Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2016 12:06 PM
Jul 2014
-cliffhanger being a tease sucks, but mabye she really did it who knows
-new guy said he's found it and talks with blue hair chan, so he knows some stuff
-the way yuta automatically knew who the last guy was :((((((((((
Apr 23, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
Niko is funny haha.
So the 7th is a M...that's new lol.
Apr 23, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2012
I thought the 7th would be a suicide freak or something, but a masochist? That's even better lmao.
This show gets dumber and better.
Apr 23, 2016 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A crazy masochist? The team is really now complete.

Trigger is delivering my favorite OP and ED's of the season with Kiznaiver and Luluco.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 23, 2016 1:00 PM

Sep 2013
This is a very diverse cast we got here and they all have great chemistry together. Now that they got all the character introductions out of the way, hopefully the plot of the entire show should be revealed. Like what does Sonozaki means by survive the summer? Is something big going to happen? Also whats up with Honoka?

Loving this so far. Hopefully they start something soon otherwise the next 9 episodes are going to be rushed, especially with this many people. We got 7 Kiznaivers and Sonozaki.

Also, the ED song is definitely my favorite this season. Can't stop listening to this gem.

Apr 23, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
SKP138 said:
Like what does Sonozaki means by survive the summer? Is something big going to happen?

I think it has something to do with the fact that this is not the first Kiznaiver experiment. It would also imply that other participants died in the process.

SKP138 said:
Also, the ED song is definitely my favorite this season. Can't stop listening to this gem.

De gustibus non est disputandum, but I like the one from Re:Zero more :-)
Apr 23, 2016 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
mozgow said:
SKP138 said:
Like what does Sonozaki means by survive the summer? Is something big going to happen?

I think it has something to do with the fact that this is not the first Kiznaiver experiment. It would also imply that other participants died in the process.

SKP138 said:

De gustibus non est disputandum, but I like the one from Re:Zero more :-)

That one is really good too!

Apr 23, 2016 1:27 PM

Feb 2012
Whilst the first episode was interesting, the second episode got me worried. Thankfully, this episode was highly enjoyable. The comedy was great, especially the supermarket scene, Agata's "welcome to Jackass" moment when he jumped off the overpass and when the masochist totally came at the end. I am glad that there was no more forced drama like in episode 2. As much as I love the comedy, I cannot wait for the serious aspects of this series to develop. It appears that our main cast are not the first Kiznaivers which makes me ponder about what happened to the previous ones. The characters are labelled with very simple concepts; However, I believe that they will grow and develop beyond that. Hopefully the next episode will be even better.
Apr 23, 2016 1:39 PM

May 2015
That seventh member is one fucking weirdo, but it was hilarious. But yea, good episode, and it had some damn funny moments as well, like Tenga repeatedly smacking Yuta. Lmao.

Apr 23, 2016 2:10 PM

Nov 2014
Tenga menacing with violating sonozaki lol

indeed, most of his quotes in this episode were quite hilarious.

5/5
error5000Apr 23, 2016 2:14 PM
Apr 23, 2016 2:18 PM

Apr 2014
Haha, loving this. The supermarket scene was dope, and wasn't expecting the masochist 7th member. Trigger delivers again.
Apr 23, 2016 2:23 PM
Mar 2016
Whoa, we haven't heard about Maki's dark secret yet, she said she killed somebody but retract it by saying it's a joke?

So there is a 7th Kiznaiver, and is a masochist.
Apr 23, 2016 2:25 PM

Dec 2014
So the last kiznaiver was a masochist..... huh lol
Apr 23, 2016 2:27 PM

Oct 2015
I really enjoy the the difference between the characters. Especially the MC and the newest. One who can't feel pain and another who gets off on it. They are complete opposites as characters go and that is going to be really interesting to see how they end up interacting with one another.

Overall I would give it a 4/5. The beginning with the just joking type comment was kind of a slap to the suspense the last episode created. Other than that it was good. It gave a good idea in how the characters are choosing to treat their current situation and what steps they're beginning to go in to look out for one another and how its changing their social situation with how they're beginning to look at school to outside entities.
In terms of humor the characters fit their positions very well. It didn't feel like they were making jokes / saying things that would be outside of their normal character.
It was a well paced and interesting episode. I would say last week's episode was better, but it seems like all the characters have been placed now and the actual plot can begin.
Apr 23, 2016 2:34 PM
Mar 2016
Wait!!!!!!!!What about Maki's dark secret, she said she killed someone, but retracted it by saying that she's kidding?!
Apr 23, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2015
This is so weird. So a seventh member is introduced.
Apr 23, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2015
I like everything about this show except the boring main character, but the rest of the cast is colourful enough to make it fun. I suppose the male leads apathism is important to the story and the themes of pain and connection/relations.

I do think the story should get going a bit soon though, so far there hasn't been much of a plot.
Apr 23, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
Well I'm about done with this show... theres just nothing appealing about it and the new character didn't change anything.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 23, 2016 2:55 PM

Dec 2015
2/5 only for this episode. Was a bit boring cause it only introduced the 7th guy which they could just have done from the start. They need to bring more background info about the system and/or more and dangerous missions to make it interesting.

Considering it is 3 episodes already nothing much happened. Needs to get better. Can't rate it more than 7/10 and only watching it because I want to watch at least 1 of the 2 anime which are very popular atm (Kabaneri the other one which I dropped after episode 2 and scored it 6/10).

Should it not get more interesting in the next 1-2 episodes I might drop this as well.
Apr 23, 2016 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
This anime doesn't seem to going anywhere atm.
Also, the girl that confessed to killing someone... Everyone just seems fine with that, lol.
Apr 23, 2016 3:06 PM

Mar 2014
I don't know I just love watching all these unique and kinda weird characters interact with each other and getting involved in weird situations. The supermarket scene was great
Apr 23, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
I predicted that the seventh guy would be someone who'd get off on the pain and provide a big hurdle to the group.

There's still so many issues I've got with the show. The system itself seems to be inconsistent. A slap seems to provide a bigger response than someone jumping from a bridge. I really have no idea how it works. The humour is also at odds with the serious vibes given off by Sonozaki and her operation. I tune in because the premise is interesting (if flawed) but it's not really clicking with me.
Apr 23, 2016 3:26 PM

May 2015
I laughed more than I should have with the supermarket and the last scene. Promising anime.
Apr 23, 2016 3:40 PM

Nov 2014
This show makes me really uncomfortable..

Apr 23, 2016 3:44 PM

Oct 2013
So all Honoka had to say for her edgy introduction was "PSYCHE!!! I just have a intolerable personality." lol, as if that wasn't already obvious.

The tone is slowly starting to become more serious. I think the scene at the end with Sonozaki was a reminder that there is an underlying darkness to this series beneath the comedy. I'm curious to see if that will eventually surface or if it will continue to just lurk in the background and take a backseat to the comedy. Not a fan of the "i'll violate you" jokes from Tenga. I'm hoping that doesn't become a perpetual trend. The balance between comedy and seriousness is a little awkward right now, but at least for what it's worth, this show IS funny and did get quite a few laughs out of me.

Tenga and Nico are the funniest to watch on screen. I'm curious to see what new dynamic Hisomu brings to the party. Now that everyone is introduced, will the bigger plot begin? Since they laid out all of the characters I'm wondering if they will take a deep dive into their psyche or leave them one dimensional.

4/5
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Apr 23, 2016 3:47 PM
May 2013
Had a nice discussion about the anime's OP and ED and can now most certainly say that there is A LOT to this show. If it doesn't spend too much time delving into each character and puts more emphasis on the overarching "macro" plot and Sonozaki+Agata, we are in for an extremely good story. The show tries to be a blend of comedy and seriousness and so far has kept a fairly good balance. It's a very "Trigger" style show, for sure. Now if it manages to not get too silly and stay focused on the main point, it will be amazing. There are a few inconsistancies already though, which are a bit worrying, cause it's very uncertain that they are there for a reason. Albeit the author is very competent so it is probably all done on purpose. Can't wait for the next episode!

P.S I actually can't wait for Niko's backstory. I guarantee it will be full of crying and confessing.
FelkinApr 23, 2016 3:52 PM
Apr 23, 2016 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
Loved the episode.
The guy being a masochist was probably great Lol. xD I never have seen a masochist this good in a while (If anyone says Darkness from KonoSuba pfftt--, this guy wanted to kill himself and hurt himself xD)
Apr 23, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2015
So, this is something I can't really explain, but I don't mind that. It's both funny and serious, ramatic and tragedic while it's happy and carefree. I don't know, but it forms a great show. =P

Sadomsochism/5

Apr 23, 2016 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
So we got Masochism and good ol' fashioned Trigger logic. All is well.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 23, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2014
the more i watch this series the more i love it, and this ep was really good also lol at the 7th guy gets off to pain LOL

also love the ED the best of the season imo
"one step at a time"
Apr 23, 2016 4:13 PM

Jun 2013
I knew a freaking masochist is needed for this type of story.
Apr 23, 2016 4:28 PM

Feb 2016
In my opinion the art direction of the show is still stellar, but as far as the story goes, I've expected more drama, not this kind of superfluous comedy (although the majority of the comedy parts are kind of funny so I don't really mind, but I wonder that it can last for the rest of the season)
Apr 23, 2016 5:23 PM

Mar 2016
Yuta-kun best grill :p

also...
DiabloMask said:
kyle8998 said:
I Killed someone...

Just kidding!

100-0 real fast

She's probably not kidding though, just made it look like a joke when she realized she didn't really have to tell them that.
No seriously.
Apr 23, 2016 6:11 PM

Sep 2014
Don't wanna sound like a politically correct faggot but the fact that no one is bothered by this bullshit really bothers me, I just want to strangle the blue haired bitch to death...
Apr 23, 2016 6:12 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good episode, don't know what the pay off will be though.
Apr 23, 2016 6:17 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not sure if it's the actual character or the voice actor but I want to shot the new guy.
And I'm seriously annoyed at that ''I'm just kidding'' thing.
Apr 23, 2016 6:26 PM

Oct 2015
Well this continues to be underwhelming. I guess I was just expecting something with more "oomph" but currently it seems to be taking a much more light-hearted tone than expected. It's hard to take the "shared pain" theme seriously when none of the characters seem to be bothered by it, even laughing it off or in the case of the new guy, getting off to it.

And why did the new guy have to be introduced later on? I know he is a truant and so it would be hard to show him at the school but it still seems like they are just dragging this early-arc out too much.

However; the animation continues to be impressive and the ending of this episode seemed to hint at things picking up, but I'm not expecting much now.
Apr 23, 2016 6:30 PM
Jan 2015
I am honestly liking this episode as compared with this very tepid week in Spring 2016. The humor is spot on, the eccentricities are there and finally, we are given the main plot as our assurance that it will not be an episodic series. Not that episodic series are bad (Mushishi and Bebop are my to go episodic shows after all) but this is one of these shows which needs a bigger plot to hold itself. Thankfully, the characters are beginning to show some personality now and I can distinguish them from one another.

PS: Here's my blog as I present my thoughts about seasonal animes and my most favorites in general. Thanks for paying a visit!
Apr 23, 2016 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
I have no clue what to think about this anime. One side it's interesting the way the pain works but on the other side its getting boring. Hopefully something big happens soon.
Alright episode.
3/5
Apr 23, 2016 7:20 PM

May 2014
Good god damn lord that kid sounded like a girl getting some good dick

Apr 23, 2016 8:12 PM

Apr 2014
I don't think the pain is divided equally, because I'm feeling so much pain watching this show.
God, that was fucking terrible.
Apr 23, 2016 8:55 PM

Feb 2015
I did not see that coming at the end. Damn, thank god I turned down the volume.
Apr 23, 2016 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
So the 7th one is a masochist, that makes for an interesting cast. Still not sure about this, but it's kinda fun so far, and the animation was nice as always. That "I killed someone" thing was a pretty cheap way to get people intrigued and then drop it a minute into the episode though.
Apr 23, 2016 9:54 PM

Jun 2013
The OP reminds me of the late 90s, early 2000s when the Numa Numa song (Dragostea din tei) was popular for some reason.

Out of the three episodes I've seen so far, I'd say this is the most interesting one. I didn't think there would be another Kiznaiver and a masochist freak at that.

Kacchon jumping was pretty unfair, he did crack his head, bled and fainted but he doesn't feel pain so sacrificing himself was kind of stupid.

The show is SLOWLY getting better but not one I would recommend from this point. I'll see if it's a series worth recommending to some friends after 12 episodes are through. First two episodes were the shittiest ever.
BibimbapskiApr 23, 2016 9:57 PM
臭い-
Apr 23, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2009
Well that's not good, getting a bonafide Masochist as a Kiznaiver is going to be a detriment. Good luck surviving the summer lol.
Apr 23, 2016 10:08 PM

Jan 2014
Kacchon and Tenga are my favorite characters. We have quite the diverse cast! They're going to have a lot of fun with the addition of a masochist in their group.
Apr 23, 2016 10:21 PM

Apr 2015
That supermarket scene was so hilarious, beating each other to found the 7th guy.

Which turns out that he is a masochist lol XD
Apr 23, 2016 10:36 PM

Dec 2015
That was funny enough to entertain me and... that's all. Seriously?
"Your body, now, it's ours!" XD
So, in the end, it will be a simple comedy?

To be honest, we got a tiny little piece of development: it is the Xth time the town conduct the experiment and they were never satisfied until now.
Also, the more, the merrier.

3/5 Gurren Lagann had a normal length, this show is half-sized.
Apr 23, 2016 11:48 PM
Nov 2015
I loved this episode just as much as the past two episodes and I would have voted it a 5/5 if it weren't for Hisomu. By no means do I dislike his character; I was just admittedly rather surprised and uncomfortable. Though I guess I should have seen his masochistic character coming (ayy) from the design alone. Still, I don't think he's a character we can just write off because he seems to have a deeper connection to Sonozaki and/or a significant part in the Kiznaiver system.
Apr 24, 2016 12:11 AM

Aug 2009
Tenga had the most hilariously dumb method for searching out the final member – just blurting it out all over the place. I would assume that would be a bad idea. What surprised me the most was that Niko had the smartest method. She was gently punching Katsuhira in the back of the head (so cute) to see if anyone in the class was reacting to it. So who is this Hisomi Yoshiharu? Oh. He’s a total masochist. Well this should be an interesting turn of events.

I think I felt something.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2016

158 by marzim »»
Yesterday, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

366 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

206 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

384 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.