Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 5, 2013 10:01 PM

Mar 2012
mbdsquad said:

consistency, development and fluency

Which, if you pay attention, Samurai Flamenco has.

Took 6 episodes making realistic points and limitations of a modern hero, then suddenly the anime tore its own flesh by creating a monkey with a guillotine on its stomach kill police officers in raid. It's suicidal on the simplest term.

It was never, ever, ever making realistic points and limitations of a modern hero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones

This guy is a modern hero, and the struggles and limitations he goes through are absolutely nothing like Samurai Flamenco except for MAYBE on the surface.

And please stick to animes.

The medium has little effect on the story in general. Storytelling conventions are such that they transcend medium. What works in film will, almost universally, work in anime.

they make sense ALL THROUGH OUT the series. Samurai Flamenco didn't.

A story about a super-hero involves a super-villain and evil minions and suddenly it doesn't make sense?

Why don't people just accept that they had tagged the series wrong, instead of accusing the series of being wrongly portrayed when it never really gave any indication that it was anything but what it was?
Let's go bowling.
Dec 5, 2013 10:41 PM
Oct 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:
mbdsquad said:

consistency, development and fluency

Which, if you pay attention, Samurai Flamenco has.

Which ended during and after episode 7.

It was never, ever, ever making realistic points and limitations of a modern hero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones

This guy is a modern hero, and the struggles and limitations he goes through are absolutely nothing like Samurai Flamenco except for MAYBE on the surface.

Never ever? Then what were all those monologues and conversations with Goto on earlier episodes?

The medium has little effect on the story in general. Storytelling conventions are such that they transcend medium. What works in film will, almost universally, work in anime.

You know that much and about storytelling but still telling those episodes didn't suck? And what about the other things I've said? Selective comprehension? If you're going to address, please include the whole syllogism. Stop throwing random, counter arguments just to satisfy whatever phrase or sentence you are disagreeing with.

A story about a super-hero involves a super-villain and evil minions and suddenly it doesn't make sense?

Again you've ignored the main point of my arguments and previous posts. Sigh. I'm pointing my fingers on what happened exclusively for episodes 7 and 8 which undeniably SUCK in terms of STORYTELLING.

Hey, can I you please honestly answer this question: In terms of consistency, development and fluency (i.e. storytelling), do episode 7 and episode 8 manage to successfully succeed to its predecessing episodes, enough to give it a score of 5 and on the offset wouldn't affect the rest of the episodes?

Why don't people just accept that they had tagged the series wrong, instead of accusing the series of being wrongly portrayed when it never really gave any indication that it was anything but what it was?

Again and again. Irrelevant. Pointless. Could you please search among the posters of this thread with whomever have a violent reaction about the tag/genre (i.e. Action)? That's not even what we've talking all along or are you saying you don't even have an total idea or picture of what we've been talking about this whole time.

To finish it off, as I said, the main point here is that episode 7 and 8 don't make sense at all. Rather than making it more interesting due to its potential and build-ups from 7 to 8, it made people lose interest in watching it by the way they projected the shift or transition.

Sure it's only 7 and 8 of 22. Maybe things would be better in the future. Either or neither way, it's one of the worst scene or episodes I've seen in anime this 2013.
ExplodingGirlDec 5, 2013 10:50 PM
Dec 6, 2013 8:14 AM

Mar 2012
mbdsquad said:

Never ever? Then what were all those monologues and conversations with Goto on earlier episodes?

Dealt with none of the issues a guy like Pheonix Jones goes through.

You know that much and about storytelling but still telling those episodes didn't suck? And what about the other things I've said? Selective comprehension? If you're going to address, please include the whole syllogism. Stop throwing random, counter arguments just to satisfy whatever phrase or sentence you are disagreeing with.

The episodes didn't suck. There is absolutely no reason to think they did, and there is absolutely no reason to say that the series suddenly changed in any significant way when it introduced King Torture. Samurai Flamenco still acted the same, the humor was still the same, Goto acted the same, and the pacing was... pretty much the same. It changed in the most superficial way possible, the appearance of the criminals. Besides that, it didn't have any significant thematic changes. You're point is, in my professional opinion, invalid.

Again you've ignored the main point of my arguments and previous posts. Sigh. I'm pointing my fingers on what happened exclusively for episodes 7 and 8 which undeniably SUCK in terms of STORYTELLING.

What happened in episodes 7 and 8 was the logical end result of what happened in episode 1-6. Following the logical end-result of the first act of your story isn't bad story-telling, it's great story-telling.

In terms of consistency, development and fluency (i.e. storytelling), do episode 7 and episode 8 manage to successfully succeed to its predecessing episodes, enough to give it a score of 5 and on the offset wouldn't affect the rest of the episodes?

You worded this question very strangely and it makes it hard to understand. I'll say this: in terms of story-telling, the ep. 7-8 were as good, or better, than the other episodes. Episode 7 was probably the best episode yet, and episode 8 is REALLY good when you take episode 9 into account.
Let's go bowling.
Dec 6, 2013 5:06 PM

May 2011
soulelle said:
Keep thinking why everything happened the way it happened.

A couple of meta-reasons:
1. The director didn't want to start with super sentai from ep.1 in order to gather the right audience. For some reason, it was important for him, that people watching the series were interested in character and relationship development, slice-of-life-like, comedic shows. Why? Part of this is, I think, answered by meta-reason #2.

2. The director needed to construct a world first that would strongly contrast the world of a standard super sentai show. This way he can deconstruct the genre, i.e. display the classic elements common for a superhero series to make them plain obvious for everybody, to make them stand out and play with them. That's how deconstruction works.

It's true that the means the director uses to achieve the goals might be considered questionable since still a number of people is likely to drop the show now, especially those who have been there solely for the comedy and haven't foreseen any drama at all. On the other hand, one could consider it another filter to target the right audience, i.e. those who are actually capable and are willing to listen to the message of the director.
Remember, this is a noitaminA show. And noitaminA shows in the last couple of years often reflect upon the current state of Japanese society, its actual problems, and raise questions about the need for heroes, the role of the government, the interaction between the people and the government, and so on. The Eden of the East and Gatchaman Crowds are very good examples to name a few.

That's why episode 8 felt like a good parody. Its purpose was to continue the super sentai deconstruction started at the end of the ep.7 on one hand and subtly continue the main story development on another. And this is where it gets really interesting. I bet you all noticed the prime minister reactions, didn't you? No self opinion judgement at all - just listening to what others are saying and keep with the flow. A little stressed on the first meeting... to... ahem... total ignorance and lol blushing two months later. Made me really curious what exactly he was dreaming about at that moment.

Regardless, what's truly important is the fact that the government's got relaxed. It's got bogged down in routine of meetings, got blind, no longer being able to think and perform the root cause analysis. It no longer really thinks about the future and the potential problems - it ignores them. People are not hurt now, so yeah, why care? Fukushima sure comes to mind here...
And exactly the same happened to our "superhero". Blinded by his own success, he no longer cares about the reason why the evil exists. Just like the government, Masayoshi merely fights what's on his plate here and now, instead of trying to prevent the root of all evil, King Torture, who, in fact, self-proclaimed so himself! And of course in reality Masayoshi doesn't even want to fight King Torture anymore - all he wants is to fight his monsters! They make him the hero. To be the superhero, he needs the evil to exist!
And that's exactly what King Torture as awaiting. Samumenco will get terribly crushed in the coming episodes. First, his team will likely start to break because Mari's losing interest. And at this very moment of justice team's total ignorance and weakness, the evil will strike back and progress to the next level with something neither the government nor Samumenco foresee - a hopefully strong opposing team. I'm very curious which key point will Jouji play in all this. We'll see.

It's nice that the author thought of this well.
What really pissed me off with this show is when there was no proper explanation or route from the previous episodes about breaking the limits and going into the guillotine ape guy.
The jump was just too sudden like it's not the same anime anymore.

Even in Batman, Joker, Two Face and the other villains had proper backstories that would justify their existence into the story.

A guy transforming into an ape all of a sudden sounds bullshit from the previous episodes where everything seems to be limited a human's physical limitations.

His exquipment, including the measuring tape, was made by someone and it wasn't just any measuring tape he could buy from the store thus I can imagine it may be strengthened.

Breaking the rules of your own universe in your story without something that could justify it being doable isn't really something I like when reading in a story.

Eden of the East for example, I just recently finished it and let's go to the scene where #11 sprout wings and flew off, it was shown that she requested for illusions, thus Juiz is not some magical being that could grant any wishes.

While we're at it, it's the same idea about Ato Saizou sticking with the rules he set up himself.

I just felt betrayed when I expected this to be something like Kick Ass movie from the description and when I started watching.
Dec 6, 2013 6:58 PM
Oct 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:
mbdsquad said:

Dealt with none of the issues a guy like Pheonix Jones goes through.

The episodes didn't suck. There is absolutely no reason to think they did, and there is absolutely no reason to say that the series suddenly changed in any significant way when it introduced King Torture. Samurai Flamenco still acted the same, the humor was still the same, Goto acted the same, and the pacing was... pretty much the same. It changed in the most superficial way possible, the appearance of the criminals. Besides that, it didn't have any significant thematic changes. You're point is, in my professional opinion, invalid.

What happened in episodes 7 and 8 was the logical end result of what happened in episode 1-6. Following the logical end-result of the first act of your story isn't bad story-telling, it's great story-telling.

In terms of consistency, development and fluency (i.e. storytelling), do episode 7 and episode 8 manage to successfully succeed to its predecessing episodes, enough to give it a score of 5 and on the offset wouldn't affect the rest of the episodes?

You worded this question very strangely and it makes it hard to understand. I'll say this: in terms of story-telling, the ep. 7-8 were as good, or better, than the other episodes. Episode 7 was probably the best episode yet, and episode 8 is REALLY good when you take episode 9 into account.

Fine. Let's end this. Sigh. Seeing how you *professionally* replied I can finally conclude that debating to you is poignantly pointless. Just wanna let you know that, base from my anime list, I'm a high rater for almost all anime. I see good things in anime instead of its bad sides. But Samurai Flamenco sucks hard between the end of episode 7 and beginning of 8 so much I rated them 3 and 1 respectively. Though I'm seeing some light after watching 9, quite good to be honest. Again, don't misunderstand that I'm arguing that the whole anime is bad.
Dec 7, 2013 2:57 PM

Jun 2008
StopDropAndBowl said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Just because you can't think of anything better doesn't mean they had to "go Batman." They just needed to continue exploring how the life of someone in his position would work. What exactly would they do? Not sure myself, but that's no excuse for this bullshit.

How would they continue exploring something that was already completely explored? It's not a matter of me just not being creative enough to think of a solution, it's a matter of there actually not being a real solution. Thematically, they had reached the end of any real dramatic value from further exploring the hero-of-the-real-world trope. Hazama had already accomplished everything he could accomplish, and had done it so completely that he had essentially become nothing more than a mascot. There was nowhere left to go.

This "bullshit" is the only reasonable place they could have gone. Until someone gives a legitimate alternative, then this point stands unchallenged.

This whole idea of "if you don't have a solution, there's no problem" is a logical fallacy. You might as well tell me that if I can't do better, I have no right to criticize, which is a load of crap. A good, creative mind would come up with something reasonable.

(The most recent episode does give greater hope for the series, but for now, it's kind of still just doing the standard stuff while making in-jokes about the idea)
Dec 10, 2013 8:22 AM

Sep 2012
So the monsters/evils are real? Finally, Samurai Flamenco have someone to battle with, and he is having fun with it.

Flamenco's new gear is awesome and that shield too.

Mari has losing interest with fighting the monsters, why's that? is it because of Samumenco?

Hazama's manager looks like she's having a doubt about Hazama being Samumenco.

btw, Mineral Miracle Muse looks cute on that poster.

Also, when will they reveal the girlfriend of Goto-san? I'm really curious.
Dec 12, 2013 5:10 AM

May 2012
0217 someone plz tell me they are filming tokusatsu

0310 dat nagareboshi

0625 dont hurt Sumichan, kay?

1300 dat uma wordplay

TOOCHAA
Crappy drawings in this ep. 5/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Dec 14, 2013 2:06 PM

Jan 2010
Well that was fucking weird!

Enjoyed the show until it decided to change it's demographic to 5 year old's. I was preparing myself to drop this show if it continued in the way ep.07 ended. This episode was just dumb. I'm still kind of hoping for this show not to be a complete write-off though so I'll give ep.09 a chance...
Dec 20, 2013 1:30 AM
Feb 2013
all the monsters are amateur
Dec 20, 2013 8:48 PM

Nov 2012
What the eff is going on in this show? i feel like it could go anywhere now after all these unexpected turns. I was glad Hanzama acknowledged the fact that the monsters were killing themselves. I was weirded out nobody was phased by the suicide bombing thing. Still really weird that he no one else acknowledges it. Also really weird nobody is more freaked out about these fucking monsters appearing. Also I was really shocked with guillotine gorilla who fucking brutally decapitated those cops before throwing them out the window and was nearly unbeatable. It went from that shocking intenseness to this just straight up silly sentai shit. I still like the show I think, but nothing is making any sense.

Also dont know whats up with Hanzama or whats going to happen with him.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Dec 21, 2013 2:31 PM
Sep 2013
I'm wondering if his grand father is behind all this. He seems to have brought up his grandson to realize his heros fantasies.

Seems like the show is still pretty much the same even with the new monsters. They managed to be so mundane about everything that is happening ahah. People just consider the monsters normal stuff that isnt worth bothering about now.
Di-DorvalDec 21, 2013 2:35 PM
Dec 31, 2013 2:08 PM

Jul 2011
wow everyone is so positive. Although most of you are dropping it, I'm actually going to continue watching it since I don't hate it. A huge surprise right ? : O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2014 10:08 PM

May 2011
The people here commenting what's going, what a dissapointment reminds me of the people who started to watch Durarara and thought the same. I am not dissapointed because it's from the same director of Durarara and Baccano so until something really bad directed happens or some Deux ex machina happens I still will watch it.
Jan 5, 2014 3:05 AM
Mar 2010
floatings said:
SamFlam goes from smartly written story of a vigilante hero to a bad parody of sentai. It's kinda sad.

agreed this story started out so great in a funny kind of way because the hero had no powers just a costume and a friend, it was something that could easily be real and now they completely fucked up the story by switching everything up and now he's fighting monsters WTF!? horrible miscalculation by the writers, I ain't watching this anymore it would only piss me off more
Feb 1, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
All these monsters.. oh well. I loved the music when Flamenco showed up in the bus, I want the OST even more now.
Feb 8, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2009
Why is it that I feel Goto will propose to his gf but she son't accept.... I've been thinking that ever since I found out about her and then I noticed the roses in the intro of each episode?!! O_O Anyone having the same thought? :O

The beginning of the episode was nice with all of them working together!! ^^

It's funny how the Flamenco Girls didn't get any attention from the King!!! XDDD Priceless moment!! ^^

The monsters just look so weird and I can't help laughing at them!! Too bad...

Wow, all that the Prime Minister ever did was *nod-nod* *nod-nod*
Feb 12, 2014 2:25 AM

Nov 2012
All this monster business made it sort of boring...this is not what I was expecting really but I'll try to give it a chance..just hope it doesn't get even more ridiculous :/
Feb 14, 2014 11:43 AM

Jan 2012
even though i knew it wasn't a dream i am really disappointed that they did this..... the first 6 episodes had a really cool vibe and slice of life feel but the whole human superhero with no powers trying to stop everyday crime was a nice little idea....

now we have this pile of clusterfuck!
Feb 25, 2014 4:52 PM

Mar 2013
What happens to all the little soldiers of King Torture? Well, the big guys blow themselves up, but the guys with the wetsuit disappear!?
Feb 27, 2014 1:32 AM

Jun 2008
Lol the henchmen wearing S&M costumes.

MahadoKusanagi said:
grymdylan said:
I don't know why everyone's so disgusted by the change in this show. We're still not even half way through the show, so who knows what's going to happen from here - and what I predict is a balance between the crazy, surreal stuff in the last few episodes and the much more down-to-earth stuff from the beginning. But who knows? It's still great, and while not quite as great as the start, I still like it a lot. Very interested to see where it goes in the coming 14 episodes.

I think its just the fact that SF just turned 180 out of nowhere, that disturbs a lot of people. Maybe, if SF were like this from the beginning, then a lot of people wouldn't complain about it, since it would be clear what SF actually is/wants to be: Kamen Rider.

I don't think this show wants to be Kamen Rider.
It might have thrown out of the window the more down to earth approach for silly monsters but at the same time it seems it's trying to bring something else with our hero seeming to lose his justice ideals for feeling great about slaughtering monsters and the idol girl just getting annoyed and bored.
It seems that in the end the only hero may be Gotou or we may get a "there are no heroes" thing.

The monsters don't seem to be the real goal here. It seems they are just used as an excuse for some character changes in our main cast.

vilmarbf said:
The ridiculous defeats of the torture monsters made it clear it's gonna get pretty serious later on. Who you think king torture is? I think it's that guy who flirts with hazama's boss everytime

Gotou's girlfriend. Those messages have a dark aura.
No seriously Torture is Aizen of course, lol.
MonadFeb 27, 2014 2:07 AM
Mar 12, 2014 4:43 AM

Jul 2009
So they are actually going with this?
The only thing I liked about this episode was Samumenco's conflicted thoughts and his cool new gear.

The monsters just seem stupid to me, and none of them seem to even merit remorse, so his feelings for them kind of confuse me. And I literally don't know what they are going to do with this "he looks different" thing.

Not sure if I will keep watching. I thought this would turn into a really deep anime and that is not where it's headed.
Mar 20, 2014 9:36 AM
Jan 2012
Kikimorka said:

Wow, all that the Prime Minister ever did was *nod-nod* *nod-nod*

I'm sure someone else was nodding under the table, if you know what I mean. That would explain the look on his face. Don't know i anyone actually caught that.
May 2, 2014 9:12 AM

May 2012
Hmm not sure if I'm liking these changes... but well let's see what happens next!
Nov 27, 2014 10:41 AM
Oct 2014
I'm totally sad, that they didn't keep it the way it was. I loved it so much, I can't tell.
And now there are ridiculous Monsters. Okay, we needed the big villain, I admit. And the comedy also stays, so okay, but honestly, somehow the episode was boring?
I'd like to drop, but I can't since I loved SF so much and I want to know what happens to my bby Masayoshi! I liked it a lot, that he considers the monsters deaths as also 'not okay' in a way. That's a true innocent Hero for you. Hope, that he doesn't change and it's interesting! We'll see!
Dec 27, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2009
Eh?

If I wanted to watch full on Kamen Rider, I'd watch KR.
Going into SF, I wasn't expecting it to go full on supernatural.
I'm going to give it one more go. I really wanted to like this show.
Mar 25, 2015 6:34 PM

Feb 2013
Viva Torture!

I guess there are villans now. Interesting. I wonder where this will go.
Dec 15, 2015 12:08 PM

Sep 2010
dws said:
Wow......... Just wow. This is for real? Just why? Seriously.. I was really hoping it was just filming or some kind of dream, but apparently not. I'm sad to say this, but I'm done with this show. :/
R.I.P. Samurai Flamenco, you will be missed.

You can still see it as it being de delusions/fantasy of the main character. It's odd that all the ''supernatural'' stuf happens right after he finds out that bit of truth from his grandfather.

Just because it's never confirmed/showed that Hazama is shifting real people into monsters in his head doesn't mean thats not whats happening. We see things trough his perspective, so if it's his perspective that gets warped, we the watchers will also see the warped version.

I think of this anime as the movie Life of Pi. When you watch the movie, you see the story trough's Pi's eyes. It gets stranger and stranger as you go on to the point it becomes to supernatural to fit as a normal story. At the end of the movie, Pi gives a different version of the story, which is more realistic, but he never denies nor confirms that he actualy believes that story to be the real one. At the end of it all, the watcher is allowed to decide for her or himself if the story we saw in the movie, or the story Pi gives at the end of the movie is the real version. I think this anime works the same way. Because all of the crazy stuff happens after a serious moment for the main character, he might be turning his life into a bigger hero story to cope. To live out his dreams.

The gorilla could have just been that drug guy shooting people to death before being stopped. Think of this for a moment. In the case of the gorilla, we where shown a clear screenshot of the gun. Why would they show a gun that explicidly if it was never going to be used? That makes no sense.
But what if,Possibly, it was used, it was just the main character who changed the gun into a guilotine.

Following this, the gorilla is pushed out of the window and then blows himself up. If an actual human was pushed out of the window, he would have died. If he did there was no way he could come back. Ergo in Hazama's fantasy, the gorilla had to dissapear as well even though it should be strong enough to survive a fall, hence the sudden random explosion.

This is just one example/the first one.

Personaly I think this anime toys with the idea: Is it really real or not? We are shown things trough Hazama's eyes. Therefore if what he sees isn't real, we the watchers wil only see what isn't real as well.

In a way that is what makes this brilliant, because you the watcher can decide if the anime really did randomly change tone to the point the world needs to change to fit in it, or if it's a delusion made by Hazama to cope with stuff or act out his dreams. Losing his grip on what is reality and what isn't.

I don't believe it's a coincidence we where shown the gun when the drug guy went crazy I also don't believe it's a coincidence all the weird stuff started to happen right after Hazama read that bit of truth and saw the old article.

It's a pity so many people look over this or passed this and just drop this anime because it isn't explicitly shown he is dreaming/fantasizing/twisting reality in his mind.

Sometimes the strengh of a story is that it could be different things. I would like to advise everyone watching to watch this anime till the end, and chose your own mindset/truth while doing so.

You want to believe it's Hazama twisting reality? Watch believing that. It could be fun to try and change every scenario into a realistic one. Wondering what actually happend and how Hazama changed it.

Or if you actually prefer the twist of setting, just sit back relax and watch the show withoud trying to think about what could have happend if that same scenario included normal people.

I'm just saying it is possible to watch and enjoy this show in both scenario's. Just because it hasn't been confirmed the weird stuff isn't real, doesn't mean that it is real.

Just like in Life of PI. Chose your own truth, then watch the story with that truth in mind. People can and will miss out on a fun possible great story if they can't watch anime/movies etc. that be interpreted in several ways. Which is very much the case in this anime/story.

If you still think the anime is bad even after watching it with your prefered version( V1: Hazama is twisting his reality to appear more hero like. V2: The world really went banana's and these weird things acre actually really happening) then feel free to drop or score low.

But Ithink anyone who drops just because they have no proof of their prefered version need to pick it back up, as nobody is stopping you from watching it with your version in mind. It's even hinted at times that the weird things aren't real. I repeat: The gun in the drawr, gorilla guy blowing himself up when he seemed fine after being pushed out of the window, all of it starting right after a tough moment for out main character.

(Also, perhaps the drug guy killing people with the gun, traumatised Hazama who hasn't acyually seen death up close before, and twists his reality there and then and so forth to deal with it and be able to continui being a hero. Some people can't cope with some realities and change it, truly believing that which they made of reality is actualy reality. I haven't finnished this anime yet, but I plan on making a list of moments in the anime that hint that Hazama started to twist reality, as at this point I already have seen qute a few, and I hope with that list to get people interested in finnishing it because my list might provide enough ''proof'' for them to accept that Hazama is twisting reality.
Mar 30, 2016 11:16 PM

Jan 2015
What was this episode?what the fuck is that? is this seriously? I was loving this show, what did they do? whyyyy?
so many questions

I can't believe

Be as free as you can be.
Apr 3, 2016 7:15 AM

Nov 2014
Mari is losing interest, and so am I. You can't shift gears this abruptly on the audience, especially if it isn't that funny.

1/5
Aug 30, 2016 5:12 AM

Jul 2008
Did his suit just get an upgrade out of nowhere?

Anyway, heh the Prime Minister seems absolutely useless.
Mar 30, 2017 9:04 AM

Jul 2013
So this was basically a bunch of monster of the day episodes compiled into one. I kind of miss when the show didn't really have any supernatural elements, but I'm interested in seeing where this show will go.
May 21, 2017 6:53 PM
Sep 2014
Welp

Wished it hadn't gone this route. Thought this whole episode was a dream sequence or something but nope. I really like this anime before this episode. Dropped and will rate 3/10
Sep 24, 2017 1:17 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I liked the change to monsters. Before, Hazuma was this freak idiot joke of a guy dreaming to be a hero and giving hilarious lectures, stirring up the city, and becoming this youtube celebrity. Sure the monsters appeared out of nowhere, but now the difference is the town is safe and he's a full fledged hero, there won't be any more amateur experience, and this is no different than One Punch Man where monsters appear to disturb the peace and the heroes are called to action to fight them. Hazuma is equally the same this joke of a guy as before fighting monsters with tape measures and shit while living his dream. It was fun to watch. Looks like Hazuma is having too much fun as Goto is noticing his eyes are changing.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 10, 2017 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
I can see why people would call this show a train wreck, but I'm still enjoying it and the little tone shift too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 24, 2017 11:53 PM
May 2017
So... Are they ever going to address the sudden genre change? I'm still dealing with the whiplash.
The world was so grounded before and now all of a sudden the world is one big episode of power rangers and no one in the show seems to really care all that much.
Is this a dream/ hallucination? Is it a prank? Did the first writer have to be replaced and the second writer didn't listen past senti parody?
Dec 29, 2017 11:34 AM
Jun 2016
Considering that the news broadcasts report about the monster incidents and that we see events that Samurai Flamenco could not be witnessing, and that no one is puzzled by the way S.F. talks about all the confrontations with the criminals I think it's safe to say that this is not a dream/hallucination. If it is then the writers of the series is not playing "fair" and are just showing every viewer the finger.

It should be safe to assume that a news channel is reporting reality and not delusions.

If they are portraying SF's crumbling psyche they should've been way more ambiguous about it.
Apr 27, 2018 6:56 AM

Mar 2016
This seems like a natural progression. This series is fun.
StopDropAndBowl said:

At least someone gets it.
Feb 9, 2020 2:04 PM

Mar 2012
So this is really happening. He's going to fight apparent REAL monsters with frigging office supplies? OK.
Jul 4, 2020 2:10 PM
Jun 2020
I feel like this series is a trainwreck in the same sense that Bohemian Rhapsody's ballad-opera-rock genre shift is one. both of them barely had any coherence upon first glance, and neither had a clear reason for these tone shifts, but they're still uniquely enjoyable nonetheless.
May 12, 2021 11:31 PM

May 2020
The whole "monsters now exist" thing would've gone down a lot smoother if they bothered to properly foreshadow it.
May 20, 2021 12:05 PM

Jul 2012
Well... the phrase "jumping the shark" comes to mind.
I was actually liking the show but now... this? Why?
The episode was pretty boring as well.
Aug 8, 2021 7:30 PM

Jul 2019
Still enjoying this, although I do heavily miss the old start of the series. Tbf this is a hero story of doing good. What better way to do that than show all forms of bad.

Team up again with Flamenco Girl but everything in that world seems dry. So not a lot to do, unfortunately.

Also most polarising ep I have seen ever lol.
NextUniverseAug 8, 2021 7:35 PM
Mar 12, 2022 5:26 PM

Jan 2022
Never was a fan of sentai (read: power rangers), so them breezing through the fights is nice.
The way the vilains act, reminds me of Ninja slayer and Inferno cop.
Yeah, this doesn't give the same vibes as the first few episodes, but I'm not opposed to it.
Admittedly, I was aware of the twist (and of the parody nature of this show) before I started watching, so I'm not dissapointed with it being there.

I agree that the animation quality dropped a bit, and that the way the 2 mcs are taking this is way too calm, but that second part makes it seem like a natural progression for the show to take (regarding the kaijin), which makes me able to just jump into what they're showing me.

All in all, I did prefer most of the episodes prior, but not all, and I'm looking forward to how it's going to go.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.