was pretty alright. Kenousuke did a good job in the little moments that he had with Muetta in bringing that message out, even though everyone else was just intent on doing stupid stuff for Carlos' movie production.

Once again I ask that camera boy be killed off in the coming episodes please! I seriously cannot stand that dude. If Muetta was any other person, his damn camera would be on the ground in three or more pieces already.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 10, 2016 1:53 PM

Feb 2015
that episode was rather off pace and felt like the shoehorned it in there just to give a breather before the final battle. The end of the world is happening but no biggie, lets just go to school as normal.

The romance aspect of this anime has also got rather muddled, its not clear who will end out with who. Some may see that as a good thing though.
Sep 10, 2016 3:34 PM
Mar 2016
^^^yeah i agree with thw romance part. kennosuke x yukina? kennosuke x yukihime? the dude who has a crush on yukina x yukihime? but this was a nice breather nonetheless
Sep 10, 2016 6:47 PM
Aug 2014
I ship Muetta x Akagi now. But the writers hate that dude, I don't think it's happening.
Sep 10, 2016 7:35 PM

Dec 2014
a filler… I kinda liked this light heated episode….

@dm106
Muetta X Akagi..... I ship them too... I think they may get together
Sep 10, 2016 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
A nice calm episode with some nice development for Muetta before all the shit goes down in the last 3 episodes.
Sep 11, 2016 3:02 AM

Aug 2013
megmica said:

This is exactly why I really like this show.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 11, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2009
damn i wish Muetta will survive in the end too because this episode seems like a major death flag for her
Sep 12, 2016 8:33 AM
Jul 2015
a waste of episode, especially final half

carlos, akagi & camera dude kept being the bad aspect of this series, their playing around behavior is irrelevant to all relevant character & kept wasting everybody's time

kinda wonder why the demon dude never get around & join up to UN kurobe to tell the truth, especially during half parts of this series where invasion plot is even more clear
Sep 12, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2015
tehhead said:

carlos, akagi & camera dude kept being the bad aspect of this series, their playing around behavior is irrelevant to all relevant character & kept wasting everybody's time

kinda wonder why the demon dude never get around & join up to UN kurobe to tell the truth, especially during half parts of this series where invasion plot is even more clear
Second that.

Eureka Seven had an episode like this when crew played football (soccer if you will) before going to their last battle and it was way better. Reason being lackluster secondary cast, defined only by their gimmick at best.

I would argue that show would improve if whole high-school part of the show was just cut out.
Sep 12, 2016 8:40 PM
Dec 2011
^^Good news is most people disagree and think it's good.
Sep 13, 2016 12:50 AM

Apr 2011
Yukina's mom should adopt Muetta into the family since Yukina and her look like twins.
Sep 13, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2014
Muetta best gurl "I want to be come a small white animal" too cute~ CUTE.

very nice and relaxing episode.
Sep 13, 2016 1:23 PM

Nov 2015
And a wild SoL episode appears. Right after and before crucial battles for the survival of humanity. Ok, I guess. Lot's of cliches, including the new transfer student! (again!)

Anyway, isn't it obvious that Muetta >>> Yukina?
She's an improved version, a better version, all characters know that!

Gezzas said:
tehhead said:

Second that.

Eureka Seven had an episode like this when crew played football (soccer if you will) before going to their last battle and it was way better. Reason being lackluster secondary cast, defined only by their gimmick at best.

I would argue that show would improve if whole high-school part of the show was just cut out.

OMG it's so good to see people thinking the same thing! T_T
I love you, random strangers!
Sep 14, 2016 1:10 AM

Sep 2016
HDarkmantis said:

I agree with you. Muetta is infinitely better than Yukina, besides being a mech pilot, a action character and a skilled swordswoman, focused on action, mech action, sword fights and mech battles

I would argue that this series would have been much better if Muetta had been the main heroine/deuteragonist of this series in the place of Yukina. Since Ken is a good main protagonist (MC), nothing could be more fitting than Muetta by occupying the position of main heroine/deuteragonist of this series in the place of Yukina.
SetsunaChunSep 15, 2016 2:04 PM
Sep 15, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2016
HDarkmantis said:

OMG it's so good to see people thinking the same thing! T_T
[/quote]

This show really remind me first Full Metal Panic! and for several reasons. It has same ups and down. Like it can decide if it want to be action mecha or high-school comedy so they keep them both but to balance them they just jump from one to other so it kinda looks like two anime mix together.

And they mix it originaly better in first half of anime, it feels to me natural when it was comedy and when it was kinda tense action I thought its like it, they did it right, but second half start to be more filling.

On the other hand I like this anime much and even this episode feel kinda cute, I would like to see more Muetta becoming member of party and some shiping between her and Ken, so I wouldn't mind if it would have 30 episodes so they could do it, now its maybe 1 episode more and then final battle but it seems to be 2 episode battle and then what will happen after. I will missed it this doesn't seems to be anime with 2nd season.

SetsunaChun said:

I agree with you. Muetta is infinitely better than Yukina, besides being a mech pilot, a action character and a skilled swordswoman, focused on action, mech action, sword fights and mech battles

I would argue that this series would have been much better if Muetta had been the main heroine/deuteragonist of this series in the place of Yukina.

Agree with you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2016 4:21 PM

Nov 2015

Muetta:
More interesting story: Check
Longer hair: Check
Sexier voice: Check
Wants to be a little white animal: Check
Sep 19, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
I ship them already the moment Muetta thanked Akagi for saving her

Sep 20, 2016 5:16 AM

Dec 2012
A calm episode with the integration of Muetta in the group. Nice episode
Sep 23, 2016 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
The short story about the two frogs and the milk was nice.
Oct 1, 2016 2:59 PM

Feb 2013
Nurse Sophie...

WTF was with this episode. Yes, let's go to school while under attack by aliens. ... whatever. Muetta will join them now.
Oct 6, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
Surreal is the right word for this episode. The narrative is interlocutory, but the choice is valid, the collective gains, and a sort of realism to the story, after all are satisfied. Funny certain scenes, the best is the one with Liu that kicks Tom.

Shokugeki said:
I ship them already the moment Muetta thanked Akagi for saving her

I agree!
Oct 25, 2016 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
gosh this episode is really heartwarming... even Muetta and that Mr. T joined them all lol

Jan 10, 2017 5:09 AM

Mar 2015
Aww Muetta is warning up to everyone
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 30, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
A little homage to Bruce Lee with that jumpsuit.

The slice of life at such a moment felt weird but at least it was focused on Muetta that is a lot more interesting as a character than those 3 guy idiots or the main girl for that matter.
Apr 23, 2017 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
"Oh, aliens are planning to transport thousands of ships to Earth, guess it's the end of the world but whatever we'll just go to school lol"

Fuck, that was just so ridiculous. I tried to warm up to the supporting cast and I liked some if them during the first cour, but holy shit, they're just walking cliches written for the main reason of dragging the main story out. Some of them have had minimal development, but most of them are as flat as a pancake.

Gezzas said:
tehhead said:

Second that.

I definitely agree with your last remark. The show would be way better without the high school cast and scenes dragging it along.
May 7, 2017 5:18 PM
Jun 2013
its a world crisis why is there freaking school? not a bad relax episode dealing with what ken and muetta should do with their life.
Jul 28, 2017 5:05 PM
Aug 2014
So Muetta is now in school too. Come on. Why are they even still going to school in the first place. And why aren't the aliens going after them now they have landed on earth. Last episode they had so many troops.

Such a stupid episode.
Apr 11, 2018 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
lol at that beginning.
Muetta oppai.
Damn Yukina interrupting.
Tom and his anal.
Muetta in school uniform.
lol They gonna learn during an alien invasion.
Kennosuke going to career counseling?
lol at Marina.
A small white animal?
lol at Mr.T.
Shenmi is Bruce Ryu.
lol at Kennosuke and Muetta not knowing what butter is.
Muetta is getting a facial.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 3, 2019 7:29 AM

Jul 2013
I thought I wouldn't like this episode. I thought the movie making part was corny and lame. I was so wrong.
Mar 3, 2020 11:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Akagi, Carlos and the camera guy get waaay to much screen time. We don't care about them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 7, 2021 2:28 AM

Jul 2016
Vooo said:

Yep. All momentum now lost.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

107 by JVskunkape »»
May 25, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

142 by JVskunkape »»
May 23, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.