Forum Settings
Forums

'Planetarian' Anime Project Details Announced

New
Apr 15, 2016 5:14 AM

Mar 2013
A press conference for the Planetarian Anime Project was held tonight on April 15 via Nico Live. The holders stated that the previously announced Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume will be streamed on Nico Nico Douga starting July 7 with total of five episodes. In addition, a movie titled Planetarian: Hoshi no Hito (pictured) is set to premiere on September 3. The movie adapts "side story" of the Planetarian series. Many details of the projects were also released, listed below.

Cast
Yumemi Hoshino: Keiko Suzuki (Little Busters!)
Kuzuya: Daisuke Ono (Dimension W)

Yasumichi Kushida (Gintama)
Satoshi Taki (Clannad: After Story)
Rina Satou (Kiznaiver)
Masaru Shinozuka
Sanae Fuku (Koukaku no Pandora)
Yoko Hikasa (High School DxD)
Minami Tsuda (Yuru Yuri)
Shizuka Ishigami (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)
Yuuki Kuwahara (Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken)
Akiko Takeguchi (Black Lagoon)
Tamio Ooki (Berserk)

Staff
Director: Naokatsu Tsuda (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai)
Script: Shogo Yasukawa (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season), Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Director: Katsuichi Nakayama (Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo), Junsuke Machidani (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season)
Original Work Cooperation: Key / Visual Arts
Original Character Design: E-ji Komatsu (Golden Time)
Character Design: Hitomi Takechi
Mechanic Design: Kanetake Ebikawa (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
Prop Design: Shinya Uchida
Art Setting: Hiroshi Izumi
Color Setting: Hiroko Satou (Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card)
Art Director: Yuusuke Takeda (Dimension W), Yuuko Sugiyama
3D Director: Youji Nakazawa
Film Director: Arimasa Watanabe
Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose (Sekkou Boys)
Sound Director: Takayuki Yamaguchi (Terra Formars), Naokatsu Tsuda
Sound Effect: Yasumasa Koyama (Non Non Biyori)
Music: Visual Arts, Shinji Orito (Clannad), Donmaru, Tomohiro Takeshita
Studio: David Production
Production: planetarian project

ONA ED: "Twinkle Starlight" by Sayaka Sasaki
Image Song: "Worlds Pain" by Ceui
Movie Theme: "Hoshi no Fune" by Lia

PV

Source: Otakomu

Planetarian: Hoshi no Hito on MAL
tsubasaloverApr 16, 2016 11:38 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2016 5:19 AM

Mar 2014
Staff isn't particularly great but as long as they stick to the source, deliver on the visuals and the director doesn't have a spasm while working on it, that's all this needs to be good, it's relies a lot more on the atmosphere than anything else.
Never listened to any of the drama CDs (the "other game") so that'll be cool to see too.
Apr 15, 2016 5:24 AM

Jun 2014
well... my favorite VN will be destroyed.

Apr 15, 2016 5:25 AM

Jul 2013
So it's an ONA huh? We'll be getting if sooner than I thought. Do we know many episodes there will be or how long it will be?

Will definitely be watching this with its popularity.

Apr 15, 2016 5:27 AM

Mar 2014
EasyGo-er said:
So it's an ONA huh? We'll be getting if sooner than I thought. Do we know many episodes there will be or how long it will be?

I guess they forgot to mention it but it's gonna be 5 episodes.
Apr 15, 2016 5:28 AM

Dec 2015
@Plutia Werent u interested in this? :o
Apr 15, 2016 5:31 AM

Jul 2013
Paulo27 said:
EasyGo-er said:

Thanks. So I assume it will be the normal length of TV episodes? I heard many people said it can work well as a movie and 5 episodes will be around 1 hour 40 minutes which is normal for a movie length.

Apr 15, 2016 5:32 AM

Nov 2007
Paulo27 said:

Added, though the official site doesn't say it's 5 episodes (and PV, which I skimmed through it, didn't mention so), so we didn't initially added it.
http://planetarian-project.com/onair/
http://planetarian-project.tumblr.com/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 15, 2016 5:36 AM

Mar 2014
tsubasalover said:
Paulo27 said:

Added, though the official site doesn't say it's 5 episodes (and PV, which I skimmed through it, didn't mention so), so we didn't initially added it.
http://planetarian-project.com/onair/
http://planetarian-project.tumblr.com/
The source (Otakomu) does mention it, as well as this

EasyGo-er said:
Paulo27 said:

Thanks. So I assume it will be the normal length of TV episodes? I heard many people said it can work well as a movie and 5 episodes will be around 1 hour 40 minutes which is normal for a movie length.
It's a 2~3 hours game so yeah, 5 episodes is fine.
Apr 15, 2016 5:38 AM

Nov 2007
Paulo27 said:
The source (Otakomu) does mention it, as well as this

Yes I'm aware that Otakomu and ANN mentioned it, but thank you for providing the image.
Apr 15, 2016 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
Great. Don't really see anything to complain about with the PV so far. Now we can just hope for the best for the adaptation.

Apr 15, 2016 5:42 AM
Mar 2016
Mh. I've "enjoyed" the VN.. so I'm looking forward to this one too! *nods*
Apr 15, 2016 5:54 AM

May 2015
The PV alone was enough to get me hyped. But yea, hopefully the adaptation will be decent at least.

Apr 15, 2016 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
I think 5 episodes length would make sense for this series.

PV looks decent imo.
Apr 15, 2016 5:56 AM

Oct 2014
5 episodes of online streaming... literally means no time restriction/episode. They just need to stop at the right point each time.

YESSS!!!!!!!!
That long years of waiting... looks like it'll be getting paid back in full. :')

btw,
http://planetarian-project.com/
Apr 15, 2016 5:57 AM

Aug 2011
This is one of my fav short VN. I hope they do a good work with adapting it.

» Escapism.

Apr 15, 2016 5:57 AM

Jul 2014
Would be better as a movie. Too cheap for a theatrical release I guess.
Apr 15, 2016 6:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Works for me I guess
Apr 15, 2016 6:01 AM

Oct 2014
the pv look good and i like the cast,I think this could have potential..i might enjoy this
Apr 15, 2016 6:08 AM

Nov 2007
Revvie-chan said:
btw,
http://planetarian-project.com/

Link to official site has already been announced on previous news. Thank you for mentioning, though.
Apr 15, 2016 6:12 AM

Jan 2015
So the movie is an alternative route to the ONA series?
Apr 15, 2016 6:13 AM

May 2015
Xenocrisi said:
So the movie is an alternative route to the ONA series?

https://vndb.org/v11921

A side story.

Apr 15, 2016 6:17 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
ONA with 5 episodes makes sense since the VN is short. Summer couldn't get better!
Apr 15, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 2012
Red_Tuesday said:
Would be better as a movie. Too cheap for a theatrical release I guess.

Oh cmon it looks promising, dont judge till it is out.

The best approach they could have done it with. considering this is the shortest key visual novel. With the game only has about 3 to 4 hours of gameplay.

Looks beautiful and i can't wait to see it. However it looks like i have to wait a bit to watch it subbed sometime in 2017 maybe?. Can't wait

Hmm so we are getting some extra content with an additional movie. i wonder what it iwll be about exaactly.
Apr 15, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2014
Solid staff, David Production and some of the JoJo staff involved, so that's great news as they're great with attention to detail and being faithful to the source material. PV looked very good, has me really interested. Also glad it's getting a 5 episode ONA and a film with another story, sounds like some wise choices, glad we're getting some original content. Also excited to see Little Buster's music composer in the staff list plus Lia and Sayaka Sasaki for theme songs.
Apr 15, 2016 7:15 AM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
I've never played the VN to this but I honestly think the preview looks pretty nice. I wouldn't mind watching, Daisuke Ono's voice also makes it a bonus~
Apr 15, 2016 7:19 AM

May 2009
a 5 episode ONA AND a movie adapting the side-stories... :D

also, FUCK YES Lia for the Movie Theme!!!! Can't have a Key work without Lia ^^
Apr 15, 2016 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
I'm so happy...

This is a dream coming true.
Apr 15, 2016 7:29 AM
Aug 2010
Oh god no please. The VN was too beautiful for it to get butchered with an anime...

Also, the trailer spoiled 99% of the content. I just won't watch this. Planetarian and Hoshino Yumemi herself have an irreplaceable spot on my heart. Inb4 all 4chan-reddit-etc. gets to watch it, makes it viral for god-knows-why, and ends up destroying all the feels this VN gives.
Apr 15, 2016 7:30 AM

Apr 2014
Shekish said:
Oh god no please. The VN was too beautiful for it to get butchered with an anime...

Also, the trailer spoiled 99% of the content. I just won't watch this. Planetarian and Hoshino Yumemi herself have an irreplaceable spot on my heart. Inb4 all 4chan-reddit-etc. gets to watch it, makes it viral for god-knows-why, and ends up destroying all the feels this VN gives.
Then ignore the anime if you dont like it. Will the adaption magically make the source bad lmfao?
Apr 15, 2016 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
>Planetarian anime will be directed and written by Jojo Director and Jojo Writer

This is gonna be the funniest butchered adaptation ever.
I'm expecting Melodrama with menacing while the dramatic guys are doing fabulous pose lol.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 15, 2016 7:52 AM

Apr 2014
Semen-Demon said:
>Planetarian anime will be directed and written by Jojo Director and Jojo Writer

This is gonna be the funniest butchered adaptation ever.
I'm expecting Melodrama with menacing while the dramatic guys are doing fabulous pose lol.
Why? He also directed Inu x Boku SS. No one thought Jojo wasnt going to be like Inu x Boku SS even tho that was his first time as a director.
Apr 15, 2016 8:01 AM

Feb 2012
Its weird how they're putting the main story in ONA but the side one in a movie.
Apr 15, 2016 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
Why not? Seems that davidproduction actually using people carefully without relying too much of success of others but on how they work as a matter of adaptation and original.

Ramkec said:
Its weird how they're putting the main story in ONA but the side one in a movie.

Following the standard of the industry it is but this actually gives more time for the main to get less removed content if they actually intend to adapt the thing faithfully. But then again I'm relying on the information that it is a short VN as mentioned by those who tried it.
Apr 15, 2016 9:15 AM

Dec 2013
When will Key stop genociding cute girls?
Apr 15, 2016 9:41 AM

Jul 2010
I'm really looking forward this, looks even better than the LitBus anime imo.
Apr 15, 2016 10:13 AM

Nov 2015
Looks like some stuff from the drama cds will be in it as well looking at the PV (1:12), awesome. :p
Apr 15, 2016 10:31 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Its a great staff wtf are u talking about people.
''oh no my fav VN is getting adaptated rip ;-;''
Fucking babies here.
Apr 15, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2013
Animation and art looks really GOOD. I didn't expect this by this studio. Rewrite should looks like this as well.. :/

BTW, if Planetarian got an adaptation, then maybe Eden...
With Plus Mosaic as OVA.
rsc-plApr 15, 2016 10:38 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 15, 2016 11:02 AM

Nov 2013
Cherishire said:
I've never played the VN to this but I honestly think the preview looks pretty nice. I wouldn't mind watching, Daisuke Ono's voice also makes it a bonus~

Well if you ever decide to change your mind, the VN isn't that expensive. For example $4 on itunes or 10ish on steam.

I don't see how they can mess up the anime adaptation. The only way to do it wrong was to pacing concerning the episodes. Since they got rid of that, they can basically do it per chapter.
So yeah they've got to be skilled/innovative/creative in order to derail this.
Apr 15, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
I have not played the VN but base on what people told me... and the hours, it makes sense to fit this into 5 episode format if the VN is pretty much 2 hours (this is what a friend told me)
Apr 15, 2016 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
Not a big fan of the character designs, but the production value seems decent and 5 episodes are just the right amount of time needed to adapt the story at a nice and even pace. I don't have much of an opinion on the staff, so I guess I'll be going into this a little blind although it'll be tough to butcher such a straightforward story so I have mild expectations.

Not sure about the movie though as I never looked into the drama CD, but I'll be sure to check it out. Would've ideally preferred the main story to get a movie, but this is fine too.
Apr 15, 2016 3:55 PM

Dec 2012
Tbh I'm just happy that it got adaptation like Rewrite.
Pretty good(or bad Dx) year for Key fans.
Apr 15, 2016 4:04 PM

Apr 2014
Woah, PV was pretty nice. I'll give this a looksee when it starts airing.
Apr 15, 2016 9:39 PM

May 2013
Shekish said:

Oh no, not a faithful visual novel adaptation. How horrible.

Everyone knows anime ruins everything. Even worse when it makes people know about it. Nothing worse than that.

(sarcasm)
"Everyone's carrying something that matters. You just don't realize when you're carrying it. It's only after it slips out of your hand that you realize how heavy it was in the first place. So many times I thought that I'd never carry a load like that ever again. And yet, before I realized it, I was carrying it again. I'd feel so much better if I just got rid of it. But I just can't bring myself to do it." - Sakata Gintoki
Apr 15, 2016 10:43 PM

Nov 2011
lawl is that aqua???

wait a minute, jojo director???? david production??????? WHY??
THEY DON'T NEED TO WORK ON KEY GARBAGE WTF
Apr 16, 2016 4:18 AM

Jul 2013
Looks pretty, never heard of the VN but it sounds good and looks interesting! I wanna watch :)
Apr 16, 2016 7:15 AM

Feb 2015
Well it's Key so I'm definitely going to watch it. Cast seems good.
Apr 16, 2016 12:17 PM

May 2010
And now I have dilemma - wait for anime or finally play the visual novel... Somehow despite being huge Key fangirl I never got around it o_o

Can't wait to check out new songs by Lia, Ceui and Sayaka <3
Apr 16, 2016 12:48 PM

Oct 2014
Kitsu-nee said:
And now I have dilemma - wait for anime or finally play the visual novel... Somehow despite being huge Key fangirl I never got around it o_o

Can't wait to check out new songs by Lia, Ceui and Sayaka <3

Play it. You'll love the story as it is, that way.
(I mean: of course this thing won't be adapted intact. The director will get his hands over it a bit, too.)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Romance Meets Sports: Shouya Chiba, Akari Kitou Bring Us Inside 'Ao no Hako'

tingy - Oct 25

6 by TheMechaManiac »»
25 minutes ago

» 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Unveils More Cast, Staff, First Promo, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 23

4 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

» In Pursuit of Egoism: The Essence of 'Blue Lock'

Kineta - Oct 24

6 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 10:09 AM

» Light Novel 'Blade & Bastard' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Oct 20

11 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 19

38 by Will_ns »»
Oct 25, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.