Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 21, 2015 12:52 PM

Feb 2014
Natsumi's cat-face expression was soo cute! Same with Renge's pouting face! =3

Anyway, the episode was more refreshing and funnier compared to last week. Renge lecturing Kazuho about motivation was pretty amusing, considering that she's was spot on about Kazuho's laziness and lack of motivation, but the first half of the episode was more enjoyable.

Natsumi's lack of effort really showed with that 0 on her test, although she was very amusing to watch with her hilarious answers. Upon seeing Kazuho making a fool of herself, credit to Natsumi for put in some effort into her studying and getting a good score. I wonder if she can keep that consistent from now on...
Jul 21, 2015 12:56 PM

Dec 2013
This whole show is making my heart melt.

Renchon is so cute I'm dying on the inside.

This episode was amazing. I loved how the brother was trying so hard even after his glasses were taken. And how Renchon is putting out so many emotions this episode. Shes the best.

5/5 this episode is amazing. I love this show so much.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 21, 2015 1:03 PM

Mar 2015
Ah, the bane of every literature class ever:
Jul 21, 2015 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
This was fun and cute was always! The "woof" moment was priceless and it seems from the preview, that next week we'll have much more Ren-chon :)
Now that I've watched 3 episodes, I'm not really sure why is is rated higher than the first season. I like it but I'm not loving it like I loved the first season.
Jul 21, 2015 7:38 PM

Oct 2013
Last night I decided to watch episode 3 of season 1 after I finished the latest episode of Repeat. EP 3/S 1 is where Kazuho has her students plant rice seedlings in her family's fields followed by Natsumi and Komari 'running away'. I found it cool that their tiger mom mentions Natsumi's zero score on her test, showing how each episode of season 2 fits in slightly before the episodes of season 1
Jul 22, 2015 2:54 AM

Jun 2014
Nee-nee is hopeless..
Jul 22, 2015 4:19 AM
Sep 2014
Axelucard_ said:
i wrote my name but i still got a zero i demand retribution!!!!

Retribution:
Punishment inflicted in the spirit of moral outrage or personal vengeance.

Sure you can have it.
Jul 22, 2015 5:25 AM

Jan 2011
Another fun, relaxing and hilarious episode of Non Non Biyori Repeat. The first half with the tests were fun. Natsumi sure has a tough time with them. I laughed my ass off when Ren-chon slowly moved her body and mouth and did the 'Whoof' sound; that was cute, random and hilarious!! xD Natsumi being confident at spouting out random answers for the science practice test was the best.

The second half was quite relaxing was the most part. Kazu-nee pretty much doing a maths version of Dragon Quest with Renge was fun. Renge leading Kazu-nee outside and when the others saw her thinking that she's going crazy and that eventually made Natsumi motivated to study was downright hilarious. Natsumi passed with a 75!! Kazu-nee dreaming about curry, best way to end it. :D
5/5
Jul 22, 2015 6:41 AM

Nov 2010
Ren chon was fantastic again, Whoof! :3
So unexpected from her
Jul 22, 2015 7:22 AM
Jan 2014
Enjoyable episode. I wonder if Onii-san passed his exam, he had no glasses.
Jul 22, 2015 7:39 AM

May 2013
Renge looked like the big sister here haha. Also, omg Natsumi dat answers tho.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 22, 2015 7:41 AM

Mar 2015
NinjaTuna6 said:
Enjoyable episode. I wonder if Onii-san passed his exam, he had no glasses.

He have glasses after timeskip.

I think, he somehow received his glasses back. Maybe teacher said to give his glasses back, or even Nattsun have bored.
Jul 22, 2015 8:23 AM

Oct 2012
Loved it.
Loved the first and second episode aswell.
Didn't really feel the second part was all that dragged out, episode was over before I knew it.
Been a huge fan of SoL for years and barely watch anything else, some rare exceptions.
So I'm pretty much used to and still love episodes like this one.
Along with previous episodes.
And for people who want more scenery, it's still only episode 3. ;p
Loving the way they've done this, it being in the same timeframe as the first season but showing scenes inbetween scenes in the first season.
Reminds me of hidamari sketch which jumps back and forth in time all the time. xD
KatsJul 22, 2015 8:37 AM
Jul 22, 2015 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
Natsumi is fucking exquisite. Best of the season
Jul 22, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
How did she get 0 with all those checkmarks? And Rolling Revolver is now what that part of a microscope is called, because that is a much better name.
Jul 22, 2015 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
DlynK said:
The cake is still a lie.

Poor Renchon. T_T

I hurt myself laughing. Poor kid.
Jul 22, 2015 1:18 PM

Nov 2013
MoeGod said:
Depends on what you like on SoL shows in the first place. I'm not surprised there are many who would find the first season really boring (for me it was somewhere in the middle, neither too boring nor too good). Imo SoL anime without comedy is like bread without butter.. then again some people like their bread without butter. A great SoL needs to find balance in soothing your heart while also providing a good dose of comedy. That's why Aria is so great because it's the one anime that has that perfect balance, and that's also why I find it weird that you mentioned Aria since it has a good dose of cute funny (at times downright hilarious) moments as much as any comedy SoL. I mean not every episode of Aria showed you the wonders of Aqua in length, right? sometimes it's just full character interactions interspersed with comedy like this NNB episode (for example the episode showing the three fairies' past or the episode where Akari visited Orange Company)

I'm aware that the Aria series has its fair share of humorous moments, but unlike SoL comedies, Aria offers much more than just laughs. To me, Aria's comedy is actually a nonfactor in why it's so great; it's great because of its setting and overall atmosphere, which is why I mentioned it alongside NNB, a show that's similar in those regards. There are few SoL anime that even possess those elements in the first place. Let's not forget that the Aria series has this sense of progression that culminates in an incredibly powerful conclusion, which is arguably the primary aspect that sets it apart from its brethren.

There's plenty of great SoL that don't focus on making the audience laugh: see Fuujin Monogatari, Akage no Anne, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, and Omoide Poroporo. Even Mushishi would fit the bill. All of these also happen to be among my favorites, so I guess you could say that I'm not a fan of the typical slapstick humor I see in many SoL shows. I'm also of the opinion that NNB and the Aria series would be far better if they had toned down their comedic moments (most instances of which I found unamusing), but I'm most likely in the minority regarding this.
Jul 22, 2015 4:34 PM

Oct 2011
Nice test scores.
Jul 22, 2015 10:14 PM
Jan 2015
redtailrav said:
Last night I decided to watch episode 3 of season 1 after I finished the latest episode of Repeat. EP 3/S 1 is where Kazuho has her students plant rice seedlings in her family's fields followed by Natsumi and Komari 'running away'. I found it cool that their tiger mom mentions Natsumi's zero score on her test, showing how each episode of season 2 fits in slightly before the episodes of season 1

Thanx for checking. I was curious as to whether each of these episodes fit in before or after individual season 1 episodes
Jul 22, 2015 10:18 PM
Jan 2015
When will we get to see Candy Store again? Kaede is awesome especially when she interacts with Ren-chon
Jul 22, 2015 11:51 PM
Jul 2018
Monjoex said:
Ahh yes..renge is cute as always.
Jul 23, 2015 12:19 AM

Jan 2013
Well it must be tough teaching so many grade levels at the same time.
Great episode, want to see Kazuho open her eyes
Jul 23, 2015 8:45 AM
Jan 2010
vodall said:

This shot alone affirms my assumption that the director no longer takes pride in the project.

Another boring episode. Seems the show used up all of the manga's best content in the first season, and now we're being desperately fed leftovers on a silver platter (to subjective degrees of success).

fucking autist lmao
Jul 23, 2015 11:05 AM

May 2013
Sokah said:
How did she get 0 with all those checkmarks?

In japan a check mark equals an X, an O equals a check mark. That is why in many animes you see people making an O with both arms to mean it is ok/correct; same thing we do using just one hand.
Jul 24, 2015 12:36 AM

Apr 2011
The 2nd half is super boring. Not even Renchon can save it.
Jul 24, 2015 6:37 AM

May 2015
Refreshing episode again. This episode had a lot of Renge during the second half. Love it. Her sister's so lazy, lol.

Jul 24, 2015 10:54 AM

May 2011
Dat Renge pout. HNNNNNNG-

There's a lot of great shows this season. Surprisingly, Non Non Biyori is not my favorite of the season, but it's still amazing. I'd like to see more of the usual crew and their SOL jokes though. That sensei half was OK.
Jul 30, 2015 6:08 AM

May 2010
Natsun, I so agree with you! It's stupid when they ask us the author's feelings. Sure, it's to check out whether we understand others or not but still bleh.

"Whoof." Renge is an angel, that's exactly how studying is.

Natsume is so much cuter this season, "purr meow" <3 She still has her annoying younger sister parts tho (but those are what make her realistic)

"Sasanaka-san's grandpa" I laughed for a good 5 mins. Why so hilarious? This is the kind of jokes which make you laugh, not those dirty jokes which are way too overhyped and not even that funny. Lmao Suguru bending way down to concentrate on his test, too good lmao

Poor Renge, she got 100 but still got assigned homework. I can relate to her. Loved her speech which she gave to her sis. That rpg-esque study system, would 100 percent study. Renge's sis works hard too, even if doesn't look like that... Well, at least she tries. This is all so heartwarming.

Man, Renge actually managed to motivate her sis. I bet she would make a great teacher one day, I would take her class if I could. And lol, Natsumi actually took her lesson, too.

Qheema huh. It's actually qeema, but whatever.

I just looooved this so much.

Mich666 said:
I beg to differ. I really enjoyed the first season a lot more. Whole point of walking and enjoying the countryside in the first season was precisely the thing that made it unique. It felt both relaxing and heartwarming. Of course, provided one had the right mood to watch it. But the way it is now, this show is just like every other SoL comedy show.

So just because NNB had a boost in comedy, it makes it average? Not every SOL is as pure as NNB is. There are no dirty jokes, but instead we have some pure and creative ones. This is still healing, even if it is a different form of it. The nature still is there, everything is still beautiful. Renge life lessons are still preach-worthy. I think you should rewatch the 2nd season again. That's all I would say.
TragicRomanceJul 30, 2015 6:21 AM
Jul 30, 2015 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
Ren is more mature than her sister lol, it was so cute that she was worried about her sister's behave as teacher.
Aug 2, 2015 1:59 AM

Oct 2008
Episode 3 was so epic it made me laugh a lot!
This show won't be complete without Renge!
"Whoof" Ren-chon you never cease to amaze me!
LOL at Ren-chon...when her eyes fades away like yandere cuz of shortcake lie from nee-nee.
Ren-chon so brutal on making fun of nee-nee!
10/5.
matias067Aug 2, 2015 2:10 AM

Aug 3, 2015 4:48 PM

Nov 2012
Laid back as always. Better than the Disney Channel shows my little sister always watches, that for sure.

Hope Meter (1000/1000)
Aug 6, 2015 11:27 AM

Feb 2012
It's strange that Kazuho uses video games as a motivating factor, I don't remember seeing any PC or console in their house. Has Renge even played video games?

Though I vaguely remember a console in the Koshigaya house; so she has played some there perhaps.
Aug 12, 2015 7:04 PM

Dec 2013
Haha very entertaining episode! I feel bad for nii-chan without his eyeglasses, I can relate haha! well, Kazuho, I wonder if will be motivated lol. I always see her sleepy haha Dekopon!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 27, 2015 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
So I'm watching Non Non Biyori Repeat episodes for a third time through and I noticed another bit of foreshadowing between Season 2 and Season 1

In the scene at the house during the second half, Kazu-nee has a Kubota tractor catalog open on the table and the page is open to rice-planters, like the one she is driving during the rice-planting field trip in Episode 3/Season 1.

Nice attention to little details like that is cool.
Aug 28, 2015 7:53 AM

Oct 2012
Lol Ren-chon is so adult like not like her onee-san
Dekopon!!
Nice motivation there!! xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 29, 2015 4:01 AM
Dec 2012
These makes me laugh so hard... "Rolling Revolver!" & "Woah! This guy has a toothbrush stuck in his nose!"
Sep 4, 2015 7:27 AM

Sep 2014
Hilarious! I really liked Kazuho. :3
Sep 14, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
Funny episode, finally comes to life's big sister Renge in the narrative, giving a bit of characterization to her. Humor and sympathy are present throughout the narrative, very beautiful drawings and set designs. Animations discreet, bright and warm colors suit the atmosphere. I hope that the sister of Renge bait in the future.
Sep 22, 2015 1:25 PM

May 2012
Renge is a huge troll :v But damn this is so good :3 just love it :D
Oct 12, 2015 9:49 PM

Sep 2011
"I'm not the author! How am I supposed to know!?
They were probably thinking, 'crap, my deadline's coming!'"
I loved that part.
Oct 31, 2015 4:49 PM

Feb 2014
Renge is the kawaii-est troll ever lol I love how she tricks Kazuho into motivating herself.

Natsumi is like me when it comes to studying ^^ I was just like her, slacking away from my studies in high school.

Great episode. 9/10
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jan 25, 2016 1:00 AM

Aug 2013
Yada-yada.. Nattsun still having grown out of her brother complex eh.. xD

Ren-chan is evil... LOL that last scene is priceless.
Apr 5, 2016 9:25 AM

Aug 2014
Kazuho is the best teacher ever LOL.
Apr 13, 2016 12:05 PM

Jun 2015
That dude got his glasses stolen and he STILL didn't say a word?! I guess we'll never hear him talk. I must say it disappoints me more than it should.

And yeah, the cake is a lie. Poor Ren, she looked so depressed, craving cake and all.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jun 26, 2016 9:35 PM

Feb 2016
That 'woof' move by renge was priceless also the fight against fruit.
Nov 17, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
Ren-chon's sister must be one of the laziest people in anime ^^
Jun 28, 2017 7:20 PM

Mar 2012
the cake is a lie huehuehaha
Sep 1, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2016
I really loved the part of the OP where them 4 are marching. It's sooo cute. Kyaaaa!

I was laughing throughout this episode because of Natsumi's shenanigans and Ren-chon's big sister being dense af. Hahaha. Ohmygod I love this show so much! Gaaaaah!

I lost it at Kazuho's being made fun by Ren-chon!

And, Natsumi, omedetou gozaimasu for passing your test! Yaaaas! Yoku yatta!

P.S. Natsumi, why you gotta be mean to your onii-san, and oh my god their onii-san is handsome without glasses. Hory shet!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 14, 2018 3:08 PM

Feb 2017
With every passing day, I feel more like Kazuho.
May 15, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2016
The cake bait triggered something in Ren-chon and a part of her, the one responsible for trusting others died xD

Also Natsumi and her stupid answers, it's almost a miracle that she reached 75% haha.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2015

162 by Puncheon »»
Jul 1, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

114 by nirererin »»
Jul 1, 12:03 AM

» Random Fact: Non Non Biyori and Repeat took place at around 2004.

VaasMontenegro - Aug 17, 2021

12 by bassyey »»
Mar 4, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2015

122 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2015

95 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.