Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 30, 2015 12:02 AM

Nov 2012
VanZanX said:

As much as I hate Kunato, I don't think he did anything really wrong here, except be unclear in his orders. I, too, thought he gave the order to detonate and so Nagate detonated his charges. I didn't see anything wrong at the time and had to rewatch that scene. Personally, I think he should have said "Prepare to detonate... on my count" or something along those lines. That would have been more clear. But from what I can tell, everyone seemed to be waiting for a count so I am going to assume that's standard procedure, and Nagate messed up.

Okay, Nagate detonated early, fine... but even so, why didn't everyone else detonate their charages immediately after? I don't see any reason why they all had to go off at exactly the same time.

Then Nagate froze up? Really? Wtf is that all about? He's been able to keep his cool under pressure against gauna twice before, and was able to face them down without pissing himself, no problem! But he detonates early and suddenly he's frozen in shock? Give me a break... Completely out of character, in my opinion.

Kunato opened up a private channel and told Nagate to detonate. He was very clear in his orders in telling only him to detonate. He alone made them abandon the original plan, and led to unnecessary deaths.

I also don't get why the rest of the squad didn't detonate when some of the charges went off, confusion maybe? The charges were meant to go off at the same time so that the tail would be blasted off, and hopefully the host gauna with it. The four detonated dislodged the other eight from the creature.

Nagate freezing up after his "blunder" leading to the death of Hoshijiro, he fucked up bad, but Kunato's actions led to that disaster.

All so that he can make Nagate look bad, and he the hero.

Fuck Kunato, may the elitist trash die a slow and painful death.

Aug 9, 2015 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
gaunas are repulsive
argh !
gaunas seems flesh or human organs
i hate kunato i hope a gauna eats him mwahahahaha

Aug 30, 2015 8:23 PM
Apr 2015
I AM RAGING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
Sep 2, 2015 1:45 AM

Aug 2013
Wow Kunato. What an asshole. It's not like we're in a life and death situation...
Nov 27, 2015 1:34 PM

Feb 2014
I hope Kunato pays for what he did later
Dec 30, 2015 3:15 PM
Dec 2014
starlightgundam said:
Since Kunato's family are the ones in charge of developing the Type-18 guardians, there's a possibility of the recording from the battle to have accidentally gotten lost.
]
starlightgundam said:
Since Kunato's family are the ones in charge of developing the Type-18 guardians, there's a possibility of the recording from the battle to have accidentally gotten lost.
]e]

Since he is from such a distinguished and well connected clan they might also fear a civil war. Besides fighting amongst the ace pilots can't be good for ship-wide moral so they probably just want to hush it up.
Dec 30, 2015 3:24 PM
Dec 2014
SleepingEntity said:
These "Knights of Sidonia" seriously need to man the fuck up and stop acting like fresh recruits. I mean, just compare them to Muvluv's TSF pilots. The difference is like night and day.<br />
<br />
I'm loving the environment and overall premise of this anime, but by god, the characters seriously piss me off. Tanikaze impressed me when he solo'd the gauna, but what's with all these useless pilots? The "elite four" they chose at first were so fucking useless I thought they were first-timers. Didn't they train in sims? Why'd they freak out in their first real deployment against a gauna?

You think soldiers never freak out? Also consider that they are fighting a super powerful mysterious alien lifeform that has wiped out most of humanity and is capable of giving you a very painful death.
May 8, 2016 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Effin Kunato ... just to protect your own pride / ego ... risking the entire mission.
I really liked Hoshijiro.

It's going to be hard for Nagate or any of the crew to fight this Gauna since it resembles Hoshijiro's frame so much.
Oct 27, 2016 12:56 PM

Apr 2013
Got to hate pussy MCs... this one can't even figure out he got tricked after all that and even freezes in the middle of combat... gg.

Nov 13, 2016 2:20 AM

May 2016
I didn't get why Tanikaze got the orders wrong at the first watch but the rewind made me realize that Kunato PM'ed Nagate to detonate early. Holy shit. For attention and petty vengeance, he endangered everyone's lives and even got the MC's love interest killed by spear tentacles. He's lower than scum... Nagate realized that he fucked up so bad that he froze in place.

RIP, Shizuka Hoshijiro...you will be missed more than any other person that died so far :'(

I got to say that they put in the night-day cycle in the Sidonia to good use~ Despite being a rock stabbed by a metal stick full of thrusters floating in space, the Sidonia has class.

I think that Dio didn't get to see Captain's lovely figure because it's too bright in there :3

Midorikawa's been appointed to captain of communications and another Honoka's supplied to replace Shizuka. Izane cheered up Nagate and he's back in action!

So my guess that Gauna can absorb inorganic material was correct. Hoshijiro's mech is back, not in a good way. The last thing I want to see is a Gaunafied Hoshijiro corpse...

Feb 1, 2017 2:48 AM

Feb 2014
What a psychopath. So that asshole Kunato was behind it all after all.

In addition to the show's premise of humans being driven out of their home planet by alien invaders and forced to drift in space like nomads, even the atmosphere and the soundtrack reminds me a lot of the game Homeworld. Especially the more electronic and ambient ones, like the music that played during the scene where Tanikaze confronts Kunato. It sounded a lot like the track Turanic Battle Music from Homeworld.
Jul 20, 2019 9:36 AM
Jun 2017
Kunato is a real bastard. Hopefully, he dies in pain and humiliation.
Oct 22, 2019 7:06 PM

Mar 2018
Great reveal of the death, and the missing memory skip was unique. I loved it when I watched it originally.

On another note, I've always thought that Kunato didn't do anything wrong, but now I've realized I was stupidly wrong. Guess he's actually a real shit bucket.
Oct 29, 2021 3:32 PM

Nov 2016
Fuck Kunato. Izana best girl, tho.

And damn, the Gauna have their own Garde now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 2022 9:52 PM

Mar 2013
Every waifu will die before having a chance with our real MC. Now that's a tragedy. I will have to lower my expectations or it will break ma heart. lol
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 7, 2022 1:52 PM
Jan 2017
Come on, Nagate! You can win!
Oct 31, 2023 10:52 AM

Dec 2022
The people on board the Sidonia are a fickle lot. One mission they're worshipping Nagate, the next they're shunning him.

Seems like there are plans to resurrect Shizuka.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Oct 19, 6:50 PM

Feb 2016
Kunato what a POS.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2014

304 by setarcos »»
Jun 9, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

228 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 26, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.