Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2008 11:53 PM

Aug 2007
Post here and tell us about yourself, your camera, what you like to take pictures of and so on.
Usotsuki. 
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 14, 2008 2:49 AM

Oct 2007
I'm a student and my camera is.. not really a camera. It's just a lousy 2-megapixel camera-phone, yeah. I like to take pictures at night, in town, or just random things (like my wardrobe or Ghost Elphie lol). Lights and trees are good. :D

"I'll be waiting in the future." - Chiaki Mamiya
Jan 15, 2008 6:20 PM

Aug 2007
Hehe, that they are. =D
Usotsuki. 
Jan 21, 2008 5:56 AM

Jan 2007
i'm also a student, i started taking pics when i had my very first digicam (powershot s110) around 6 years ago and frequently take stolen pics.. photography never really came into my mind.. i just love to take stolen shots from my classmates.. i'd sometimes take pics whenever i'd come across with beautiful sceneries. around 2 years ago, photography slowly started to fascinate me and had my eye on landscape photos. my interest in photography were kind of an on or off...

then around may last year, my cousin influenced my with photography and since then.. i slowly (yeah.. still slow) came to really like photography...

recently got a 400D last november and officially used it yesterday, unfortunately, i don't have the time to spare to dedicate myself with photography right now so for most of my photos were taken from my dsc-m1 compact.
Life without Purpose
blog | multiply | flickr

Jan 31, 2008 11:04 PM

Sep 2007
Hi there, I was really happy when I found the club, at the moment I'm still learning the basics with 20 year old Russian SLR, I like to take pictures of animals but they tend to make it difficult.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jesgf/sets/72157603683696122/
these are my best shots at least until I develop the roll I've got now on the camera, I hope I get better because in last roll most of the shots where under exposed or I used too slow shutter speed for a too high focal distance or both (T_T)
Feb 1, 2008 1:06 PM

Aug 2007
Welcome and that's an awesome camera. =o It looks so fun to use, is it?

Also, those are really nice pictures you have there, such beautiful scenery. =o You're lucky!
Usotsuki. 
Feb 1, 2008 2:38 PM

Sep 2007
yeah lot's of fun but film is bit expensive.
anyway I love those old romantic things. what camera do you use? I saw your sky pictures and I'm a bit envious all of them look sugoi.
Feb 3, 2008 12:37 AM

Aug 2007
I use an Olympus Stylus 1000, 10megapixels. I got it over the Summer last Summer, it's my baby. <3 Before that I used another Olympus, since some of the pictures are from my older one.

Yeah, it sounds like it would be expensive. =o
Usotsuki. 
Feb 4, 2008 9:17 AM

Dec 2007
It seems we meet again :P

I actually first started making photos last summer, someone from my family had a digital camera, and lent it to me - I made a couple of photos and got hooked...And I guess that's it. :P

My camera... Lemme grab that box... Eeeto... Fujifilm FinePix S9600... (9.0 Megapixels, 21.4 x Total zoom)...

What I like to make photos of? That's tough...
Anything that catches my attention I guess. Well for now I make mostly sky/sunsets/clouds... My cat... I'll upload some of my P's to my PB account, and post it so you'll see soon :P

Also, I have taken no lessons whatsoever, And most of the Photos I do, I do "On a feel" (that's probably not gramatically correct, but please excuse me, I can't remember the fitting phrase ATM)

Well anyway , that's it.
Over and out.

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Feb 4, 2008 2:32 PM

Aug 2007
Hehe, that's how I take pictures, too, I kind of take pictures of the same things, too. lol. Thanks for joining, welcome and nice pictures! Hehe.
Usotsuki. 
Feb 27, 2008 10:47 PM

Jan 2008
Helo :D I'm uhm.. just call me Rin or.. oorin.. thats what irc people call me.. anyway.. im a college student.. majoring graphic design.. i have a passion for photography.. but i hates studying it.. lol.. no comment.. anyway.. and uh.. i love to take picture but hate being taken picture of.. -.-

My camera(s) :D

Manual Old Fashioned SLR
1st. Minolta SRT 101 - since 1965 :3 (my lovely baby <3)

Digital SLR
2nd. Canon EOS 400D
3rd. I am buying a Nikon D80 :D with a lovely 18-200 VR lens <3

what i like to take picture of.. :o prolly random stuff.. im not really good at portrait.. or taking pictures of models.. :( more to freestyle shots :D

photoshop or not?
uhm.. sometimes i change the saturation or change abit colours on it.. but thats only it.. i dont like too much edit photographs.. theyre fake D:

Auto or Manual settings?
manual.. -_- not bragging.. but i dont know how to take pictures on auto settings ;~;

i will post some pictures up later.. :D

/glomps on evryone here.. YOROSHIKU NE :D
ooRinFeb 27, 2008 10:55 PM

『いつも、君と一緒にいたいんだ。偶然なんかじゃなく。君のことが、好きだから......。』
【アニム】【マンガ】
Feb 28, 2008 11:46 AM

Sep 2007
Hello there, I'd love to see your photos specialy one of your minolta because I love those old slr cameras. (^_^)
Feb 29, 2008 12:08 AM

Jan 2008
susonauta said:
Hello there, I'd love to see your photos specialy one of your minolta because I love those old slr cameras. (^_^)

i have some tat i scanned.. didnt turn out good when scanned tho D:

i posted some on the other thread :3

【アニム】【マンガ】
Feb 29, 2008 12:39 AM

Oct 2007
Hiya, I'm Chi, still a student. I haven't been into photography before, just now. I'm still experimenting.

My cam is Canon IXUS 75.

Mar 4, 2008 6:34 AM

Jan 2007
o0RiN0o said:
susonauta said:

is it possible for film cameras not to be printed but goes straight to a CD/DVD? would it be cheaper compared to developing the rolls?
Life without Purpose
blog | multiply | flickr

Mar 4, 2008 6:45 AM

Jan 2008
x0x0 said:
o0RiN0o said:
susonauta said:

is it possible for film cameras not to be printed but goes straight to a CD/DVD? would it be cheaper compared to developing the rolls?

uwo.. i shall ask tat to the mini lab lol.. tats one good idea XD

【アニム】【マンガ】
Mar 4, 2008 11:24 AM

Sep 2007
x0x0 said:
o0RiN0o said:
susonauta said:

yes, is posible and is cheaper, in fact I want to buy a film scanner so I can save even more, because I want to start using color slide film and the rolls are much expensive than normal film.
Mar 4, 2008 1:09 PM

Jun 2007
Eto...

I'm Chizu!!

I'm a Network Technician, attending Danish Technical University after summer. You might know me from the IRC channel, I happen to be there a lot. I've been taking pictures with my parrents crappy Medion 6.36 Megapixel cam for some time, mostly flowers, landscapes and portraits. Actually just ordered a Nikon D80 today to start taking photography more seriously. I've taken about a couple of thousand pictures with my parrents camera, but the quality of the images is pretty crappy, and you dont have any manual adjustments on that P&S cam. I'm looking forward to take some nice pictures with my new cam.
Mar 4, 2008 4:13 PM

Jan 2007
susonauta said:
x0x0 said:
o0RiN0o said:
susonauta said:

yes, is posible and is cheaper, in fact I want to buy a film scanner so I can save even more, because I want to start using color slide film and the rolls are much expensive than normal film.

that's good to hear, now's no one is going to hold me back from trying a lomo cam ;D

Cheesebaron said:
Eto...

I'm Chizu!!

I'm a Network Technician, attending Danish Technical University after summer. You might know me from the IRC channel, I happen to be there a lot. I've been taking pictures with my parrents crappy Medion 6.36 Megapixel cam for some time, mostly flowers, landscapes and portraits. Actually just ordered a Nikon D80 today to start taking photography more seriously. I've taken about a couple of thousand pictures with my parrents camera, but the quality of the images is pretty crappy, and you dont have any manual adjustments on that P&S cam. I'm looking forward to take some nice pictures with my new cam.

welcome! saw some of your photos and think it's pretty good even if you're using a point and shoot... the quality of the photo is comparable to those using a DSLR. and why is everyone using a D80 nowadays? where's the canon love??? lolx
Life without Purpose
blog | multiply | flickr

Mar 4, 2008 10:50 PM

Jan 2008
Cheesebaron said:
Eto...

I'm Chizu!!

welcome! saw some of your photos and think it's pretty good even if you're using a point and shoot... the quality of the photo is comparable to those using a DSLR. and why is everyone using a D80 nowadays? where's the canon love??? lolx

wanna know why? LOL.. cuz.. i influenced him! thats why! D:!!! chizuuu!! <3

【アニム】【マンガ】
Mar 5, 2008 2:55 AM

Jun 2007
o0RiN0o said:

wanna know why? LOL.. cuz.. i influenced him! thats why! D:!!! chizuuu!! <3

Uhm I also read a shitload of reviews and comparisons between the 400D and D80, either way I think I would have been happy.
Mar 5, 2008 3:32 AM

Jan 2008
ahaha o.o;;;;;;;;;;; that was a joke.. o.o;;;; ....... o-O;;; uhm well.. i did to.. anyhow. welcome? XD

【アニム】【マンガ】
Mar 5, 2008 10:09 AM

Jun 2007
Thanks thanks, take it easy with those ; X-D they make you all sweaty :P
Mar 5, 2008 4:57 PM

Jan 2007
so you guys know each other personally? awww i'm envious...
Life without Purpose
blog | multiply | flickr

Mar 5, 2008 5:21 PM

Jun 2007
Well, we've talked a lot on MSN and IRC, so we know each other a bit :>
Mar 10, 2008 2:10 AM

Jan 2008
Hihi, i'm new here and o0RiN0o invited me.....So yea...oh, i also envy all of you guys who have SLRs > <
Mar 10, 2008 2:13 AM

Sep 2007
I saw your flower picture and is good why don't you start with an old fashioned SLR film camera?
Mar 10, 2008 2:14 AM
Aug 2007
Sup. I'm Kayla. Thanks for the invite. I originally had no experience whatsoever using a camera, and somehow when I was 17 I became interested in photography. I just take pictures for fun and I'm completely inspired by music and a muse. My camera is broken at the moment and it sucks because I have all these ideas in my head, yet I can't capture them. Too bad.
Mar 10, 2008 2:17 AM

Sep 2007
hi same goes for you but with the tree picture, old SLR are very easy to find and very cheap then the only thing you need is to find cheap film, and to tell the truth is a bit more complicated
Mar 10, 2008 2:19 AM

Jan 2008
wtfyourface said:
Sup. I'm Kayla. Thanks for the invite. I originally had no experience whatsoever using a camera, and somehow when I was 17 I became interested in photography. I just take pictures for fun and I'm completely inspired by music and a muse. My camera is broken at the moment and it sucks because I have all these ideas in my head, yet I can't capture them. Too bad.

welcome to the club, Kayla :D I hope you will post many of your pictures in the threads. XD cuz your shots are awesome.

【アニム】【マンガ】
Mar 10, 2008 2:22 AM

Jan 2008
susonauta said:
I saw your flower picture and is good why don't you start with an old fashioned SLR film camera?

Thanks.
I don't know... photography is just a minor hobby of mine and i don't really take pictures all that often. I just take pictures when i feel like it, so getting a SLR film/digital camera may never happen... :/
Mar 10, 2008 2:25 AM

Jan 2008
Aero8 said:
susonauta said:

Thanks.
I don't know... photography is just a minor hobby of mine and i don't really take pictures all that often. I just take pictures when i feel like it, so getting a SLR film/digital camera may never happen... :/

i lol'd.

【アニム】【マンガ】
Mar 10, 2008 2:32 AM

Jan 2007
welcome to the newcomers

you don't really need an slr, you guys could already take good photos and that's what all that matters...

saw your photos, you guys really have the eye of a photographer.
Life without Purpose
blog | multiply | flickr

May 31, 2008 5:57 AM

Sep 2007
Hello! I'm eternalstar... you can call me eternal... or my nickname, Ru.

Um... I'm actually the one who suggested this thread... and yet I introduce myself so late... *fails*

So... Hi! ^_^

I'm also a student... i joined our school's photography club when I was in first year high school... but I just bought my own camera when i was in the second year *fails again*

my camera is Ami, a point and shoot, Casio EX-Z110... It's pretty useless in the dark (unless I keep my hands very very very still) but does really well when there's light! (more info on the camera thread)

My favorite subjects for photography are flowers and the sky... i also like cats... and pretty much anything that I find pretty-ful!! XD

Um.... I am a photoshop user!! hahahaha!!! I only do minor changes though (cropping, resizing, and sometimes fixing contrast and saturation) But I edit my pics for deviantart (what I call photoart XD)

That's basically it.... I'm very lazy to update my deviantart *fails another time*... so I'll just post my flickr that I recently created... ^^ (everything i post here also gets posted there...)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eternalstar/

comments and constructive criticism here and there are very much appreciated!! >XD
May 11, 2009 12:53 PM

Oct 2007
Hi, I'm Julia, and I like to take photos. My camera is a Kodak EasyShare CX6200. You can see lots of my photos on my Flickr page.

May 12, 2009 7:43 AM

Sep 2007
wellcome Juliab, I hope you don't main If I ad your flickr profile to my contact list.
Nov 9, 2009 7:48 AM

Apr 2009
Hi, I just noticed there's a photo club here. It seems a little inactive though. I shoot with a Canon Rebel xsi. I don't get to do much shooting lately, but I still really like it.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Apr 21, 2010 4:42 PM
Apr 2010
Hello everyone. My name is Joshua but you can call me Josh if you like. I'd say I'm an amateur photographer but I like to take pictures every now and then. My camera is a Kodak EasyShare ZD8612 IS, but I'll also use my brother's Kodak EasyShare C813. I recently got a new battery for my camera though so hopefully I'll be taking more pictures soon. As far as subjects, I just shoot whatever catches my eye. I'm also going to try teaching myself how to use GIMP until I feel it's necessary to upgrade, but right now I'm not using photo editors enough for it to make much of a difference. I just made a Flickr account so if you're interested in seeing my pictures check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/humbledsoul5121/
Feb 4, 2014 1:31 AM
Jul 2011
HI!!!! I'm.... er....Tennou? ....well that is my name due to IRC, had this strange name for the past 5 years :o ....but I am a Final Year Student at University in UK, studying Web Design

Developed a strange passion for photography and cinematography.....would NEVER sit in a class room and learn about it....but into my portraits at the moment...

Other than that.....I guess I am a huge C.G fan and a huge anime nerd =]

My gear? er...

Body?
- Canon 600D T3i (my baby <3)

Len(s)?
- Trust 50mm 1.8f (SOOOO AWESOME FOR VIDEO WORK and bokeh is just insane)
- 28-135mm USM II IS (mainly for portraits/landscapes)
- 18-55mm Kit (only wide angle I got)
(I have more...but don't really use them as much)

Flash?
- x2 Yongnou 560 III's

Editing?
- Lightroom mainly....just due to convenience but sometimes photoshop

Auto or manual?
- Ewwwww auto......manual all the way!!!!!

Er....what I mainly take pictures off?
I guess you can check my flickr && Youtube?
Flickr
Youtube
Oct 24, 2018 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
hi I'm new here
I love taking pictures of Nendoroid and toys
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» DISCUSSION: Do you edit your photos?

x0x0 - Feb 10, 2008

12 by Cdyeaglin »»
Apr 9, 2022 5:00 PM

» Street Photography

ooRin - Feb 29, 2008

34 by rurumi »»
Jan 4, 2010 1:29 AM

» Landscape Photography.

Yandere - Feb 4, 2008

28 by CDRW »»
Nov 9, 2009 7:54 AM

» Wild Animals Photography.

Yandere - Feb 4, 2008

27 by Cheesebaron »»
Apr 18, 2009 6:38 AM

» Self-Portraits.

Yandere - Feb 4, 2008

24 by Loreley »»
Feb 15, 2009 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.