Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2015 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol what's with the shoe? That girl is a bit hotheaded.

I gotta admit though, this episode had a weird vibe to it. We also got a battle of mecha in the second half, like a clash of Titans or something. Fun. Almost reminds me of Transformers somewhat. The diverse amount of supernatural powers is actually quite something now...

Nov 29, 2015 7:21 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Decent episode overall. First half was kind of slow. Those Transformers robot action were pretty great at the end.

4/5
Nov 29, 2015 7:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
An immortal family huh....That was pretty interesting
Nov 29, 2015 8:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
We definitely get more and more information now why Jiro left the bureau.
Nov 29, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2010
An immortal family was interesting, yet really sad in general. Unable to stay in a place for a long time, living a life of avoidance where they no longer connect to people outside their family, as I can only imagine a part of the horror they went through, where some time down the road, the cycle of experiments and being physically separated would continue on. Yet it is merely from the perspective of us (mortals), if anything else, it is definitely clear that they have their own happiness, also with a strong determination to create harmony despite humanity's faults by facing their problems head on without causing troubles to others.

Jiro's unconditional desire to protect the superhumans, it would be a better world if it would become such a widespread belief, to protect superhumans for the sake of protection, and not to abuse them for war or any other sort of resources.

Would Jiro die trying to change the world, or perhaps actually manage to change the world. Merely attempting to save a particular group or individual is just a quick fix, as the underlying issue itself is the actual problem . It was good to see how Jiro's ideals diverge yet goes in line with what the bureau does.
Nov 29, 2015 9:07 AM

Dec 2014
An immortal family, huh? Interesting.

Kikko didn't need Uru's help to learn how children are made ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 29, 2015 9:40 AM

Sep 2014
I was pretty sad when they just died, but it was pretty badass how they just regenerated and walked off.
Nov 29, 2015 10:10 AM

Dec 2014
I liked this one a bit. Also, I swear I missed something, but when was it first mentioned that Jiro left the Bureau due to its unethical morals? Needless to say, I'm interested in this subplot either way.
Nov 29, 2015 10:25 AM

Sep 2015
Immortal doesnt count as a superhuman, they are beyond comprehension. Totally agreed.

Jiro's ideal is not all correct and justice =(
there is no such thing as 100% free meal. If superhumans are to be protected by the country, of course they must contribute back to the country. Exploitation is just another way of saying it thats all.
Nov 29, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
I don't even know how i feel about this ep... But one thing for sure, when i saw the truck, the first thing that popped in my mind was Optimus Prime :D
Nov 29, 2015 11:36 AM

Feb 2015
My god immortal family...
even though they are immortal, they can still feel the pain. how can they smile when they knew that they will feel a really shit pain? don't tell me they have already get used to it. that is really horrible. i can't even saw they scream when they were about to die.

Nice battle anyway, i pretty like it.
Nov 29, 2015 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Oh my gosh, I never expected that the whole family is immortal!
Nov 29, 2015 1:17 PM

Jul 2007
Very good episode again.

I guess this is just after Jiro leaves the bureau but before he goes all desperate red-scarf-wearing-antihero?

So most likely he learns about something he can't agree with AND then is unable to stop whatever from happening resulting in the further flashback state of the world.

The immortal family was also very cool concept and I like that Jiro's definition of them surpassing humans is that they are above the concept of harm. The definition of humanity is harming others. Quite fitting. There's also something very scifi about the concept of them outliving whole civilization.
Nov 29, 2015 1:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Tevens said:
My god immortal family...
even though they are immortal, they can still feel the pain. how can they smile when they knew that they will feel a really shit pain? don't tell me they have already get used to it. that is really horrible.

To put it into their perspective, it's hinted that they have existed since the beginning of Earth so they are clearly not human but more like ancient gods (that do not have other powers than to exist eternally)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 29, 2015 5:02 PM

Jun 2014
Starting to get a good feel for why Jiro left the Bureau. I love how this show doesnt just give away definite answers, but rather you have to put 2 and 2 together and make inferences.
Nov 29, 2015 7:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was sad af.
Really happy that they didnt really died but damn.
Nov 30, 2015 2:28 AM

Aug 2013
So, this seems to be the first episode towards the transition.

Because at this point, Jirou left the Bureau, but he wasn't a full fledged enemy of the Bureau with his ripped outfit and scarf yet.

He was at a point where he didn't agree with them, but he was still willing to cooperate with them for the similar end goal of helping the super humans.

We also get some insight over why he left the Bureau too.

The government obviously doesn't like superhumans. They want to deny/cover up their existence altogether and use them for experiments.

The Bureau "cares" about superhumans, but at a cost. They want to register and protect superhumans from discrimination, but they're willing to make deals and bargains with bad people, and willing to exploit superhumans as a cost. They want to further their own agenda.

Jirou is against the Bureau because he thinks they're misleading. Jirou wants all superhumans to be free and able to live an everyday life. No government leashes, no being taken in but secretly experimented on. Almost seems like he wants superhumans and humans to be able to live openly and cohesively.

This episode kind of showed the true character of the Bureau too. They were totally ok with kidnapping this family after they were all together to experiment on them with the Americans. Then we had Jaguar who was ready to fight with Jirou, and then Emi with her cunt tone "I'm not mad with you Jirou, so you can come on back". Implying that the Bureau's actions are ok and Jirou is the one who is wrong.

Not saying Jirou's way of thinking is completely right. Obviously if you let superhumans just live openly you're going to wind up in a world like Kekkai Sensen with shit just going crazy 24/7.

But I also think it's completely wrong for superhmans to basically be prisoners in exchange for safety. Like, oh, we'll protect you from the government, but in exchange: you'll fight for us and do work for us when we say so. We'll run experiments and tests and torture you to further our cause. If you're dangerous or strong we'll suppress or imprison you.
Nov 30, 2015 2:43 AM

Jan 2009
Ahhhhhhh yes - keeps on getting more and more interesting.

This episode was great overall and finally we have some real info on how Jiro(-SENPAI) doesn't get on well with the Bureau.
Nov 30, 2015 3:09 AM

Jan 2011
The American robot sort of looked like an Autobot, while Kikko's looked liked a Decepticon. Coincidence? I think not!
Nov 30, 2015 6:00 AM

Sep 2014
Was a decent episode, everything made sense again.
Nov 30, 2015 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
Wow, an immortal family? Very interesting... The episode was really good.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Nov 30, 2015 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
damn man that's just overkill and an immortal family interesting
Nov 30, 2015 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
It must suck to be immortal :(
I guess they need to be destroyed at an atomic level not just at a molecular level.

LOL jaguar is literally a jaguar XD

Jiro leaving the bureau isn't that big of an incident then :O
They aren't angry or anything.
Nov 30, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2007
ichii_1 said:

Clearly something else happens because this Jiro still is not wearing his scarf and tattered clothes and is not trying to bring down the bureau with his own team of superhumans.
Nov 30, 2015 5:52 PM

Sep 2011
the best episode yet, this was the closest the show has gotten to the future in the timeline and its finally getting around to showing just how corrupt and fucked up everything is becoming that causes the future events to be so devastated. I definitely think the first cour will end with why jirou ends up leaving and probably end on a downer moment while the 2nd cour will be entirely in the future which will be pretty hype.

This really was the underdog of the seaosn for me, both cause its a guaranteed failure, barely anyone is watching it, and it itself had alot a hole it needed to get out of due to its poorly handled first couple episodes but its really finding its own place and personality now. I just hope its atrocious sales done jeopardize its 2nd cour like what happened to buddy complex, cause unlike that souless show i actually think concrete has legit potential and while episodic its not bumbling around with its thumb up its ass and is instead building things up quite nicely (give or take ep 6)

CookingPriest said:
ichii_1 said:

Clearly something else happens because this Jiro still is not wearing his scarf and tattered clothes and is not trying to bring down the bureau with his own team of superhumans.
raito in episode 3 was talking about how many youths died and whatnot, I think this episode solidifies that due to the bearu's actions a massive war with tons of casualties is probably the result of all they have been doing, its probably then when jiro goes from being a reluctant ally to full blown enemy

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 1, 2015 9:18 AM

Nov 2014
what a good episode,i almost cryed when the family was killed :( but then they revived xD
Dec 1, 2015 4:00 PM

May 2015
Interesting episode. Immortality. Indeed, that's beyond our understanding.

Dec 1, 2015 4:12 PM

Oct 2011
Jiro already left the bearu at this point : 0
Dec 1, 2015 6:27 PM

Mar 2009
I thought this was a brilliant episode, yet very sad. Would have been even sadder had the family not survived at the very end, but they managed to pull through. All the same, what a tragic life they lead.
Dec 3, 2015 3:39 AM

Jan 2010
I was reading various topics, but none with a clear answer , so I'll ask again , someone has SURE it will be two cours ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Dec 3, 2015 5:34 AM

Aug 2014
WillKamio said:
I was reading various topics, but none with a clear answer , so I'll ask again , someone has SURE it will be two cours ?

It was first announced as two cours, but MAL says it's 13 eps, there is no separate entry for second cour, and official website lists only 13 eps. However by the pace of the plot progression I would say they should be 2 cours. Ergo, no one knows.
Dec 4, 2015 1:06 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Araneae said:
WillKamio said:

It was first announced as two cours, but MAL says it's 13 eps, there is no separate entry for second cour, and official website lists only 13 eps. However by the pace of the plot progression I would say they should be 2 cours. Ergo, no one knows.

Yeah this could end up like Buddy Complex, like Jizzy mentioned, where it was initially announced/rumored to be split cours but ended up with 2 OVAs to end the story because of low sales...hopefully that's not the case.
Dec 4, 2015 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
That was pretty interesting, they were prepared to "die" just to get rid of that retro American Gundam.

Still, they rose from the ashes, or sludge and became whole again. Jirou being over passionate about his beliefs as usual.
臭い-
Dec 13, 2015 2:21 AM
Mar 2012
OP optimus prime vs megatron & friends.
Pretty nice story, feels like preview to Ajin or... pupa.
What's with drivers jumping out of 4 cars?
Who needs cars. Jaguar for real.
Feb 4, 2016 5:24 AM

May 2012
A decent episode, that ending sure was nice! Let's see what's next.
Sep 2, 2017 11:14 PM

Dec 2012
Dat Engrish.
Hello, Nee-san. You are my waifu.
How old is Jaguar?
Holy shit at the ants.
So my waifu is immortal. Eternal waifu.
Nee-san oppai. She's so fine.
My waifu's name is Sanae. Dat booty.
Jiro appears.
Wow. Now we know why he's really called Jaguar.
NO! SANAE!!!
SANAE IS BACK! Dat oppai.

I'll miss you Sanae. You were so fine. You'll always be my eternal waifu.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 21, 2018 2:04 AM
Mar 2017
Still, they rose from the ashes, or sludge and became whole again. Jirou being over passionate about his beliefs as usual.

Reference to the bible.
Man born from the mud ...
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 29, 2022 5:03 AM

Aug 2017
So the sister and brother of the family are a "couple" with a kid, huh?

That US robot looked like a transformer.
Aug 31, 7:34 AM

Dec 2014
The Immortal boy rejected the idea of life starting by mere co-incidence. The mystery surrounding the family is really thought provoking. especially the mental impact on living endlessly. The fact that the family members seem to become immortal at different life stage makes me wonder if it was just magic cast upon the family.
What I don't understand is the school going kids called the Lady their sister while the man their brother. How were they all related in terms of family member?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

188 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 19, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

67 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.