Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2010 9:58 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mike Murdoch must die for killing the Hornets' winning streak along with the owner. That stupid owner made a terrible trade. Audience likes winners not losers which would be better business. This season is leaving me with much bad taste with the losing streaks.
Jun 21, 2010 2:40 AM

Jan 2010
Lang said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mike Murdoch must die for killing the Hornets' winning streak along with the owner. That stupid owner made a terrible trade. Audience likes winners not losers which would be better business. This season is leaving me with much bad taste with the losing streaks.
It's going to get a lot better. I've looked into the manga, even tho there's no translations for it, the pictures itself tell me that this season will be as good as S5 in my opinion.
Jun 21, 2010 6:35 AM

Dec 2008
Well, I figured I wouldn't like Murdoch and I was right. He might get better, I don't know. The owner seems to like instant money not long-term goals to make money.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 21, 2010 8:55 AM

Jun 2009
now there are two characters that pisses me off......one is the hornet's manager and the other one is Murdoch but maybe in the later episodes I might change my mind on Murdoch......as for the Manager I'll always hate him
Jun 21, 2010 8:57 AM

Jul 2008
RapToR said:
now there are two characters that pisses me off......one is the hornet's manager and the other one is Murdoch but maybe in the later episodes I might change my mind on Murdoch......as for the Manager I'll always hate him

And I wanna punch Sanders for some reason.
Jun 22, 2010 4:14 AM

Apr 2010
-------------------- -- --

tche this episode is not good..
Jun 22, 2010 4:16 AM

Apr 2010
---------------------------------- -- --

hm i guess Mike Murdoch can't throw a ball
maybe next episode goro will help him to
throw a ball with have a direction......

maybe because of that, throw...... many
get angry and thats why he want to punch the
one who tell him...
Jun 23, 2010 1:53 AM

Jul 2009
Lang said:
RapToR said:

Because of his beard?
Jun 24, 2010 10:31 PM

May 2009
Laevantein said:
Lang said:
RapToR said:

Because of his beard?
Because his opinions are worthless. He's usually wrong, yet but can't keep his mouth shut. So annoying.
Jun 25, 2010 6:04 AM
Sep 2007
So I finally started watching Major Season 6 and so far a let down, no matter what I could always enjoy Major to the fullest and give it a 10. I really hope things change, I'll just waited for this whole season to come out.
Hi
Jun 25, 2010 6:25 AM
Apr 2009
I liked it, but it got me thinking. Maybe that Murdoch guy isn't as bad as everyone says he is. I know he picks fight, but it must have been brought to our attention that he may not have thrown the ball away on purpose for some reason. And then at the end he looked all sad when he read the article about being called a curse. I think it may take a few episodes, but the Murdoch situation might work out. I hope so at least.
Anyway, it was an interesting episode and I'm looking forward to more.Too bad I won't be able to access internet for the next six weeks, so I can't watch any anime in that time, but I'll find a way to live without it, I guess. :(
(\___/)
(="."=)
(")__(")
Jun 29, 2010 8:00 AM

Jun 2010
that Murdoch guy is pretty annoying... but maybe there will be some sore of event that will help the team cooperate with him, I guess.
-= Space for Rent =-
Sep 4, 2010 4:16 PM

Dec 2007
Murdoch is useless. He is really a curse.
Sep 8, 2010 6:45 PM

Aug 2010
I knew that things wouldn't go smoothly. However, I'm sure that Shigeno Goro will apologize to Murdoch and show that he's got his back in other ways. If the team all got along and had Murdoch and Keene then they would finally be able to score. I mean, the main reason they have lost in the past is because they don't score enough points.
Dec 26, 2010 12:42 PM

Apr 2009
esse Mike... será msm culpado das derrotas??

será q ele erro de propósito?
Midori ^^
Sep 23, 2013 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
Its okay Shigeno you can punch the crap out of Murdoch.
Feb 1, 2014 12:47 AM

May 2012
Fight!! Fight!!! Fight!!! I love the fights. And although I hate this Murdoch guy, his new character addition makes the story more interesting. So much for that stupid owner. He is worse than that Kaido dude with glasses.
Apr 10, 2014 2:30 AM

Dec 2012
Ah looks like the idiocy of the owner has finally shown. Egashira's successor! From the looks of it, Murdoch is probably enjoying the attention he gets as a "curse." Man I'm worried he's going to go apeshit on Goro soon.
Apr 12, 2014 3:15 AM

Nov 2009
This season is so annoying to watch.
Jan 6, 2015 9:24 PM

Nov 2009
I kind of feel like Murdoch isn't really as evil as he comes off as, rather he kind of just gets pissed easily and decides to take on the role that people are placing him in. Kind of misunderstood, although I could be extremely wrong about that too.
Aug 10, 2015 10:18 AM

Jan 2013
Fairly good episode, not the most exciting arc.
Aug 15, 2015 11:29 AM

Jun 2009
past experience with major tells me there's more to murdoch than we know.
Nov 17, 2015 11:32 PM

Nov 2015
Why are you all hating on Murdoch, it's clear that he's hurt about all this. Obviously some kind of misunderstanding created this rumor and then whenever he was sent to a new team they treated him badly because of his bad name. It's only natural he'd have a bad attitude if no one is gonna fucking trust him. He has guts to stay in the professional world when people are giving him this kind of treatment. No one has his back either, you can't expect him to get back on his feet on his own. No doubt he made himself get hit on purpose just for the team. Wouldn't wanna be friends with any of you in the real life.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Jan 4, 2016 3:40 AM

Mar 2015
Shiki said:
Why are you all hating on Murdoch, it's clear that he's hurt about all this. Obviously some kind of misunderstanding created this rumor and then whenever he was sent to a new team they treated him badly because of his bad name. It's only natural he'd have a bad attitude if no one is gonna fucking trust him. He has guts to stay in the professional world when people are giving him this kind of treatment. No one has his back either, you can't expect him to get back on his feet on his own. No doubt he made himself get hit on purpose just for the team. Wouldn't wanna be friends with any of you in the real life.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Part of being a professional is learning to control your emotions. Murdoch is someone who can't, obviously. And if he wanted, he'd try for a new start with the Hornets. But no, he's just going remain a thug. He didn't make himself get hit on purpose, either. He wouldn't have thrown his bat and get pissed off at the pitcher. Makes no sense to get mad at someone for something you did.
Anyway, owner is a bum, Goro will prob end up changing Murdoch.
May 2, 2016 2:27 PM

Feb 2013
I'm sure that Murdoch will change.
Too bad that they lost 5 in a row just after he signed, Keane was unlucky there.
Sep 28, 2017 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
I do agree with Watts to the extent that there's no way to really know if Murdoch's error was intentional or not, though his attitude sucks all the same. It's hard to see how he's even a good player on paper with him performing this badly at batting too.

That sucks for Keane and the whole team, really.

Let's see how this goes.
Feb 7, 2018 7:30 AM

Nov 2016
New member is a jerk,but of course Gorou is going to change him.

Dat run of him was really super lucky.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 20, 2018 9:11 AM

Jul 2016
Murdoch is a total lunatic, but what Watts stated was true, you really don't know if he did that on purpose. But you cannot blame Goro for thinking that way since Murdoch has a shit attitude and comes off as a bully. At least Goro, a 19 year old rookie of all things, stepped up and tried to show who the leader of the team was, even though he did not handle it in the most assertive way. I was waiting for Keene or someone else to do it, but nobody did. So good for Goro.

Like everybody on here has stated, Murdoch will for sure come around and will be accepted by the team. That's probably all he wants anyway, just has a bad way of showing it.

Btw, I am a Red Sox fan and Murdoch looks like a jacked version of Hanley Ramirez :). Also, Ramirez was not the most stable human being when he was on the Sox (was cut during the season this year) and did not exactly have all his neurons firing in the correct direction about 90% of the time :).
Oct 21, 2021 3:21 AM

Jul 2015
F for our boy Roy and also Keene who got caught in the crossfire...

Goro himself is troublesome and even Keene at some point during the Minor League was troublesome but Murdoch takes that to a whole another level with his thug attitude.

Nov 5, 2023 7:18 AM

Apr 2016
Well, here we go again. The problematic player and the evil owner. We get one of each in every Major season. Hope this get solved in just one episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 22 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Sep 6, 2010

26 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 12, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 19 Discussion

LegendFury - Aug 15, 2010

30 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:11 PM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 11 Discussion

VitaX - Jun 13, 2010

27 by Daninokuni »»
Nov 4, 2023 8:24 AM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Sep 25, 2010

96 by Hazll »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:10 PM

Poll: » Major S6 Episode 1 Discussion

llamaben - Apr 3, 2010

47 by Meranwise »»
Dec 8, 2022 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.