Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2013 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat determination. Working their ass off huh?

Yup, overworking, never a good idea tbh. Anyways, nice episode as usual. Personally, I think Eiji's zombie idea for his manga still is well crafted together. It definitely stands a chance.

And Miho's call was funny to here. Nervous much :p
Feb 9, 2013 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
To think that he felt easy about the schedule (Too careless), then seeing Saikou's face like that in anime is... :( Severe battle between them. About whether to be able to change rivals or not. Azuki in magazine in anime is cute. Setting goal for REVERSI that only quality is be done.

lol @ the phone call during Azuki's first ever radio.

Salaryman mangaka's love?
tsubasaloverFeb 9, 2013 4:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 9, 2013 11:41 AM

Jan 2011
haha Mashiro is really overworking in this episode. Wtf is this zombie face XD?

Feb 9, 2013 1:49 PM

May 2012
what?? is it too early for the ep?? still waiting for subs..

Feb 10, 2013 9:28 AM
Jan 2012
really, why no subs yet :( I follow at nyaatorrents.
Feb 11, 2013 12:52 AM

Feb 2012
You guys aren't really suppose to complain about not having subs in the discussion threads... It's been mentioned more then once that the subs for bakuman can be a bit unstable.

-

I wonder if they plan to end bakuman this season or have another? I read over some of the manga and they seemed to have completely skipped a part about...

Just in case it's in a spoiler.
Feb 11, 2013 1:12 AM

Jan 2011
Mashiro and the assistants overworked like crazy. I seriously like seeing them being so determined to reach the deadline even if it means overworking and not sleeping for days. Mashiro looked like a zombie though lmao. Ogawa coming to the rescue with 2 of his colleagues to help out was such an awesome move. Reversi came 1st three weeks in a row but then Zombie Gun regained its crown. Haha Miho is featured on a magazine and was on the radio. Mashiro's reactions are so funny when it comes to Miho; pure love. xD The ending got me so hyped. LET'S GO, REVERSI FTW! :P
Feb 11, 2013 2:58 AM

May 2012
So Reversi won't last long huh? Yup, just like Death Note! :D
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Feb 11, 2013 3:53 AM

Jun 2012
Haha that little mini arc of trying to write 3 series in one week was interesting, especially everyone's exhausted faces.

I wish more series followed what Ashirogi Muto talked about here. Yes the editors would find it fantastic if you can keep up a series without the story taking a dip but how realistic is it? Yes manga is a business but sometimes I wish publishers(Shueisha, Kodansha and even Shogakukan) had the guts to end more series when the story is naturally at its end.

With the obvious parallels to Death Note I'm going to go on a mini aside. Reversi and how it plays out is ideally how Obata wanted DN to happen in the past. I know everyone says Death Note should have ended after L died but honestly I still think Light should die at the end of the story. If Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata planned ahead of time the second half it could have been more cohesive with the first(though it's still enjoyable just not as much as the first rivalry until the end)
Feb 11, 2013 4:13 AM

Dec 2009
A few episodes ago:

"WE WON'T LET CROW END AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Now:

"We should totally end Reversi when we want to"

Right.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 11, 2013 4:36 AM

Jul 2011
So...they finally have decided to make Death Note huh?! :)
Feb 11, 2013 5:02 AM

Dec 2010
MidnightPride said:
I wonder if they plan to end bakuman this season or have another? I read over some of the manga and they seemed to have completely skipped a part about...

Yea, this is definitely the last season. There's not really much of the story left, they did skip one insignificant arc which they may release later as OVA or something, but I wouldn't be looking forward to it anyway. And there's also that nostalgic ending showing scenes from past seasons and stuff which also hints at this being the last season. That being said, I'm really enjoying this season so far. Really missed this show since the manga ended last year, it will be sad once the anime ends as well.
Feb 11, 2013 5:24 AM

Feb 2012
Good episode overall, I wanted to see some more from those 2 guys that came to help them.

Next week, it's Yoshidashi's time yeah.
Feb 11, 2013 6:40 AM

Dec 2011
Yeah! They adapted that one chapter story of being Mashiro behind schedule. One of my favorite bits in Bakuman.

Also, Hiramaru proposing!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2013 7:21 AM

May 2010
From the looks of it, they are going to end the series with this season for sure. Decent episode but still too bad they skipped Nanamine's second arc, though there wasn't much of any character development. It may feel a bit rushed when compared to previous two seasons where pacing was much slower.
Feb 11, 2013 7:49 AM

May 2012
Marow said:
A few episodes ago:

Now:

Right.
Yeah, what the hell?
Feb 11, 2013 8:57 AM

May 2010
When they were talking about Reversi and flagship manga, I thought about Death Note (of course). They are worried about their manga being good, but too short. And how long Death Note lasted? About two years with 100+ chapters. And it's still one of most popular ones. Can't help but think it's just like then. Well, if DN would end at its halfway, at least.
Quite good episode anyway, though Mashiro looked like Masao from Shiki at the begining, ugh! :D

Not that nice.

Marow said:
A few episodes ago:

Now:

Right.

True :D Well, still, it's not like you can compare for example Death Note (again...) and Naruto ending.
Feb 11, 2013 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
dat ending.
Feb 11, 2013 12:05 PM

Mar 2012
So these are the last few episodes I'll ever get to watch huh..
Well all I can say is I already miss this show lol. It def gives 10/10 light toned to epic 'never giving in' moments for me. Damn there are a few left. I'm going to savor every last bit. :'[
Feb 11, 2013 12:20 PM
Jan 2011
So, it's possible that Reversi won't last long and may even end early.
Feb 11, 2013 12:20 PM
Oct 2011
Just like last week: When will Jump get such a great addition to the magazine like Zombie Gun and Giri ? >.>
Candor123Feb 11, 2013 12:24 PM
Feb 11, 2013 2:02 PM

Aug 2011
Very uplifting episode. It's always the best idea to write a masterpiece with no other intention than doing so. Long runners aren't always good; a lot of the times, dragging things out doesn't work.
Feb 11, 2013 2:18 PM
Feb 2008
Marow said:
A few episodes ago:

Now:

Right.

I wondered about that too ...
Feb 11, 2013 4:12 PM

May 2012
i get a nostalgia feelings in this ep, when mashiro said to make it a masterpiece for the 3 of them.. love this ep yummy..

Feb 11, 2013 5:15 PM

May 2012
Lirina said:
Marow said:
A few episodes ago:

Now:

Right.

I wondered about that too ...

it's not so much that they didn't like the idea of a manga ending when it naturally should but rather that they wanted their manga to top Crow at least once before it ended.

Eiji's condition that he would continue Crow if it was not 1st was his rule.

Besides, Crow was a manga made to last as long as it did. Shuujin is considering this from far earlier.
Feb 11, 2013 5:33 PM

May 2012
I really like what Mashiro said. It's not about the duration but about the quality of their work.
Feb 11, 2013 5:59 PM
Dec 2012
It was so tense. Such a life. No wonder not a few mangaka die young.

Their goal is to create manga like Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto?? These manga are surely very popular, but are they worth targeting? I want Ashirogi to follow a different path.
Feb 11, 2013 7:00 PM

May 2012
eminagnam said:
It was so tense. Such a life. No wonder not a few mangaka die young.

Their goal is to create manga like Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto?? These manga are surely very popular, but are they worth targeting? I want Ashirogi to follow a different path.

like in terms of popularity and successful status
Feb 11, 2013 7:32 PM

Dec 2010
Really wish that so many manga authors learned from this, quality>quantity....seriously how many mangas have dragged....

Well in any case great episode, glad to see that Reversi will have better direction at the cost of shortened length.
Feb 12, 2013 7:25 AM
Nov 2010
I'm just really glad they are going to finish this - they are averaging 3-to-1 manga to anime. It might seemed a little rushed to some but they are staying extremely true to the manga (except cutting the 2nd Nanamine arc). I always found it funny that they talk about not adding filler content, but that's exactly what the 2nd Nanamine arc felt like to me. It just added a little nostalgia at the end of the arc - but that's all.

Anyway, I can't wait to see this animated until the end. This was one of the few manga that I ever felt that I would truly, truly miss. It seems like the anime will be the same way.
Feb 12, 2013 8:33 AM

Nov 2012
liked how they experimented a lot with face expressions.
Feb 12, 2013 9:22 PM

Jun 2010
This is getting better and better! I can't believe it's almost over when we're in the best part. I don't want it to end :(. Also, next episode looks promising x'D.

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 13, 2013 7:33 PM

Apr 2010
So much references to Death Note and to Ohba's manga beliefs in all of the latest episodes. Really though to think that there's only 6 episodes left for this series

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Feb 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2012
that epi was pretty funny! loled a lot!
Feb 14, 2013 2:16 PM

Sep 2011
Why are people saying that there are so many Death Note references? Did they just go over my head...?
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Feb 14, 2013 3:52 PM
Oct 2011
gigglingidiot said:
Why are people saying that there are so many Death Note references? Did they just go over my head...?
> The 2 MCs in Reversi = L + Kira
> MC wants to shove his thoughts into other people's throat and thinks if everyone thinks the same as him the world would be a better place
> MC gets powers from a demon
> A battle of ideologies between both MCs
> Ashirogi Muto wants to end the series at its best point and not make it a long runner, which isn't normal in Weekly Shonen Jump (that's basically how Obha and Obata wanted it to be, and it would've happened if they ended it at episode 25, but.. light will be shed on that matter in the next episodes)
Feb 14, 2013 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Candor said:
gigglingidiot said:
> The 2 MCs in Reversi = L + Kira
> MC wants to shove his thoughts into other people's throat and thinks if everyone thinks the same as him the world would be a better place
> MC gets powers from a demon
> A battle of ideologies between both MCs
> Ashirogi Muto wants to end the series at its best point and not make it a long runner, which isn't normal in Weekly Shonen Jump (that's basically how Obha and Obata wanted it to be, and it would've happened if they ended it at episode 25, but.. light will be shed on that matter in the next episodes)
Ahh, I appreciate that list! Feel like a ditz.

I just did some research (actually, I just did a Google search) and discovered that the people who made Death Note make Bakuman. Kinda surprised since it seems like Bakuman is being stretched out and two completely different atmospheres.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Feb 16, 2013 2:41 PM

Apr 2008
I liked how clearly it explained why Near was awful.

Episode itself was okay. For how much a show they made of the deadline, the resolution was sort of glazed over. Extra two assistants don't really undo Mashiro not sleeping for a week.
Feb 17, 2013 11:16 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah it feels like they skipped a certain manga arc involving

too bad some of this seems rushed.
Feb 18, 2013 3:42 PM

Jun 2008
The artwork really went to hell in this last two episodes.
Feb 19, 2013 9:24 AM

Jan 2011
This was great, a lot of buildup. However, there are only 5 episodes left, I guess a fourth season will be there after all and I would be delighted if that were to happen! Next episode will be (mainly) about Hiramaru, and Aoki better accept his proposal!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 19, 2013 11:42 AM

Feb 2012
MasterMeNL said:
This was great, a lot of buildup. However, there are only 5 episodes left, I guess a fourth season will be there after all and I would be delighted if that were to happen! Next episode will be (mainly) about Hiramaru, and Aoki better accept his proposal!

There will be no fourth season.

The anime is near the end, this is the final arc.
Apr 4, 2013 3:33 PM

Jul 2009
Mashiro's overworked face is the best thing ever xD
Apr 12, 2013 9:01 AM

Mar 2010
girl from Zombie Gun reminds me Riruka :D
Do pop-up headlights really endanger pedestrians that much?
May 30, 2013 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
Hopefully they will get a 12 episode anime adaptation
Dec 12, 2013 12:00 PM

May 2012
Oh boy, two manga's might be a little bit too much for them but woh Miho sure looked cute on that magazine! Let's see what's next!
Jan 23, 2014 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
Why doesn't Mashiro mention to Takagi what he feels is wrong with the script instead of waiting until Hattori mentions it in their meeting?
Feb 8, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
I'm surprised that Hattori wasn't worried that Ashirogi Muto had to do three manga at the same time. In the end, they were able to work it out.

I'm glad that they opted for a smaller but better serie. Quality is always better than longevity.

But anyway, they still were 3 times N°1, that's pretty good!

Next episode, it look like Hiramaru will ask Aoki hand :3
Go for it, my favorite depressive maniac! xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 11, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
Forced drama at the beginning.
And near the end too.

But still, good thing that they resolved it on this episode.
Jan 21, 2015 11:09 PM
Jun 2013
I really don't get why mashiro doesn't just tell takagi when he hands him the
story what he feels about it. He waits until its already drawn and they're at a
meeting to even mention some type of issue.

When did mashiro get a new phone? Thought he had a flip phone...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

114 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 16, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

322 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
May 6, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.